Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest Vodoleiskaya

Сoolreborn ,thank You very much for the link .... very pleased to see the latest issue of our cutie ... 
o11QDsb6HKg.jpg

Guest pandora460

ezze said:

daydreamsindecember

said: @ezze let's take the ride and enjoy it for what it is! We'll worry later on

;)

Like what I shared with @mrdimples, JW (if it happens/when it happens) should not be faulted for inaccurate depictions of an autistic savant, savant or autistic anything for the matter. First of all, K-dramas do not run like the top-notch productions from the US. The mainstream broadcasters have breakneck schedules, therefore there is lesser time for research

pandora460 said: ezze said:

daydreamsindecember

said: @ezze let's take the ride and enjoy it for what it is! We'll worry later on

;)

Like what I shared with @mrdimples, JW (if it happens/when it happens) should not be faulted for inaccurate depictions of an autistic savant, savant or autistic anything for the matter. First of all, K-dramas do not run like the top-notch productions from the US. The mainstream broadcasters have breakneck schedules, therefore there is lesser time for research

Guest mydeed

Just for viewing pleasure - our little Park Shi On played by Choi Ro Woon. This is a BTS clip from his upcoming movie "Misaeng". He is sooooooooo cuuuuuuuttttteeeee :)

http://www.hancinema.net/video.php?table=film&id=31468

Cute. "Coming soon....." :-) :-)

Guest v1n3leey

IMO, I don't think it's wrong to use the term "Savant Syndrome". Based on my research on the internet, its definition is "a condition in which persons with various developmental disabilities, including Autistic Disorder, have astonishing islands of ability or brilliance that stand in stark, markedly incongruous contrast to the over-all handicap."(source:http://www.autismtoday.com/articles/SavantSyndrome.htm)

I came across many sources stating that  "‘savant syndrome’ is considered to be a more accurate term than ‘autistic savant’ as savant skills are occasionally found in people with other types of diagnoses (such as intellectual disability) and in people without a disability." (source: http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Autistic_savant) So, I assume the term autistic savant maybe somewhat misleading to the general public even though Joo Won's character Park Shi On is indeed autistic.

Now, I know sources from the internet may or may not be reliable but I would just like to share what I learned from my research. Of course I don't expect "Good Doctor", like any other drama, to be 100% realistic and accurate in all aspects. I just hope it can successfully bring awareness and convey a meaningful message to the viewers.