[SUB-UNIT] ♪♬♪ GD & TOP ♪♬♪

leslie_lei

Guest omgshinshin

here's the list of activities:

Dec 15 - release of high High, Knocking Out and Oh Yeah!

Dec 24 - release of the album and T Social Part Event

Dec 26 - Inkigayo Stage

Im not too sure if on the 15th they will be releasing the MVs too,

but most likely they will.

WHAT?? BB's going with the FLOW? they must be crazy for saying that. And yes a few names if i can only state too haha.

i love this part of his lyrics ""i was born with smokey eyes" so he's saying he dont need those eyeliner mini cooper to make him look cool OUCH. CHOI SEUNG HYUN you nailed it. I love TOP's writing skills too. im glad that they have this album to showcase their music genre...

as for SONG banned?

probably a lot in the album will be banned LOL

Thank you for the list.

I thought it was 14 but turns out it was 15. Now I wonder where I read that it's 14? Hm. Anyways. I hope the MV will be released on 15 as well. I seriously cannot wait for the MV with all those bunny costumes and such. Maybe Bae and Seungri could make a cameo appearance in the MV, haha.

It's sad since I won't have an internet access on the 24th to the 26th so that means I'll be missing out on the album release and the Inkigayo stage high of the first few days. However, hopefully! When 27 comes, I'll be back fresh and downloading the Inkigayo perf :D

Sadly, newbie Kpop fans are accusing BB of doing electro-house-ish songs only because it is popular and the way they dress too. Oh well, they started that trend so whatever. And they belittle GD and TOP's song writing because many idols also write songs but the thing is, it was only after GD writing BB's own songs becoming popular that other idols writing their own songs became a big deal. It is only after BB having been given a free reign on their own activities as in contributing in their albums and concepts did it become a huge trend that idols now be able to contribute in their songs.

Trend setters, i tell you.

Haha, it's especially sad that fans of these groups sees BB as just any other group and won't even acknowledge the inspiration their idols got from BB. They choose to be blind and deny it so what can we do? Anyways, it's not our problem.

I hope TOP wrote a song in there with a soulful melody like A Good Man... just because I love TOP's emotional lyrics, especially in Act Like Nothing is Wrong :)

If any of the songs get banned... haha. Not surprised but they'll find a way to go around it, I assume. Like how in MAMA 2010, they cut out the more 'belittling' lyrics off of Knocking Out. But in YGfam Concert, they sang it full out.

Anyhow, seriously cannot wait for it now.

(But of course, am more excited for January, haha. If I am this excited for GD and TOP's duo, what more for Seungri? Ah. Then FEBRUARY. /dies)

EDIT:

This has probably been posted already in the MAMA thread but just for the sake of this being the first post of the page:

k2xr0h.jpg

Also, because TOP is seriously cute in this.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G-Dragon & T.O.P to perform “High High” at “Christmas T Social Party”

20101207gdtop.jpg

The G-Dragon and T.O.P unit will be holding the first official stage for their title track, “High High“, through SK Telecom’s “Christmas T Social Party” on December 24th.

The duo first gave fans a taste of their collaboration work by performing a track off their upcoming album at the “2010 Mnet Asian Music Awards“. The album, “GD&TOP”, is scheduled to hit stores on December 24th.

G-Dragon revealed, “This album is filled with fun and exciting songs from a variety of genres, which includes electronic, funky, pop and hip hop sounds. As it is an energetic club performance, we are currently preparing a special stage that will be enjoyable for everyone.”

Source: Newsen via Nate || akp

---------------------------------------------------

Sadly, newbie Kpop fans are accusing BB of doing electro-house-ish songs only because it is popular and the way they dress too. Oh well, they started that trend so whatever. And they belittle GD and TOP's song writing because many idols also write songs but the thing is, it was only after GD writing BB's own songs becoming popular that other idols writing their own songs became a big deal. It is only after BB having been given a free reign on their own activities as in contributing in their albums and concepts did it become a huge trend that idols now be able to contribute in their songs.

OH SHOOT! who the hell are these "FANS"??? lmao.Really? they make me want to throw up so bad. Are they freakin DAFT? ugh i hate to say this but ive been in this KPOP world for a decade and most idols doesnt even care about writing their own stuff. Why the hell i only stan BIGBANG after a long time. But whatever. haha i dont care they are young and sometimes just too blind of their fandom.

Guest thysisabang

Sadly, newbie Kpop fans are accusing BB of doing electro-house-ish songs  only because it is popular and the way they dress too. Oh well, they  started that trend so whatever. And they belittle GD and TOP's song  writing because many idols also write songs but the thing is, it was  only after GD writing BB's own songs becoming popular that other idols  writing their own songs became a big deal. It is only after BB having  been given a free reign on their own activities as in contributing in  their albums and concepts did it become a huge trend that idols now be  able to contribute in their songs.

and one of the different from GD and other idols is the way that 'Lie , Haru Haru, Last farewell and other songs are the BIG HIT'

he got an award from his writing skill ,and got the acception from other senoirs and  songwriters and singers. and GD can make so many type of the songs.  not only pop , hiphop , r&B and electronic house but also trot(BIG HIT and look at me gwisoon, rock (oh my friend and she's gone,) and other as you can see in every album in the past,

even T.O.P,  I do love his lyrics too, espectially 'a good man' he wrote it with the bossanova style and even turn it up.

they are the real deal ^^

not just wannabe the real deal.

Im really anticipating this album from them. As for the people that diss GD (mostly) and TOP. I understand both sides on where they are coming from. I cant lie Im one of those people that got upset with Big Bang for their new sound. Im honest I didnt like it. I think I enjoy the solo efforts of the members more than full albums. Although Im anticipating the groups new album. I just want them to stray away from the auto tune affects a bit. But I think this album will be a bit hit.

I noticed some people saying that because BB wrote some of their own songs that other stars are doing it. Well I know pretty much all of the underground k rappers been writing their lyrics since forever. I wont name the names but. BB wasnt the only ones. (TOP was under ground at first)

Guest peppermintsugar

I'm loving this elitist kpop fan thread we have here, but let's be real for a second: whether you do or don't stan other idol groups doesn't even matter, because I'm a proud Shawol and B2UTY, but at the end of the day, Big Bang is the group that comes with the sickness. The illest songs, the illest raps, lyrics, looks, members, never afraid to push the boundaries or set the bar...usually, set a little too high for other groups to be able to even dream of hitting.

I love my other groups but at the end of the day, like I said, it's Big Bang all day, baby! They will always be Number 1!

** GD is saying that when “you” like other idols & singers, it’s ridiculous because even Gaho, his dog, is more popular than them. Which, because GD is Gaho’s master, makes him #1. lol

And lets be real; Leadah's got a point ;D

This album is going to blow so many other idol groups and artists completely out of the water, it won't even be a contest. It's like, such a delicious appetizer of things to come, and basically, I feel bad for other oppars LOL. The next couple of months would be a good time to go on hiatus I'm thinking.

I'm loving this elitist kpop fan thread we have here, but let's be real for a second: whether you do or don't stan other idol groups doesn't even matter, because I'm a proud Shawol and B2UTY, but at the end of the day, Big Bang is the group that comes with the sickness. The illest songs, the illest raps, lyrics, looks, members, never afraid to push the boundaries or set the bar...usually, set a little too high for other groups to be able to even dream of hitting.

I love my other groups but at the end of the day, like I said, it's Big Bang all day, baby! They will always be Number 1!

And lets be real; Leadah's got a point ;D

This album is going to blow so many other idol groups and artists completely out of the water, it won't even be a contest. It's like, such a delicious appetizer of things to come, and basically, I feel bad for other oppars LOL. The next couple of months would be a good time to go on hiatus I'm thinking.

As for blowing other albums out of the water. I really hope so. I been their fan since 2006 and I noticed a lot of the changes they did. Some were good to me some were really bad to me. But I really hope that old big bang that i once knew comes back and really does dominate. Nothing would make me happier. Id love to see it.

Guest juang_bb

at the convo going on here... just wanna say, IKR?? i've read a couple of stuff too how Big Bang is pretty much the same as your average idol groups as well as their music... im like, really?!? well, first it's not their fault if so many groups are starting to sound like them, but one thing's for sure, nobody sounded like that until Big Bang hit it BIG with LIES. clothing style... well, isn't it that in Korea, there's this thing called BIGBANG FASHION?!? where even stores that they don't endorse have a special section in their stores named Big Bang fashion, inspired by BB's skinnies, colorful street outfits and high tops.

i just love GTOP for saying how it really is, at least they don't go blabbing random BS in the public or something. they do it through their songs, so nobody can fault them with that. those two just have so much confidence, that it just oooooozzzzeeesssss out. :D

and excuse the hardcore stanning right now (casual visitors are prolly getting wrong signals from VIPs LOL), but damn we've waited YEARS for this. LOL!!! :lol: i dont really care... imma stan HARD and even HARDER when that comeback album drops. :P

Guest peppermintsugar

at the convo going on here... just wanna say, IKR?? i've read a couple of stuff too how Big Bang is pretty much the same as your average idol groups as well as their music... im like, really?!? well, first it's not their fault if so many groups are starting to sound like them, but one thing's for sure, nobody sounded like that until Big Bang hit it BIG with LIES. clothing style... well, isn't it that in Korea, there's this thing called BIGBANG FASHION?!? where even stores that they don't endorse have a special section in their stores named Big Bang fashion, inspired by BB's skinnies, colorful street outfits and high tops.

i just love GTOP for saying how it really is, at least they don't go blabbing random BS in the public or something. they do it through their songs, so nobody can fault them with that. those two just have so much confidence, that it just oooooozzzzeeesssss out. :D

and excuse the hardcore stanning right now (casual visitors are prolly getting wrong signals from VIPs LOL), but damn we've waited YEARS for this. LOL!!! :lol:i dont really care... imma stan HARD and even HARDER when that comeback album drops. :P

Basically this. People think VIP's are elitist now? Wait until something actually drops, like GTOP singles. Then it's really game over. I can't hide my stanning, and besides, it's not my fault that Big Bang is the perfect idol group :phew:

Besides, it's the same for any other groups fans. When something happens, everyones like "OMG THEY'RE THE BESTTTTTTTTT"

Only difference is that Big Bang actually is :3

Basically this. People think VIP's are elitist now? Wait until something actually drops, like GTOP singles. Then it's really game over. I can't hide my stanning, and besides, it's not my fault that Big Bang is the perfect idol group :phew:

Besides, it's the same for any other groups fans. When something happens, everyones like "OMG THEY'RE THE BESTTTTTTTTT"

Only difference is that Big Bang actually is :3

Were all gonna say our favorite groups are the best. Its still an opinion not a fact. But I do want this group to come back and shut up certain groups. I wont name those either but there is a girl group that needs to get knocked off their high horses. And im pretty sure big bang will do it. As for guy groups I dont much have a problem with them.

Guest juang_bb

^^^ well yeah, claims of anything being the best is an opinion especially everything kpop related. lol

i just know im gonna stan HARD when the boys comeback. i could care less what other people think *cough*elistist*cough* coz it's getting old. i personally think i probably have a limited attention span... i can't give my attention to more than 1 group at a time, that's probably why i just stan BB, LOL! :lol:

i cant wait for this GTOP album simply because, like i previously said, these two have a lot more to say and express and the songs they write is probably our only way of at least getting a glimpse of their personal thoughts, so im looking forward to it. based on how GD described it, we're getting a variety of music, which makes me even more excited.

Guest Michala01

Were all gonna say our favorite groups are the best. Its still an opinion not a fact. But I do want this group to come back and shut up certain groups. I wont name those either but there is a girl group that needs to get knocked off their high horses. And im pretty sure big bang will do it. As for guy groups I dont much have a problem with them.

Whilst that is true to some degree there does exist a degree of objectivity when looking at these things. It's not all subjective. If it were so then I could say something ridiculous like "well I think that Good Charlotte are a better band than the Beatles, I know they are". Sure, I would be entitled to that opinion, but is it based in reality? No of course not. 

Sorry to butt in but I just needed to say that. 

Anyhow I am quite literally dying waiting for this album. I feel like I can't concentrate on much else at the moment. I don't listen or have interest in other kpop groups (maybe 2ne1 sometimes) so this has been SO LONG COMING for me. Longest draught I've had to endure laugh.gif

Guest toozdae08

Don't get too stan heavy u guys - I thought we were going to save that for the lounge.

But I agree with Michala01 to an extent.

Like is someone tries to tell me some of these newer bands are on BB's level - I'm sorry but that's a joke to me.

If they say DBSK for instance (just throwing them out there, no disrespect), I disagree, but I can respect that opinion.

However, when someone says BB is just like *insert random newbie*, I just laugh. Like seriously?!?! No. That's literally a joke to me.

I am in love with everyone's posts in this thread. The stanning makes me happy. And we've yet to hear the GTOP album yet. I lay blame in the Knock Out song for awakening this crazy elitism so to speak. LOL. But really, who can deny those lyrics? So true. I can't resist posting here and agreeing to what everyone has posted before me.

I can only really stan this group and they will always be number 1 in my heart. Of course it doesn't help that they really deliver when they perform. We can't help but overflow with pride. Can't fight it honestly. And they haven't seen nothing yet. Just wait when Big Bang returns with Korean music they created one by one.

From what I'm seeing, people are already jumping into this bandwagon as soon as Big Bang stopped their Japanese promos and promised their return. And as we see them perform more and more especially when they're accompanied by newbies, more people get WHY VIPS are elitist and so darn proud of Big Bang.

Big Bang's specialty seems to be proving haters wrong. Cannot wait for the 15th. A little more time and our babies will rock that stage like nobody's business. Sorry, but Big Bang is number 1.

No matter what happens for this comeback, I'm still gonna be behind them. I didn't get into this fandom because they're popular. I got into Big Bang because they're mad talented and when they're on that stage, they make people feel alive and happy. Well, they do that to me.

EDIT: Just commenting on the GTOP album, I have a feeling this one's mainly for fan service and not so much profit oriented because in a way it's less commercialized. It's leaning more on hip hop which is not as easy to get into as say pop song. And we should also consider that they're releasing the album on holiday season when people are more inclined to listen to sentimental stuff plus they only have a couple of weeks before Ri's single is dropped and before Gayos take over normal programming. The way they're promoting it is more like guerilla marketing + word of mouth starting with High High MV making and their appearance in the club on the 24th. So, I'm not expecting so much out of it's popularity skyrocketing. Though High High is very upbeat and a club type of song, I feel like this GTOP album is a way to return to their roots but they're also upgrading their sound to a more modern one. And it also serves as way for BB boys to ease in slowly for their comeback.

Guest Michala01

No matter what happens for this comeback, I'm still gonna be behind them. I didn't get into this fandom because they're popular. I got into Big Bang because they're mad talented and when they're on that stage, they make people feel alive and happy. Well, they do that to me.

Same. When I first got into big bang I had never heard of kpop let alone knew that big bang were popular. I was watching their MV's and listening to their music for a while before I found the kpop fandom on the net and realised how huge they were. 

To make this more about GTOP, found this on dcinside, this time with cigars lol 

famcongdtop.jpg

Guest propera898

lol lol lol , i came here and the first thing i read from VIPs is so damn hilarious! kekeke its like you are all thinking the same as me lol xD i was smiling like a fool lol lol i think we are elitis after all , i mean its like this GTOP album has woke up that feeling again lol lol , .. but we do have a real reason for it , and nowant cant deny it!

i cant wait for the album! :D

I noticed some people saying that because BB wrote some of their own songs that other stars are doing it. Well I know pretty much all of the underground k rappers been writing their lyrics since forever. I wont name the names but. BB wasnt the only ones. (TOP was under ground at first)

I think that comment goes to some idol groups and does not include underground artist. We know that underground artists produces their own stuff. I hope that gets to be cleared

I wont name those either but there is a girl group that needs to get knocked off their high horses.

haha when i read this..i think i know who you're referring to. But im not that sure. My guess might be wrong.

Anyhow i see my girls are doing the ELITIST STANNING LMAO/XD now we get more haters here. But i agree to some point that its really annoying when BB gets to be compared and being branded as the ones being unoriginal. Just shows they're not even bothering to check the history of BB before saying something like that

Guest sakime-yong

Hmmmmmmmm should I voice out my opinion here? haha. Im just afraid that some fans or non fans will think that this fandom is BAD. but the truth is were not. VIP's were really friendly and not creating fanwars. It just that you know as A REAL VIP I will say this:

"I think VIP's were good in critics and have a different unique taste. It doesn't mean that the other fandoms don't have. But if you are a real VIP and mostly into BB you will get my point :D

I honestly don't stan or like other groups besides BB coz I really think BB has that thing that I don't see to others(well just my opinion). So I hope they don't accussed BB that they copy or etc and THAT THEY ARE JUST SAME LEVEL AS A NEWBIE?! who said that? loosers? ROFL.

I won't names those groups your referring too and that girl group O>o. I know it and don't hate me with it.

Yes I think Im one of the elitist coz I am sick and tired of hearing some kpop songs that are the same to me.

Anyway I also hope that when GTOP start the BB unique style of CB I really really wish BB fans will join force to support them 100%! Esp when they officially CB.and as for those flybirds.......... I know patience is virtue but to others are not. Im so disappointed esp when they say they love bb and a real fan etc then when they finally comebacks now they forgot them coz of their other new fandoms now :vicx:

AS FOR KNOCKOUT I REALLY LOVE THAT SONG AND THE LYRICS INDEED. For me GTOP or other yg artist are just creating they image as bad boys or the cocky one,coz they are hiphop ,but once you know them well they aren't really like that. That is why I love them they are down to earth and not just wannabe.

the lyrics is for that haters that they didn't mind them but they continue to attack them.I know ignoring them is much better but they wanna prove they humans too and not an idol that will just act good in the eyes of the public BOW.

Guest omgshinshin

I am officially blaming this side of the VIPs coming out on the lyrics of Knoking Out which is written by none other than GD and TOP themselves. If one song is like this, then what are the other songs going to be like?

I am happy that I am not alone in thinking these thoughts about the boys. It might be arrogant and well, 'elitist' but that's how we feel, isn't it?

They will be releasing something soon, surely we will all be like, "OMG THEY ARE THE BEST". "THEY SERIOUSLY ARE SO AMAZING." "THE OTHERS HAVE GOT NOTHING ON THEM". "OTHERS, GO ON HIATUS BECAUSE BB IS HERE!" Those comments sound so arrogant but that's how we feel.

And then people call us elitists when in fact, they do the same for their own biases. Why do they only call on VIPs then?

I personally think it is all just a matter of having proof backing up your claims that others become so insecure they hate on you and call you names.

Knocking Out has been performed and this discussion has come about already... which is nice and great since it's creating conversations and bringing together VIPs again. It's like how YG said, GD and TOP's album will ease the public into Big Bang's comeback come February.

On the sales and marketing: I agree with no1chronoptimist. This is more like a quick drop than anything else. A 'bridge'. And didn't YG say it himself? These songs are left overs from the official BB album? These other songs were cut out from the album but were just too good to be thrown away. They have obviously been tailored more for GD and TOP's style which will make it harder for mainstream to accept, just like how YB's album was hard to digest at first for the average Korean kpop listener. But this is them making music that they love and I can never object to that. Because as much as I know that I am the 'consumer' of this product, this product is also for themselves because this ain't just a mere 'product for them, it's their music, their passion as artists.

And @OnJong, I meant for idols, not underground artists. Underground artists are obviously the writers of their own songs but these mainstream singers are normally just being handed songs by their companies and idols have always been just the 'face' of a given 'concept'. It was not until Big Bang that idols were started to be given more light and recognition for their talent. Shinhwa has been writing their own songs ever since they got out of SM Entertainment but it was not a big deal. Their own compositions have not been their own group's title tracks (however, for Minwoo or M, he wrote songs for his album that became hits) and nobody but the fandom paid attention. With BB though, with the start of Lies, it became more pronounced. I hope it's okay now :) I was worried you misunderstood me.

Woah it took me awhile to read thru' all the opinions u guys have said :o But i do enjoy reading'em as i'm glad that u peeps here share the same sentiments as me.

I stan for Big Bang & even though i do like other boy groups once in awhile, I know that BIGBANG would ALWAYS be at the TOP. Frankly speaking, the boys as 5, might not be the best looking or best dancing grp out there. (understand tat some of u might not agree with that but that's just my opinion).

BUT HEY, their music, live singing, attitude, charisma, stage presence is just overpowering.

I have seen live perfs of BB & other currently popular grps b4. & srsly, BB is the real deal. :phew:

& sometimes i really hate it when ppl label them as "KOREA'S POPULAR IDOL BOY GROUP". The word "IDOL" really doesn't do justice to their multi-talents & the music they work on. I mean just how many "IDOL GROUPS" out there have all the members composing their own songs? The outsiders have no idea how much effort, time & sweat are taken to achieve what the boys have right now.

Some of my friends who r still new to KPOP would say *insert new boy groups* are good. & I wld always say "Just wait till you see Big Bang's comeback" :) How many of u have also got the same thoughts as me?

G-TOP Album: I rmb an article where CEO Yang was quoted saying that G-TOP's album consisted of songs that were initially supposed to be included in BB's 3rd album. Just imagine if G-TOP's album is gonna be so mind-blowing...then BB's album is gonna be DAEBAK!

I think us as VIPz share the same attitude as Big Bang. We dun care abt haters (just like the chorus for G-TOP Knock Out). We just do what we believe in AND that's BIG BANG VIPZ Attitude right? I'm proud to be a VIP! ^^

topyb2.gif

Guest thysisabang

<br />Im really anticipating this album from them. As for the people that diss GD (mostly) and TOP. I understand both sides on where they are coming from. I cant lie Im one of those people that got upset with Big Bang for their new sound. Im honest I didnt like it. I think I enjoy the solo efforts of the members more than full albums. Although Im anticipating the groups new album. I just want them to stray away from the auto tune affects a bit. But I think this album will be a bit hit.<br /><br />I noticed some people saying that because BB wrote some of their own songs that other stars are doing it. Well I know pretty much all of the underground k rappers been writing their lyrics since forever. I wont name the names but. BB wasnt the only ones. (TOP was under ground at first)<br />

as someone said , this is mention to Idols, not underground artists.

the old day YG had been underground and the first of GD album (the song name G-dragon) was underground and as u know Top is also from  underground too. this is the different between two guys from bigbang and other idols , cuz the others are people who trained to be a rapper for one of idol group , but these two guys are the rapper from underground who picked to be one of idol groups and tryna be the real artists and waitin for all people accept that truth.

how different from GD and other idol song writers?

as u know, he wrote almost or more than 100 songs nowadays, he got an award 'song writer of the years' , he had praised '1 of 8 best song writer of korea) and he made the songs to be the BIG HIT some of senior song writer accept and anticipate him.

it's overrated? ,

I think GD also think this is too much for him too, he always said he got something that too much for him to handle, he's not a genius but he is a hardworking man.

and if u come to kpop for long time, u must know that this guy make people in k-pop try to write their own song, espectially the new idols. who want to make their beautiful profile. some are good, some are not. but it's good to see people get an inspiration from him. In my country , there some artist who try to make his own song bcuz of GD too, he also bring the name of bigbang int the song and it's good the credit him like that. some idols in kpop mention them as their role model. someone says they are an inspiration.

don't u think these make the pressure to them? and that's why they try to make themself differently from the past.

one part of the song says 'i'll be raising my swag for some wannabe 'kwon jiyong' '

I think it's bcuz of those wannabes who make him to change himself differently everytime.

if u say u miss the old bigbang, you must know that they wrote the song like this for long long time, in la la la  they said something about the idol group with lips sync. In the song 'hot issues' it's a bit cocky with someting to call himself a perfectionist with no fail. it's a style of american music and underground song and if u don't like that , you must not read the translation of the song ^^.

Bigbang is so cocky in the song, but they are the real humble man in the real life. as u can see GD always bow his head with 90 degrees everywhere and TOP always humble every time he got praised. 

and sure, VIP are elitist, if people want to say that we are.

But u know?, We just say something that we really think . BIGBANG is not good for dancing in unison, the rappers have no the real good voice cuz they are not someone who can sing and trained to be rapper as the others, but they are the rapper who trained to sing and they just can sing, not the real deal.

and for taeyang , daesang ,seungri . the three guys are trying to write the song, not a professional too.

there are so many thing that not really good in BIGBANG , and we accept it. but in this thread , we just mention to something that BIGBANG ruled , some people who accept but not please call us elitist, and some people who not accept call us cocky.

that's all i think.  ^^

Archived