Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

His caption is (deliberately? I know he likes his riddles) ambiguous, lol. It actually says, "I'm happy at all," which is incorrect grammar in both Korean and English. 전혀 is a word only used in negative constructions, yet he lacks an 안/not that should also be there. Maybe that is the only way to describe sitting in front of a prison fence topped with barbed wire when the wall behind you says 행복/Happiness, though... :) 

A 미결수 is a prisoner on trial. A happy/unhappy prisoner? Wish we'd hear more news about Big Mouth/Mouse!

• Like 2

@frozentundra, I was thinking the same thing! I was always taught that 전혀 is only used in sentences to intensify an already negative statement. Like, "저는 야채를 좋아하지 않아요" vs. "저는 야채를 전혀 좋아하지 않아요. ("I don't like vegetables" vs. I don't like vegetables at all.) So I was very confused by his caption. I tried finding information on other ways the word can be used, but couldn't find anything. They say it can also mean completely, absolutely, entirely, utterly, totally, etc. but every example is still a negative sentence. So I think it's used as sarcasm? Like the way we would say, "Yes, I'm totally happy. *eyeroll*" Korean fans said his caption was hilarious, so I think it was just a silly way of leaning into his character while pointing out how bizarre it is to write "happy" on a prison wall. It always takes me forever to figure out what he's talking about, but it's always so cute and clever when I finally work it out. :wub:

It's getting harder and harder to wait, isn't it? It's probably just me, but I keep seeing the same people releasing project after project.  Meanwhile, all the people I've been dying to see keep getting pushed back. I wonder why this is? Song Kang and Han Sohee have been in 5 dramas each since the pandemic started (and have new ones coming out now) but many others have been waiting this whole 2+ years and their projects still aren't getting released. Maybe you just need momentum? Honestly, it's hard to not feel jealous and like it's a bit unfair.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

Korean fans said his caption was hilarious

Yeah, a Korean fellow fan was telling me this, too, that his meaning was murky. It wasn't just my nonnative understanding! But I think he often posts ambiguous captions...he likes his little riddles, lol. 

He got to work right away as soon as he stepped out the door, and the pandemic and ensuing movie backup isn't his fault. He has roles and he's working hard! It's just bad luck that still none of them have been released yet. I really hope TVN prioritizes the drama. But it looks like he's still filming for a while. I saw on DC, the gallery there wanted to send him a support truck, only they were told there were others waiting in line ahead of them, so sit back and wait. 

I'm glad to see the post, though! Signs of life are good. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

But it looks like he's still filming for a while. I saw on DC, the gallery there wanted to send him a support truck, only they were told there were others waiting in line ahead of them, so sit back and wait. 

Is there any other reason people think he'll be filming well after February? I remember before the drama started that their schedule was set for August 2021 - February 2022. They started filming in the last days of August, so I just assumed they'd be finished before March. I also notice Jongsuk has a pattern of finally posting a solid glimpse at what he's been working on close to wrap-up. But lots of people seem to think filming will be until April/May. Maybe I missed something?

Twenty Five, Twenty One is premiering on tvN this week. After that, I believe Our Blues will be next. They're filming episodes 18, 19, and 20 right now but tvN already posted that it was coming soon. After that, I truly do believe Big Mouth could be next. The drama competing to come first is Return and they did start filming a month sooner, so I'm really not sure. Like you said, @frozentundra, I hope we get some kind of news soon. It would be easier to deal with if we could just know.

• Like 2

It feels like a looooooooong time to be filming from August into April/May! Just for a drama?? But that's the sense I have gotten from people, too. 

The support truck they want to send from DC gallery is for his debut anniversary. Maybe people are conflating the two and thinking it will go to the set? You're right that he does often post things towards the end of a project. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

• Like 2

NEWS

Posted by Susan-Han   6 hours ago

Co-stars Lee Jong Suk & YoonA are about to become the most stylish couple of the year as they land on the cover of 'Elle'

1644886317-20220214-elle.jpg

Co-stars Lee Jong Suk and YoonA of the upcoming new tvN drama 'Big Mouse' have graced the covers of 'Elle' magazine for the month of March!

In the brand new mystery/noir series 'Big Mouse', Lee Jong Suk and YoonA test out their chemistry as a married couple. Lee Jong Suk plays the role of a lawyer who is all talk and no action, nicknamed "Big Mouth" by his colleagues for his poor victory rate in the court room. Opposite Lee Jong Suk, YoonA takes on the role of an all-capable wife, the true brain behind her husband. 

For the upcoming March issue of 'Elle' magazine, Lee Jong Suk and YoonA took on signature items from this 2022 spring/summer season, exuding unrivaled class and aura as two representative icons of fashion in Korean entertainment.

Meanwhile, Lee Jong Suk and YoonA's full couple pictorial and interview will be available in the March issue of 'Elle'. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/02/co-stars-lee-jong-suk-yoona-are-about-to-become-the-most-stylish-couple-of-the-year-as-they-land-on-the-cover-of-elle

• Like 5

Lee Jong Suk And Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Talk About Their New Drama, Their Love For Acting, And More

Lee Jong Suk And Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Talk About Their New Drama, Their Love For Acting, And More

Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA are the latest cover models for Elle!

The two actors are currently filming the upcoming tvN drama “Big Mouth” (literal title), a hard-boiled noir series about a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius conman known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, he must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Lee Jong Suk will star as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer with a 10 percent success rate, and YoonA will play Go Mi Ho, a nurse and Park Chang Ho’s wife.

In the interview following the photo shoot, Lee Jong Suk talked about his character Park Chang Ho. He shared, “I met a character who I could describe as ‘very human-like.’ I wanted to show a different side of me, like my inner weakness.”

YoonA, who is approaching her 15th debut anniversary, was asked when she feels like she has grown the most. She replied, “I feel that when the person Im YoonA changes, it affects my performance or acting. My ‘true nature’ should be abundant with many things. I feel like I grow when I develop after experiencing new things and building them up.”

Lee Jong Suk and YoonA discussed their sincerity and affection about acting. First off, Lee Jong Suk talked about the sense of accomplishment acting gives him. He remarked, “I have a great sense of accomplishment from the fact that I have people who support me. The desire to repay them grows. The support I’ve received so far has changed my life a lot.”

YoonA mentioned her character in “Big Mouth,” saying, “After playing a role, it feels like another piece of data about humans has been added to my mind. In the process of thinking about how Go Mi Ho of ‘Big Mouth’ will cope with certain situations and feel certain emotions, my world expands.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1513049wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-girls-generations-yoona-talk-about-their-new-drama-their-love-for-acting-and-more

• Like 5

I'm curious why Elle Magazine has worked so fast to get these covers out. We were told that they would be interviewing Jongsuk on February 3rd. Then it was announced that they would be interviewing Yoona on February 6th. They do these interviews on the same day as the photoshoot, so that means they had around ONE week to do a print and video interview each, their photoshoots, editing, cover design, etc. That would be a lot of work for one cover model, and nearly impossible for more than that. For reference, when he was featured last year, they asked us for questions on January 21st (interview was released on February 26th) and he wasn't even on the cover. They usually give themselves a lot more time to get these things done. So if the drama isn't going to air anything soon, why not just wait until next month to feature them? 

In all honesty, I have never thought seriously about Big Mouth being released any sooner than August, so this is kind of throwing me off. I don't want to get my hopes up when so much has pointed to a later release, but all that quick work couldn't be for nothing, right?  Something to consider is that on February 9th, the lead in Our Blues (the drama most widely believed to be released next) tested positive for covid and production shut down. It's possible (since this is a 20 episode drama that is still filming) that it won't reach it's deadline for an April release with this interruption.

I'll be interested to see if official news is released in the next few days. Bulgasal premiered on December 18th and the news that Twenty Five, Twenty One would be the next drama was released 5 days later on December 23rd. That means it should be any day now. I don't have my hopes up, but it does seem like something odd is going on.

• Like 3

A 16-episode drama would air from April 10-May 29. A 20-episode drama would air until June 12th. So we are probably looking at mid-June, unless that initial report still stands and Return comes first. In that case, it won't be until August. I hope news comes out soon so we can have a better idea, but I do wonder if the recent covid situation is switching things around last minute. 

• Like 4

I know people active on stage and screen (not particularly Korea) and the covid thing has and continues to wreak havoc on all plans. After all...it's not like you can just...work from home or something. I know TVN has been growing their OTT service (TVING), but still, they've had a very large roster of projects and maybe it's partly like that so they can easily drop something else in place if covid impacts the schedule of this or that project? Well, that's just a guess, I have no idea. But in any case, if they are starting promo activities with interviews and photoshoots, it can't be TOO far off. You do advertising too far in advance, and people forget. You need that sweet spot where you have time to build buzz without it getting old. 

• Like 4

That's a really good point about projects being filmed close together in the event that covid would impact their schedule. Return started filming in July, but the lead dropped out after filming began and then they were hit with a few cases of covid. Then they had 2521, Our Blues, and Big Mouth all starting production at the same time. I believe they all started filming in late August, early September. Maybe the schedule has been so fluid for this reason. Since they all started filming at the same time, they all have the ability to air when it's necessary. That's why Elle Magazine working so quickly to get these covers out has me suspicious. I can't stress enough how much work that is for their staff to do in such a short amount of time. And you're right. It isn't smart to start promo too early and I rarely, if ever, see them do that. 

ETA: 

So unless she's mistaken (which is not likely), Our Blues will be the next drama to air on tvN. That means we are looking at mid-June, unless all the reports we're seeing about the first half of the year are bogus. I just hope we'll get a better idea in the next few months so we aren't in the same position come April. I'd like to find out what the date is and just look forward to it.

• Like 4

Elle interview (with English subs) is out! See Elle's YT page:

What a sweet human bean. I love his acting, but I also love that there is the person Lee Jong Suk in the world. Think many can identify with someone who is a little shy, yet tries hard and conquers with a smile. I hope we get to see his work SOON for our benefit, and I hope he finds all the happiness he dreams of in his real life as well. 

• Like 5

What a sweet baby. I just love how thoughtful, honest, and soft-spoken he is. Something that always stands out to me in interviews is how much he remembers. He's always recalling questions he's been asked, ways he's answered them, and things he said to us once upon a time. It's amazing how emotionally invested he is. You can tell the things he says are true and that they matter to him. 

I'm so sorry to hear about his dog (I still mourn mine after 2 years) and his knee. I know he always wears his heart on his sleeve and that often leads to us feeling concerned, but I do hope he has a good support system in place. The fact that he's been unable to connect with fans, travel, share his work, etc. must take some of the wind out of his sails. That being paired with longing for things he doesn't have, as well as growing pains as he gets older... I just hope the people in his life are giving him smiles and hugs as often as possible and I hope we're able to do the same again really soon.

• Like 5