The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Guest creaturedreams

Guest CK92842

LOL ... I just realized how Christopher Nolan used 5 alums from "Inception" to play roles in "The Dark Knight Rises"....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. I'm not sure if there is an answer yet but I'm pretty curious.

Can someone explain to me which Robin Joseph Gordon Levitt is supposed to be?

Is he richard simmons Grayson or Tim?
Unless, he's a completely new Robin...
I hope richard simmons Grayson because I the Nightwing much better than Red Robin.
It would be awkward to see him start as the original "kid" Robin because he's already an adult in the movie.

Guest jonogunn

I have a question. I'm not sure if there is an answer yet but I'm pretty curious.

I hope richard simmons Grayson because I the Nightwing much better than Red Robin.
It would be awkward to see him start as the original "kid" Robin because he's already an adult in the movie.

Guest CK92842

Guest ReplayMVP

Guest thomasqian

This movie had me absolute undivided attention throughout, which is very rare :D Although I loved this movie (like everything else by Nolan), I thought what happened to Bane in the end was meh... With that being said, TDKR has set the perfect foundation for The Man Of Steel. CAN'T WAIT!

when i first heard about a batman reboot (before batman begins), i had in my mind that it would suck. after watching it, i came out quoting half of the movie for about a month. i want to experience that again with this superman reboot.

Guest Starlitelet

thomasqian said: This movie had me absolute undivided attention throughout, which is very rare :D Although I loved this movie (like everything else by Nolan), I thought what happened to Bane in the end was meh... With that being said, TDKR has set the perfect foundation for The Man Of Steel. CAN'T WAIT!

Let me just say... Alfred's my favorite character.
Whenever he choked on his words, I teared up. His acting was brilliant. 
Enjoyed the movie a lot, probably the movie of the year imho. A Nolan fan now. And I find that Marion had more chemistry with Bale than with Hathaway. Inception alumni :w00t: though I was wondering why is Tom Hardy at the premiere and I definitely didn't notice that Bane's actually him throughout the movie. :3

Guest graceyoon

yeah the previous one was better, but i wonder if it was due to Heath's performance because the characters in Rises didn't really stand out... however, i thought it was still good as the final instalment. Most times, sequels and trilogies get worse and worse, but Nolan has been consistent in producing a standout series.
I was expecting Bane's costume to be bit more freaky looking, like tubes coming out of his back or something, but it was just a modified gas mask... I also sort of laughed at the scene where the police were watching security vids and commenting on Bane's fighting skills, that they were 'quick and smooth', when I saw nothing like that lol
I also majorly teared up when Caine started crying, damn that guy is good.
I was not marvelled with Catwoman. I'm not saying Hathaway acted poorly, but Catwoman just didn't stand out to me. I don't know if that was how Nolan wanted her to be, but I am sure a better actress would have taken the role and experimented with it and give it something extra! Catwoman is my favourite anti-hero and Nolan's direction disappointed me on that. To me, Hathaway was just there to fill in the Catwoman role. I didn't feel anything mysterious about her. Someone mentioned chemistry and i agree, it seemed sort of forced. kiss here, kiss there but nothing built up to it. I didn't like how Catwoman was also given a superhero sort of suit, and then slapped on a cat mask. It looked more appropriate for Batgirl.
Some comments:

So does Bane not age? Found it odd that the little girl grows up but Bane looked exactly the same. I also thought Freeman's character was going to die from the floods, as I was given the impression the whole place would be flooded. I also did not expect Marion's revelation, she was really good at showing her true colours at that second!

Overall 8/10

Guest AAgurl789

The most interesting person imo has to be marion's character. I honestly wanted to see more of her backstory than anne..Marion has such good screen presence and charisma. I thought the movie was good but I didn't walk away from the theater thinking about much like the previous one. Again, it's hard to compare anything to someone who is dead because they're always hold a special soft spot in our hearts ya know?

overall. 8.5/10

Archived