The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Guest creaturedreams

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for this.

Well, my main is to see Christian Bale and Gary Oldman!

:)

And during the trailer, who's the guy wearing the oxygen mask?

I'm pretty sure the guy in the oxygen mask is Oldman's Lt. Gordon.

Excited for this... but I'm still a bit skeptical about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. The spoiler picture doesn't help either. I wish they cast someone more sultry and sexy. I also can't stand her acting, and only liked her in "Rachel Getting Married." Hopefully I am proven wrong and she is awesome in the role.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SUMM3RxBABii

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? Really?

Oh man, that's probably a really bad choice, but who knows. I'm more used to Anne in girly-girl (and sexual content) films but I can't see her as a action hero. I just can't. I think Charlize Theron would've been a great choice since she was amazing in Aeon Flux.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest creaturedreams

Nolan confirms this in the latest issue of Empire Magazine (viaSuperheroHype)::

It’s really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne’s story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after ‘The Dark Knight.’ So he’s an older Bruce Wayne; he’s not in a great state. With Bane, we’re looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn’t had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we’re testing Batman both physically as well as mentally.

In the same issue, Tom Hardy also discuses the brutality of Bane; in particular, how this freakazoid is going to go mano-a-mano with Batman and not only survive, but give him a good run for his money:

He’s a big dude who’s incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It’s not about fighting. It’s about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it’s nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action.

Nolan also confirms that the first 6-7 minutes of “The Dark Knight Rises” will play in front of the IMAX showing of “Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol” as previously reported. The footage will introduce Bane to audiences and as Nolan puts it, give us a “taste” of what’s to come. More (viaCBM):

The Prologue is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. Its the introduction to Bane and a taste of the rest of the film. With Bane we are looking to give Batman a physical challenge that he hasn’t had before. He’s a great sort of movie monster, but with an incredible brain, and that was a side of him that hand’t been taped before. Because the stories from the comics are very epic and very evocative—very much in the way that Bruce Wayne’s origin story is epic and evocative. We were looking to really parallel that with our choice of villain. So he’s a worthy adversary. I felt that if I could get somebody as talented as Tom to agree to hide himself in the character I would get something very special. What I really feel with a great actor is every movement, every hand gesture, every step, has performance in it. Tom completely got it. It’s an incredible challenge to remove motion of the face so that you can’t put things across in the usual way, and you just have the eyes and a bit of the scalp and the arms and legs. What I knew is that from Tom I would get something where you get a total character and everything has incredible thought applied to it. And a lot of what he’s doing is very counterintuitive. He has this incredible disjunct between the expressiveness of the voice and the stillness of the movement of his body. He’s found a way to play a character who is enormous and powerful with a sort of calm to it, but also is able to incredibly fast at times. Unpredictable. He just has a raw threat to him that’s extraordinary. It’s a very powerful thing when you see it come together, beyond what I have ever imagined. That’s what you get from working with great actors.

source - 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest creaturedreams

Following is a list of the theatres in NorthAmerica in which the Prologue of “The Dark Knight Rises” will be revealed onDecember 16th:

Market - Theatre - City

Austin, TX - IMAX Theater Austin - Austin

Boston, MA - Jordan’s IMAX - Natick

Boston, MA - IMAX 3D Theatre in Reading - Reading

Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Theatre Chinook 16 -Calgary

Chantilly, VA/Washington, DC - Udvar-Hazy CenterIMAX - Chantilly

Chicago, IL - Navy Pier IMAX Theatre - Chicago

Des Moines, IA - SCI IMAX Dome Theater - Des Moines

Detroit, MI - Henry Ford IMAX - Dearborn

Edmonton, AB - Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton -Edmonton

Harrisburg, PA - Whitaker Center for Science &the Arts - Harrisburg

Houston, TX - Houston Marq*e Stadium 22 + IMAX -Houston

Indianapolis - White River IMAX - Indianapolis

Los Angeles, CA - Irvine Spectrum 20 + IMAX -Irvine

Los Angeles, CA - RAVE 18 + IMAX - Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA - Ontario Palace Stadium 22 + IMAX- Ontario

Los Angeles, CA - Citywalk Stadium 19 with IMAX -Universal City

Madison, WI - Star 18 Fitchburg with IMAX -Fitchburg

Miami, FL - AutoNation IMAX - Fort Lauderdale

Minneapolis, MN - Great Clips IMAX - Apple Valley

Montreal, QC - Cinema Banque Scotia Montreal -Montreal

Nashville,TN - Opry Mills Stadium 20 + IMAX -Nashville

New York, NY - Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX - NewYork

New York, NY - Palisades IMAX - West Nyack

Omaha, NE - Star Cinema 16 with IMAX - CouncilBluffs

Orlando, FL - Pointe Orlando Stadium 20 + IMAX -Orlando

Ottawa, ON - Silvercity Gloucester + IMAX - Gloucester

Palm Springs - Desert IMAX Theatre - Cathedral City

Philadelphia, PA - IMAX & the Tropicana -Atlantic City

Philadelphia, PA - Tuttleman IMAX–FranklinInstitute - Philadelphia

Phoenix, AZ - Arizona Mills 25 with IMAX - Tempe

Providence, RI - Providence Place 16 with IMAX -Providence

Quebec City, QC - IMAX Le Theatre At Quebec -Quebec City

Sacramento, CA - Esquire IMAX - Sacramento

San Antonio, TX - IMAX at RiverCenter - San Antonio

San Francisco, CA - Metreon 16 with IMAX & ETX- San Francisco

Seattle, WA - Boeing IMAX–Pacific Science Center -Seattle

Tampa, FL - Museum of Science and Industry - Tampa

Toronto, ON - Coliseum 12 Mississauga + IMAX -Mississauga

Toronto, ON - Scotiabank Theatre Toronto + IMAX -Toronto

Toronto, ON - Colossus 18 Woodbridge + IMAX -Woodbridge-Vaughan

Vancouver, BC - Colossus Langley + IMAX - Langley

Vancouver, BC - Silvercity Riverport 18 + IMAX -Richmond

Below is a list of the theatres in the UK in whichthe Prologue of “The Dark Knight Rises” will be revealed on December 21st:

UK - BFI London - London

UK - National Media Museum IMAX - Bradford

UK - Glasgow Science Centre IMAX Cinema - Glasgow

UK - Odeon Manchester IMAX @ The Printworks -Manchester

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of fan-recorded prologue videos leaked online today. WB is taken down just as quickly as they're uploaded. A high-quality version is out there but the person only caught half the screen...

I'm not fond of Bane's voice. Sounds like the Hans ectoplasm guy from Hellboy 2 only with less of an accent. 

http://www.wwtdd.com...es-have-leaked/

It is for the prologue though. You should be able to find the transcripts for the trailer online somewhere created by fans. Nolan apparently feels it will be dumbing down the movie if Bane is a bit more comprehensible, which is kind of ridiculous considering the premise of the movie. 

I respect him but c'mon, this was the same snobby attitude going into Inception. If Bane doesn't change and is hard to understand at the end, the fanboys will tell you to watch the entire film again to listen - why should the general audience have to do that in the first place? He has a mask and it's not like we can or need to see his lips synced perfectly. At the very least, subtitle Bane like they do on television - it doesn't distract from anything and will curb the complaints. 

Guest .moony.

I'm pretty sure the guy in the oxygen mask is Oldman's Lt. Gordon.

Excited for this... but I'm still a bit skeptical about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. The spoiler picture doesn't help either. I wish they cast someone more sultry and sexy. I also can't stand her acting, and only liked her in "Rachel Getting Married." Hopefully I am proven wrong and she is awesome in the role.

Agreed. I cant stand her acting. Pretty disappointing that shes cast as Catwoman...hopefully she will prove me wrong -_-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dudoysan

i can't wait for this to come out. i really enjoyed dark knight.. the casting was great.  I don't know about the next movie's casting though.. anne doesn't seem to have what it takes to be cat woman..Well, i hope it turns out well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest showgunz

i hope catwoman dies a horrible death in the movie...within 5 minutes of the film.

^ this..hahahahaha

i also don't get the people who swear she's one of sexiest women in the world

i know everybody has their own tastes....but.....damn....really?

seriously though..i'm not sayin' she's a bad actress

she doesn't seem to fit the role of an action star

she wasn't very good in get smart...jmo

• 3 months later...

Archived