Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

Hey, my name is Brian Lee, I was at the Saturday New york (NJ) k pop star audition, This is my post on a different forum site.

This basically tells you what happened, at my point of view, I apologize for the awkward writing style etc. 

"If anyone is still on, let me try and summarize this experience so its not 100 pages long. 

1st of all, its a random place in Jersey, Not cool. 

They told us, 8AM they will let us in, 9AM they'll start auditions... YEA FKEN RIGHT

REAL- 10AM they let us in,  12PM they started auditions. A whole bunch of just standing around. 

If your going to go, i STRONGLY STRONGLY advice you to go early. The procedure is super long and if you go 30 minutes early, it could be an hour/s difference at the end. 

This being my like, 7th audition or so, i don't get super nervous, but its something out of this world. 

The judges are all important people in each company and they are very judgmental.

They personally told me i was a good singer, but i fked up my dancing and they told me i was shy... 

These live auditions to me has been more of a time to meet new people rather than "auditioning". I met SO many people and its an amazing feeling. 

Quick summary: 

8:50AM arrival 

10:40AM proceed into the main area (Registrations were super fast)

at 10:46 i got to the stage area.

For the next hour was filming. 

They played a "k-pop star" video and then they played 2NE1, i'm the best for us to just  sing and dance to, then sorry sorry (SUJU) then Hands up (2PM) And then 2NE1 again o.o  (Some people went NUTS)

Anyways, They then proceed to film more... They were very demanding. 

Everyone got a poster sign thingy with your flag on the back with the kpop star sign on the front. You had to scream and show your flags.

We then had to go on stage, ( i didn't go) About half of the people and there was a woman who wore a statue of liberty suit and she said stuff then they opened the curtains to the 150 kids screaming, "I"M THE NEXT KPOP STAR" 

They then started auditions.

Around 12:20 they told us the schedule, 1-60 #'s audition right away, and every else has to come back by 1:30PM and go eat. 

At around 1:30PM they started lining everyone up, 10 people to each row for about 20 rows. I was # 189... 

FIND FRIENDS, because its a LONG richard simmons WAIT. 

When they call you up, they let you practice on stage with 20 people and they film some people on stage too. (Curtains closed) The 10 people that are there leave soon after to either audition room A,B, or C. 

You continue to practice until they call you in. 

Each auditioning room has about 10 people at all times. They circulate in people at the 5 people mark. you go in one at a time and they tell you on the spot if you make it to the 2nd round of the 2nd round. 

If you pass, you have to wait until 7PM to audition in front of JYP himself, he decides who goes to Korea. 

The judges were super intimidating, they main judge was so done with us 180+ and it was pretty sad... 

Any questions, please feel free to ask. Even though its tomorrow~ "

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

Hey, my name is Brian Lee, I was at the Saturday New york (NJ) k pop star audition, This is my post on a different forum site.

This basically tells you what happened, at my point of view, I apologize for the awkward writing style etc. 

"If anyone is still on, let me try and summarize this experience so its not 100 pages long. 

They told us, 8AM they will let us in, 9AM they'll start auditions... YEA FKEN RIGHT

REAL- 10AM they let us in,  12PM they started auditions. A whole bunch of just standing around. 

If your going to go, i STRONGLY STRONGLY advice you to go early. The procedure is super long and if you go 30 minutes early, it could be an hour/s difference at the end. 

This being my like, 7th audition or so, i don't get super nervous, but its something out of this world. 

The judges are all important people in each company and they are very judgmental.

They personally told me i was a good singer, but i fked up my dancing and they told me i was shy... 

These live auditions to me has been more of a time to meet new people rather than "auditioning". I met SO many people and its an amazing feeling. 

Quick summary: 

They played a "k-pop star" video and then they played 2NE1, i'm the best for us to just  sing and dance to, then sorry sorry (SUJU) then Hands up (2PM) And then 2NE1 again o.o  (Some people went NUTS)

Everyone got a poster sign thingy with your flag on the back with the kpop star sign on the front. You had to scream and show your flags.

We then had to go on stage, ( i didn't go) About half of the people and there was a woman who wore a statue of liberty suit and she said stuff then they opened the curtains to the 150 kids screaming, "I"M THE NEXT KPOP STAR" 

Around 12:20 they told us the schedule, 1-60 #'s audition right away, and every else has to come back by 1:30PM and go eat. 

At around 1:30PM they started lining everyone up, 10 people to each row for about 20 rows. I was # 189... 

When they call you up, they let you practice on stage with 20 people and they film some people on stage too. (Curtains closed) The 10 people that are there leave soon after to either audition room A,B, or C. 

Each auditioning room has about 10 people at all times. They circulate in people at the 5 people mark. you go in one at a time and they tell you on the spot if you make it to the 2nd round of the 2nd round. 

If you pass, you have to wait until 7PM to audition in front of JYP himself, he decides who goes to Korea. 

The judges were super intimidating, they main judge was so done with us 180+ and it was pretty sad... 

thank you for posting this up (: helped alot and it's making me even MORE nervous haha :P gosh i finally chose a song and i need to start practicing it haha :P goodluck to everyone else!!~~~ oh and did you happen to find out the date that people would be flying to korea?? did they announce it at all?

thank you for posting this up (: helped alot and it's making me even MORE nervous haha :P gosh i finally chose a song and i need to start practicing it haha :P goodluck to everyone else!!~~~ oh and did you happen to find out the date that people would be flying to korea?? did they announce it at all?

The people that passed to the 2nd round of the 2nd round had to perform in front of jyp himself. He was very harsh and gave no words other then, come again next time or thanks for coming. If he passes you, you get a fake plane ticket and supposedly you get a real plane ticket mailed to you in 2 days. Thats all i know about it, best of luck! Practice a lot! Dancing and singing, and have confidence. If you think you have confidence, you need more, confidence x1000000000.  

The people that passed to the 2nd round of the 2nd round had to perform in front of jyp himself. He was very harsh and gave no words other then, come again next time or thanks for coming. If he passes you, you get a fake plane ticket and supposedly you get a real plane ticket mailed to you in 2 days. Thats all i know about it, best of luck! Practice a lot! Dancing and singing, and have confidence. If you think you have confidence, you need more, confidence x1000000000.  

I wonder if anyone got the plane ticket ! Thank you so much for sharing by the way ^^ !

Did you see anyone pass the 2nd round to the 2nd round ?

Quick summary: 

Thank you for sharing your experience. This must have been amazing !! The procedure seems scarying though and gives more stress.

I have three questions :

1 - Technically they require a-minute song or dance : did anyone perform more then one minute ? like 1:30 or 2-minutes ? my choreo is like 1:30 and if it's too long I'm gonna cut it to make it 1 minute.

2 - Is the stage large enough to move 2, 3 meters in front or behind and on the sides ? Cuz, my dance choreo needs some space.

3 - Concerning people who have to audition in 7M, did they perform the same thing in the morning or do they have to do something else ?

omg, just by reading the audition experience already gave me cold sweat and something twisting in my stomach .. but thanx 100000000x for sharing! and i'm wondering is the dancing part a 'must do' or only for people who put in dance in the application form? because i am really a goner when it comes to dancing and don't think i would like to show it in the audition .. >.<

Guest snsd_178

Hey so I sent a application and picture through email yesterday, when do you think I will get a reply? Its was to the LA email.

I just sent my application and a picture. Is that all?

And I sent them as attachments, is that what I was supposed to do?

Guest Jaypark93

Just got back from the new york audition, it was a boring experience. literally 4 hours for 10 minutes.

how wast it and u got 10 min too show ur talent or what?

Guest xxHahaXD

pretty much 1 minute to do what you prepared. the judges i was with asked me to do it again then freestyle to a dbsk song. but these judges were Tom Cruise lol, they were making fun of the person who went in before me.

a's'sh'oles

pretty much 1 minute to do what you prepared. the judges i was with asked me to do it again then freestyle to a dbsk song. but these judges were Tom Cruise lol, they were making fun of the person who went in before me.

a's'sh'oles

I went also, did you go to audition room B, the woman there was basically a rude person. she thought my friend couldn't speak korean, so she failed her, when actually me and friend speak in korean a lot, considering she's even from korea.

and i signed up for MC, and she was like well i don't know why you even got accepted considering mc's not even an option.

even i'm curious as to why i got accepted?

but i guess the audition gave me experience.

did you meet JYP, (pass the 2nd round of today's audition)

Guest xxHahaXD

I went also, did you go to audition room B, the woman there was basically a rude person. she thought my friend couldn't speak korean, so she failed her, when actually me and friend speak in korean a lot, considering she's even from korea.

and i signed up for MC, and she was like well i don't know why you even got accepted considering mc's not even an option.

even i'm curious as to why i got accepted?

but i guess the audition gave me experience.

did you meet JYP, (pass the 2nd round of today's audition)

I didn't either haha. I was in the early 200's so I guess the judges were getting tired

Actually, there was this girl who went before me, and everyone expected her to make it in, the staff were all like she's definitely going to make it in, however, she didn't ... i find the lady judge to be so picky, which i don't blame because judges have to be picky. but there's something about her i found unfair.

I didn't either haha. I was in the early 200's so I guess the judges were getting tired

i feel like  a lot of good people were rejected today because of her.

Thank you for sharing your experience. This must have been amazing !! The procedure seems scarying though and gives more stress.

I have three questions :

1 - Technically they require a-minute song or dance : did anyone perform more then one minute ? like 1:30 or 2-minutes ? my choreo is like 1:30 and if it's too long I'm gonna cut it to make it 1 minute.

2 - Is the stage large enough to move 2, 3 meters in front or behind and on the sides ? Cuz, my dance choreo needs some space.

3 - Concerning people who have to audition in 7M, did they perform the same thing in the morning or do they have to do something else ?

Your welcome ^^, And I prepared a song thats about 1 minute 20 seconds, i got cut. And i think i'm a fairly good singer, if they cut you its fine too, if you have some amazing move at then end then you should try to put it all together.

2) The stage is not a stage, there are 3 rooms, And there is not that much room at all. I'm not sure exactly how big it is, sorry ><

3) Yes, they sang the same thing. I heard from some people that passed the 1st audition of the 2nd audition, that they barely had any time, even to dance if they had a dance and a song. 

Best of luck! Practice hard, and confidence!!!!

omg, just by reading the audition experience already gave me cold sweat and something twisting in my stomach .. but thanx 100000000x for sharing! and i'm wondering is the dancing part a 'must do' or only for people who put in dance in the application form? because i am really a goner when it comes to dancing and don't think i would like to show it in the audition .. >.<

Your welcome! No biggie xD

And I don't know exactly, but heres some suggestions

1) Don't dance. The helper people go around and staple a red sticker on to your # tag, up to you to accept it or not. The judges do see your application though.

2) I recommend that you dance, because there was a girl a few people ahead of me and she was a very good singer, but she didn't dance, very pretty and they cut her. She was very fobby. 

What ever you do, best of luck, again practice and confidence!

Guest pok3ydot

Is their stage wooden or is it a carpet flooring? 

& should i call them or are they supposed to call me to confirm my audition date...

in my LA e-mail i didn't get a number, but they sent me a NY e-mail too saying i passed with a number on it.

i never signed up to the NY one though...so am i supposed to call that number? Or is that to the NY auditions only?

Quick summary: 

Hmm, I found it very interesting when you said you're allowed to practice on stage before you audition in front of the judges which I find very interesting. So if you pass the first round you'll have to wait till 7PM to audition again in front of JYP himself and would you do the same routine/song/etc. that you did for the first round, cause I don't really think I can magically make a new dance routine by 7PM in one day xD When you're audition in the rooms do you have to go to all three rooms or do you just audition in one room and you get a, "Pass" or a, "Sorry, maybe next time." You're being filmed while practicing? xD That'd be cool :D! Thanks for the info, I'll try my best and if I'm auditioning for dance, can I choose to freestyle or do I have to do a cover/ choreography?

i went to yesterday audition and i didn't make it either. the lady judge was ok. she smile at me when i went in. but the guy didn't even look at me. i danced and they didn't cut me. after that, they talked for a while then the translator said "sorry, you lacked what we are looking for." they didn't specifically say what i lacked. so i'm kind of confused if it was because i didn't dance well or because i didn't sing.

and i really don't get them.. there was this one girl who sang and was out of tune the whole time and her dancing skill was so-so. sbs staff outside the room were even making fun of her and said that she wouldn't make it. but guess what.. she passed. we were all shocked when that happened. and the next auditioner after her was a Korean guy and he was really good in dancing and has a nice voice. all the sbs staff liked him and they even said that he'll make it. but unfortunately, the judges failed him.

i went to yesterday audition and i didn't make it either. the lady judge was ok. she smile at me when i went in. but the guy didn't even look at me. i danced and they didn't cut me. after that, they talked for a while then the translator said "sorry, you lacked what we are looking for." they didn't specifically say what i lacked. so i'm kind of confused if it was because i didn't dance well or because i didn't sing.

and i really don't get them.. there was this one girl who sang and was out of tune the whole time and her dancing skill was so-so. sbs staff outside the room were even making fun of her and said that she wouldn't make it. but guess what.. she passed. we were all shocked when that happened. and the next auditioner after her was a Korean guy and he was really good in dancing and has a nice voice. all the sbs staff liked him and they even said that he'll make it. but unfortunately, the judges failed him.

I think that your application gets judged as well. So followed by your outstanding talent, your application would probably also be what gets you to the next round.

I've just got an email stating that I passed 1st round and I'm invited to go to audition in Paris. So relieved and happy to enjoy this day !

However, they asked me to bring and fill a form...I don't know if there was a mistake in translating in French, but the form just describes the agenda of the day of the audition.

Archived