★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest MissLadyBunny

The arguments being said are valid but there is more to hip hop then just "bravado" and "arrogant bragging."

There is different genres and variations of hip hop and rap that goes beyond the club. Do you think 2Pac, Public Enemy, Run DMC, Mos Def, Reakwon, are so damn vain?

There has always been two worlds of hip hop/rap music. The intellectual side and mainstream side.

Early hip hop like Sugar Hill Gang and Kurtis Blow was more disco/club influence. Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five also Beastie boys along with Run DMC made hip hop more politically smart, Giving a voice to young Black youths struggling to survive.

Then you have club hip hop or rap with a more mainstream appeal. Artist like LL Cool J could spit 18 bars of heat but also have sex symbol. The 90's usher in more aggressive style of hip hop like NWA and 2Pac. Which further show the parallel lines and the contradiction hip hop develop musically and culture wise.

Every rapper, group and MCs have their own style and admiration for hip hop. How to use this genre for whatever reason.

Commom "I Used To Love HER" the ending of the lyrics sum up what hip hop is becoming now

I might've failed to mention that the chick was creative

But once the man got to her, he altered the native

Told her if she got an image and a gimmick

That she could make money, and she did it like a dummy

Now I see her in commercials, she's universal

She used to only swing it with the inner-city circle

Now she be in the burbs lookin' rock and dressin' hip

And on some dumb mini cooper, when she comes to the city

Talkin about poppin glocks, servin rocks, and hittin switches

Now she's a gangsta rollin with gangsta b-----

Always smokin blunts and gettin drunk

Tellin me sad stories, now she only f--- with the funk

Stressin how hardcore and real she is

She was really the realest, before she got into show-biz

I did her, not just to say that I did it

But I'm committed, but so many n----- hit it

That she's just not the same lettin all these groupies do her

I see n----slammin her, and takin her to the sewer

But I'ma take her back hopin that the mini cooper stop

Cause who I'm talkin bout y'all is hip-hop

The evolution of Big Bang is partly on them but largely on their fans. Fans are just as responsible for Big Bang creating music that may not be up to par. If fans BB VIP find everything "good" then really Big Bang has no room to grow. Which can kill a group in the long run.

I understand Koreans and fan group loyalty but do not hinder your own idol progression. Always demand the best, always have an opinion out from the norm. Really appreciate your artists music and don't become consumers.

You have to allow Big Bang to experiment, explore, make mistake and fail. Ever Big Bang album is a working progress, ever digital single is an ideal and ever opportunity can be their last. Big Bang is aware of this but most likely are enjoying the moment and taking advantage of every opportunity to be heard.

I haven't even heard Big Bang new music to cast such a speedy judgment.

But no artists should become cocky. Never forget where you come from and who help you rise. There is an old saying "Once you believe in your own hype you FAIL." I seriously doubt Big Bang has become so stupid. Give them a chance and see if 2 years out in Japan has left an impression.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peppermintsugar

^^ This is a really smart post.

I want Big Bang to do what they want, how they want. I want them to explore, compose the music they want, write the lyrics they want -- even if this means getting half of the songs banned. Generally speaking, K-pop is not all about straying from the pack and doing your own thing. You kind of have to fit in or you become irrelevant, and I LIKE that Big Bang doesn't want to just sit back and do what everyone else is doing just because they're afraid of being forgotten by fans.

If you like old Big Bang that's fine, we all do as well, obviously, or we wouldn't be here waiting for the new, but the boys want to expand and broaden their horizons, and contrary to general, K-pop fan belief, there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm just going to be straight up honest with the fact that I like GTOP's cocky sounding song. The lyrics make me laugh, especially because anyone that has paid a lot of attention to them as individuals knows that they're anything but cocky and conceited. Music is art, writing poetry -- this is what they do, it doesn't have to be indicative of their true personas. Most artists will have a "stage persona" and then their real persona, T.O.P himself has even admitted that his rapping voice is not real, he practiced it, he created it.

If people are going to judge the individuals based off of their fictional writing then that's really a shame, but I, for one, love it enough for all of the haters and second-guessers out there.

MissLadyBunny

Wow that was deep

top1s.gif

I totally get what your with saying  "Always demand the best" . In a recent interview GD once said that  VIPs were "hard to please" :lol: so yea I think even he knows that we won't just go ga ga over anything.  Its all apart of constructive criticism. I think some of us do feel pressured to say we like something from BB when we don't and I agree that its not helping ANYONE to lie.. I mean really BB will think that its "hot" when in fact fans hate it, but they won't ever know if we don't express our dissatisfaction. It doesnt mean we don't love them or think their not the best its just we expect a higher quality of music from them.

As for the whole "old Big Bang" discussion. I really hate it. Big Bang would not be the group they are today if they had not evolved. You think pop songs such as lies or haru haru would have fit in with "old Big Bangs" hip/hop concept? NO. I mean cmon people. Progression only makes BB better.

I think people are freaking out right now for a lot of reasons mainly because of the recordings heard on BBTV that had the dreaded AUTOTUNE

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn.

dramatic-chipmunk.gif

Look people. There is no way around this, yes it MIGHT happen, but do you seriously think were going to get a fully T-Pain esque Big Bang album?  Cause I think thats going a bit far. In fact GD said that he was going away from the electronic sound for BBs album!!!! I think the auto tune we heard was for G-TOPs album which is a TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY AND DID I SAY TOTALLY different type of music he would produce for Big Bangs album!!  so take a deep breath and just trust them!! They never failed us with an album before right? Nuff said.

I agree with the majority.

Also on that note, I don't think it's fair to judge their personalities with the lyrics from knock out. If you watch them on shows, at awards etc you'll actually see that they are very humble. They always stand in the back when it's obvious that they'll win the weekly awards given the current system, and they bow at 90 degrees. From what I gather, they are not cocky and arrogant as their lyrics may suggest.

It's good that we're discussing their direction and style in music though... it really encourages me to think about it from different perspectives. I have to admit that I'm not a fan on some of their sounds either but I love the fact that they experiment and are innovative.

That's all I have to say.

^ Agree. Its funny how Big Bang have these really "out there" almost arrogant lyrics,fashion,overall image but are some of the sweetest MOST respectful guys, but other idols that shall not be named who are supposed to have this "clean/innocent image" are some of the rudest people you have ever laid eyes on.  I remember some guys from a rookie group who didnt even bow back to GD after he won for heartbreaker promotions and I seriously wanted to rage.  You really can't judge a book by its cover....cheesy but true.

Guest peppermintsugar

i know this topic is old but i would like to know why did AKP told that "Big Bang’s ‘For the World’ album is ‘The biggest musical disaster in 10 years’'?

can any one tell me the story behind this? thanks

It's my understanding that AKP is pretty notorious for being unprofessional and "opinionated" in their supposed "news" articles.

I've witnessed it myself, and heard the same from others, and it's not only against Big Bang.

Guest sakime-yong

Wow this discussion about BB made me really interested and I AM SO DARN PROUD AS A VIP.

Why I found this FANDOM so MEANINGFUL and not a fandom or idol GROUP THAT IS TO PLEASED THE PUBLIC/FANS WITH JUST THEIR LOOKS AND etc.

Even the lyrics has a double meaning to it.

This made me LOVE MORE BB and I will never regret that Im a VIP :D

I would really hate if BB will just stagnant in one ides,do not evolve or explore that is why i found them different in other artist/groups.

I really do agree that BB members are really humble and down to earth in real life. They are hiphop so they create or portray some cocky and arrogance to match that style.

AND ABOUT KimjongKookie said ^ Agree. Its funny how Big Bang have these really "out there" almost arrogant lyrics,fashion,overall image but are some of the sweetest MOST respectful guys, but other idols that shall not be named who are supposed to have this "clean/innocent image" are some of the rudest people you have ever laid eyes on. I remember some guys from a rookie group who didnt even bow back to GD after he won for heartbreaker promotions and I seriously wanted to rage. You really can't judge a book by its cover....cheesy but true.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!! those who are looks respectful is the one who is really not!.

I find this thread really interesting and sometimes I think BB and VIP's they think the same :lol:

It is good if fans will comments praises like they are really handsome,hot but don't you think it is so much vain and boring if the only reason your into that groups is because of their GOOD LOOKS?.

I honestly like BB natural good looking faces and I hate it when idols are so much into plastic surgery.(sorry if you may find this harsh)

Guest Michala01

i know this topic is old but i would like to know why did AKP told that "Big Bang’s ‘For the World’ album is ‘The biggest musical disaster in 10 years’'?

can any one tell me the story behind this? thanks

Because they are a bunch of pricks. They've been very biased against big bang over time. I'll never forget some of their articles about GD last year mellow.gif

Also old articles like this... 

WTF? Big Bang in Vogue

an article they start off with this sentence

It’s not hard to make Big Bang look bad

john tesh them

Guest saysomethingcat

personally, I just like Big Bang. Whatever they come up next, I think I'll continue to like them.

you see, I don't like hip-hop. In fact, it's at the bottom of my list when it comes to music genres.

But when I heard Big Bang, and I saw videos of their performances, I've come to like them. Love them, in fact. I can't just look at Big Bang from a musical standpoint, because as I said before I'm not really a hip-hop/r&b person. Nor see them from an "idol" standpoint, because they're really the only boy group that I like. I certainly can't just look at them from a fashion standpoint, because really I'm not into fashion as well. So I guess, the end of the matter is, sometimes liking a group is illogical. WE sometimes move by gut feel, by that spark of emotion tugging at our hearts, caused by this group. So we remain with them, despite the changes, because we don't put them in a box and instead let them lead us to whatever crazy idea they have next.

They're certainly not ideal, but I love the whole idea of them. They give amazing performances- you can tell that when they perform they're all there 100%. If we can read their thoughts during performances, the only thing that we'll probably see are the lyrics and choreography. No thoughts of, "do I look cute while I walk around like a monkey?", "will this be #1 tomorrow?". I am no fan of hip-hop, but I like their music...I cannot help repeating again and again their performance at the MAMA's, they're the only autotone-d songs that I have on my iPod (come to think of it, I think they're the only hip-hop/r&b songs in my iPod apart from some songs by BEP).

Given the type of entertainment industry they have, as an artist you will die if you don't come up with something new or bold or exciting. AND you certainly cannot have a comeback sounding the way you did 2 or 3 years ago. It just does not happen.

So as a listener, we ride the tide and just be thankful that despite their entertainment industry's average shelf-life of 5 years for idol groups, we still have Big Bang going strong and turning up with something new.

For me, in the end, it's all about Big Bang- and everything that they are and are not.

I am a bit dissapointed to those fans who left BB and I know its their choice.

But for me as a hardcore BB fans loyalty is very important to me.

I may called myself a bb fan if i like them but I will never consider myself as an VIP if I cannot do the role of a VIP and I will just forget about them easily.

For me it is a different if your just a big bang fan or you just like them or their songs. VIP is for BB only. That is why different fandoms have their official name so that you welcome yourself into that idol/group world. :D

yeah you're right it is kinda disappointing for those fans who left BB...

once a VIP should always be a VIP

Guest Ena_Dae

personally, I just like Big Bang. Whatever they come up next, I think I'll continue to like them.

you see, I don't like hip-hop. In fact, it's at the bottom of my list when it comes to music genres.

But when I heard Big Bang, and I saw videos of their performances, I've come to like them. Love them, in fact.  I can't just look at Big Bang from a musical standpoint, because as I said before I'm not really a hip-hop/r&b person.  Nor see them from an "idol" standpoint, because they're really the only boy group that I like. I certainly can't just look at them from a fashion standpoint, because really I'm not into fashion as well. So I guess, the end of the matter is, sometimes liking a group is illogical. WE sometimes move by gut feel, by that spark of emotion tugging at our hearts, caused by this group. So we remain with them, despite the changes, because we don't put them in a box and instead let them lead us to whatever crazy idea they have next.

They're certainly not ideal, but I love the whole idea of them. They give amazing performances- you can tell that when they perform they're all there 100%. If we can read their thoughts during performances, the only thing that we'll probably see are the lyrics and choreography. No thoughts of, "do I look cute while I walk around like a monkey?", "will this be #1 tomorrow?".  I am no fan of hip-hop, but I like their music...I cannot help repeating again and again their performance at the MAMA's, they're the only autotone-d songs that I have on my iPod (come to think of it, I think they're the only hip-hop/r&b songs in my iPod apart from some songs by BEP).

Given the type of entertainment industry they have, as an artist you will die if you don't come up with something new or bold or exciting. AND you certainly cannot have a comeback sounding the way you did 2 or 3 years ago. It just does not happen.

So as a listener, we ride the tide and just be thankful that despite their entertainment industry's average shelf-life of 5 years for idol groups, we still have Big Bang going strong and turning up with something new.

For me, in the end, it's all about Big Bang- and everything that they are and are not.

i love everything that you say here.

for me, i love big bang because for once, we have an idol group who doesn't really follow the current trend. if anything at all, Big Bang sets the trend, no matter how they'd be ridiculed for it. they're bold and fresh. i love it that they also composed their own songs, are incredibly dorky and doesn't mind being thought of as silly idols. I just LOVE them. and i love the fact that they have Dae in the group. we all know how the old Dae would never probably be accepted by the other agency. but YG took him in and look at him now, all HOT and FUNNY and become one of the most desirable man among females. they even make fun of each other and doesn't really care about their image. they're like one of the most real idols i know.

i also love the fact that even though they went into the Japanese market, they are still holding true to their unique sound instead of succumbing to the J-Pop trend.

i hope Big Bang will continue to come back with a BANG. i know i will always LOVE them.

Guest Ena_Dae

omg, i'm really excited to watch this. wonder how's Dae's acting skills would be like..

so it'll be in march 2011??

it'll be airing during the time of BB comeback.

yess..

i can't wait for my Dae overload!!

Guest klaudcl

I'm a silent lurker here. But i just have to reply after reading saysomethingcat's comment. I agree with the writer 100%. I too did not like hip-hop/rap/rnb. Bigbang opened my ears to that genre of music. I think there is something about them that make you feel moved when you hear or watch them perform, or even by reading their lyrics. I not only see this in Bigbang but in all YG artist. Yes YG family are artists, not idols or solo performers, they're artist. I think every music they produced has some significance in their life of perspective of life. Whenever i watch them perform especially bigbang i feel so moved or wowed. I love how they are trying to put some fresh and new ideas and sound in the k-pop scene, cuz not the bash other groups or performers, but whenever i see idols, to me they're just carbon copies of one another. With bigbang it's so different.

And what i love most about bigbang is their imperfection. They are not the best dancers or singers, and not the best looking as some viewers think but their imperfection is what perfect looks like to me. I think they have a certain balance and energy that makes every single one of their performance exhilirating. When you look at bigbang members one by one i see that each member is lacking one or few things but together they fill each others' gap.

I personally think bigbang is too great for MAMA or Golden Disk Award. They should be winning Grammy's.

Archived