[Drama 2010] Naughty Kiss / Playful Kiss 장난스런 키스

Guest mijoong

Guest kuichai

From what I've read so far, many of you seem to be worried about KHJ and JSM's acting ability and compatability in comparison to the Taiwanese version. Don't you think we should be a bit less serious about it and wait and see how it will eventually turn out? I have decided to erase the Taiwanese version completely from my memory and look forward to watching the new Korean version the way it is. Afterall, it's healthy to be open-minded and less biased.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the starting this thread dear, i was just thinkin of finding this thread till i got directed to here by another thread. will be lookin forward for more updates.

anywayz cant wait when it comes out, ive watched TW version of ISWAK, and for some reason i always cringe when i see the main female lead over panic. maybe its just me but i dunno. ;)

if u want to watch the TW version, you can also watch it here

Muchkinz, Thank you for sending me this link. I have watched 4 episodes (there's a lot of episodes) and I am loving this drama. The Taiwanese pair have good chemistry and this is too funny/cute to watch. I even like the parents in this drama. The mother is funny at how she keeps trying to pair them together. The girl's friends/classmates are all very supportive and loving towards her. They care about her feelings and stick by her.

I was concerned about Kim Hyun Joong being able to play this role based on what others had written. I hadn't seen the drama and knew nothing about it. After watching just 4 episodes, I definately think Kim Hyun Joong is a perfect fit for this role. I think he can play it as long as he does not try to make this a variation of Jihoo from BOF. This character in Playful Kiss is arrogant but he also doesn't know much about women and appears to blow things off while trying to be cool. I honestly think this character is close to Kim Hyun Joong's real personality. If anyone's seen him in We Got Married, at the very beginning of the series....he behaved JUST LIKE THE MALE LEAD CHARACTER IN PLAYFUL KISS. He really didn't know how to act around Hwangbo and it took her a while to get him to warm up to her. He was not arrogant but he was a little cold/distant to her. He was Mr. Cool with the sunshades who did't want to wear couple shirts because he thought it tacky. When Hwangbo went to visit him in Japan, his first statements were not, "how are you, what have you been up to, what's going on with you?"...it was "Why are you here?" Danggggg!! LOL. There was no..."It's nice to see you or Thanks for coming to visit" but "Why are you here?" To me, that was a little mean but that's Kim Hyun Joong. He does not sugar coat stuff. He's just blunt and honest which many people mistake for being cold. He can definately play this role in Playful Kiss. If he acts similiar to the way he behaved at the beginning of WGM, he'll nail this role.

As for his drama beating the competition, please keep in mind that Rain's last 2 movies were box office flops. I think the last movie reached no. 3 in Korea the opening weekend and then dropped off after that. His last drama was not successful either. Please don't think because Rain is in this Fugutive drama that it will out beat Playful Kiss.

Group Eight did a really good job in producing and promoting BOF. I think they can do the same with Playful Kiss as well.

Sorry for the long rant.

Guest CeeCee23

theone4me - Thank you so much for your, as you called it, long rant. It made me feel so much better. I have confidence in Hyun Joong but all the negatives were really getting me down. You brought me back up again, so once again, thank you.

i really REALLY can't wait for this to air haven't been watching any kdramas for a while since none really catches my attention....but finally something to look forward to!!

and nice to see a new girl since i didn't watch bad guy so she's still considered new to me haha :) and hyun joong<3

Guest ethopia

YAY!! cant wait for this drama..

KHJ suits the character very very well.. and the lead actress she's indeed pretty. Havent seen her yet in any shows or drama but it looks like she will protray the character well.. like her smile.

Guest gohiddenfan

I have watched Taiwan version previously and I like that drama. I think the success of Taiwan version mainly comes from the chemistry between leading actor and the leading actress. In relation to the acting ability, I felt the leading actress brought more to the table in Taiwan version. For the Korean version, I wish wuli 4D Leader and Jun So Ming will develop their chemistry at the right time. Hung Joong gives us surprises from time to time and I see he has a lot of potentials. Really looking forward to seeing this product.

Guest annika_faith

Annyong, been looking forward for this drama quite sometime now.. I'm so excited when i learned that there will be a korean version of ISWAK. I've been an avid viewer of the TW version of this manga which happens to be my NO.1 fave taiwan drama (ISWAK & TKA). From the moment Group 8 announced that they will make a korean version of Itzura na Kiss, i really felt that leader fits the role very well. It's very close from who he is. That's why i don't understand why a lot of people kept on under estimating Leader's capabilities. Well it's their opinion.

I'll support leader all the way, 100% :D

Guest mijoong

I like this thread progress.. ^^ healthy sharing and discussion.. Keep it up!

MissChiev

na its okay thx for always dropped by and even reposted.. ^^ love ur works and great blog.. Thx for always give update..

Btw, soompi rules don't allowed us to embed video, so just post the link only ^^

anyway, just reminder, for you who like upload to youtube, beware to always modify well the tittle of mischievous kiss related video uploads, you know mbc drama. Youtube surely like to hunt videos nowadays whenever, so beware okay ^^

Guest NlCKl

Because of KHJ, i did a marathon of ISWAK1, ISWAK2 and Bad Guy (Jung So Min's only drama)

I can say that after watching, KHJ will nail his role in Mischievous Kiss and looks like JSM fits the role too

Looking forward for this drama!

Guest blackjackVip

AIGOO!

the picture of HyunJoong in school uniform, waaaaaah! SO HANDSOME! blush.gif:wub:

btw, now that someone mentioned about the kiss....

OMONA!!!! :crazy:

i don't think i can take it....NOOOOO...ANDWEEEEE!!! *reaches hand to the computer screen* :wacko:

:tears: sooo many kissess...i think there's atleast some chance there that the actors can develope some feelings for each other. i don't wanna think about it, okay erase erase...

whew! :sweatingbullets:

From what I've read so far, many of you seem to be worried about KHJ and JSM's acting ability and compatability in comparison to the Taiwanese version. Don't you think we should be a bit less serious about it and wait and see how it will eventually turn out? I have decided to erase the Taiwanese version completely from my memory and look forward to watching the new Korean version the way it is. Afterall, it's healthy to be open-minded and less biased.

Well said!!..

Even it's based on the same manga, but each version is completely different as for the directors' standpoint, scripts, cuts, cultures differences, time slots, actors/actress...

It's better to watch this drama, or any remake with a fresh, non-biased attitude. We can always make our conclusion or comparison at the end. With negative vibes, even the best performance will become bad.

In the beginning, i was not that excited about the remake at all, because i'm a pro-original version type. However, i think it's very unfair to judge any thing without giving it a try with an open-mind. I'm sure i'll enjoy this one as it is. Kim Hyun Joong & Jung So Min fightingg...!!

just finished marathon ISWAK..

kekekeke

i am so looking forward to the KISSING scenes especially the ANGRY KISS and the RAIN KISS....!!!

ahhh but i think the JSM is going to have a thousand antifans for kissing HJL so much...

hahaha that is my opinion, e a fangirl...

Guest mijoong

chakhareina

Nah u are wrong, KHJ korea fans especially so looking forward for kiss scenes and whatever scene. They have prepared and even give full support to So Min too. No even single antis movement. For the sake of role and success of drama, of course must do it maximal. I pray for this couple the best, get along well, and create great chemistry..

Hyunjoong fans has matured lah, full support, this is for the success of his acting carrier..

Nothing to worry for So Min.. ^^

bbwakiyama

Agree with you. If its me, i always try to be optimistic. Anyway its no harm to be positive ^^

when it comes to drama, remake or not is not important for me.. As long as i like the story.. And the different execution for remakes drama, give another flavour.. And thats what we anticipate from Mischievous Kiss, korean flavour, the special korean drama touch ^^

Guest mijoo-pearl

It's good to know that Korean's fans are support So Min, I'm quite upset beacause some Vietnamese's news criticise her. Jung So Min is still a new face, but her acting is good and her face is so cute. From the frist moment I saw her in Bad Guy, I totally feel loving So Min.

Guest chocolavie

i will be looking forward to this remake, i love ISWAK, i am keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out to be successful. I dont mind about so many kissing scenes at all, bring it on!!!! kekeke

1.5 months to go !!

Guest sveta21

I'm concerned that they might change a certain part of the manga...if they do then i'll lose whatever faith i have had in Korean dramas and give up watching Korean dramas permanently...

Annyeonghaseyo everyone :). I have watched Taiwan's versions of 1 & 2 and I have been waiting for Korean version since last year after I read somewhere that there will be Korean version. And I'm happy to know that its the Leader been chosen for the lead. I'm confident he can carry the role well cos he has the arrogant and prince look. Anyway Aja-aja Hwaitting Kim Hyun Joong ssi!

Guest Gaemal

I'm concerned that they might change a certain part of the manga...if they do then i'll lose whatever faith i have had in Korean dramas and give up watching Korean dramas permanently...

Ehh I haven't read the manga but I've seen the Taiwanese version and the animation.

Changes are neccessary, I mean you can't possibly follow every single thing.

Changes are bound to be made. Either some parts are removed, edited or added.

Take for example, the 2nd kiss scene. In the anime, it took placed in the woods.

While in the Taiwanese version, it took placed in the hospital.

I expect the Korean version not to follow the animation as well.

Why go all the way to the woods just to have a kiss scene?

Furthermore, the remaining wood scenes are like unneccessary with Naoki saving Kinnosuke.

I think that people watch different versions not just for different faces

but also for the different details but the main plot remains the same.

Guest sveta21

I kind of refer to a certain character to be honest. Sorry for the misunderstanding...I'm hoping that they won't change her race. If they will change her race, then I'll be disappointed and give up Korean dramas after that.

Archived