Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

enemiescollage2c.jpeg

girlfriday: We promised more Dramabeans Top 10s and now we’re back! Year-end shenanigans kept us busy for a while there, but it’s a brand new year and there are many more dramas to be watched!

javabeans: Our last Top 10 focused on friends who became lovers, so what better counterpart than ye olde dramaland favorite, enemies to lovers? There’s just something to be said about that crackling energy in the air, the bicker-bicker-bicker back-and-forths, the sparks that start out full of anger and hate before turning to the happier kind…

girlfriday: …Mind you, this is no model anyone should be endorsing for real-life romance, but sometimes hate is irresistible.

javabeans: The bickering courtship is a staple of dramaland and you’ll find it in just about any romance story, so we had to narrow our focus down for this list—we skipped the couples whose initial conflict was relatively mild and focused on couples who had a particularly antagonistic dynamic, otherwise we would have had a Top 100 list instead.

girlfriday: Yes, we went with hate in the form of high treason, deep-seated betrayal, generations-long animosity between families, or just plain hatey vitriol. In other words, the foundations of any healthy, long-lasting relationship.

Enemies of the State

1. Gaksital (2012)

gaksital.jpgHeadsNo2: There are differences, and then there are ideologicaldifferences, which can inspire whole new levels of antagonism—which is why your mother always warned you to never talk politics at the dinner table. Set during the Japanese colonial era of the 1930s, the romance at the heart of Gaksital focused on two people who couldn’t be any further apart on the ideological spectrum, with a heroine fighting for Korean independence and a pro-Japanese anti-hero determined to stop her.

That is, of course, until he ended up donning the infamous bridal mask himself, effectively becoming the figurehead of the independence movement overnight. When wearing the mask, he was the hero who represented everything the heroine was fighting for. When he wasn’t, he was nothing more than a vile traitor as far as she was concerned, and the real conflict came when he couldn’t reveal his true identity to her. You can think of it as being kind of like Superman, only better. Yeah, I said it.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

Rather than the enemies to lovers romance, I prefer the friends to enemies bromance better :phew: :P :D :w00t:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ctfrsgp said:

Jaecheon ssi posted this pic of Cutie on his IG :) hope he will post more of such BTS pics of Wonnie.:D

can anyone make this brighter? 

This must be taken some time ago....he doesn't seem to be wearing pants :w00t:

I mean he looks like he's wearing board shorts or something 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

can anyone make this brighter? 

This must be taken some time ago....he doesn't seem to be wearing pants :w00t:

I mean he looks like he's wearing board shorts or something 

Does this help?

jcig_zpszwslns3p.png

Got pants la.

• Like 6

What is this search for Joo Won's wife you all are talking about? You guys made me resurface from deep in the moat just to tell you all that such search is no longer necessary because I am already here. LOL! (okay don't kill me. Let's all share him. Hahaha) But if you guys are making Joo Won's future drama, how about a romcom between a top star like Cutie and how he falls in love with his fangirl? I volunteer for that spot! Hahahahahahaha! I'd love for him to succeed in a romcom but one with substance or not your usual romcom. He shines better in darker, heavier roles so I want him to challenge himself some more and prove that he can be that much awesome in a romcom. Just please let him have a great, preferably around his age, partner and awesome plot! 

I'm still wishing he'd do an epic sageuk, but at this point in time I just want him to do any type of drama. I just miss seeing him on my screen so much!!! I was soooo used to him announcing his next project right after the other so this is all new to me. Is this what fans of other actors experience when their bias takes a long time deciding on a project? How am I supposed to survive when he enlists??? T______T we should have a rewatching schedule made and then discuss everything once again. Hahahaha! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

• Like 8

I just read that the cast of Reply 1988 was "kidnapped" by Na PD for the new season of YOF in Africa, and just watched the ep 4 of YOF Iceland. How I wish Na PD and his team will also "kidnap" uri Cutie for a fun trip with some of his fave hyungs where they have lots to eat... really miss seeing Wonnie being himself outside a drama/movie ^_^:lol::w00t:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ctfrsgp said:

I just read that the cast of Reply 1988 was "kidnapped" by Na PD for the new season of YOF in Africa, and just watched the ep 4 of YOF Iceland. How I wish Na PD and his team will also "kidnap" uri Cutie for a fun trip with some of his fave hyungs where they have lots to eat... really miss seeing Wonnie being himself outside a drama/movie ^_^:lol::w00t:

OH MY GGGGG! Where can I watch YOF with eng sub online??? Did the YOF Reply 1988 cast episode air already??? I'm so excited!!! 

3 hours ago, Kate Jolie said:

OH MY GGGGG! Where can I watch YOF with eng sub online??? Did the YOF Reply 1988 cast episode air already??? I'm so excited!!! 

The new season with the R1988 cast not filmed yet or just started filming I think. Currently telecasted is the the 4 guys including Jung Woo, Jo Jung Suk, Kang Haneul and their sunbae, travelling in Iceland. I watch it with Chinese subs.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kate Jolie said:

Hey! Go to Ryu Jun Yeol's thread on soompi. The girls there are very up to date on the YOF. It's to be aired in mid Feb.

Spoiler

21 hours ago, ctfrsgp said:

Yeah I miss him being himself too. Thats why I think those 2 years on 1n2d are gold. We'll probably never going to see him on a variety show like that anymore because he's also a bit wary of variety after his 1n2d stint. Yaaas, Joowon shoulda totally be kidnapped this time to Iceland. Aren't those his Altarboyz buddies? Minus R94 Jung Woo, of course.

---

Edit: thanks for the correction @ctfrsgp That line above should read Spring Awakening, not Altarboyz

• Like 6

4 hours ago, callmegiggles said:

Hey! Go to Ryu Jun Yeol's thread on soompi. The girls there are very up to date on the YOF. It's to be aired in mid Feb.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I miss him being himself too. Thats why I think those 2 years on 1n2d are gold. We'll probably never going to see him on a variety show like that anymore because he's also a bit wary of variety after his 1n2d stint. Yaaas, Joowon shoulda totally be kidnapped this time to Iceland. Aren't those his Altarboyz buddies? Minus R94 Jung Woo, of course.

It would have been a "Spring Awakening" reunion with JJS and KHN, not "Altarboyz". 

• Like 6

I miss Joo won so much...I miss his acting. :( I have 2 other Chinese actors to entertain me as their movies and dramas are coming out in 2 weeks times and have tons of updates.Still,I am longing for Joo Won's presence! How pathetic is that my 2 other fav actors can't fill the place left by Joo Won.How am I going to survive  the coming 2 years...Joo Won Oppa ah,Please take kdrama/movie project already. TT

• Like 5

Ceci Magazine Interview – Smiling Conqueror Joo Won

AZjMTBp

When performing in dramas, movies and musicals, Joo Won always seeks continuous improvement. In real life, he is even kinder, more diligent and dedicated, winning every single person over with his unique charm. Probing into Korean actor Joo Won’s rational and emotional sides.

To read the rest, pls go here> https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2016/01/24/ceci-magazine-interview-smiling-conqueror-joo-won/

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

Hmmm...with casting news and announcement of dramas lined up appearing every week and no mention of JW,  i wonder if we can still hope to see JW onscreen in first half of 2016. *sigh*

I'm worried.. esp when I read news of another 1987er Lee Seung Gi announcing he will enlist in Feb only last week. I hope JW doesn't do this to us :sweatingbullets:

No drama lined up seems suitable for him. I thought the drama directed by Gaksital's director may be a good one for him but someone else is confirmed in it now.  And many new dramas are going to be pre-produced for second half of 2016 broadcast. If he does one, we have to wait several monthsssss to see him on our screens. If he doesn't, he has to go through another live-shoot :(

I think I can only look forward to "Love Express" (I love his hairstyle in this!!!) and pray hard to "movie gods" that he can at least do 1 decent movie before he enlists. :)

• Like 4

Like you, @sagaseed, I got nervous hearing about Seunggi's enlistment. Meant that Joowon's time is approaching. But hey, isn't Yoo Ah In a 1986er and he's still filming?

I hope the next project Joowon does has a large chunk of preproduction. Yongpal schedule was just too grueling and his Healing Camp interview was heartbreaking. Poor thing having to go through filming on IV drips. His Daesang speech as well... Too heartbreaking.

• Like 6

Just saw this on IG. News about cutie turned down MBC's Monster (which has since taken by Kang Ji Hwan, also from SimEnt) and another SBS drama which Im not sure what is the title in English... is it "Daebak"?

Does this mean he may return to dramaland in another KBS drama? I just checked on http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Upcoming_KDrama the only drama is still pending casting and is scheduled for Apr telecast is KBS' "God of Noodles"... I rem that manga pic of this drama that I saw in Dramabeans... my imagination is starting to run amok... Lollll :w00t: :D :phew:

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, ctfrsgp said:

cutie turned down MBC's Monster

I think taking on a 50 ep drama will suck up all his time with none for movie. Besides, I am kind of weary of any melo, revenge drama. However, Monster might really be a hit since the Koreans love such genre. It's a huge risk though. If it succeeds, all and well. If it tanks, gosh, imagine being stuck in a monster of a failure for 50 eps. Too painful. I think I have to agree with his decision. 

Is he thinking of taking a role which is nothing like what he has done before? I can only anticipate feverishly. 

@ctfrsgp, you went through all the pending dramas? Only one left is God of Noodles? I don't know anything about that but it's scary to think there's hardly anything left. I wonder what is the SBS drama which he turned down? Oh wait, if it's Daebak, then they are offering it to Jang Geun Seok. It sounds interesting but the writer does not have a good record. Hmmm.....will he consider cable? These days, cable are winning over some dramas from the big 3, in absolute numbers and really, that's no small feat. 

eh....the manhwa has the lead character topless, making noodles? I think my interest just went up a few strands. 

• Like 7