Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

34 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

JooWon ah... how come every other person got update on new drama in Korea except yooooooo??  :bawling:

너 보고십다구요...

Does feel like it, right? But actually, if we just look at the 87ers who people are assuming MUST do a drama before enlisting, there's still Lee Min Ho(offered some drama, can't remember), Kim Soo Hyun, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Jong Suk(offered not confirmed)...unless of course, Joo Won does a Lee Seung Gi on us :dizzy:

oh wait LJS and KSH are younger? So next year? Then that leaves JCW and JW that I can think of. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

Does feel like it, right? But actually, if we just look at the 87ers who people are assuming MUST do a drama before enlisting, there's still Lee Min Ho(offered some drama, can't remember), Kim Soo Hyun, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Jong Suk(offered not confirmed)...unless of course, Joo Won does a Lee Seung Gi on us :dizzy:

oh wait LJS and KSH are younger? So next year? Then that leaves JCW and JW that I can think of. 

I shall be mean and say, "Who cares about..." :P I JUST WANT JW NEWS!!! Wait. What did Lee Seung Gi do?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

What did Lee Seung Gi do

He left without doing a drama, so his fans were disappointed. But then I always thought of LSG more as an all round entertainer than actor. Of course if I am his fan, I might think and feel otherwise. I'd be very surprised if JW enlist without doing a drama....however as more and more dramas are lined up and confirming cast and like you said, no sign of Joo Won, I can't help but get nervous. 

• Like 6

Weibo Message: 这一刻,无比轻松。尽力了,没有什么比问心无愧更让人坦荡。感恩[心]世间的每一次相遇......#爱情也包邮# 里共度三个月的每一位,后会有期 See you again……

48ff385djw1f0o8hstcz0j20qo0qoag2.jpg

Credit: 邓家佳 via. Weibo

I'm pretty relieved Love Express is wrapping up or did already, lol... hopefully we'll hear more news when he comes home.
Until then, we'll wait for the fan event meeting in Thailand. Isn't that approaching?

Honestly, I miss those days when he updated his Instagram often more so than... just lately. :tears:

I hope to hear news soon about anything related to Cutie. 
He's really considerate though of his fans so he won't leave us out of the loop once he's home. Haha.

:bawling: We miss you so much.

• Like 8

I don't know if I am the only one feeling this way, I keep wondering if JW made the right choice in turning down Monster. Honestly, I was never keen on the drama when I first read the synopsis. Eh...let's put it this way, kdrama revenge often tends to very makjang and boring. The protagonist usually gets buried under truck loads of infliction, setbacks, tragedies before he gets his day by which my interest has sunk deeper than 6 feet. But the Koreans really love their makjang and revenge stories. 

The most possible reason why Joo Won turned it down would be the length and I can't imagine him going through YP three times over. Now, I just have to hold my breath and see if that was a good enough reason or cost to avoid. 

I hope and this is purely without basis, that he has found or expects another project which is more in line with his interest or schedule. Something new and challenging? A normal length drama of say 16 eps which will allow him to do a movie before or thereafter? 

Time flies, I didn't think filming Love Express would be over so fast but I am not complaining. He looks totally fine and Jaecheon has gone back to shape. 

I have just finished Nirvana in Fire. Never thought I would watch another C drama and even better, finished 54 eps in 2 weeks! China doesn't need to produce everything of quality like NIF, they just need to churn out a few of such a year and they might just create the next wave. Yet, it's very different. I have zilch knowledge of Chinese entertainment and actors. and I wonder if they can appeal internationally like the hallyu wave? Korea intentionally create their huge export, not sure about China because they need not. Their domestic market is enough. Be it K or otherwise I only hope there's more quality dramas, roles and opportunities for Joo Won. 

• Like 5

When I see the news of Monster, I feel a bit Jealous. First,it has Park Ki Woong. Amazing actor who can also bring the the best from his nemesis in drama. Also Who doesn't want Our LKT-Shunji reunion. Next is guest appearance of Chen Bolin. It shows the scale of the drama production. It is HUGE! With high profile female leads and supporting casts. This drama is taking everything seriously. But this is Joo Won choice. I will support. In fact, I still feel this the story is still more or less ordinary despite all other good things. 

Joo Won has said it. When he choose a drama,he looks at his character and the whole story line,Nothing else.(Except SIM went crazy and force him to choose the projects that they like,then no choice)  He must have felt that this story is common in Kdramas and rejected it.

Koala listed out a few dramas without male Leads.I am interested in Moonlight Drawn by The Clouds.But even that one does not make me feel super excited at all. Just small interest...Other sounds very boring to me. I hope Joo Won announces his project soon.

• Like 4

Did you guys hear my cries around the globe? Yeah that was me bawling because we were this close to getting 'da reunion.' Alas, I will trust Joowon on this and just wipe my tears while I wait for news. *goes to watch my favorite kangto×shunji scenes*

ps. monster really seems boring to me though so.... yeah one tear less to shed I suppose

• Like 4

I wonder if he knows his two hyungs Shunji and Chief Lee are casted in Monster. His onscreen appa in Baker King is casted in Daebak too. What a happy reunion if he had chosen either drama. I think I'm the only selfish fan who had hoped JW take up the long length drama Monster. He will be very tired but I get to see him in a 50 hours drama! Monster seems to be the type of drama that gives safe ratings and the writer's track records isn't bad. Monster's settings and male lead character seems to be quite different from his previous dramas too. In fact I was thinking this role (based on the released character descriptions) doesn't require him to learn skills such as baking, fighting, piano, violin and surgical procedures..Haha 

He has fan meetings in Feb and these 2 dramas he rejected will begin production in Feb. Perhaps that's why I keep thinking he could have rejected good roles due to conflicting schedules. Just my guess, pls don't quote me :) of course, we will never know the real reason.

He said in his Daesang speech he will act in another drama for his granny to watch right? I hope he can get a good script soon. As the clock is ticking, I will be very happy even if it's a 2 hours movie!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, gilaswan said:

He skipped on the opportunity to work with Park Ki Woong? 

We don't know if he knew that PKW would be in the drama when he was offered the role. 

6 hours ago, sagaseed said:

Chief Lee are casted in Monster.

onscreen appa in Baker King is casted in Daebak too.

They appear in more dramas sometimes consecutively or concurrently even. So, while I think he loves to work with these veterans, he won't choose a project based on their participation. Frankly, I wonder that even about PKW. I agree with @Ma OO about the way Joo Won chooses his project. 

he could have rejected good roles due to conflicting schedules

He has done fan meetings while filming a drama so fan meets aren't issues. 

We'd never know why he rejected Monster unless he would come out and say something like he's going to enlist soon. 

There's a dearth of well written dramas and good scripts. Things that caught my interest are on cable which I doubt JW would do, maybe not now. There's a recent one on SBS which I  thought might be good but I don't think he'd be offered that. The fact that SBS offered Monster to JW first shows that they value him because Monster looks like a drama which SBS is serious about. I hope there was no harm to any goodwill when he turned it down. He should not be choosing projects to please any station but you know how these things are. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I was also quite concerned that he turned SBS down, but let's trust in his PR skills... He's no longer a rookie and should know his way around the industry well. 

er.....I am kind of betting he's considering a SBS project. Let's see....

• Like 2