Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Entertainment Weekly interview with Chinese subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4W62H8Nb9I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

cr. JooWon LaLa

I'm glad that cutie brought up a very important point which is he hopes tat Good Doctor will raise the awareness that one should not look down on ppl who hav autisim. I personally feel that it is not fair for ppl to look down on others who hav limitations in their abilities, be it intellectually or physically. I do not quite like to regard them as disabled or to see them perceive themselves as being abnormal. It is true that they are different but as long as they do not give up on themselves they still can have the chance to live a perfectly normal life as any one of us (though with some inconveniences). First one has to love oneself before others love them. Self pity does not make others respect oneself more.

I prefer to see the positive possibilities rather than the negatives. It is just like how you perceive half a glass of water - do u choose to see it as half filled or half empty?

@ellasam81 How about dentures which you remove while sleeping and when you are at home however you would use them when you are outside the house? My grandmom used to do that.

I also ask then but they said I can't mAke any kind of denture as they will get loose and later Scared got stuck in my throat as. I can't control my head

Sorry to say out my frustration here just ignore the post non related to cutie

and thanks for your advice

Thanx @mulberry9 , @chezhen , @chrissy96 and @jeonghyang and @simplydramafied1082 (your username is very difficult to type, did I get it right?) for the link.

It has settled now that that this is an Autistic Savant and NOT Savant syndrome....grrr..they should have done some study with all the medical term.

Although I am bit disappointed... I will have to endure my scepticism while watching this drama. :(

I promise not to criticise too often of any medical/surgical related flaws....I am sure its gonna be many :D

anyhow lets enjoy the show ok

@ezze let's take the ride and enjoy it for what it is! We'll worry later on ;)
Like what I shared with @mrdimples, JW (if it happens/when it happens) should not be faulted for inaccurate depictions of an autistic savant, savant or autistic anything for the matter. First of all, K-dramas do not run like the top-notch productions from the US. The mainstream broadcasters have breakneck schedules, therefore there is lesser time for research & prep. See the quality disparity between most dramas from KBS, SBS, MBC and cable networks like TVN, JBC, OCN?  As long as a drama is tight around the edges, viewers are forgiving and can even overlook certain flaws. Take for example, IHYV- there has been so much consistency as a whole that ppl are willing to close an eye regarding the law aspects/court scenes which have been deemed as unrealistic. Why? Simply because there is so much enjoyment value in the other aspects like plot, character growth, the romance. It is only when a production is sucky on all levels that ppl tend to nitpick. 
I totally see where everyone's concerns are coming from, knowing that we all love JW and that we hope he does well. But the lower our expectations, the better for our hearts.  

@ezze

I know it's hard for you to digest all the glaring mistakes that the drama will make but let'is just forget/forgive them.This is a drama for entertainment purposes.dramatic effects and nonsensical explanations(in terms of science) will be definitely involved.I am just glad that it is trying to rise awareness for autism,at least some educational information will be included .No matter what,general public will not understand difficult terminology that medical fields uses.It will be irritating for audience if the drama is to follow every terms and put explanations for every scene.This is not documentary.

I also don't think Joo Won should be balmed if he did not do well in this role.Nobody has done this kind of role before,a savant doctor.I just want him to enjoy the process and learn from it.

@coolreborn big leader thanks for your comfort

And @ezze thanks for your care and concern

I think I will have to make some mental preparation For worse Ba

Ok back to cutie thing

Hmmm to me cutie s all Along so cute when he speak and Soft spoken and it seem he s so well manner when he speaks like a good little boy which make me feel vvv cute to look At him and hear him speak

Aiya over all all over his body s just so cute

He s so naturally cute and childlike that I dnt find disgusting to look at as some time i look at guys act cute really wanna give them a punch

Just can't stand see guys acting cute

But for cutie I think he s nature and gentle so when I look at him he s everywhere s so cute lo

But by just seeing his smile rly comfort me alot

Hmmm now I think twice if he come to sg no matter how ugly I m I will want to see him once as to show my support to him

And I think look does matter but not everything I just need to accept it and live on

ezze said:

It has settled now that that this is an Autistic Savant and NOT Savant syndrome....grrr..they should have done some study with all the medical term.

Although I am bit disappointed... I will have to endure my scepticism while watching this drama. :(

I promise not to criticise too often of any medical/surgical related flaws....I am sure its gonna be many :D

anyhow lets enjoy the show ok

@ezze let's take the ride and enjoy it for what it is! We'll worry later on ;)

Like what I shared with @mrdimples, JW (if it happens/when it happens) should not be faulted for inaccurate depictions of an autistic savant, savant or autistic anything for the matter. First of all, K-dramas do not run like the top-notch productions from the US. The mainstream broadcasters have breakneck schedules, therefore there is lesser time for research & prep. See the quality disparity between most dramas from KBS, SBS, MBC and cable networks like TVN, JBC, OCN?  As long as a drama is tight around the edges, viewers are forgiving and can even overlook certain flaws. Take for example, IHYV- there has been so much consistency as a whole that ppl are willing to close an eye regarding the law aspects/court scenes which have been deemed as unrealistic. Why? Simply because there is so much enjoyment value in the other aspects like plot, character growth, the romance. It is only when a production is sucky on all levels that ppl tend to nitpick. 

I totally see where everyone's concerns are coming from, knowing that we all love JW and that we hope he does well. But the lower our expectations, the better for our hearts.  

Yes... totally agreeing with my friend D. Ive said before last yr bef the telecast of 7G, and I will say it again this year for GD - letz just enjoy the drama & don't think too much. Dramas are mainly for entertainment. If one wants informative shows with factual accurarcy on the topic, then go watch documentaries... even though some may oso not be 100% accurate.

Also, letz see it this way... if main objective of this new drama GD is to focus and present the medical facts of autism and Savant Syndrome, I wld think the target audience will be very small bcoz serious medical themed dramas will not likely be appealing to the mass market audience. Not many halmonims and ahjummas or even noonas like myself can appreciate this kind of dramas no matter how well made they are. When i watch a drama i watch it for entertainment but which are not necessarily nonsensical. Thatz why I still like 7G and dun consider it a failure for Joo Won, even though the plot abt the NIS theme sucked. Itz entertaining in the rom-com aspect afterall, at least to me.

ctfrsgp said:

daydreamsindecember

wrote:

»

@ezze

let's take the ride and enjoy it for what it is! We'll worry later on

;)

Like what I shared with

@mrdimples

, JW (if it happens/when it happens) should not be faulted for inaccurate depictions of an autistic savant, savant or autistic anything for the matter. First of all, K-dramas do not run like the top-notch productions from the US. The mainstream broadcasters have breakneck schedules, therefore there is lesser time for research