The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Guest creaturedreams

Guest showgunz

Though also pure speculation at this stage, Gordon-Levitt's role has been suggested to be that of Alberto Falcone, the son of Tom Wilkinson's Carmine Falcone. If the children of both Falcone and al Ghul do appear in the film, it is likely that The Dark Knight Rises will have a strong focus on sons and daughters as, in the comic book series, Selina Kyle (to be played by Hathaway) suspects Carmine Falcone of being her father. As such, the theme of children and familial legacy would theoretically offer a parallel to Bruce Wayne's own struggle against the loss of his parents.

nolan has done an admirable job of staying loyal to the comics

so this could very well be true

jgl is one of the better actors going today

awesome news to hear he's on board

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest creaturedreams

Tom Hardy on Playing Bane. source

Earlier today Tom Hardy (Bronson, Inception) appeared on the British talk show "Alan Carr: Chatty Man" and spoke briefly about his upcoming appearance as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. The video is now available online, thanks to Batman-News.com and is viewable below. In addition to joking that Bane's look will depart significantly from the way the character appeared in 1997's Batman & Robin,  Hardy also revealed that he plans to spent the next three months  putting on muscle weight, shooting for a goal of about 200 pounds before  he starts production in May.

interview - http://www.youtube.c...d&v=vHqG75bg3cs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest creaturedreams

The Dark Knight Rises Plot Revealed? source

If true, this certainly makes a whole lot of sense. Not only from a storyline perspective, but also from the POV of Christopher Nolan directing his last Batman film, or so he claims. (How big of a brink truck you got, Warner Bros.?) In any case, all the below should be considered as SPOILERS for the time being, since I suppose the official plot will come out soon enough. Until then, though, SPOILERS AHOY!

So, according to the boys at

Badass Digest (a site run by Devin Faraci of CHUD, so the guy does have sources), Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises” would see the return of …

The League of Shadows.

The site also reveals that Anne Hathaway’s Selina Kyle will indeed don the Catwoman suit, but that by the end of the movie she will cease to become a villain and will instead become something of an ally to the Cape Crusader. I smell

love at first sight. Or lust. Or claws.

Since the League of Shadows is back, that means Talia Al Ghul will also show up as the movie’s main villain. Besides those cool ninja guys from the League, Talia (played by Marion Cotillard, perhaps?) will be bringing along her main henchman/possible

love interest in Bane (Tom Hardy), as well as Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who may or may not be playing The Black Mask.

Again, this makes perfect sense, if true. As Nolan’s last movie, bringing it all back to the League of Shadows and the Al Ghul bloodline is a nice cap to his run on the franchise.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest creaturedreams

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Confirmed for Alberto Falcone in The Dark Knight Rises source

When Christopher Nolan said “The Dark Knight Rises” was going to be  his final Batman movie, he wasn’t playing around. The director has  stuffed the cast full of his favorite actors, and this confirmation  that Joseph Gordon-Levitt has officially joined the cast seems to be  more proof that he’s come full circle in terms of storyline.Gordon-Levitt,  another “Inception” castmember to join Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises”  (joining Tom Hardy and Marion Cotillard), will be playing Alberto  Falcone, son of the late Carmine Falcone, the mafia boss played by Tom  Wilkinson in “Batman Begins”. Bringing the Falcone bloodline back is yet  another “coming full circle” for Nolan, especially with rumors that the  League of Shadows, the main villains of “Begins”, will also be back.

Here’s the younger comic book Falcone’s bio:

Born  to Gotham City crime lord Carmine Falcone and his wife Louisa on  February 14, Alberto Falcone was an outcast in his family of mobsters, a  nonexistent part of the family business. His father supported his older  siblings Mario and Sofia Gigante involvement in the “business” which  created a pathological jealousy. He fought his way up on a scholarship  to Harvard University and later went onto Oxford. Alberto Falcone was  always eager to follow his father’s footsteps and offered his service,  but Carmine Falcone refused to let his son get involved in his  “business,” apparently wishing for Alberto Falcone to live a normal  life. It is suggested that, contrary to Carmine’s open feelings, Alberto  may have truly been his favorite child. However, Alberto Falcone had  other plans.

Guest .moony.

I have watched almost every movie with anne hathaway in it and my god, I hate this woman.

I'd prefer anyone else to play Catwoman than Anne Hathaway. She's just not a good actress imo. *sad*

• 4 weeks later...
Guest losborrachos

Just FYI:

JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT IS JOHN BLAKE, MARION COTILLARD IS MIRANDA TATE IN 'THE DARK KNIGHT RISES' - source

Warner Bros. has announced the official casting of Oscar winner Marion Cotillard and Joseph-Gordon Levitt in Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises. Cotillard will play Miranda Tate, described as “a Wayne Industries board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne [played by Christian Bale] resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.” Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, described as “a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon [played by Gary Oldman].” Both actors appeared in Nolan’s 2010 smash Inception. They’ll join Anne Hathaway (playing Selina Kyle) and fellow Inception alum Tom Hardy (playing the villain Bane),

So basically... Chris Nolan pwns the internets because they're both be completely new characters... Or are they? From what it looks like, JGL may play someone like Max Cort-Lite (in the Prey storyline, which is said to be one of the bases for the movie, Max Cort is a cop who hates Batman and tries to hunt him down).

And Marion as a sexy businesswoman? That reeks of Talia al Ghul, still. The net is already buzzing with speculation that she's to Talia what Ducard is to Ra's. Especially because of the news that Josh Pence has been cast as young Ra's al Ghul and because the League of Shadows has to be in this. Or maybe, knowing Nolan, it's a red herring and she'll turn out to be... just Miranda Tate.

Either way, sexy as she is, I just hope she's not another random non-canon love interest for Bats. We all know how that well that turned out last time (aka everyone hated the character and they killed her off thank god). Mlle. Cotillard is too good to be this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Refrigerators

• 1 month later...
Guest shinhbang

Huge fan of the Batman movies, and so far, the last two with Christian Bale has been tremendous! I'm really excited to watch this one! With Anne Hathaway added to the cast as Catwoman? Oh yeah, that's a bonus. :)

Guest sanjaysinghania

well i am dying to watch this movie.i watched its trailer.it was awesome.i and my friends all are surely gonna watch this movie.hope it will be a great movie to watch.

EFF YEAH, I am SO READY FOR THIS. I practically camped out for the midnight IMAX showing last time; will do the same for sure with this one!

I have watched almost every movie with anne hathaway in it and my god, I hate this woman.I'd prefer anyone else to play Catwoman than Anne Hathaway. She's just not a good actress imo. *sad*

I was also very concerned with this. However, I know Christopher Nolan will work his magic and make her bearable for us! I have full trust in him.

Guest ladyhotary

Anne is Catwoman? It's a good choice, I'm wait to watch this new moive, I love the batman Serie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest flowerpetals

Half of the Inception cast is in this, shocker.

I wish Marion Cotillard was casted as Catwoman instead.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest creaturedreams

The Dark Knight Rises Teaser Trailer & Poster Coming!

Source: SuperHeroHype

SuperHeroHype reports that the teaser trailermag-glass_10x10.gif and teaser poster for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises is set to hit theatersmag-glass_10x10.gif with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2  next week! They are hearing that the teaser trailer is a minute and 33  seconds long and will play in 3D theaters, 2D theaters and IMAX 3D  screens.

You can also expect the first trailer for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and new trailer for Happy Feet Two to hit theaters with the "Harry Potter" finale. The first trailer for Contagion is also expected to be released, but not with "Harry Potter."

Opening in theaters on July 20, 2012, The Dark Knight Rises  stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Tom  Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno  Temple, Josh Pence, Daniel Sunjata, Nestor Carbonell, Matthew Modine,  Tom Conti, Joey King, Brett Cullen, Chris Ellis and Josh Stewart.

yess!!! can't wait :-) hopefully the poster and teaser gets web-released sooner. lol

Guest Khikarugal

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? She doesn't look like the fierce type....hope she'll do a good job as catwoman. :))

Hathaway supposedly trained really hard for the role and her latex costume wore out frequently. 

Carnegie Mellon scene shoot:

"They state that some of the scenes being shot here involve "an explosion, a prison break, precision stunt driving, gunfire, atmospheric smoke, and controlled pyrotechnic explosions." Additionally, at the Mellon Institute, "one character drives a motorcycle through the fourth floor lobby, out the front doors and down the steps onto Fifth Ave." - Courtesy

FirstShowing

Archived