[Drama 2011] Sweet Palpitation / Pit-a-pat, My Love 두근두근 달콤

Guest fanda4000

Guest lynnie18

@Expuery: thank you. I was wondering what HN said to DH at the restaurant. It's really cute that she likes DH almost immediately from the first meeting.

@IBELIS: I totally agree with you about CH. What's the deal with him. Does he need to be that desperate? I hate it when a guy can't take a no for what it is. He really makes me hate him more. I know that he seems to have been a very good friend for her over the years. I know he loves her or whatever but I think he missed his chance to get her love already so he should not pressure her like this. The apartment is way too much.

As for the shabby clothing, I think they might purposely choose this to make it's clearer the different between DH and MJ's financial status. I do think that they might overdo it a bit for the mum. I mean, she could at least wear something more presentable. But then I saw this in other k-drama where the mother of the not-so-well-off heroine wearing some very ridiculous clothes. Maybe in this drama they wants to portray the mother does not care how she dresses because she's at home most of the time? In Vietnam where I am staying now I've seen people dressing their pjs or comfortable home clothing to go out to the market and such so I can imagine that might be the same in some part of Korea. I assume that it is not so in the US.

For MJ I think her clothes are not too shabby but she is a character who is definitely not thinking too much about her appearance. She is a bit tomboyish in her style so her wardrobe so far seems to portray it well.

Back to the drama, I can see hard time ahead. Not only DH's family oppose the relationship, now that MJ's father knows, he is obiviously not supporting it either. I just hope DH will find a way to get through this all. And I hope that MJ will at least come to term with her attraction for DH.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Expuery:  Thanks so much for the all the translations.

Since this is a daily drama, it will be 100+ episodes.  Only 39 episodes have been broadcasted.  So, we have along way to go . . . and many loops to go.

I wonder if they'll have MJ and DH marry their respective 'nut-cases' and then, divorced.  (Man, that's a pair of bookends ... CH and JH.) :wacko:

I do wish they start revealing more of the back story on their characters, especially the ones in MJ's family.

BTW, have they revealed why DH and JH divorced?

actually i kind of don't blame MJ's dad for opposing MJ & DH. DH's family can be quite a handful and what kind of father would want his daughter subjected to the kind of abuse DH's dad is more than capable of dishing out. DH's dad is not a bad person but he is cranky because of some illness and extremely bad tempered as we can see. in short ... he's scary. :ph34r:

i'm actually disappointed with DH's way of handling things. did he really agree to marry JH just because MJ is still pushing him away and her dad also object to him or just because his dad announced it publicly? i rather he stand firm on his decision not to marry JH irregardless of MJ. he should totally kill both JH & his parents hope of his reconciliation with JH before pursuing MJ recklessly. how does he expect her to trust him and just follow his lead when he can't even persuade his father or JH first.

I do wish they start revealing more of the back story on their characters, especially the ones in MJ's family.

BTW, have they revealed why DH and JH divorced?

whose backstory in particular are you referring to? lol ... so far we know that Deoksu's mom is MJ's mom's stepmother and from what I gather she treated MJ's mom pretty badly and beat her up etc..  before she ran away and left Deoksu behind after their father died. that's why Deoksu is very devoted to his sister who practically brought him up. seems like he was quite a troublemaker when he was younger and get into scrapes which requires MJ's parents who are not financially well off to bail him out with money they could ill afford. on top of that ... the dad is also too kind hearted for his own good and co-sign loans & loan money to friends. that is why till now MJ's brother has not graduated from college and that's why he is sometimes angry with the dad & samchoon. he's working all kind of jobs he could in spare time so he can get back to college on his own after coming back from the army. MJ worked and pay her own way through college as well as help out the family finances too. it was mentioned by her classmates that she was always busy and the first time CH met her at that college trip was the first time she found time to join in any excursion.

it's actually kind of nice to watch a drama where there are no leechers in the family ... well except for Deoksu's mom but eventhough she's annoyingly thick skinned at times ... she's not exactly leeching off them since she does have some money saved before she was widowed. (not sure if she lost her money with that jjimjibang ahjumma eyeing her locker like that?)  i think she married well the 2nd time and the husband treat her well but after he died ... the stepchildren threw her out.

DH & JH didn't officially register their marriage actually. from what we were told ... they were newlyweds when DH got into an accident and he was badly injured. he overheard JH talking with her dad on the phone. her dad told her to break up with DH or something because he doesn't want his only daughter saddled with taking care of a bed ridden husband and postponing her studies etc. probably they don't even know if DH will survive his injuries back then. since it was an arranged loveless marriage (at least from DH's point of view) ... he didn't want JH to feel obliged having to care for him so he told her to let him go so he won't feel burdened having her around.

lynnie18/ibelis ... since both of you also watch the kbs sub ... do feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. :sweatingbullets: i'm watching way too many dramas and i may be remembering the wrong thing. :P

actually i kind of don't blame MJ's dad for opposing MJ & DH. DH's family can be quite a handful and what kind of father would want his daughter subjected to the kind of abuse DH's dad is more than capable of dishing out. DH's dad is not a bad person but he is cranky because of some illness and extremely bad tempered as we can see. in short ... he's scary. :ph34r:

i'm actually disappointed with DH's way of handling things. did he really agree to marry JH just because MJ is still pushing him away and her dad also object to him or just because his dad announced it publicly? i rather he stand firm on his decision not to marry JH irregardless of MJ. he should totally kill both JH & his parents hope of his reconciliation with JH before pursuing MJ recklessly. how does he expect her to trust him and just follow his lead when he can't even persuade his father or JH first.

whose backstory in particular are you referring to? lol ... so far we know that Deoksu's mom is MJ's mom's stepmother and from what I gather she treated MJ's mom pretty badly and beat her up etc..  before she ran away and left Deoksu behind after their father died. that's why Deoksu is very devoted to his sister who practically brought him up. seems like he was quite a troublemaker when he was younger and get into scrapes which requires MJ's parents who are not financially well off to bail him out with money they could ill afford. on top of that ... the dad is also too kind hearted for his own good and co-sign loans & loan money to friends. that is why till now MJ's brother has not graduated from college and that's why he is sometimes angry with the dad & samchoon. he's working all kind of jobs he could in spare time so he can get back to college on his own after coming back from the army. MJ worked and pay her own way through college as well as help out the family finances too. it was mentioned by her classmates that she was always busy and the first time CH met her at that college trip was the first time she found time to join in any excursion.

it's actually kind of nice to watch a drama where there are no leechers in the family ... well except for Deoksu's mom but eventhough she's annoyingly thick skinned at times ... she's not exactly leeching off them since she does have some money saved before she was widowed. (not sure if she lost her money with that jjimjibang ahjumma eyeing her locker like that?)  i think she married well the 2nd time and the husband treat her well but after he died ... the stepchildren threw her out.

DH & JH didn't officially register their marriage actually. from what we were told ... they were newlyweds when DH got into an accident and he was badly injured. he overheard JH talking with her dad on the phone. her dad told her to break up with DH or something because he doesn't want his only daughter saddled with taking care of a bed ridden husband and postponing her studies etc. probably they don't even know if DH will survive his injuries back then. since it was an arranged loveless marriage (at least from DH's point of view) ... he didn't want JH to feel obliged having to care for him so he told her to let him go so he won't feel burdened having her around.

lynnie18/ibelis ... since both of you also watch the kbs sub ... do feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. :sweatingbullets: i'm watching way too many dramas and i may be remembering the wrong thing. :P

Thanks to all of you, I got that much.  But, I'm wondering about CH, the girl living with MJ's family and DH's brother and sister-in-law.  Does DH and his brother have different mothers?  I perceive the mother to be more laissez-faire with the older son and his wife. ???

Guest lynnie18

Auntie Mame, as far as I know, I think DH and his brother have the same mother. DH's mother seems like a peace-keeper in the family, always trying to smooth out everyone's relationships. I think she is more concerned with DH and JH now because their relationship has not settled yet.

CH seems to know both MJ and her ex, they were probably university friends or something. I am not sure about this. CH also seems to harbour his crush for MJ for a very long time and already missed his chance of confessing to her once.

The girl living with MJ's family is Ming Ming, a Chinese who is obessed with Korean dramas and wants to become a K-drama script writer. When things happened to her she almost immediately thought of a similar scenario from K-drama. I am not sure how she ended up staying with MJ's family but it seemed MJ's uncle DeokSu found her and he seems to have a crush on her too. MM is working as a assitant writer to a very cranky writer at the same TV station as MJ. She is sort of working with MJ's brother because they got in at the same time. However it seemed that they did not let everyone know that they were staying at the same house or that they knew MJ. MJ's uncle was getting jealous because of the closeness between GangSan - MJ's brother and MM.

exupery, I am watching on KBS but not as regular as I want since it is showing only once a day and at an odd hour for me but I think you pretty much cover everything. I agree with you about how DH. I can't believe that he just agreed to that ridiculous arrangement because everything is going against him at the moment. I also understand why MJ's father opposed the match. After what he heard from DH's family, what kind of father would want his daughter to go through that, especially MJ has already got her heart broken once. And there is also MJ's daughter.

I also wish that MJ be more firm with CH. She's raising his hope when she's still being too nice to him. I can't even watch the restaurant scene today when CH tried to wipe off something from MJ's lips. I think I am too biased but I hate it when guy tried to act like a couple when there's nothing there yet (except close friendship)

Auntie Mame :"I wonder if they'll have MJ and DH marry their respective 'nut-cases' and then, divorced. (Man, that's a pair of bookends ... CH and JH.) :wacko:" LOL at your bookends remark. However I hope that they will not got through this scenario. One divorce ismore than enough.

I wonder how the story will move forward now that DH agreed to the second arranged marriage. I know we still have a long way to go but I can't wait until MJ official reciprocate her feelings for DH.

Also, I know that DH's mother remembered that CH is the guardian of GH - MJ's ex - and agreed to the heart transplant. I want to know how that will affect the everyone, because she seems to know that CH is working at the station - or she at least saw him going into the station.

Edit: Tibits from Episode 30 - MJ's mum and dad story: Dad asked Mum out many times but Mum turned down. One day she agreed but turned up at the date with a child and explains that it's her baby brother. He wanted to get married but she did not say anything because of her brother and also her sick father. So he planned with her step mother (the uncle's mother) and sneaked in one early morning to pretend that they slept together. There was a scene where this woman run through the whole neighbourhood announcing about her sleeping with a man - seriously scary, I hope it was only in a drama and not really like this in reality. So MJ's dad got to marry her mum.

This was what MJ's dad told DH because DH asked him. It's kind of hilarious when DH said that he should have used this method with his lady (MJ) but MJ's dad said it's not working nowadays.

Also, DH sent totally cringe-worthy text message to MJ.

DH: Good night my princess ~ from your prince

When MJ did not reply

DH: Sleeping ~ then my Sleeping Beauty, dream of me ~

MJ was amused by the texts. She was indeed attracted to me. If I got text message like that from someone that I did not romantic feelings then it would totally make me cringe, rather than feeling happy.

BTW, after sending those texts, DH was so giddy like a little boy with his first love - so funny and contrast to his president image.

I now understand that the award ceremony on episode 38 was for the morning team got second place at the festival.

Back to episode 30, DH got the news that MJ went to the festival by bus through his driver/assitant and got on the bus to go with her. His assistant told DH that he booked a restaurant where MJ would like. It was actually a food stall but the assistant managed to get a table with everything laid out nicely. I really liked the assistant. He's such a matchmaker.

Then DH tried to make a heart out of brown sugar from MJ. It's kind of cute when he had to try so many times to do it. MJ and the assistant had to go sitting down because DH took too long and had too many failed attempts. Kim assistant mentioned that DH would not give up easily. When MJ saw DH running towards them with his successful attempts she said that he was indeed determined. To think that only 9 episodes later, DH could forget his determination and agreed to marry JH, I feel so sad.

No that was way I remembered it.

Guest lynnie18

Some clarifications from Episode 31:

MJ's family was talking about helping CH and MJ to get married. MJ's mom asked HN what she thought about that and HN surprised everyone when she asked about her dad. It seemed that she's still waiting for her dad to come back. So she did not say whether or not she likes CH as her dad, only that she's thinking that her dad would come back like with DS's mum.

JH sort of threatened DH that he had to be careful about what he's doing because if MJ got fired from his TV station, she might not have any chance to work somewhere else. She's also pretty sure about DH become her man in the future, even though DH did say that he did not love her. No wonder I don't like JH at all.

By chance, has anyone here checked out "Indomitable Daughters-in-law"?  Seem to have a really strong and good cast.  Chae Rim's brother is playing the part of a younger man who falls in love with the heroine.  :huh:

Back to Pit-a-pat, doesn't CH have any family of his own?  Perhaps, this is also why he is so attached to MJ's family?

The party was a welcome home party for DH and JH thrown by their friends the gut was and ex boyfriend of JH, he was thrown out of his father's company because of his wild ways. He makes nasty remarks to brother about being replaced as president by DH, then he says that he heard that DH and JH are getting back together and if it ddidn't work the first time why remarry, the sister law was about to tell him about MJ but the brother cut her off and said that DH was across the room.

When he goes over to DH he makes some remarks about him and JH, then JH walks up and suggest that they are so happy . When he takes her off to the side he ask her why don't they get back together.

When DH is lying in bed and get's upset and goes see the doctor we learned. That DH does not remember what his marriage to JH was like, he does not remember what happen the day of the accident and he does not remember the accident. What came out of this session was that he remembered that he was following someone. The doctor told him to talk with his family to fill in what they knew.

The night that JH fixed the wine and had fruit tray waiting for DH to come back was their anniversary, the SIL cracked that she didn't know that divorced peopled celebrated their wedding anniversary. When DH gets home he apologizes for not remembering,he asked her why she planned such a thing and she went on about how happy they where when they were newly weds and then he had the accident and then he wanted the divorce. He said he was sorry again then told her all the stuff he could not remember but that he was getting better because he was having hypnotherapy, That's when you see her back in her room looking worried. Her phone rings and it's the bad guy want to meet for drinks.

When DH is having lunch with the brother and SIL he asked them about the accident and what they remembered, he also asked where JH was. The brother always kind said that he did not remember much except it was late at night but that he should not worry because he could not remember and also that JH was most likely at home, the SIL jumped in and said that she was not home because they were unable to reach her and kept leaving her messages and that she finally showed up at the hospital the next morning.

Because of Hana questions about her father we also found out that MJ parents do not know that he is dead. 

DS mother was not married to the rich guy, she was the housekeeper and when his wife died she started having an affair with him and he then gave her the run of the place. When he died his adult children kicked her out so she could not get any of his money.

There was also a scene where DH ask JH why she wanted to marry him so bad because she had also been forced into the arranged marriage the first time, but this time she knows that he does not love her but loves her like a sister but she is obsessed with them getting married. She tells him that as newly weds they were so happy and he said he did not remember their life as newly weds.

These are my speculations:

JH was in love with the guy from the party and after she was forced to marry DH she kept seeing him on the side, the night of the accident DH was following her or them and some how they caused the accident but did not realize that he was hurt. When she turned her phone back on that's when she found out.She is also probably worried about the scandal if it got out. If they can get remarried then even if talk comes out she can say it's just an ugly rumor. She has been feeling guilty ever since because he almost died so she broke off things with the other guy and went to the states. The other guy is still in love with her and has a reckless nature so I can see him down the line telling all. 

By chance, has anyone here checked out "Indomitable Daughters-in-law"?  Seem to have a really strong and good cast.  Chae Rim's brother is playing the part of a younger man who falls in love with the heroine.  :huh:

I'm not watching that but I am watching miss ajumma 

Guest lynnie18

There was also a scene where DH ask JH why she wanted to marry him so bad because she had also been forced into the arranged marriage the first time, but this time she knows that he does not love her but loves her like a sister but she is obsessed with them getting married. She tells him that as newly weds they were so happy and he said he did not remember their life as newly weds.

These are my speculations:

JH was in love with the guy from the party and after she was forced to marry DH she kept seeing him on the side, the night of the accident DH was following her or them and some how they caused the accident but did not realize that he was hurt. When she turned her phone back on that's when she found out.She is also probably worried about the scandal if it got out. If they can get remarried then even if talk comes out she can say it's just an ugly rumor. She has been feeling guilty ever since because he almost died so she broke off things with the other guy and went to the states. The other guy is still in love with her and has a reckless nature so I can see him down the line telling all. 

Thank you for the infor about JH's ex. Somehow I think that JH and that guy deserve each other. JH is such a rude and manipulative person. I dislike her more and more each episode.

I think your speculations are quite spot on. JH must have something to do with the accident. On episode 42 today, DH started to remember that on the night of the accident, he saw ex bf got a drunken JH into his car and drove off. DH must have followed them and then got into an accident.

BTW, I find it quite funny that they make all the guys wear glasses in the past. First CH, then DH and now that ex bf too. :D

EDIT: Episode 32 - DH asked MJ's father for a drink and then asked about how MJ broke up with her boyfriend. It appeared that MJ's ex left just before their wedding to the States and then they did not hear from him at all. MJ found out she's pregnant after he'd left. MJ's mum was against MJ having the baby but in the end she must have relented. So nobody except CH knew that MJ's ex was gone. Also, MJ's dad did say that MJ's ex did not know of HN, but from the some flashback of previous episode, it seemed that he did know and he also made the crib for HN.

I am watching this ( Indomitable Daughters In Law) drama. Yes !! it is interesting, quite strong performances, Is he Chae Rim's brother? thus why he is so handsome & also good in  acting .Now i notice that his lip looks like Chae Rim's

My two favorite scenes:  Ep. 4, where they walloped the 'man-stealer' and ep. 15, where Honey Lee beat up the 'lying-no-good-cheating-boyfriend'  just before his wedding, when he was supposed to be engaged to her!  :P

But, I will never forget the crying scenes at the funeral.  Best and most realistic crying scenes by the wife, mother and grandmother.:)

@IBELIS:   Thanks so much for these 'nuggets' that explains a lot.  I think the ex must have viewed CH as his best friend, since CH was his guardian.  So, CH must have told the ex about the pregnancy and Hana.  But, we still don't know if the ex asked CH not to tell MJ about his death or to tell her.  :huh:

Guest mari

is no one watching this anymore? lol ... did JH & DH really get re-married? :ph34r: today's episode at kbsworld will continue where i last stopped. :sweatingbullets:

I don't think so. Just before the ceremony, they received news that JH's father was in critical condition and I think he died. So the ceremony didn't take place.

I don't think so. Just before the ceremony, they received news that JH's father was in critical condition and I think he died. So the ceremony didn't take place.

thanks so much for the spoiler mari. i'm relieved to hear that. i thought it was pathetic when JH begged DH to marry her just so her father can die in peace after knowing she'll be taken care of. and was disappointed DH didn't just stood his ground even if he thought MJ was going to go ahead and marry CH.

Guest shondrea2

is no one watching this anymore? lol ... did JH & DH really get re-married? :ph34r: today's episode at kbsworld will continue where i last stopped. :sweatingbullets:

I'm also watching this drama and hoping that someone can give most recent summeries.

Guest lynnie18

I am still watching it but the drama is at the point where I want to fast forward :P I hate it that DH agreed to his re-marriage with JH and I don't like the way CH keeps pushing MJ even though she had said no. He's fast becoming a possessive person.

It seemed from episode 49 that DH's mum is trying to meet with CH and looked like CH did not like that very much. It's kind of hard to know what's going on now because everyone talked a lot.

Archived