[SUB-UNIT] ♪♬♪ GD & TOP ♪♬♪

leslie_lei

Guest sw8et_vietgurl

And they belittle GD and TOP's song writing because many idols also write songs

in short BigBang song writing skill is clearly better than some idols simply because their lyrics are more meaningful, and the lyrics are kinda like poetry, you have to analyse each verse to understand it fully for example this song "knock out" i didn't understand it at first by just reading the lyrics but after some helpful explainations from ibigbang i now understand it more ...so yeah this might be the reason to why people think highly of bigbang's song writing skill than some other idols

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oh`retro

Wow, I just read through the past two pages & I'm feeling, like, SO EFFING PROUD & HONORED to be a fan of Big Bang. Everyone's comments were just filled with so much swag, proud-ness & arrogance. I freakin' love it, haha. And it's so true, I mean, why can't we be elitists? It's Big Bang. They have the sickest songs and swag, they just bring it. We're allowed to be like this, because Big Bang's talent backs up our arrogance. It's not like we're cocky with no reason. We're VIPs, that's whats uppp. <3

I love my other groups but at the end of the day, like I said, it's Big Bang all day, baby! They will always be Number 1!

Same, I've grown fond of other groups through these years since Big Bang did go on hiatus. I mean, I like my Super Junior & DBSK, I have my 2PM & Shinee phases, etc., but at the end of the day, Big Bang is my group & they always will be.

I can't wait for GTOP's album, it's going to be epic. The other groups better watch out. Our boys are back & ready to dominate K-Pop once again. My friend kept saying since Big Bang has disappeared for so long, they won't get their popularity back again. That's so not true because Big Bang is just the kind of group that will always get people hyped up no matter after how long. I think the other groups got a little comfortable while Big Bang was on hiatus, every little thing they did was made into a huge deal. Well, that's over, our boys are back, back with a bang, so those other groups better step up their games. Wow, I'm so effing cocky for Big Bang. Oh well. :)

Guest juang_bb

@KimJonhKookie i LOL'd at Beiber jacking off TOP's move. :lol:

anyway, i hope we get a translation of the article, i always wondered how their appearance at MAMA would affect YG and SBS' relationship. i hope both companies remain in good terms. the last thing we need when BB is coming back is to have YG boycotting 1 of the music shows and vice versa.

BB is coming back, so just spread the love. i want to see them as often as possible when they make their comeback :D

Guest peppermintsugar

Wow, I just read through the past two pages & I'm feeling, like, SO EFFING PROUD & HONORED to be a fan of Big Bang. Everyone's comments were just filled with so much swag, proud-ness & arrogance. I freakin' love it, haha. And it's so true, I mean, why can't we be elitists? It's Big Bang. They have the sickest songs and swag, they just bring it. We're allowed to be like this, because Big Bang's talent backs up our arrogance. It's not like we're cocky with no reason. We're VIPs, that's whats uppp. <3

Same, I've grown fond of other groups through these years since Big Bang did go on hiatus. I mean, I like my Super Junior & DBSK, I have my 2PM & Shinee phases, etc., but at the end of the day, Big Bang is my group & they always will be.

I can't wait for GTOP's album, it's going to be epic. The other groups better watch out. Our boys are back & ready to dominate K-Pop once again. My friend kept saying since Big Bang has disappeared for so long, they won't get their popularity back again. That's so not true because Big Bang is just the kind of group that will always get people hyped up no matter after how long. I think the other groups got a little comfortable while Big Bang was on hiatus, every little thing they did was made into a huge deal. Well, that's over, our boys are back, back with a bang, so those other groups better step up their games. Wow, I'm so effing cocky for Big Bang. Oh well. :)

I think our arrogance is humorous. If other groups stans are going to be mad and hate on it when it has nothing to do with them at all, then so be it. You don't see me pinkberrying and moaning about Cassies, or Hottests, or anyone else, because they're irrelevant to me, ya know? It's all in good fun, anyways. People should really learn to take a joke, get a sense of humor, etc etc. Sheesh!

I also disagree about them not getting their popularity back. It's never really been GONE. Majority of VIP's have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more for the boys to return, and sure, they will lose some fans, but they're far, far, from irrelevant, that's for sure.

I also lol'd at "other groups better watch out" because I said before and I'll say again (facetiously, of course, I mean no disrespect) "now would be a good time for other groups to go on a hiatus" LOL.

OKAY I know this talk should go in the Lounge, I'm being an awful influence I'm sorry!

Sadly, newbie Kpop fans are accusing BB of doing electro-house-ish songs only because it is popular and the way they dress too. Oh well, they started that trend so whatever. And they belittle GD and TOP's song writing because many idols also write songs but the thing is, it was only after GD writing BB's own songs becoming popular that other idols writing their own songs became a big deal. It is only after BB having been given a free reign on their own activities as in contributing in their albums and concepts did it become a huge trend that idols now be able to contribute in their songs.

Haha, it's especially sad that fans of these groups sees BB as just any other group and won't even acknowledge the inspiration their idols got from BB. They choose to be blind and deny it so what can we do? Anyways, it's not our problem.

i feel sorry for those NEWBIE kpop fans they don't know what they're saying isn't it that after BB released always album some idols started to do the same as the "always" song they patterned the song to always' arrangement right? (electronic thingy) just forgot the term.

i think BB is the one being "imitated" because of their songs. just forgive those NEWBIEs.

it's not really our problem..

in short BigBang song writing skill is clearly better than some idols simply because their lyrics are more meaningful, and the lyrics are kinda like poetry, you have to analyse each verse to understand it fully for example this song "knock out" i didn't understand it at first by just reading the lyrics but after some helpful explainations from ibigbang i now understand it more ...so yeah this might be the reason to why people think highly of bigbang's song writing skill than some other idols

i totally agree with you..

for me i really like those lyrics that disses other people.. to show who's the BOSS

Guest hayakatsu

i agree completely with all of you guys. and i get irked too when some kpop n00b says things like "i don't get the hype of BIGBANG" and i'm like. hoyeah? lol just wait til they comeback lmao. don't be ignorant *profanity* know your kpop history first or risk looking like an idiot. they basically started a lot of popular things in mainstream kpop. colored skinnies? blingy studded jackets? bringing huge designer names to the surface and combining it with their music? bringing in the house genre? heck they even started the autotune trend in kpop ever since the remember album with the song 'wonderful' and etc. what abt rap parts in a song being the central instead of the other way around? attitude on stage? (which still is unmatched to this day) srsly. lmao. i remember reading somewhere that the hype of GTOPYB's perf on MAMA was undeserved. oh, right. it was on kpopsecrets. and i'm like rly? undeserved? who else brought the house down like that? they said DJDOC and JK's perfs were better. well... in my mind i'm thinking, you're in denial. you just hate the fact that you yourself think that GTOPYB's perf that night was perfectly up to par with those seasoned veterans. you just can't admit to yourself that you think they were just as awesome. lol. i'm sorry, but they can keep living in their perfectly crafted lies.

also, i think GTOP will be starting another trend. duo rap groups coming out of idol groups. sure, they aren't the first duo rap group out there. mighty mouth, untouchable, supreme team and so on so forth. but they sure are the first to be born from an IDOL freaking group. or maybe it won't be a trend because imagining the idol groups now... i doubt they have the swagger to pull it off. we'll just have to wait for the inevitable awesomeness that's about to hit us.

lol. sorry for the rant. btw, be careful to keep things on GD and TOP and not delve into BIGBANG as a whole too much yeah? it's a GTOP thread after all.

[EDIT]well, true. but people can be taught to rap just like they can be taught to sing and i think some idols catch on to the groove and flow of rapping while others are just not meant to rap. but y'know how it works. if it becomes a trend, and a lot of people buy it as in it's profitable... companies will force it out anyways even if it clearly doesn't work. just like how they force a cutesy image on groups that are clearly more edgy and force an edgy image on groups that are clearly cutesy. or force feed autotune onto every single thing. it's the dirty side of business. it's inevitable.

V

also, i think GTOP will be starting another trend. duo rap groups coming out of idol groups. sure, they aren't the first duo rap group out there. mighty mouth, untouchable, supreme team and so on so forth. but they sure are the first to be born from an IDOL freaking group. or maybe it won't be a trend because imagining the idol groups now... i doubt they have the swagger to pull it off. we'll just have to wait for the inevitable awesomeness that's about to hit us.

uhmm can you give me REAL RAPPERS from other idols/groups? cause i can't think of any REAL RAPPERS from other idols/groups, i think G-TOP are the only two REAL RAPPERS from idols/groups who aren't wannabes... :D

if someone raps from a group it doesn't mean that they really are rappers. in G-TOP case, RAP is their blood..

Guest peppermintsugar

uhmm can you give me REAL RAPPERS from other idols/groups? cause i can't think of any REAL RAPPERS from other idols/groups, i think G-TOP are the only two REAL RAPPERS from idols/groups who aren't wannabes... :D

if someone raps from a group it doesn't mean that they really are rappers. in G-TOP case, RAP is their blood..

In my opinion, Yong Junhyung is an amazing rapper, and it's actually surprising to see him in an idol group because he's not conventionally good looking, either. The difference is that GTOP can do everything, and do it well; people can try to argue that neither of them can sing but, I think they sing just fine. I think of Junhyung and I think "he's an amazingly talented rapper," I think of GTOP and I think "they're amazingly talented at everything they do."

Guest shinhdeplol

SBS Inkigayo “Artists who attended MAMA should be banned”, will G-TOP’s comeback be affected?

Big Bang members G-Dragon and TOP who formed a unit will release new music on the 15th. Meanwhile, their agency, YG Entertainment, has upset SBS ‘Inkigayo’ who have recently shown disappointment in YG. What SBS will do in response to G-Dragon and TOP’s comeback has attracted attention.

Among the music program broadcasters, SBS “Inkigayo” has maintained an exceptionally strong relationship with YG. As a result, of course YG artists have received a particular treatment for their comeback stages. Like the time when girl group 2NE1 performed “Go Away”, “Clap Your Hands”, and “Can’t Nobody” on “Inkigayo” taking up a whopping 11 minutes, while other music broadcasters such as KBS Music Bank and MBC Music Show only allowed them to perform 2 songs. Thus exposing SBS’s special “affection” towards YG’s artists. Fans and producers alike complained that “11 minutes is taking it too far”, “It was unfair for other artists”, showing their discontent. But SBS was indifferent to these claims.

However, recently YG and Inkigayo’s relationship has been strained because of YG’s attendance to Mnet’s award ceremony “2010 MAMA” last month. SBS said Mnet’s MAMA overlaped with their live broadcast schedule and disapproved of some of the artists who chose to participate in Mnet’s Awards. In fact, the majority of the companies understood SBS’s intention and didn’t attend the ceremony. However YG artists went ahead and participated which from SBS’s Inkigayo perspective who had given YG the most loyalty and affection, was a blow right to their head.

YG’s Yang Hyun Suk announced that the unit of TOP and G-Dragon would also go with the three-title-songs strategy like 2NE1 did. Only this time it’s still being contemplated whether SBS Ingikayo will support their appearances. Whether they will give them exceptional treatment like in 2NE1′s case has gained much attention.

SBS’s executive expressed their anger after they stated, “In my opinion, singers who attended Mnet’s ceremony should be unconditionally banned [from performing]“. The decision SBS Inkigayo will take regarding G-Dragon and TOP’s unit has drawn much attention.

Source: nate Translated By:alee @ ibigbang.wordpress.com

Shared by: eyryg @ omonatheydidnt

2196f2dab633871995ee37b0jpg.gif

db3cb3ffe4aa666f4e4aeab1jpg.gif

C: grateful-days.kr // BIG_wow @ baidu

They better let GTOP perform or I will go crazy <_<

Guest Michala01

They'd be idiots to not let them perform, YG would never let another one of his artists on there again....bigger loss to SBS I think. 

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS 

That's a astupid reason to ban GTOP. I mean, GD himself raised their

6% ratings to 17% last time. And BIGBANG alone attracts a lot of viewers.

They're gonna lose a lot if they do ban them. SBS, please choose wisely.

Guest inoue miyako

i need help from somebody.my friend will go to korea next month and i've thinking to ask her if she can help me buy some stuffs.i want to buy bigbang's crown lightstick,bandana and gtop's album.is it possible to find bigbang lighstick and bandana at any stores at korea?or i just can buy it at ygeshop?

They'd be idiots to not let them perform, YG would never let another one of his artists on there again....bigger loss to SBS I think. 

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS 

That's a astupid reason to ban GTOP. I mean, GD himself raised their

6% ratings to 17% last time. And BIGBANG alone attracts a lot of viewers.

They're gonna lose a lot if they do ban them. SBS, please choose wisely.

I agree to the both of you SBS is an idiot if they insist and it is not GTOP's loss it's SBS. SBS should really think of it twice.

ARE THEY EFFIN SERIOUS??

i hope not.

FIRST, they were not actively promoting their album on INKI that they shouldnt

attend MAMA. I really dont get why SBS is so butthurt. GET OVER IT.

Aigoo...i cant believe they are turning down a possible high rating episode of GTOP

because of their MAMA issue. STUPID.

and yesssssssssssss

6DAYS MORE TO GO!!!!!

POOOOOKIGAYO. POOOOOOOKIGAYO

V2CGm.gif

c:byronpinkberry@tumblr

ok shoot. YG LIFE took down the info regarding GTOP on SBS INKI this 26.

i am so pissed!

Archived