[Drama 2011] Sweet Palpitation / Pit-a-pat, My Love 두근두근 달콤

Guest fanda4000

@exupery:  THANK YOU FOR the clarifications.  Yep, so far there isn't any stupidity yet.  (I still say that the best daily drama was "You Don't Know Women".  Normal, sane and reasonable.)

Yeah, I think DH received a heart transplant from the father of MJ's daughter.  I don't think they were married, just boy and girlfriend.  But, for some reason, he broke it off with her.  And, that's the opening scene of the first episode, with MJ chasing him down at the airport and begging him not to leave.

Afterwards, she found out that she was pregnant.  CH knows that she's a single mother.  But, I wonder if anyone, at the company, knows that she's a single mother.  It's going to surprise DH when he finds out.

Wasn't that a marriage proposal from CH to MJ?  What answer did she give him?  She still acts like nothing has happened.  Perhaps, she' so afraid of being hurt again that she's just ignoring the whole issue.  ???

Since it's a daily drama, I wonder what else they're going to throw into the plot/pot.  hee, hee. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@exupery:  THANK YOU FOR the clarifications.  Yep, so far there isn't any stupidity yet.  (I still say that the best daily drama was "You Don't Know Women".  Normal, sane and reasonable.)

you're welcome. i'm just glad i get to watch it with english subs on kbsworld at all so if you need any other clarifications feel free to ask. they are going to show 'you don't know women' on my cable tv soon. will watch out for that.

wasn't that a marriage proposal from CH to MJ?  What answer did she give him?  She still acts like nothing has happened.  Perhaps, she' so afraid of being hurt again that she's just ignoring the whole issue.  ???

yes it a proposal of a sort from CH but the guy was so cowardly even up to then ... before MJ can say yes or no ... he told her she don't have to give him an answer there and then (probably sensing she's going to reject? -_-)  and to accept the ring and to think it through. he also overheard MJ's conversation with the mom at the hospital before that she does not want to get married and she's happy and contented with things as it is.

seems like DH's ex is determined to get him back and sense rivalry in MJ. she cancelled MJ's program which means that MJ will probably get laid off from the company. MJ thought DH was behind it out of petty spite after she rejected his proposal for them to date. it was funny how he couldn't get over why MJ turn down the chance to date someone like him who's not lacking in anyway. hahaha. MJ's team leader is confused over who to support because he has agreed to support CH in his quest to get MJ to marry him and now to find their company President is also interested in MJ as well and he's such a bootlicker means he should be on DH's side right?:D

DH's parents seems like nice people despite being rich ... so I do wonder if they will go to the extreme and object DH & MJ later on. hopefully it's nothing that's overboard. i wonder when MJ will find out about her ex's death.

Guest lynnie18

It's been a while since I watched any daily drama. I just happened to catch this on KBSWorld on my TV and somehow it hooked me in. But they show it during lunch time here so sometimes it's hard for me to watch the whole thing. I am glad that there are other people following the drama so I can catch up with what I missed.

Anyway I watched the end of episode 17 today and DH is driving MJ's home without knowing it's MJ's dad. It's kind of hilarious when they were talking about the same person without knowing that!

Guest lynnie18

I missed episode 18 on KBSworld today. And so many MJ and DH's today too. Can anyone tell me what happened at the sauna and the restaurant scene afterwards? I watched the raw video and could only guess at what they were talking about. It seems MJ found more and more similarities between her ex and DH now.

In episode 28 it's clear that CH knows that MJ ex boyfriend is dead but she does not. I Wonder why he never told her? In episode 29 in an effort to make it seem like he has MJ sewn up CH keeps mentioning that he proposed as if that gives him the inside track. At the end of the episode MJ turns him down and gives back the ring. MJ and DH spent a lot of time talking after he practically kidnapped her. Prior to this when DH was giving MJ's father and daughter a ride to the bus stop the little girl was wearing MJ's heart necklace. I think it dropped off in the car, but this is just a guess because in the preview for 30 the driver takes the car to a car wash where MJ brother is washing cars, I think he is going to find it and leave it where DH will see it.

I like this show but I'm not sure where it's headed. Some of MJ family need's to change their jobs, everyone in the family that work's except for the uncle works for DH family. If they get pissed off the whole family could be out in the street.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the uncles mother, what was her leaving the house and moving to a sauna about. Is she rich or just faking it. She also better keep and eye on the sauna ajumma because she always trying to peak and see what she has in her lockers.

Why are there never any graceful losers in these drama, why does the person having a one-sided love affair always think if they get rid of the person their love really likes then he/she will be with me. I can just see CH and JH plotting together to get the person they really like. For him MJ and for her DH  

@IBELIS:  Thanks for the tidbits.  :)

"Why are there never any graceful losers in these drama, why does the person having a one-sided love affair always think if they get rid of the person their love really likes then he/she will be with me. I can just see CH and JH plotting together to get the person they really like. For him MJ and for her DH"

I so agree with your statement!  I've always wondered what part of 'Thanks, but I'm not into you.' these one-siders don't understand.  It has nothing to do with whether there is a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. party involved.  Also, from a different perspective, even if they get rid of all their competitors, are they really okay knowing that they were not the first choice, to start with?   -_-

As for all of them working for the same company, I guess that's what is called, 'Fate' in K-dramaland.  LOL  :lol:

Guest lynnie18

Thanks IBELIS for the recap of epsode 29. I was so happy at the end of episode 29 when MJ finally gave an answer to CH. I think they avoided that confrontation quite long enough.

It's quite clear that MJ is getting more attracted to DH. I had no idea what they were talking at the beginning of episode 29 but really she must have felt something for him to be able to talk with him for such a long time. And the glee on DH's face when he received the pic from MJ is so adorable.

Totally agree with Auntie Mame about 'Fate' in K-drama Land :D It's kind of funny how they always manage to tangle everybody into a same place.

Guest veronica376

Oh, goody! Thank you all for the summaries and explanations about the drama.  I was pretty lost as to what was going on due to the lack of subs. This is the only daily I'm watching only because of Min Suk and the fact that the drama started off really cute and funny. After watching IBIM and it's previous daily drama SL, I have given up watching any MBC dailies. They can't even make it to 70 episodes before getting hacked. That's how bad they are.

Anyway, I really like MJ and DH. MJ's team leader cracks me up, too. I can't wait for my local KBS station to start airing this drama with subs, but I'm afraid it will be a long wait. Still, this show is fun to watch even raw.:)

I missed episode 18 on KBSworld today. And so many MJ and DH's today too. Can anyone tell me what happened at the sauna and the restaurant scene afterwards? I watched the raw video and could only guess at what they were talking about. It seems MJ found more and more similarities between her ex and DH now.

what a pity i only see your request after i watched & deleted episode 18 so have to rely on my not too good memory otherwise i could have just typed out the subs for you. hehe

anyway, from what i remember, MJ & her colleagues was talking when DH walked into the sauna. they were wondering why DH was  there and his matchmaker assistant was kind enough to volunteer that DH was in the neighborhood to attend some seminar and he suggested for the president to drop by and say hi to the morning program team. DH tried to get them to check into a hotel instead of staying in the jimjibbang but MJ refused to the disappointment of her colleagues. then later on when DH wanted to buy them a nice meal ... MJ again refused and chose to eat at some shabby place which served soondae guk bap (intestine rice soup) and teased DH about his picky eating habit. DH then explained that he doesn't like eating meat after his accident and MJ then told him to eat the green pepper because it's good. he said something about her personality in relation to eating green pepper which reminds MJ of what her ex say before too and also the not liking meat much. after lunch MJ explained to DH why she chose to eat at that place. so DH can see and experience for himself what his reporters/producers have to go through day after day during work chasing after stories  ... working overtime, staying at places like sauna because it's cheaper than hotel/motel, eating at places like that rice soup place which don't accept card or gives receipts so that is why his demand for people to produce receipts to claim expenditure is unreasonable.

MM's side story is actually kind of funny too. haha ... how she end up in emergency room she wake up to say am i in emergency room like in kdrama? and when they were talking about DeokSu and why he's so angry with his mother ... she wondered if he's so angry because there was some birth secret like they always have in kdramas. :lol: ... and how when Kangsan told her what Isadora means ... that the PD is crazy and suffer from mood changes 24x7. and when she repeated that to the PD ... the PD was shocked and went after his pupil who is MJ's program scriptwriter because she told him they nickname him Isadora because he's always full of ideas 24x7.

episode 20:

not sure if anyone is interested in this titbit but the reason why Kangsan is angry with the dad is because the dad loaned his college tuition fee to a friend in need. i think because of that he didn't finish with his studies and left for the army so now he's determined to work and earn his own tuition eventhough MJ offered to help him out. that's why when he found out the shoes was bought by his dad, he decided not to wear it although he liked it a lot.

------------------------

labor union representative meet up with DJ to complain about DH's new policy changes (ie. the requirement for receipt with claims and list of ppl to be fired that was drawn up) etc... and also how DH won't do a good job seeing how he's a philanderer because news of him dating Kim Minju has spread around etc. but DJ defend DH saying that he was appointed for a good reason and for what he's capable of and that he'll convince DH of the labor union request.

------------------------------

JH saw the labor union ppl outside DJ's office & went to tattle to DH.

JH: Do you know what's going on around here?

DH: What are you talking about?

JH: I think your brother is plotting with the labor union.

DH: What?

JH: DJ is in contact with the labor union. For various reasons, the labor union seems to be friendly with him. You may have to give up your post to your brother.

DH: Jang Jin Hui teamleader. You didn't have to report that.  My brother and I may have different styles, but his management philosophy and skills are exceptional. He thinks about the company more than himself. I'm sure he has his reasons for meeting people from the union.

JH: Oppa ...

DH: My brother isn't one to plot against me. And I don't plan to fight with him over this position. A report like this will not be tolerated. And in the company, please address me formally, Jang JH teamleader.

(DH is so :wub:)

-------------------------------------------

DH's assistant: Your official schedule is done for the day.

Would you like to go home? The morning team is having their last shoot. Would you like to go there? *saw DH looking at him in silence* Oh, don't misunderstand. I was just telling you what I was thinking.

DH: Mr Kim

DH's assistant: Yes?

DH: Why do you care about the morning team members so much?

DH's assistant: Is that what you think? ( I think he means is that how it seems?)

DH's assistant: I like the morning team. Especially, Kim Minju.

DH: You like her? What do you mean?

DH's assistant: Ah. Not like that. Since I had a tough childhood, I can relate to her. She's always working hard, doing the best she can. But she's still very bright and positive. Actually, I'm a fan of her show. Her program is quite addictive.

DH: Really?

DH's assistant: Yes. I feel bad that it'll be cancelled. Do you know that her eyes sparkle when she's with you?

DH: No way. ... Really?

DH's assistant: Yes, and so do yours. That's why the two of you look good together.

DH: I'll just go home today.

DH's assistant: Okay.

DH: Where are they now? ( :lol: )

-------------------------------

DJ told the family he & his wife are visiting his inlaws. the parents asked about his wife's family company which seems to be having some difficulties. DJ's wife told them it's nothing to worry about.

--------------------------

DH's dad told JH to hurry up  & get DH to marry her and JH agrees with him.

--------------------------------------------

Deoksu finally agree to meet with his mom because of MM who told him to forgive and cherish his mother because he'll regret it later on when it's too late just like how she regretted not being a good daughter to her parents when they were still alive.

----------------------------------

MH: Mr Oh ... We don't have time. Show us the mystery man. If the party ends, we'll have no footage.

Mr Oh: Okay. *tries calling CH again* ... President?

JS: President?

DH: How is your last shoot going?

JS: Mr Oh. Is he the secret weapon you were talking about?

Mr Oh: Well, about that ...

MH: President?

*all the guys was awe-stricken when MJ stepped out of van in her party dress* :lol:

Mr Oh: Kim PD...

JS: Oh my god ...

in the van ...

MH: President ...  *DH in daze staring at MJ*     ... President!!!

DH: Yes?

MH: We have an emergency.

---------------------

Guard: Are you a member? Your ID?

DH: Casanova

Guard: I see. Please go in.

MJ: Casanova? Are you a member here?

DH: Wouldn't it be a common ID at a place like this?

MJ: Ahh..

MJ : Are you hot?

DH: What? What's hot? What? Stop staring at me. Just work the camera properly.

MJ: Gosh.

---------------

DH saw guard staring at them

DH: i think we should dance.

MJ: Then. Let's cut through the middle. And dance our way to the left. I think it'll film better over there.

DH: Left ...Got it.

OMG ... the way DH was dancing ... :lol:

-------------------------------

outside the club ... the real Casanova turned up.

---------------

MJ: what are you doing? (after DH pushes her to the side)

DH: Just stay still. Let's not get caught.

MJ: Not so close. I can't breathe.

DH: If we get caught here, we won't have a show. What? Do you feel nervous about being in my arms?

MJ: No *yells loudly*

DH then zooms in for kiss

MJ: Are you crazy?

*DH grabs MJ's hand & run out. chased by guards*

-------------------------

Wow!  Thank you,  IBELIS and Expuery, for the tidbits. 

I hope the CH doesn't turn out to be a bad guy.  Although, I do feel really sorry for all his years of one-sided love.  Time and again, in k-dramas, we've seen that timing is everything when it comes to love.  :huh:

Happy weekend to everyone!

Guest lynnie18

Thank you exupery for your recap on episode 18 and 20. I love how MM is so obessed with k-drama and living her live thinking in k-drama terms. She is hilarious character. I also like how DH's assitant is so eager in his matchmaking attempt too. It's quite adorable. And DH always tries to be cool and not care about a certain person on the morning team but he can't help perking up at the mention of her name. So sweet.

Can't wait for next week episodes!

Did anyone notice the jacket that MJ is wearing?  That's the jacket that Jang Nara designed in "Beautiful-faced Baby"!  hahaha, The broadcasting company must be cost conscious about the wardrobe budget. :P

And, with ep. 31, the roller coaster ride, into the land of evil and angst,  will start... 

Guest lynnie18

Did anyone notice the jacket that MJ is wearing?  That's the jacket that Jang Nara designed in "Beautiful-faced Baby"!  hahaha, The broadcasting company must be cost conscious about the wardrobe budget. :P

And, with ep. 31, the roller coaster ride, into the land of evil and angst,  will start... 

That's why I thought the jacket looks familiar! That's a cool jacket. I'd like that for myself :)

As for today episode on KBS, episode 21, we got the conclusion of the club scene. The night club security gave chase to DH and MJ but they managed to escape after some hand holding and squeeze into tight space. CH and the morning team tried hard to find where DH and MJ run off to. CH witnessed DH and MJ got into a same taxi and got all jealous and anxious by himself. He's so jealous that the next day CH picked up MJ at the bus stop and warned her not to trust in the sincerity of DH's feelings for her.

At the company, DH hugged a crying JH because her father's sick. MJ walked in to witness this hug and felt doubt about DH's feelings. She ignored DH's phone call and text so she didn't know that DH and JH were leaving for LA to visit JH's father. She got this news from CH later. CH also told her that JH was DH's ex-wife and the possibility of them getting back together. I think that CH is starting to let his jealousy get the better of himself. He's tried to make DH look bad in MJ's eyes but really that's no way to get to her heart!

Other tibits of this episode:

- The lady in the morning team gave birth due to after the night club incident

- MJ's mom was mad at MJ's uncle because he lied about meeting up with his mother. They had a yelling thing going on and then GS yelled at his uncle for yelling at his mom. Apparently, GS was resentful because his parents used his tuition money to settle fights for his uncle and he implied that DS should be grateful and know his place.

- DH's brother knows about his wife's connections with the meeting of the Unions and warned her not to try a cause a fight between 2 brothers and focus on the company.

From the preview for tomorrow episode it seems that DH's parents are going to find out about his feelings for MJ. I think DH's dad is not going to be happy about this.

At the end of 30 MJ gives the ring back to CH and turns down the proposal.  DH manages to get MJ into his car, he talks and talks by the time he takes her home she is more responsive to him , I don't know what he said but think he is explaining everything about him and JH as well as his feelings. When he get's home he text's her a couple of messages and she was responds he really happy.  

DH and MJ went to the festival (not together she took the bus he follows) he is following everywhere she goes she keeps walking off not wanting to appear that they are together but eventually gives up. So the three of them just start enjoying do the different thing together (his secretary is with them). They stop to make candy and he is taking to long with the shape so MJ and the secretary walk off, he comes running up all excited like a kid calling her name, MJ and the secretary stop wallking DH has his arm outstretched so that she can see what he has, as he gets closer you can see his candy is shaped like a heart. MJ and the secretary both snicker at how giddy he is, then he trips and fall's on MJ but the secretary is able to stop them from falling into the pond. When he straighten's up he so proud that he did not drop the heart and tries to get MJ to eat it but she refuses.

CH and JH are in the car together headed to the festival she is doing all of the talking but he is responding then she mentions MJ and what ever she is saying he don't like it but he keeps quiet and let her talk.Next we see them walking a JH call's the secretary to ask where they are the secretary is stalling then he looks back and MJ and DH are kissing just as he turns back around CH and JH are standing there watching with there mouths wide open. MJ pulls away from DH stands up and says something then realize other the others are there. JH walks up to MJ and slaps her and starts yelling at her, Ch pulls her away and ask her what she thinks she is doing. DH stands up and yells also, CH brings up the things she was saying in the car about MJ and walks MJ away and takes her home.

At MJ home the family is sitting around talking about her and I think CH getting married, the brother stays quiet but MM looks like she want's to tell about the rumors at work, the uncle says something and MM starts to say something but the brother cuts her off. When MJ gets home the mother tries to talk but she tells her she is tired and takes the sleeping daughter and goes to her room. DH keeps calling but she won't answer he goes to  her house but sits in the car. Next scene it is morning.

MJ comes out of the house she sees DH but before she can decide what to do CH pulls up in his car, MJ brother comes out see's them and ask for a lift. I think DH knows who the brother is but did not know that he was related to MJ. At the office DH brother and his wife are talking she is saying something about MJ but the brother does not like it. DH is trying to MJ alone so he can talk but she keeps avoiding him he finally corners her in the editing room. Goes MM with the writer when MJ's brother and the guy he works with comes in he starts to talk about MJ and DH kissing at the festival the writer tries to change the subject but the guy brings it up again, so now MJ's brother  and MM know about the kiss. I got the feeling that the writer now knows that MJ and the brother are related.

That's pretty much the high points, there was a lot of talking and not much action so we will have to wait on exupery to give us the details.

In the preview MJ uncle see his mother throwing out the garbage at the sauna, he follows her inside and see's her sweeping.

Guest lynnie18

I love how DH is so happy to be on a sort of date of MJ. He's just like a little boy. And all through the date, DH's secretary is with them too, kind of make it even more hillarious.

Also at the end of the preview for episode 32 it seems that DH is going to find out that MJ has a daughter.

The rumor has spread all through the company about the kiss and the brother is upset. I think MJ mother know's that CH gave her a ring because the brother saw it  but they don't know that she gave it back. So to help push things along the mother invited CH to dinner. The last couple of days the family has been talking about MJ and CH getting together, I think the mother ask the little would she like to have a father and girl as who ajussi and when the mother said yes the girl didn't seem that interested. When DH gave her and the father a ride the little girl kept watching DH I think she has him in mind.

DH finally found out that MJ has a daughter, he also realized who her father was. The night before this DH was hanging around out side of MJ house and ran into the father. Him and the father started to talk when the grand daughter called I think the father told him about the guy and how he left and his daughter later found out she was pregnant. So I think that when DH meets MJ daughter he put's all this together, the meeting is at the end of the episode and there where no previews.

One thing I don't understand is why the brother didn't tell MJ about the family because he knows the father drives for them.

Archived