[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

I don't know if anyone has pose this possibility yet.  But, even in the scene where YS was born, the thought came to me that YS was really JP's son.  I think the mother and JP were in love, even at that time. 

And, that's one of the reasons JP took the baby away from the mother.  He wanted to be responsible for his own son.  But, since he was supposed to be a 'dead' man, he had to disappear, taking along YS with him.  And, in his warped thinking to allow YS' mother not to feel guilty toward her husband, son and him.  :huh:

Auntie Mame, the thought occurred to me too then the next thought was, "This isn't Days Of Our Lives." That he was in love with YS's mom is a thought I've always had but I would like to think that nothing nasty was going on between those three back in the days.

EDIT:

lol... I see dramaok has the sniff kiss in her profile. I guess we can change avatars now (it's not been working for a while)?

Guest dramaok

Damn there is no preview for tomorrow. Is there a written preview for episode 8?

no there's no written preview or video preview.

such a cruel SBS

also, the spoiler picture thats floating around (see my profile image).

that's from ep. 9 i think so it's not even tomorrow either.

the waiting is hard.

from ep. 7:

e07110615hdtvxvidbarosa.jpge07110615hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

YS: Hey, I told you to go.

NN: I guess a player misses his mom too sometimes.

YS: Go away. Now.

NN: That's amazing. I think of my mom too when I see that lady. That's why every now and then, when I miss my mom I go there. She even cooks me stuff not on the menu, when I ask her to. Then, afterwards I come here and sing the song my mom taught me.

(singing)When time passes, and even if the heart feels as though it will burst from the sense of longing, don't have regret, and don't forget and remember that you had someone precious.

NN: Aigo, our big baby. Was today tough on you?

YS: What the heck are you doing?

NN: OH! You laughed.

YS: Go. Now.

NN: I don't want to. I'm not gonna move one bit.

YS: Go, I told you.

e07110615hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

YS: Hey, don't like me. Kiddos like you aren't my ideal type.

DH: What is your ideal type, Teacher?

YS: Me? I like long-hair who is pretty when smiling, and who cooks kimchi stew well, and who likes dogs, and who sings well.

DH: That's totally me.

NN: (soft voice) I guess Sae Hee unnie cooked kimchi stew for him too.

YS: Anyways, it's definitely not a kiddo like you.

--

YS: (text)Hey, you used my shower gel, right? Make me coffee.

NN: (to self)Why does this guy always have to drink coffee I make?

NN: Gee, so petty. Just cuz I used it you tell me to make coffee for you right away?

YS: I cherish that (gel), okay? That gel was sold out, so I was on standby #28 for restock, and I almost couldn't buy it okay?

NN: Oh, you dweonjang-nam (hoarder). Drink up.

YS: Wooo yummy. Why can't I get this flavor? Give me the recipe.

NN: What recipe. Happy now?

YS: Hey something's on your clothes.

NN: Never mind. Do that to Sae Hee unnie instead.

YS: So it bothers you, huh? Look how you're acting like it doesn't?

NN: Who said anything about being bothered.

YS: Hey you're all frazzled too. Why are you frazzled?

----

YS: Ack jeez, am I suppose to put a tag on her saying this is my woman or what?

Seo: What's this, your boyfriend? Do you know who I am? How dare you...

YS: Who cares who you might or might not be. Go and whine to your dad. Let's go.

[in the car]

NN: Unbelievable. What do you mean I have an owner (man)? Well anyways, thanks, Lee Yoon Sung ssi.

YS: Hey, do you discriminate ppl or something? Why aren't you throwing him around like you do to me, huh?

NN: I've already been berated for overprotection, so would they let me get away with that?

YS: So sexual harassment and stuff is nothing to you, just because you're scared of getting reprimanded?

NN: Sexual harassment? Lee Yoon Sung ssi?

YS: Never mind. Are you mad because he didn't drag you away? Well who knows what you're thinking.

NN: You sure think like a player. But what are you doing here?

YS: I wanted to go and see the joint speech session once. Why? And I wanted to see how elections differ in Korea versus the U.S.

NN: I see. You had that thoughtfulness to you.

Guest webby

ysdouble.jpg

i'm getting the kick out of this, becoz every time they show the back view, it's a stubbier person. i'm telling myself it's not the camera angle, but why would they even use a double only for his back, when he does the action part himself?? someone please enlighten me.

today's epi is pretty good, worth the week's wait. i think i enjoyed the part of YS and his mom best. i keep telling myself that if i'm YS, i'd convince myself that this lady in front of me would never ever forsake her child. i mean just see how motherly she is, her tone of speech and how she cares even for nana who is not related to her. Boy, i hope it sinks in YS, i'm sure he'll come to full realization sooner or later.

i'm distraught that NN had to be the one to shoot that bullet and injure YS. I wonder how he'll make it out of there.

and i was seriously so nervous for shik joong ajuhsshi when his badge gave him away.. sweating bullets!!

i was very intrigued by that dress up of YS with the rimmed glasses and suit and hair. lol. what a change! i think i love his city hunter form better.

i'm impressed. SBS really paid attention to the comments on their official thread concerning last week's episodes. they gave a better cliffhanger, changed some background music and epi 7 was a whooping 1 hr 7 minutes compared to epi6 which ran up to 1 hr 3min before the ending theme started playing. There wasn't any preview this time. they might be short on time for editing, or they simply wanted to give us more air time of the actual episode, so they clipped the preview.

some viewers are so happy with today's episode they call it perfect!

edit:

am i the only one that loves the adorable shik joong ajuhsshi and his interaction with YS. i always smile thinking how YS can persuade him to be his accomplice in action, how shikjoong ajuhsshi completely stutters with hands shaking when he goes about his task and can manage to not get caught (that is until today). LOL. hope to see more of the 2 of them.

i like the fact that they are not rushing the loveline right now but keeping it at a steady pace. there's always some progress with each episode, but they keep the main focus on YS and JP's task at hand, to take down the council of the 5. i'm already feeling bad for the president becoz he is not such a bad guy after all, the most righteous one amongst the 5. it will be major dilemma when his turn comes.

did anyone notice how wrinkled YS's brown jacket looked earlier in the episode? of course there's no shik joong ajuhsshi to iron his clothes now that YS lives with nana.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words are not enough to describe this episode...really this must  be THE drama of the year!!! This was sooooooooooooooooo good today..I hope Nana will realize soon that he is YS...The ending was sooo good OMG cant wait for tomorrow...and here I am, the one who skipped City Hunter after ep1 and then tried it oone week later and became addicted as never ever...I hope they will get ratings above 30% cuz its worth, its Really WORTH....And I hope (and i think so too) that we will get a happy ending...I'm 99% sure JP will die to save YS....and YS and Nana will have their happy ending, cuz then it wont make sense...They've suffered very very much so at least they must have their happy ending...

Anyone who knows the ratings of todays episode???

Guest webby

June 15, 2011 (City Hunter Episode 7) -- viewership ratings

AGB Nielsen

best love 17.8 nationwide / 20.4 seoul

city hunter 13.7 / 14

romance town 9.7 / 10.6

TNmS

city hunter 13.6 nationwide / 16.7 seoul

best love 13.1 / 17.7

romance town 8.2 / 8.7

** wow, couldn't believe my eyes, but City Hunter overtook Best Love for nationwide TNmS ratings today!

edit:

City Hunter episode ratings from EP1 to 7 (nationwide/seoul)

EP1 10.5/11 (AGB) | 9.5/11.8 (TNmS)

EP2 11.1/12.2 | 10.0/12.2

EP3 12.3/13.0 | 11.9/13.6

EP4 12.8/13.3 | 12.6/15.0

EP5 13.7/14.9 | 13.0/15.7

EP6 14.2/14.8 | 13.2/15.4

EP7 13.7/14.0 | 13.6/16.7

TNmS ratings has been steadily increasing while AGB saw a slight drop compared to last week.

no there's no written preview or video preview.

such a cruel SBS

also, the spoiler picture thats floating around (see my profile image).

that's from ep. 9 i think so it's not even tomorrow either.

the waiting is hard.

What !!! the sofa kiss is in ep 9 !!

OMG Nooo i can't wait another week :(

BTW did u notice that she's wearing his shirt while sleeping , and the place looks like his home right ?

The prosecutor is one annoying guy. The way he interrogates a person is so irritating and he makes you feel he finds you suspicious right off the bat. No wonder nobody ever wants to meet with him. crazy.gif He has that irritating, cocky attitude like, "Look at me! I've got all the power. I've got the law on my side. I'm so going to get you." Makes me want to bash him in the head. lol. Now I just pray for his downfall. LOL

June 15, 2011 (City Hunter Episode 7) -- viewership ratings

AGB Nielsen

best love 17.8 nationwide / 20.4 seoul

city hunter 13.7 / 14

romance town 9.7 / 10.6

TNmS

city hunter 13.6 nationwide / 16.7 seoul

best love 13.1 / 17.7

romance town 8.2 / 8.7

** wow, couldn't believe my eyes, but City Hunter overtook Best Love for nationwide TNmS ratings today!

:rolleyes: Wow.. congratulation to CH.. they totally deserved for higher rating! :lol:

The prosecutor is one annoying guy. The way he interrogates a person is so irritating and he makes you feel he finds you suspicious right off the bat. No wonder nobody ever wants to meet with him. *quoted image* He has that irritating, cocky attitude like, "Look at me! I've got all the power. I've got the law on my side. I'm so going to get you." Makes me want to bash him in the head. lol. Now I just pray for his downfall. LOL

Why do you hate him?? He is on the good side, at least he can openly irritate the evil/powerful people cuz they cant do anything against the law :)

@little-star yes i noticed it too ;) i wonder why she wears his shirt??? maybe her clother are wet?? and by then she knows its him who is City Hunter :)...so tomorrows episode is a cliff hanger with Nana knowing YS is City Hunter :)

Am I the only one who dies with laughter when Shik Ahjussi is onscreen??? WOW he is really good!!! This role is made for him, he portrays his role so good, i hope he wins an award or so..cuz he totally deserves it...

I cant wait to see his encounter with Nana, i bet he is going to spoil her very much and YS will be jealous of him LOL :P

Guest dramaok

What !!! the sofa kiss is in ep 9 !!

OMG Nooo i can't wait another week :(

BTW did u notice that she's wearing his shirt while sleeping , and the place looks like his home right ?

oh you know what i just read the news articles and most of them said it was gonna be shown in the broadcast shown on the 16th, so that's ep. 8 right?

but then there's a couple of sites that say it will be shown in ep. 9, and still there's this article that said it was gonna be shown in ep. 9, on the 16th. (which is wrong date) so actually i don't know. but i really hope it's in ep. 8, on the 16th becoz i really don't know how I will be able to last another week waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and i'm dying here.

re: the shirt. i wasn't sure but it looks like hers. her "agent kim" uniform?

or is it too big for her> ack i don't know. i just want to see them like now.

see pic:

2011061503314941.jpg

imgp4963copy.jpg

kong3.jpg

imgp4965copy.jpg

oh you know what i just read the news articles and most of them said it was gonna be shown in the broadcast shown on the 16th, so that's ep. 8 right?

but then there's a couple of sites that say it will be shown in ep. 9, and still there's this article that said it was gonna be shown in ep. 9, on the 16th. (which is wrong date) so actually i don't know. but i really hope it's in ep. 8, on the 16th becoz i really don't know how I will be able to last another week waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and i'm dying here.

re: the shirt. i wasn't sure but it looks like hers. her "agent kim" uniform?

or is it too big for her> ack i don't know. i just want to see them like now.

see pic:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I don't know whose shirt she's wearing.  But, it's definitely not hers because the sleeves are too long. 

Hello City Hunter followers,

@otchosais

LoL! agree with you! there isn't one episode that make feeling less eager to watch another episode. the PD is such a KING of cliffhanger. Kya~~~

Correct ... I agree ... this factor make me want to watch n waiting when is Wednesday.

But I think we shouldn't blame Nana too much. It's true that in police side, the city hunter doing things illegally eventhough its helping them. So I think she still torn between to support or to defy him. Besides, she didn't know it was YS. Anyway, this is just my assumption. Maybe next episode will explain much better and foe who did read the comic might explain what happen.

True2x ... but I also understand otchosais's feeling

My sisters always said if the audience shows their feeling to the character ... that mean the actor/actress well managed bring their character in the story.

so far LMH n PMY really do a great job here in bringing their character n they have good chemistry together

I really enjoy it n eager waiting for tomorrow ....

But actually I'm eager to watch it all episode ... its really miserable to wait for next week

Guest bokchoi

Such a cliffhanger... and no preview... SBS!!!!!!!  >:OOOO.

Dang it just keeps getting better and better. So addicted.

Guest nitrogen123

The presidential candidate's handsy son is cute. If Nana doesn't want him, I don't mind having a little fling with him. This the kind of drama I like - stimulates both my mind and my eyes. :sweatingbullets:

Oh, and there's not enough fan service. They should have made those two fight with their shirts off.

Any explanation for why the Nana and her co-bodyguard didn't intervene?

Maybe because technically they're there to protect the president's daughter...so if they get "distracted" with saving someone else, her life could be in danger. It wasn't until the other guy had pushed her aside....then they were able to take action...because it involves her now.

The other possibility is that this guy is the SON of a presidential candidate that they were assigned at one time to protect. So, he could make a big stink, if they try to intervene without "legitimate" reasons.

That's just my 2 cents in the matter...I could be wrong.

Guest webby

I read the epi 8 preview that said injured YS went to Sae Hee's hospital. I think it kinda makes sense since she is indebted to him and might help him. so does that mean she will be the first to discover that he's City Hunter? (highlight to read)

for the sofa kiss, i think chances are it will be shown tomorrow. they usually don't throw out spoilers so far in advance if it's for next week's kiss. hopefully i'm right.

epi 8 preview video: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=minho&no=296229&page=1&bbs=

lol at the hug between YS and shik joong ajuhsshi, he even said thank you for staying alive to ajuhsshi... and i'm shooting daggers at the prosecutor for touching YS so roughly on his injured shoulder. yeeks.. must have hurt so bad.

Guest tron4U

I read the epi 8 preview that said injured YS went to Sae Hee's hospital. I think it kinda makes sense since she is indebted to him and might help him. so does that mean she will be the first to discover that he's City Hunter? (highlight to read)

for the sofa kiss, i think chances are it will be shown tomorrow. they usually don't throw out spoilers so far in advance if it's for next week's kiss. hopefully i'm right.

epi 8 preview video: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=minho&no=296229&page=1&bbs=

lol at the hug between YS and shik joong ajuhsshi, he even said thank you for staying alive to ajuhsshi... and i'm shooting daggers at the prosecutor for touching YS so roughly on his injured shoulder. yeeks.. must have hurt so bad.

Thanks for the preview. Eagerly waiting for tomorrow.