★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

@clio

Agree on all your points.

I really liked your observation on the mindset of casual listeners about Big Bang. Kpop has changed so much these past 2 years and what was new in 2008 has been re-done 10x over by newer groups and their companies. Because of how fast this industry has evolved in such short a time, I think YG was looking for a solution to make Big Bang very relevant to the younger kpop fans yet still hold on to their older ones.

YG has always been epic in their marketing strategies as evidenced by the huge following that his two groups: Big Bang & 2NE1 have amassed not just locally but also internationally. Considering the lack of promotions in variety shows and their lack of activities outside their musical ventures, it's amazing how big his groups got in the span of 4 and 2 years respectively. YG is definitely a businessman but he's quite a trail blazer. He takes risks and he's willing to spend much on their music and mvs. It might not always work but when it does, you can be sure it will be explosive.I might be mad at the guy sometimes because he lacks a solid timetable for music releases but I do respect him for not giving in to fans' pressures and for being really creative.

From a marketing point of view, this party was perfect. Big Bang has been gone for 2 years now. Even if they had their individual activities, their inactivity as a group has definitely brought down some of their popularity. This High High MV sure got a lot of people talking in the VIP community. But strangely, there hasn't been lots of reports on naver about this event. Or am I not looking hard enough? I like how its not a major press conference or release but more of a guerilla performance. From the time those invites were sent out, it's all been speculations here and there. The exclusivity of this party makes it more trendy and glamorous. It's like THE PARTY with VIPs in the true sense of the word. The random giving out of the invite also makes people think, dang I could have been there if I just hung out in the right places. It's like partying with the boys is a huge privilege or like winning in a lottery. It elevates Big Bang status as the part of the very luxurious "in crowd" or the party people. The cool kids so to speak. And you know how people are quick to jump on anything that speaks popular especially the really young kpop fans enamored over new kpop groups. Its a great way to re-introduce Big Bang as an idol group to watch out for.

Like you said, it's also like hitting several birds in one stone because it's also a way to introduce their new song to the public and film their MV with lots of people who actually paid to be there. LMAO.

Big Bang has always been a group that pulls people in because of their performances. Sometimes their music is a hit or miss for casual listeners but one thing that they've never failed to do is to leave an impression when they're on that stage. With the club performance, even people who live vicariously through the experience of others either through fancams, fan accounts or word of mouth will be excited not only for the music but also in seeing them onstage. Big Bang is addicting once you see them perform and you'll definitely want their music right after their jam. It's also a good way to catch attention of the older set since clubbing is really popular for those in their 20's-30's.

The party also differentiates them as the bad boys of kpop. The party, girls, drinking and smoking would have been so out of place with most boy groups. It's not like those groups aren't party people because I think some of the are but they always have to protect their idol image. Being in YG is a great advantage for Big Bang because YG groups have always been misfits and rebels even with their music. They're more free in doing stuff like this because their image has never been squeaky clean and they're always been perceived as rule breakers. They're not cutesy or pretty (though GD can be) but they're hot and they know how to party. This is part of their charm as a game-changer type of group and it makes them hipper than the next boy band that comes out. Maybe for some international kpop fans they may seem as posers, but I feel that Korean fans will definitely see them as legit.

When their music comes out, casual Korean listeners will be less critical because of the image they put out with High High MV. For VIPs, them coming in that event is a gift because it's a chance to actually party with them and not just watch them. It's also a way to be forever immortalized in an MV of a group that they love. It turns this dissatisfaction tide against their non-comeback into excitement, imo.

As for their Japanese activities, I agree. I really think they just need that one hit song to be relevant to the Japanese general public. I think they are popular but not household names yet. Otherwise, no Japanese TV station or magazine will give them the time of the day. This year, we have been peppered with a lot of their Japanese interviews and we see them guesting in more shows. If we add that to the fact that they sold out their ELT, its obvious that they have a Japanese presence. It's arguable because they don't have much sales compared to the girl groups making waves there but the thing is, JVIPs have been multiplying as we've seen how they dominated MTV VMAJ and Seoul Tokyo Music Festival. And it's like a cult following already at this point. They already have that solid fanbase to consistently support them with whatever they release now but if and when they make that one hit (hopefully written by GD who should totally learn Japanese), they're going to hit it big.

Sorry long post. :P

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest juang_bb

^^^ awesome posts guys!!! :D

i just really wanna say that i LOVE everything about that HIGH HIGH MV party. the partying... even the alcohol, smoking, girls... the music, the show... i just felt like for once, the boys are able to show one thing that's REAL about them, and things they actually enjoy doing. it's like F with the idol image... this is us! honestly, if they wanted to set up a clubbing theme for the MV, they could have easily done that like in their Number 1 MV... but no, they decided to go out there and have a party of their OWN. it's pretty bad richard simmons and right now, i just dont see anybody else in kpop who'll be able to pull this off.

i actually think that this party is entirely what GD and TOP wanted. i can see that this is their idea... not something that they were told to do.

and also, after all the ranting from VIPs... look at how this party has turned the tables, now every single VIP is still buzzing about this and it also caught the attention of casual and non-fans.

just look at the craziness yesterday, both kVIPs and iVIPs have admitted that's it's been awhile since we felt that kind of excitement and spazzing. :D

now, everyone's wondering what would happen if it was the actual comeback?!?

^

I like the fact that there hasnt been a major press release about it. A lot of times people in the business will know and anticipate a lot of things before writing about it. Its smart--bc you dont want to either eat your words later, or unintentionally release information that you'll be liable for later. But like you said, it adds to the exclusivity of Big Bang & their music.

It all feels very underground. People are being very mum about the whole thing, except to say how AWESOME it was. and while cameras were CLEARLY welcomed, all we get are bits and pieces of things. Just enough to tease us and get us excited. Just enough to tease the public & keep them intrigued.

I think it was one of the great things about the party--it got people talking & excited in the kind of way that will be best for Big Bang. & let's be honest, we don't need something in print to tell us how cool something is. ;)

& I love your and @toozdae's analysis of how VIP Big Bang actually is--they weren't kidding when they said Big Bang is VIP. I love that while everyone under the kpop sun is called an IDOL, as if it means something, but Big Bang shows you what it means to be VIP. No words, all action. The prove, once again, that they are made from a different kind of fabric, one that's a cut above.

They can and will do the things that other groups shy away from. They can and will do the things that other groups wished they could do. They can and will do the things that show why they are BIG BANG.

& a while ago I was asking YG for a Big Bang guerilla concert to appease kVIPs who were near rioting just a few days ago. Although it wasn't all of the boys--even though maknae & bae made it out too-- I think @no1chronoptimist was exactly right in saying that the dissatisfaction for their non-comeback has been turned into excitement.

@juang I like your comment about the HIGH HIGH Party being everything GTOP wanted. Because it shows that the boys are still very much in control of their images, music, direction and everything. They are never forced, and thats why they SUCCEED.

I also wanted to add that while GTOP are careful about their images, much like the rest of Big Bang, they don't coddle or shield their fans in quite the same was as other kpop groups. all VIPS know the boys date, party, have tattoos, club, drink & smoke. The boys, especially GTOP are just careful about being caught...not so much because they want to keep up idol images, but because they are conscious of the fact that a lot of young kids look up to them. They are role models whether they like it or not and I believe they would never want to do anything to damage the group name, so they keep that part of their lives as private as possible.

At the same time, the boys KNOW that we know that they go out and go out with girls, and drink and club and all that--they admit that they do it, and I respect them so much for that. Because it lets us know that they are being real with us. That they, at least, trust us to understand them. It makes me feel closer to them, and lets me know that the interviews I read or watch about them, aren't for show. Their sincerity is real.

(this is also why I love the mL Documentaries--the boys come across exactly the same way there as they do for Korean media)

And I agree about GTOP learning Japanese--I think it would do wonders for their promotions in Japan, as well as their musical direction. If Big Bang takes hold of their music in Japan, there's no telling what they could do there... the sky is the limit.

Sorry this post is so random, its just a collection of stuff in my head. ^_^

Guest Michala01

^^^^

I'm not surprised. GD tends to have the more extreme fangirls in general. I don't think he'll ever be able to date publicly...well at least not for a while.

Some of the comments are serious and that's not cool but some people are just joking when they call the girl names. Totally jealous of course but GD is a grown man, he can do what he likes.

The HQ pics are gorgeous. GD supporters really did well this time around. Awesome fancams smile.gif

Guest karendm

I'm loving the shaven lines in Tabi's eyebrows and the outfit...but that hair....NO!!!!!

I'm sorry, I hated the grey hair on him and I'm hating this white one as well. It's not hot, it's not smexy, it's just not TOP.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Tabi and I think he is still hot but that hair just doesn't suit him. I hope it is only for the MV and he'll change it when they make their comeback. *fingers crossed*

This is just me ranting...sorry :(

Ukrainian group copies Big Bang

Time & Glass - So The Card Has Dropped Out [Tell Me Goodbye - BIGBANG]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngFRi15FsMM

BLOWN away by the video..the song was pretty decent but the concept of the MV

was too "Tell Me Goodbye"/...they say copying is a form of flattery

HIGH HIGH MV

ASljkFBAIfugaldifgadlkjf

askfbdajkfvadf

KWON JI YONG!!!! you're doing Elizabeth Ramsey on me with that HAIRDO..

not loving it. XD

but YOU YOU YOU!!!! gaaaah Gheiman..you're killing me with your

antics. I dont hate the girl cause i think she's hot but

boy your pimping broke my heart...*sigh*

TOP...wth your hair! haha but i love it. I showed

one fancam to my friend and she said..Top's gonna get

old gracefully..he's like wine.

*cough* hot *cough*

Guest propera898

TOP...wth your hair! haha but i love it. I showed

one fancam to my friend and she said..Top's gonna get

old gracefully..he's like wine.

*cough* hot *cough*

SORRY TO CUT YOUR POST :)

can you explain what do your friend meant by Top's gonna get

old gracefully..he's like wine. i dont get it :S

@les: LOL! Atenais_pala is a dear friend and fellow LJ-er and is A MAJOR TOP STAN and G-TOP STAN! She makes awesome artworks! XD And that Elizabeth Ramsey comment!

LOL! Now, I'm having images of her dancing to Usher's OMG!

And uhmmm. . .I'd probably be banned if and when I post my spazzing here so feel free to read it HERE. Post includes crack convos by the way! harhar!

And to answer your question Les over @ FB:

CAN YOU think straight when you're THAT near KWON JI YONG?

I WON'T THINK WHEN I AM THAT NEAR HIM. . .I'D BE ALL TOO AWARE OF HIM, OF HIS SCENT, OF HIS SKIN. I'D BE ALL JUST ABOUT HIM. AND YEAH. . .I CAN HANDLE HIM, BUT CAN HE HANDLE ME?

*wink*wink*

AND CAN I JUST SAY. . .I LOVE G-TOP's NEW HAIRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

CAN YOU think straight when you're THAT near KWON JI YONG?

To answer my question

I CANNOT THINK..I CANNOT THINK AT ALL IF HE'S NEAR ME..

i can only feel! LMAO XD

baby mac i think you'll bleed your nose when you're near him ahaha

i kept on picturing fangirls being THAT close to GD...i wonder how

they'd be.

as for KWON JI YONG feelin up that girl...i aint gonna die cause they are not that FLUFFY! XD

(ok back to earth now leslie)

good thing CON updated her fic today so that i cant think too much about it

Man, they must have done a lot of work on TOP's hair. Is it even possible to get it THAT white?!

I'm hoping the mv does come out soon... I mean, they usually film mvs a week ahead of the release right? And I think this mv is more like a precursor for what's to come from big bang. It's not exactly big bang coming back just yet. YG probably understands that we're all dying here without anything!

Guest juang_bb

G-TOP partying really hard!!!

[Fancam #2] TOP at "HIGH HIGH" MV party (101120)

c: bigbanghavenYT01@yt

LOL! this is precious!!! i freakin LOVE their party mode. those two are really high that night. look at them go crazy!!! :w00t:

love seeing them having so much fun like this... argh! still wishin i was there, but still.. these fancams are priceless!

can u see any other kpop idols daring to go public like this?!? only our 2 BAMFs!!!

btw... you have to keep your eyes open, you might miss GD. but he joins TOP going crazy towards the end... jumpin and all. :D

edit: just noticed... TOP is holding a WHOLE BOTTLE OF ALCOHOL! lmao tabi! you didn't disappoint... could not have expected anything less from you. :lol:

Archived