The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Guest creaturedreams

Guest creaturedreams

Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy.

Christopher-Nolan-image-Chirs-Nolan-1.jpg

Director: Christopher Nolan

Release date: 20th - July 2012

Cast:

Christian Bale .. as Bruce Wayne

Tom Hardy .. as Bane

Anna Hathaway .. as Selina Kyle (Catwoman)

Gary Oldman .. as Jim Gordon

Morgan Freeman .. as Lucius Fox

Michael Caine .. as Alfred

updates: teaser poster 2nd page

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest creaturedreams

Official: Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle (Catwoman) and Tom Hardy is Bane in The Dark Knight Rises -   

After a lot of debate and rumors and speculation, Warner Bros. has saved us all the trouble and made it official:  Anne Hathaway has beaten out all of Hollywood’s starlets to play Selina  Kyle, aka Catwoman in Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film, “The Dark  Knight Rises”. She will be the third actress to tackle the role on the  big screen, following in the footsteps of Michelle Pfeiffer in “Batman  Returns” and Halle Berry in the ill-conceived “Catwoman” movie.  Meanwhile, Tom Hardy will play the muscle to Hathaway’s guile, stepping into the mask of Bane, the man who, in the comic books,  literally “broke” Batman. Bane last appeared on the big screen in Joel  Schumacher’s ridiculous 1997 Batman film “Batman & Robin”, but let’s  all just pretend that never happened, shall we?

Official press release ahoy:

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway  has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight  Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in  the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne  Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we  complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am  delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to  life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable  enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by
and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

91414841.jpg

43182657.jpg

15948924.jpg

Suggested Edits: Lucius Fox, Michael Caine

Some guy's mock-up of Cathaway (the file name says that).

cathaway.jpg

Note: The body belongs to some other weird cartoon Cat Woman. 

This image shows why Bane is a suitable villain:

I7bEP.jpg

Here's my issue: Hardy is shorter than Bale - Bale is 6'2 and Hardy is around 5'10. Even if he does reach to be an acceptable Bane muscle-wise, the height difference will somewhat diminish this supposedly imposing figure. Nolan is against CGI so I want to see what happens. 

More on Bane

Guest k r e m e s

I simply assumed that Nolan would use some sort of CGI, but that does seem to conflict with the direction of previous Batman movies.

Now I love Anne Hathaway as an actress, but I simply cannot imagine her as Cat Woman. Now if they had cast her as Rachel instead of Maggie Gyllenhaal in second installment, that would have actually made sense.

Guest Bronwen

It's funny how casting Anne Hathaway seems like Heath Ledger barnacle. Barely anybody could see it but once it got there...

I'm giving Nolan and Anne the benefit of the doubt. It is a little hard to picture the very person I remember from Princess Diaries and Prada but like Heath, Anne is an Oscar nominated actress prior to being in the Batman film so she must have something that quirked Nolan to casting her as Selina Kyle. :D I am actually looking forward to what Anne would do with being Selina Kyle. It be funny and fascinating if she gets nominated for an Oscar playing Selina Kyle and won like Heath did with Joker.

As for Tom Brady, I don't know much of him except what I've seen in Inception (Eames was hilarious) and hopefully they adapt Bane the way he should be from the comics (Bane is a highly intelligent, strong and lethal villain who broke Batman's back) and not the joke that was from Batman and Robin.

Guest losborrachos

Here's my issue: Hardy is shorter than Bale - Bale is 6'2 and Hardy is around 5'10. Even if he does reach to be an acceptable Bane muscle-wise, the height difference will somewhat diminish this supposedly imposing figure. Nolan is against CGI so I want to see what happens. 

He doesn't have to do CGI, he can just do some camera tricks, compositing, and body doubles to make Hardy look taller. It's been done before. Also, I have no doubts that Nolan will re-imagine Bane just like re-imagined all the other characters. I'm hoping he'll ditch the Lucha Libre costume, the over-the-top muscles, and the mask (so we can see Tom Hardy's attractiveness).

Bane was actually in my top 3 for TDKR villains (other than Hush and Black Mask). I didn't get why everyone wanted The Riddler. Any demented, psychotic villain that uses mind games would have to stand against Heath's Joker, and they would be found wanting. Failing The Joker, Bane is the perfect villain for the third and final installment. He's one of the most famous out of Batman's rogues gallery, thanks to the back breaking incident. He's obviously extremely physical, he's brilliant (speaks multiple languages and genius level-intelligence), and most importantly he's... sane. He'll be one of Batman's deadliest foes, it's gonna be fantastic.

Re: Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. Yeah I wouldn't dismiss it yet... remember everyone's reaction to Heath being The Joker? Also, anyone who's seen Rachel Getting Married and her stint in Brokeback Mountain would know that her Princess Diaries days are far behind her. She's a good actress and she can play up the sexy. She'll surprise all her doubters, just like Heath did.

They also mention that there will be two female leads, so who's the other lady? If we're going by the Bane storyline from the comic books, I think the best two candidates are Talia al-Ghul and Lady Shiva. Talia was actually my first pick for the female lead. She's a great way of bringing the story full circle to Batman Begins, but also I kinda decided in my head that Marion Cotillard would be a sensational Talia. But now that we have Selina, I'm hoping it's Lady Shiva. We don't really need a love triangle and yet another villain-slash-lover. Others have suggested that it's a female DA replacing Harvey Dent, which I could be down with, as long as she's not another love interest.

I think it's shaping up to be a pretty good movie. I'm excited about the casting news and Bane is gonna be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest graceyoon

hmmm i wasn't too happy with anne being cast as catwoman either....

if it wasn't for her looks, she wouldn't be getting the roles

princess diaries, becoming jane, devil wears prada, the white queen etc has all been played the same, just in different costumes

after heath ledger, i was expecting nolan would up the ante on choosing his stars... ppl are gonna have huge expectations

anyway i love batman in general so i would watch it regardless

Guest res0nate

I don't like the idea of Nolan picking stars per se to fill out the roles. If that was the case we'd have Cameron Diaz, Jolie, Tom Cruise or some other actor that wants $20 million.

I do agree with what losborrachos has said though in re: to the whole thing.

Guest rachilde

I just watched Brokeback Mountain so I can totally see her as Catwoman (I mean, her breasts were just all over the screen in Brokeback so it's kind of hard not to think of her as a sexual being now). I think she's also a very good actress. I can't wait to see the transformation.

I also agree that film can really transform actors/actresses--particularly in the Dark Knight Batman movies. There is just something about the cinematography, script, and directing that completely transforms the actors/actresses from their typical red carpet selves. I would have never imagined Heath Ledger was under all of that make up in the Dark Knight, since I knew him best as the silly knight from A Knight's Tale. I'll give Hathaway the benefit of the doubt!

Guest graceyoon

res > i didn't mean he had to choose big name stars (i liked the fact he didn't for his movies, except with dicaprio which i thought was a sellout), but be a little bit more picky in finding the right person... i read that he was choosing between portman, knightley, biel and hathaway for this role which sorta irked me as well

rachilde > see this is what i mean.. what does her breasts have to do anything with it... i recall pfeiffer exuded 'sexuality' without having to flaunt anything

i had nothing against ledger being the joker.. it intrigued me in what he could bring in comparison to nickholson... hathaway on the other hand, i feel it's more like how paquin is rogue for the xmen series... i mean paquin is an oscar winner as well... big whoop

edit--lol why is it someone can write almost a page of how they agree with the casting choice, and those who aren't are told to lighten up....

Guest rachilde

res > i didn't mean he had to choose big name stars (i liked the fact he didn't for his movies, except with dicaprio which i thought was a sellout), but be a little bit more picky in finding the right person... i read that he was choosing between portman, knightley, biel and hathaway for this role which sorta irked me as well

rachilde > see this is what i mean.. what does her breasts have to do anything with it... i recall pfeiffer exuded 'sexuality' without having to flaunt anything

i had nothing against ledger being the joker.. it intrigued me in what he could bring in comparison to nickholson... hathaway on the other hand, i feel it's more like how paquin is rogue for the xmen series... i mean paquin is an oscar winner as well... big whoop

I don't think the directors thought, "Hathaway isn't sexy enough and she can't act sexy...let's have her flash her boobs to make a point." I found Hathaway's performance in Brokeback superb. Most of the reviews seemed to approve of her performance in that movie as well. I think the fact that she can act in a non-family movie--and act well--shows versatility. I think it will be interesting to see what's done with Hathaway.

Besides, lighten up, it's just a movie.

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman??? ...Didn't see that one coming.

She seems too sweet not to mention the whole 'mysterious' factor is missing. But either way, I hope it turns out good. Dark Knight was real good~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest creaturedreams

Marion Cotillard Rumored for The Dark Knight Rises.

While her name has been speculated in connection with The Dark Knight Rises since well before the film even had a title, French Newspaper Le Fiagro is now reporting that Inception actress Marion Cotillard is joining the cast of Christopher Nolan's next film.

"Marion Cotillard will join the production this summer in Los Angeles," the article claims (translated from French), "where she will share the bill with Anne Hathaway."

While the newspaper's journalistic integrity certainly carries some  weight, Cotillard's casting is far from confirmed and it's unclear  exactly what Le Figaro's original source is on the matter. That  being said, another female lead would lend some credence to persistent  online rumors that Talia al Ghul, daughter of Batman Begins' Ra's al Ghul, will play a major role in The Dark Knight Rises' storyline.

Also still unconfirmed is last week's rumor  that Joseph Gordon-Levitt has signed on for a part in the film. If both  pieces of casting are true, Cotillard and Gordon-Levitt will join Tom  Hardy in the role of Bane and Michael Caine in the role of Alfred as  members of the Inception cast now heading (returning, in the case of Caine) to Nolan's Gotham City.

Though also pure speculation at this stage, Gordon-Levitt's role has  been suggested to be that of Alberto Falcone, the son of Tom Wilkinson's  Carmine Falcone. If the children of both Falcone and al Ghul do appear  in the film, it is likely that The Dark Knight Rises  will have a strong focus on sons and daughters as, in the comic book  series, Selina Kyle (to be played by Hathaway) suspects Carmine Falcone  of being her father. As such, the theme of children and familial legacy  would theoretically offer a parallel to Bruce Wayne's own struggle  against the loss of his parents.

Regardless of which rumors pan out and which do not, The Dark Knight Rises will begin production soon, aiming for a July 20th, 2012 release.

sr: http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=74125

al-ghul-rumor.jpg

falcone-rumor.jpg

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I have faith that that actors can play the parts well. My beef is that the parts just seem to suck in the first place. Catwoman? Really? How do you follow up the Joker with a burglar love interest?

Benefit of the doubt for the actors, no benefit of the doubt whatsoever for the movie itself.

Archived