[SUB-UNIT] ♪♬♪ GD & TOP ♪♬♪

leslie_lei

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pixie Lott talks about GD&TOP @ 120426 ASIAONE Showbiz Interview (Singapore)

tumblr_m32zskD8dB1qzjb8ko1_500.jpg

Pixie Lott, K-pop ambassador.

A pop star in her own right in her native UK, with three No. 1 singles under her belt, she’s all set to fly the flag for Korean boy and girl bands.

First step?

Collaborating with G-Dragon and T.O.P. from K-pop quintet Big Bang on her new song Dancing On My Own, which will be featured in the Asian Deluxe version of her second album Young Foolish Happy, out in early May.

Lott drops by Singapore on May 18 for an invite-only showcase at Zirca.

She will be signing copies of her latest album Young Foolish Happy for fans on May 17 at Bugis Junction.

Speaking to LOUD over the phone from her home in London, Lott, 21, was enthusiastic about her love of the genre.

“I think it was the first time I went to Japan, and got to know about the bands that were starting to get big there,” she said.

“I just loved the whole vibe of it. The music videos are so crazy, so futuristic,” she said. “I was so interested in the whole craze, and how huge it had become.

“It’s a really fresh sound.”

Plotting a K-pop collaboration, she settled on working with the Big Bang boys, who were just as keen on partnering up with her.

“I became such a big fan of theirs (GD&TOP/BIGBANG), and when I heard that they wanted to collaborate as well, I was so excited,” said Lott.

Though the dance and hip-hop elements of K-pop are what she fell for initially, the collaboration is more of an R&B ballad, with G-Dragon and T.O.P. handling rapping duties.

“They have a great dance vibe, but I think it was cool for us to do something a little bit different,” said Lott. “I think it shows their fans something different as well.”

Though she met the boys in Japan during the Spring Groove festival earlier this month , she’s never been to Korea, and plans to swing by after her trip to Singapore.

Source: Asiaone

Taken from: ygfamilyy@tumblr

Guest samosvetleee

{NEWS} GD&TOP and other K - Pop Artists mentioned on LA Times ::

GDTOP.jpg

(omitted unrelated parts)

Poised at the intersection of two countries’ fast-moving pop cultures and cutting-edge media technology, the sprawling genre colloquially known as K-pop has operated outside the American pop limelight. But that’s changing. A-list producers like will.i.am, Diplo and Kanye West are lining up to work with South Korean artists like 2NE1, GD&TOP and JYJ.

(omitted unrelated parts)

The overwhelmingly single-gender bands, cast by talent agencies for Korean corporate label conglomerates like SM Entertainment and YG Entertainment, created fierce and ever-evolving loyalties — imagine picking your favorite Beatle or Rolling Stone if there were 10 of them.

Songs and especially videos were quickly passed over high-speed Internet and mobile devices several times faster than what’s available in America. Sites like AllKPop and magazines like KoreAm chronicled the exploits of the young, fashionable and lightly transgressive stars — when GD&TOP and pop singer Hyuna saw singles banned by South Korea’s major broadcasting networks, that made for delicious scandal. In August, Billboard launched a K-Pop Hot 100 chart to track the genre’s sales.

Read the full article "K-pop enters American pop consciousness" from LA times here

Source: LA Times via bigbangforlife.tumblr

Shared via BBU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived