[Drama 2011] Sweet Palpitation / Pit-a-pat, My Love 두근두근 달콤

Guest fanda4000

Guest lynnie18

IBELIS, the one I watched has a little preview for tomorrow. I think DH was sort of shocked in connecting all the information about MJ together. He got drunk or something. There was also a scence where DH's sister-in-law called MJ in for a talk or something. Also there might be a little development in the way DH treated MJ's dad now that he knows.

Also MJ's uncle, DS, finally decided to confront his mother at the sauna.

EDIT: Just finished watching some part of episode 21 with subs. At the end of the preview DH stomped into the morning team room and dragged MJ out to say: "Let's get married."

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that they just added a new character..  Who's the new guy that seems to know DH's family?  Cute, wearing a vest.  He's getting a rather chilly reception from certain members of DH's family.  :huh:

BTW, I glad that freaky butler has finally tone himself down, as well as the frills at his neck.  I almost died laughing when he first appeared on the show.  He kind of reminds me of the wooden puppet, Howdy Doody.  :blink:

I'm curious about the conversation between DH and MJ's father, while they were drinking.  I know that MJ's father said something about America.  So, I guess they were talking about MJ's boyfriend who left at the beginning of ep. 1.:huh:

OK I watch with subs on Mvibo and they are pretty far behind, so today I watched from 18 to 26. They had thru 29 subbed back I think their went down. I'm going to point out some of the high points and they may not be in order.

DH went to see his doctor about all of the changes that he was going through, the DR. explained it as cellular memory, in other words memories from the heart donor.

After the kiss in the night club when DH and MJ are hiding he tells her about his feelings for her, I think she was drawn in. In the cab ride home he gave her the origami richard simmons hen The next day they got the news that JH father was in critical condition. That's when MJ walked in the office and saw him consoling her and took it the wrong way. All day he tried calling MJ to let her know what was going on but she would not answer his calls.He left with JH to go to L.A. all the while he keeps trying to reach MJ who refuse's to take his call. At the office during this time the gossip has changed to MJ making passes at DH but that JH was his ex wife and that they were getting back together. That's why they went to L.A. together because her father is sick. CH confirmed that DH and JH had been married the FIL was sick and that they might be getting back together.At DH house his father get's reports from someone about what's going on at the company, so he hears the gossip about MJ and DH. Of course he start's to rant and rave saying awful things about MJ. Because of course it's always the poor person's fault when the rich go astray. Anyway MJ father is hearing all of this only he doesn't know it's about MJ. He speak's up and defends the couple, which put the father in a rage.

DH and JH return, even at the airport he tries to call MJ and she still does not answer him. he tell's JH that he will drop her off at the house and go to work but she decides to go to. The mother comes to have lunch with the sons and the girls. At lunch JH is sucking up to the mom and acting like they are the perfect couple, when she excuses herself to go to the ladies the mom quickly tell's DH that his father had found out about him and the girl at work and was furious, she also told him to hurry and get married and not to let JH find out about the other woman. She turns to the son and SIL and tells them it goes for them too. After they leave they see MJ her co-workers and CH. The camera makes you think she is looking at MJ but she is looking at CH. In the car she keeps saying she know's that face from somewhere. The nite-club segment was a big success so CH offers to take the team out to celebrate but DH comes in and does the same thing. They go for karaoke, things don't go DH way. DH call's and makes MJ meet him in the park, he gives her the rooster and tell's her to put it with the other one and take a picture everyday and send it to him. He tell's her that he is sorry he did not tell her about JH being his ex wife, he explains about the trip and let's her know that he is sincere in his feelings for her. MJ goes home and is coming around.

DH get's home and the whole family is waiting, the father goes berserk tell's him he has to stop fooling around and that he will marry JH right away. He tell's the wife to arrange for the wedding hall. DH tell's him it's not going to happen, that he had one marriage where he had no say but from now on he would marry who he wanted and that his father could do nothing to stop him, the father tell's him to get out, he walks away. Next day at the office JH made some off remark about MJ and DH told her to stay out of his personal life and from now on at the office to address him properly, no more of that oppa, she is on fire. That's when she fakes the fall and pretends that she has a sprain. The father tells DH to take her back and forth to the office and the doctor. When she goes to the doctor he tells her there is nothing wrong, she insist on coming for treatment for a few days. When comes out she tells DH she needs to come for the next few days, back at the office DH tell's Mr.Kim to take her.

We know that MJ got mad again when she saw JH and DH come to work together and with her hanging all over him like she couldn't walk, after which she would not take DH call's. That's when he comes to her office drags her out takes her to the roof and ask her to marry him, She turn's him down and tell's him to only talk to him about work. Of course CH was there and heard everything , he tell's MJ she did good to turn him down. The mother remember's where she know's CH from. He was the guardian for MJ's baby father and he signed the papers giving permission for the heart transplant.

Earlier when CH brings the suitcase over for MJ and her and mom and daughter are all in the court yard. The three females had been discussing why the little girl would not let them get rid of the crib, stroller and tricycle. Her reason was they were her things and uncle CH had brought them for her. When he walks in and they tell him about the discussion he does a flashback and you see the girls father making the crib. So all of the gift's could have been from him. When we see CH go to the Columbarium he ask the girls father to help him get MJ and promises to be good to her. On the bus ride back he remember's how he met her.

Someone wanted to know what DH and the father were talking about on the steps. I have to say this first, the first time DH drove the father home he mentioned about the girl he likes as the get closer to the father's house he also mentioned that she lives in this neighborhood.He has given the father a ride home a couple of time's and he always talks about MJ and DH always talks about the girl he likes and how the two are similar This time the father tell's MJ's story.

I get the feeling that the baby daddy went to America for medical treatment of some kind but is was no use, and he followed MJ thru CH.But neither MJ or her family know that he came back or that he is dead.

Guest lynnie18

The mother remember's where she know's CH from. He was the guardian for MJ's baby father and he signed the papers giving permission for the heart transplant.

Interesting tibits.

An interesting point from episode 28, When DH is taking the father and daughter home, as usually the father talks about his daughter and DH talks about the girl he likes. Just before MJ call's DH tell's the father that he had asked the girl he likes to marry him.

Another tidbit: DH went to see the the doctor again and was hypnotize, while under he clearly saw MJ and Gihun. After waking and telling the Dr. his memory the Dr wanted to know if he knew the people, he told him that he had recently met the woman but did not know the man but he had a feeling that he knew who the man was. On the way home he is trying to figure out if he knew MJ before the accident, and if he did why did she not recognize him.

@IBELIS: Thanks for filling in all the pot-holes.  Now, more things are starting to connect.  Actually, I feel bad for everyone in the triangle and the spare tangent.  It wasn't anyone's fault that things are in the current situation.

I wonder if MJ is holding back because she's still hoping that her daughter's father will eventually show up.  And, I wonder why CH never told MJ that the guy had died.  I can't figure out for what purpose CH and the dead guy would want to hide the truth from MJ.

And, iif the guy knew he was dying from an illness, it would be odd for him not to have left a letter for MJ and his daughter.    But, if the guy was dying from an illness, it's not likely that he would have been accepted as an organ donor.

So, now, the question is whether or not CH has keep everything secret, in the hopes that, over time, MJ would come to love him, if he stayed by her side and  was her support for all these years.         ?????

Guest lynnie18

So far, is it only DH who makes the connection that the family driver is MJ's dad? I wonder what will happen when everyone eventually find out. How MJ's dad will react when he knows about the relationship between DH and MJ. I guess he will hurt quite badly since he's already witnessed how DH's dad reacted to the fact that DH likes an short-term employee from his company. And then there's MJ's brother. Why didn't GS and MM acknowledge MJ at the company? For fear that they got hired through connections??

Anyway, episode 34 is mostly about MJ's uncle and his mom. There was a part during a meeting or something and DH was saying something to MJ. Mr. Oh, the leader of morning team seems very happy while MJ and JH are not so much, but probably for different reason. Also I like in this episode how DH seemed more subtle about MJ - he saw her at the rooftop contemplating but he decided not to approach her. He's obviously still very much attracted to her but he did not seem to constantly pester her like before. I think he is becoming more considerate of her and her feelings. Well that's how I feel from watching without subs. Maybe when I know what they are talking about, I will not feel the same.

I guess the premise here is that DH is being drawn to MJ by his heart, which belongs to Gihun. I think once MJ learns the truth it will destroy the trust she has in CH. Especally when she learns that he had returned to Korea and how much time he had before he died and that CH was seeing him but never let on that he was back. When DH heart catch him up that the kid is his (so to speak) he will stop being stunned. 

Just finished watching 34 and all I can say is the uncle's mom is a slutty piece of work for an old dame. 

Watched 35 more outrageous from uncle's mom. MJ and DH still not talking but both seem to be reflecting.

Guest lynnie18

Just finished watching 34 and all I can say is the uncle's mom is a slutty piece of work for an old dame. 

Watched 35 more outrageous from uncle's mom. MJ and DH still not talking but both seem to be reflecting.

Have to agree with you there. I don't know what the deal with the uncle's mom. Is she coming on to DH's dad now? It's so wrong and so weird!!

Guest lynnie18

Episode 36: Lots of talking I don't really know what's going on. Nearly all the first half of the episode is about the uncle and his mom. Then we have the talk between JH and that guy that appeared at the party before - I still don't understand where he comes from but it seems he knows DH, JH and DH's brother and sister-in-law too. And it would seem that JH did not want DH to know that she went to meet that guy.

CH took MJ to a hair salon for a make-over, while DH talked with MJ's dad and then came with him to pick up Hana. It seems Hana is quite glad to see DH. And then I think there is a boy from the same class ask Hana if DH is her dad and the boy's mom might have said something about Hana not having a dad - I just guess here - because it upsets MJ's dad and daughter and DH is quite upset with that too and he sort of confront the boy's mom about it.

Preview episode 37: something is going on with the union. MJ and DH finally have some screen time together.

I was surprised that Hana did not have on the necklace, I was sure that was going to be a connection between them. I also think DH is really confused at this point and it not about Hana but I think MJ thinks it is. I think he is meet with MJ dad to try to get more information about the guy. Maybe today he will get palpitation's while holding Hana since her real dad never got that chance.

Guest lynnie18

Episode 37 has the cutest conversation between DH and HN. They are so adorable together. I think the little girl is half-smitten with DH already. She would definitely prefer DH to be her daddy than CH. And DH did get the palpation when thinking about his meeting with HN. I think it's sweet the the little paper chicken family now has a little chickie. The necklace will sure appear again later on but the now the symbolism of these paper chicken family is connection enough for me.

There was a union protest and then DH talked with the representatives of the union and it seemed everything worked out. Then DH gave an interview or something and JH was there too. Then there's this news on the internet, probably about the interview, which might concern MJ because she's at the rooftop thinking again. This is where DH found her and I think they finally had a confrontation. DH probably said what he thought about HN and it seemed to move her.

Preview of episode 38 showed some big development with the more people connecting the dots together.

Episode 37 has the cutest conversation between DH and HN. They are so adorable together. I think the little girl is half-smitten with DH already. She would definitely prefer DH to be her daddy than CH. And DH did get the palpation when thinking about his meeting with HN. I think it's sweet the the little paper chicken family now has a little chickie. The necklace will sure appear again later on but the now the symbolism of these paper chicken family is connection enough for me.

There was a union protest and then DH talked with the representatives of the union and it seemed everything worked out. Then DH gave an interview or something and JH was there too. Then there's this news on the internet, probably about the interview, which might concern MJ because she's at the rooftop thinking again. This is where DH found her and I think they finally had a confrontation. DH probably said what he thought about HN and it seemed to move her.

Preview of episode 38 showed some big development with the more people connecting the dots together.

I agree, when DH came to HN defense she had a look on her face that said my hero. While the grandfather just stood there watching his grand daughter be insulted about her parentage. They looked so cute holding hands. CH has known HN all her life and she will still prefer DH as her papa. I find it strange that MJ did not question HN more about who the ajussi  was. After that last dream that DH had with MJ and Gihun, I would have had a sketch made to try and find out who he was.

I think during the interview JH implied that they were in a relationship and when he tried to correct her the report act as if that was not an issue, but when she wrote the article she wrote it like they were this great power couple. Again misleading people to think that they are involved.

It looks like the father will find out next episode. Do you have any idea why CH gave MJ the beauty treatment? 

Thanks for the tidbits again.  Does anyone know who is that young guy that seems to know JH very well.  Her reaction to him makes it seem like she doesn't want to make their relationship known to other people.

It is interesting how HN has a natural affinity towards DH, over CH, who has been with her all her life.  I still feel sorry for CH if he is truly as good a person as he appears.

For once, I'm hoping that secrets will be revealed to make him a bad person.  Just so that I don't feel so sorry for him.  Gads, I think I'm going as wacky as some of these dramas!  :lol:

For once, I'm hoping that secrets will be revealed to make him a bad person.  Just so that I don't feel so sorry for him.  Gads, I think I'm going as wacky as some of these dramas!  :lol:

haha ... i know what you mean. i actually kind of feel sorry for CH too.

i happen to watch episode 36/37 (things that i picked out from the episode with my minimal understanding)

- the family finds out about DS's mom situation ... how she's thrown out of the house by her stepkids after her husband died and has been living in the jimjibang place. MJ's dad straightaway say she should have told them and okay her moving in with them. DS basically say he'll do whatever his sister say whether to allow his mom to live with them or not and told the mom not to inconvenience her in anyway. i can't believe DS's mom was trying to wrangle for a room ... at first mentioning MJ's room and then trying to kick out MM. hahaha

- the guy JH meet ... not sure who he is yet since i just jump to this episode but i heard him tell JH that he doesn't want to see her hurt and to come to him instead. so i'm thinking he likes her? JH told him she can't give up on DH and started talking about her childhood and how she & DH met. i think while DH married her because of family insistence, she actually loved him. she told the guy to never contact her again because she will always love DH.

- CH told DJ that the reason why he joined the company was because of Kim MJ PD.

- the boy's mother told his son that DH can't be Hana's dad because her mother is a single mother. she say she was only stating facts when DH berate her for what she just said in front of a child. he told her she shouldn't be saying things like that in front of children and that other people's children are just as precious as her own. something about not hurting a child's heart/feelings. and she say then they shouldn't live that way if they don't like hearing stuffs like that. anyway, the kid then told the mom that he doesn't like to see Hana hurt/sad over what the mom said and to stop doing that. awwwwww

- Hana asked DH if single mom is a bad word because DH got mad when her friend's mom say that about her mom. then she told DH about how that lady called her mom that before and her mom told Hana that mi (means pretty lady), hun (means single/alone) and bu (something about a capable mother who lived earnestly?). she told DH that her mom is the person she liked the most in the world and from now on she added DH to the list of people she like and that she thinks he's so cool/handsome? DH was so happy at what HN said and noted that both of them liked prawn/seafood more than meat. (the pizza have half meat/seafood) HN told DH her mom & grandma nag at her to eat meat or something. DH then say he wants to give Hana a gift but Hana say he doesn't need to because she has mama/papa hen(?) and that she had them married? but that there's no baby so DH rushes off to make one. haha  he told Hana she has to feed the baby everyday and to report to him. HN say she don't have a phone and DH sneakily ask for her house number. when HN turned to look at the grandpa, he asked her if it's because she don't know the house number. she say she knows.

- i think DH told the brother that he has no interest whatsoever in taking over the company. i think he solved the strike because of his brother's suggestion/ideas.

- DH wanted to end the interview after the reporter kept going on the personal life angle with regards to his relationship with JH. i think the internet rumour is done by DH's dad to quell the earlier rumour of him & MJ and to sort of push DH into marrying JH sooner.

- DH asked MJ if she's angry over the news. MJ pretended not to know at first then say ah ... the news about him & JH getting back together. DH say that's not true and he never say anything like that. MJ say it doesn't matter to her but DH told her it matters to him. that he was angry initially when he found out about Hana but ... blah blah blah. and that he won't give up on MJ and to listen well to him that he will try harder for both MJ & Hana's sake.

It's official CH has gone nuts, we know that MJ gave him the ring back and said sorry. But before I get to that I need to understand something so if their are any Korean's on this thread I need some clarification.

Take MJ's family everyone in the house has a job with the exception of the mother and they clearly do not live in an upscale neighborhood.I mention this because I figure that the rent is not to high and everyone chips in for the household expenses. So why does MJ and her mother dress so shabby. Just from watching drama's I know that there is every fast food and coffee shop that is in america, that being the case they should also have stores like T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, NY company. These are store's that women can shop in and look pretty well dressed without spending a lot of money. So is this something they do for drama's to make in clear to anyone watching that these are poor people, but wouldn't this family be middle class. I mention this because it bother's me a lot. Usually anything that rings of class-ism disturbs me. OK back to the drama.

Every time DH convince's MJ of his sincerity something goes wrong, in this case his father who attended to award ceremony. On the way over he was bad mouthing MJ and plans on announcing the engagement of DH and JH, DH is completely unaware of this but JH is not. When he tell's MJ father where to take them he want's to know why and the wife explain's that he is the chairman of the TV company, this of course put 's the idea in his head that it is his MJ that they have been talking about. At first he does not want to believe it. After dropping off the father and the mother he parks the car and goes in to look for MJ. When he spots her before he can say anything DH walks up to her saying that he needs to talk, the father ducks in the stairwell but they head his way so he goes up a flight. He listen to them talks and now knows that it is his MJ that has been the point of discussion. MJ is headed back to the office but the team leader stops her and tell's her she has to attend the ceremony. After she receives it she sit's at a table with the team leader.JH is at the table with the family and is looking like the cat the ate the canary SIL is not liking it at all, she looks at DH but can tell he know's nothing, The father get's up say a few encouraging words the announce that DH and JH are to be married. MJ look's stunned DH jumps up but the mother pulls him down and beg's him not to say anything, but his reaction took the smirk off of JH faced and passed it to the SIL. Next scene is at the house and DH has let it be known that it is not going to happen. The father raises his cane to hit him but the mother stops him SIL is almost giddy she so happy. Later the brother comes to his room and try to talk to him to no avail. the father keeps waiting around to talk to him but never get's the chance, he leaves and call his cell and ask for a meet. DH comes and meets her father and they talk.

I never said why CH has lost his mind. 

CH  parks his car in front of the office building where DH mother sees him and watches him enter. CH is there to pick up MJ, she ask where they are going and I think he said either surprise or secret. He takes her to a high rise apartment and he is showing her the view, then name off the various rooms. I'm guessing that this where he will live with her and her family after they get married. She tries to stop his maddness but he cuts her off hugs her as he say's something. MJ of course has a disturbed look on her face.

Guest shondrea2

haha ... i know what you mean. i actually kind of feel sorry for CH too.

i happen to watch episode 36/37 (things that i picked out from the episode with my minimal understanding)

- the family finds out about DS's mom situation ... how she's thrown out of the house by her stepkids after her husband died and has been living in the jimjibang place. MJ's dad straightaway say she should have told them and okay her moving in with them. DS basically say he'll do whatever his sister say whether to allow his mom to live with them or not and told the mom not to inconvenience her in anyway. i can't believe DS's mom was trying to wrangle for a room ... at first mentioning MJ's room and then trying to kick out MM. hahaha

- the guy JH meet ... not sure who he is yet since i just jump to this episode but i heard him tell JH that he doesn't want to see her hurt and to come to him instead. so i'm thinking he likes her? JH told him she can't give up on DH and started talking about her childhood and how she & DH met. i think while DH married her because of family insistence, she actually loved him. she told the guy to never contact her again because she will always love DH.

- CH told DJ that the reason why he joined the company was because of Kim MJ PD.

- the boy's mother told his son that DH can't be Hana's dad because her mother is a single mother. she say she was only stating facts when DH berate her for what she just said in front of a child. he told her she shouldn't be saying things like that in front of children and that other people's children are just as precious as her own. something about not hurting a child's heart/feelings. and she say then they shouldn't live that way if they don't like hearing stuffs like that. anyway, the kid then told the mom that he doesn't like to see Hana hurt/sad over what the mom said and to stop doing that. awwwwww

- Hana asked DH if single mom is a bad word because DH got mad when her friend's mom say that about her mom. then she told DH about how that lady called her mom that before and her mom told Hana that mi (means pretty lady), hun (means single/alone) and bu (something about a capable mother who lived earnestly?). she told DH that her mom is the person she liked the most in the world and from now on she added DH to the list of people she like and that she thinks he's so cool/handsome? DH was so happy at what HN said and noted that both of them liked prawn/seafood more than meat. (the pizza have half meat/seafood) HN told DH her mom & grandma nag at her to eat meat or something. DH then say he wants to give Hana a gift but Hana say he doesn't need to because she has mama/papa hen(?) and that she had them married? but that there's no baby so DH rushes off to make one. haha  he told Hana she has to feed the baby everyday and to report to him. HN say she don't have a phone and DH sneakily ask for her house number. when HN turned to look at the grandpa, he asked her if it's because she don't know the house number. she say she knows.

- i think DH told the brother that he has no interest whatsoever in taking over the company. i think he solved the strike because of his brother's suggestion/ideas.

- DH wanted to end the interview after the reporter kept going on the personal life angle with regards to his relationship with JH. i think the internet rumour is done by DH's dad to quell the earlier rumour of him & MJ and to sort of push DH into marrying JH sooner.

- DH asked MJ if she's angry over the news. MJ pretended not to know at first then say ah ... the news about him & JH getting back together. DH say that's not true and he never say anything like that. MJ say it doesn't matter to her but DH told her it matters to him. that he was angry initially when he found out about Hana but ... blah blah blah. and that he won't give up on MJ and to listen well to him that he will try harder for both MJ & Hana's sake.

Thanks so very much for the translation, from the preview it looks like DH has agreed to marry JH if that's the case I hope he faint or something so the wedding wont take place. I also hope MJ finds out about her ex boyfriend being dead ,and she wont marry CH because she is hurt .in to many dramas you see the person marry when they don't love the other person.

Archived