♛ BIGBANG ♛ The Official 빅뱅 Thread ★彡[ Ver. 3 ]

Guest the7REAL.

Guest sarahkristine

Can I post this here? Mods please help me. :-) It involves 2 out of 5 members??! pretty please!!! hehehe. just warn me if I should delete/edit the post.

Best selling solo artists per year since 1998.

1ny6g4.jpg

Guest beiusung

thank for sharing info sarahkristine

you always come up with grat Newsi don't know that KPOP artist could sell mils wow

why their sale number is going down hill these days?

Guest lualm

hi!

thanks sarahkristine for posting the Melon Chart news!

i'm really proud of the boys for this latest record breaker. i don't mean to sound nasty but i 'd prefer my boys to come up with an all-hit album than just a one-hit single. yes, they also have their share of signature songs but making an album where all the songs are fully accepted by the fans is an entirely different achievement. it means consistency, constantly creating music that have commercial appeal, but at the same time having enough variety that puts them miles ahead of their competitors.

i'm also deeply moved by the compliments given by the Infinite Challenge PD and Myung-soo ssi for GD. just exactly how many young people in the industry are able to command respect from their seniors? he's just awesome.

Guest beiusung

Melon Charts(info) since 2010

Most successful male idol song:

1. 2PM's Heartbeat

Most successful female idol song:

1. IU's Good Day

Most Top 10 Hits

Big Bang - 5

2NE1/2AM - 4

GDTOP - 3

IU - 2

Most Cumulative Weeks of all HIT SONGS in Top 10

2NE1 - 19 weeks

Big Bang - 16 weeks

2AM - 15 weeks

SNSD/IU - 13 weeks

Best Performing Album

Big Bang Tonight - 5 top 10 hits

2NE1 To Anyone - 4 top 10 hits

GDTOP High High - 3 top 10 hits

Most Number 1 For a Single Album

2NE1 To Anyone - Go Away, Can't Nobody

Other Observations:

1. Big Bang and 2NE1 are ALBUM SELLERS, especially Big Bang. The YG groups manage to chart with more than 2 songs in the top 10.

2. IU's Good Day is the most successful song, having charted for 23 weeks already and still counting.

3. 2AM always get 2 songs in the top 5.

4. SNSD only charts their title songs in the top 10.

cre: 6theory

i guess GTOP will be nominated album of the year sine their album was No.1 8 or9 weeks in a row

and Bigbang for artist of the year on Melon chart

Guest sarahkristine

^^Physical albums sell millions before, but nowadays Kpop artists sell millions too but in digital copies. E.g Big Bang, who all in all sold almost 10 million digital singles since GDTOP album. Digital music is definitely the future of the music industry.

And also, I very much agree with you. Big Bang sells the entire album. Even during their Stand Up days, Heaven and Lady also charted high. In Remember, Wonderful and Strong Baby were also digital hits. Even G-Dragon's album captured 8 out 10 spots in the charts during the first few days. I like that fact. It's Big Bang's quality, in fact it's their OWN quality, an achievement that's only theirs. In this album, we have proven that Big Bang are digital powerhouses in terms of overall sales. The 11-week record in Melon is a proof of that. I don't think Big Bang is still in the place to create super mega hit song like Lies, Haru, and Last Farewell were. Those were their breakout songs, so I don't really expect Big Bang to create the same impact. The same way that SNSD never repeated the Gee-syndrome (sorry for mentioning other artists).

GDTOP album has been toppled by I am singer album. So I expect albumsang to be captured by an I am singer album. But I dare say that Big Bang has Artist of the year in the bag (lol, their biggest enemy is their sister group 2NE1). Melon would definitely give SOY to IU's Good Day. I'm prepare to eat my predictions since we're only on the 5th month.

Guest shinhdeplol

[PHOTO] 110517 New A SHOT A DAY photo of G-Dragon

fd4aa873746a8540b151b9f.jpg

5ba5843128a5d14a91ef39f.jpg

C: a shot a day co.kr via bestiz // BIG_wow @ baidu

Guest beiusung

i think GTOP and BIGBANG could get higher with their album since some Bs things about melon againist the Companies involved in KMP holding ( YG, SM, Mnet, JYP) Do you remeber what they did with Tonight? streaming hadn't worked for that song for few hours Melon help the girl from Secret take the No.1 spot ( her agency is partner of Melon)threre was an article about and that they just did it again for Park Bom " don't  cry" and F(x) danger  so i doubt the sucess IU achived because for meGood day is good but it's not that great.

Guest sarahkristine

Celebrities in Love & Hope Tour Batch 7

Another list of sexy and extremely beautiful Japanese fans. Why do they have such hot ladies as fans?!?!

Yes, KMP holdings now distribute the songs for YG, SM and JYP. And Loen is very much challenging this. There have been issues with Tonight in the past, but since VIPs were overjoyed those times, they just let it go. Tonight stayed atop for 10 days anyways. And the only reason why Tonight hasn't reached the roof as many times as expected (it only hit it 2x) is because both Cafe and What is Right also ate up a huge lot of market share. The roof indicates the market share. Tonight couldn't take hold of the market to the maximum extent because people also downloaded and streamed Cafe and What is Right. That's how much those non-title tracks fared. They really SOLD alot, even better than other title tracks of other artists. Had Tonight been released in a stand alone manner (without other BB new songs to compete with), it could have hit the roof for many many many times.

Guest LaeLa_is_DeAd

I'm really glad that there's already an official news regarding GD's injury.

At least that would make my heart rest from racing so bad.

And to get my mind off of the cancelled KPOP tour in Cebu.

TSK. :tears: OMO!

Anyway, I'm so proud of our boys, seeing the rankings.

I can't be any prouder it brings tears to my eyes.

And I would just like to quote this from blahblah87:

The AWESOMENESS that VIPS are due to the EPICNESS that BIG BANG is.

Guest samosvetleee

{MISC}BiG BanG Collection Card Box Set Photo Review

6fb436.jpg

Hello all, it's Jolene again! I hope you enjoy my last post :) {last time she reviewed the SE Album}

I ordered the box set of Big Bang Collection Card and it just arrived today! There are some duplicates so I might do a giveaway sometime soon, do watch out for that!

Here we go!

j9ss48.jpg1415h8y.jpgou0590.jpg2d1usyo.jpg

As usual, the packaging is high quality! The box set came with 10 packs of cards, with 6 cards in each pack. There are very few duplicates, something that surprised me very much! But this is YG we're talking about, after all :)

2qjjd4w.jpg

The cards! I've put the duplicates together. Can you spot them?

I hope you enjoy the post!

Photos by J-Lene @ BBUpdates

Credits : J-Lene @ BBUpdates + vip area @bigbangupdates

Guest darkaz619

GDTOP album has been toppled by I am singer album. So I expect albumsang to be captured by an I am singer album. But I dare say that Big Bang has Artist of the year in the bag (lol, their biggest enemy is their sister group 2NE1). Melon would definitely give SOY to IU's Good Day. I'm prepare to eat my predictions since we're only on the 5th month.

thank you for all the info yes Big Bang will win Artist of the year for sure but better wait for 2NE1 album to come out they sell a lot too in short period of time they beat 2AM and SNSD who digital album been out for a whole year 2NE1 only need 3 months to beat them so Big Bang is not guarantee to win melon album of the year.

if 2NE1 catch up on Big Bang album i think the deciding factor is votes so Big Bang got an advantage there YG sure is happy having two groups that can sale digital music.

EDIT: lol i'm getting -1.

Guest Adri_Yoo

Top 20 Stars girls most want to be boyfriend

1. G-Dragon Bigbang (896 votes)

5. TOP Bigbang (718 votes)

7. Daesung Bigbang (543 votes)

14. Seungri Bigbang (291 votes)

17. Taeyang Bigbang (279 votes)

Credit: Your K Besties

Shared via @Gateway2Korea

Guest kminoko

{MISC}BiG BanG Collection Card Box Set Photo Review

*quoted image*

The cards! I've put the duplicates together. Can you spot them?

I hope you enjoy the post!

Photos by J-Lene @ BBUpdates

Credits : J-Lene @ BBUpdates + vip area @bigbangupdates

Guest sarahkristine

It's official.

Big Bang is number 1 in Oricon Weekly Album Chart!

65k in 1 week, that is a huge huge improvement. Most people were expecting 40-50k, but 65k is just so so amazing for Big Bang. This is their best record. I'm so proud. They are the 2nd 4th Korean artist to top the weekly album chart (next to BoA, TVXQ, and JYJ).

Source: Oricon News It seems though that Oricon hasn't updated the site up to now. The news came first before the chart.