Guest mijoong

Guest imMissChievous

Hi all,

Let's vote for Mischievous Kiss ^^

Most anticipated drama of the 2nd half 2010

Click here to vote

Choose no18, and then click the blue button leftmost, which I circled

untitled2.jpg?w=574&h=634

(we are losing to My girlfriend is a Gumiho and Fugitive)

Another poll vs My girlfriend is a Gumiho (you need to log in with nate or cyworld ID)

Click

here to vote

untitled3.jpg?w=620&h=196

Credit: khj1004 naver cafe

These polls are not for some awards or so, but they reflect netizens/public opinion of the drama which is very important in Korea. Winning these kinds of polls can increase public recognition and attract public attention. This has something to do with the drama’s success, likely to affect the future ratings (of the 1st episode particularly), investments, sponsorship, selling of CFs during the air time, etc.

So, please vote.

New photo of Jung So Min at Bad Guy filming

jungsominonbadguyfilmin.jpg

credit as tagged

And this oh-so-funny pic of Seung Jo appa and Hani appa ^^

seungjoappaandhaniappa.jpg

credit to DCgall

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golli, i'm so excited! The main/supporting cast looks great. I was so excited to see Seung Jo's appa and Hani's appa.XD I love their characters a lot. :D Lee Tae Sung is such a cutie. Unfortunately, i've only heard of the dramas he's participated in, but never watched them. Hearing from everyone already, i have confidence in him! I really like character development, so i'm really looking forward to seeing our leads' on-screen chemistry. KHJ Leader fighting!!

czakhareina, thanks for bringing up those clips of uri SS501. They excel at speaking Engrish. :lol: But i know that Leader doesn't like speaking English that much haha. This makes me anticipate Baek Seung Jo even more. :P

em.sie_1813, i'm curious to see the kiss scenes in here. I do know that we shouldn't be expecting a lot of kiss scenes because this is the Korean version and not the Taiwan version. Haha. I also know that Leader is extremely shy when it comes to kissing girls. But he's such a professional person that i think he'll do well!

I will have to say that besides seeing Leader in action again, i'm mostly anticipating to hear the OST. The OST is one main attraction to a drama, so i'm crossing fingers. I would love to hear the possibility of SS501 being featured as well. x)

First day of filming is today (the 22nd)! I hope we get to see some promotional photos or spoiler photos (my guilty pleasure) soon..ㅋㅋㅋ

Guest freylekh

I cannot wait to watch this drama! I was hooked on ISWAK so i'm really looking forward for this one. Plus, Hyun Joong playing the main lead is just awesome! I like him so much and I miss watching him so my anticipation for this drama is just beyond!

as for the female lead, they look good together! I hope she has great chemistry with KHJ.

Guest kazenai

So they won't add Christine. Knew it.

Christine is crucial to the storyline for Kotoko's friendship with the crazy stalker [Lee Tae Sung], they can't run away from it. Things will be boring if they opt to choose to write the character as a non-foreign. In addition, she is NOT part of the main cast. She'll only appear halfway at the last arc of the storyline, hence the news will come later in its broadcasting run. It is to early to cast here because the series is aimed to be over 16 episode, I'm guessing 24 episodes? -Just like Lee Min Jung entered in BOF.

Guest sarah09

I kind of refer to a certain character to be honest. Sorry for the misunderstanding...I'm hoping that they won't change her race. If they will change her race, then I'll be disappointed and give up Korean dramas after that.

Yeah, I worried about that too. and in the Taiwanese versions, there were many people from different ethnic groups and races incorporated that I truly hope they maintain that in the Korean version. I don't want to see Zi Yu's role or the exchange student's role given to Korean actresses.

And that's not all. What makes the drama is (1) the exceptional acting of the main female actress (2) the chemistry between the leading characters and (3) the familial and friendly atmosphere perpetrated by the family, the friends, and the supporting characters and (4) a very talented director. Without all of these, ISWAK and TKA would not be what it is now. So, this is something that I am fully expecting. Yes, you gotta be open-minded but ISWAK and TKA are truly amazing and well-recognized dramas and you can't disappoint if you attempt of doing a Korean version...

Anyways, we'll see but I seriously hope they will be successful because it's not a fictional story. It emerged from the author's life...Let's see how they pay tribute to her.

I'm a bit worried, they are starting to shoot today right? How come there is no confirmed naoki's mom, KHJ's character(naoki) because the role of the mom is funny , sweet and love's kotoko so much. there is no publicity who they picked right, who will act as his mom,she should be taller than the dad and beautiful, but very good in comedy.

I stand corrected... just saw in ode's blog,

Seung-jo Mother : Jung Hye Young

Guest sexy4yennie

i'm very excited waiting this drama

coz i love that manga since along time ago

i hope this drama will be full support from their fans

with a great of love

Guest layzzie84

Hello everyone! :) just checking if there are news/pics on the shooting today. I hope that we will be able to see lots of pictures today. If only I'm in Korea now I'm gonna stalk them and take tons of pics! Thanks again for all the updates. I never fail to check this thread everyday! :)

Guest blackclip

awww, i was hoping for some fan pics from the shoot today! > < haha

can't wait for the first press conference too! ^^

another cast added (:

it's that girl that befriended jandi for revenge from BOF!

i think her role is the rich girl, Hui Lan (TW ISWAK) ?

cr.: ISWAK DCGal // (backdoor) iswak BD // G8 + Ode501

Ha-ni rival (likes Seung-jo)*: Lee Si Young (Yoon Hae-ra)

*Yoon Hae-ra is the rival of Ha-ni; will appear in latter half of drama. She forms a rectangular relationship with Seung-jo, Ha-ni, Joon-gu.

Guest layzzie84

Thank you for the pictures! I've been waiting all day to have a glimpse of the first shooting day! I hope there are pics of KHJ! hehehe the mother is soooo pretty! :)

Also, this is a TRUE TO LIFE story. about the writer in this Manga, she already died(RIP). She died in the middle of making this comic. Actually I'm so disappointed when I watch They kiss again ending, it still Open ended scenario. Now I discovered that this series is NOT yet FINISH. There still more romantic scenes between Ariel & Joe which I love them both.

well technically, the mangaka had about one-two chapters left to complete the story when she passed away. Since mangakas tend to work in a team, i'm assuming that she had completely finished it when the tragedy occured. i think it was out of respect to her that her team didnt release the remaining chapters.

around 2008 i think, her husband allowed the release of the mangaka's "intended" finale, hence the japanese anime had a very,very complete story. they even held a poll on the couple's baby gender. :P

I stand corrected... just saw in ode's blog,

Seung-jo Mother : Jung Hye Young

oh gawd, i love her! i'm happy with this casting!

and Lee SiYoung? wacky, bratty princess from Birth of a Rich Man? i approve!

--

edit:

thanks for those piccies Daisy2412. i'm liking the uniforms. heh.

awwww thanks alot for the pix ...they seem enjoying wat they r doing :D

but where isssss hyun joooooong pix ...i was waiting all the day for his pix :(

Guest gg.loretta

OMG...! Thanks for the pictures. Seung Jo's mother looks a bit too young to be his mom, don't you think? Cute, cute....

Where's the main lead? :huh:

well technically, the mangaka had about one-two chapters left to complete the story when she passed away. Since mangakas tend to work in a team, i'm assuming that she had completely finished it when the tragedy occured. i think it was out of respect to her that her team didnt release the remaining chapters.

around 2008 i think, her husband allowed the release of the mangaka's "intended" finale, hence the japanese anime had a very,very complete story. they even held a poll on the couple's baby gender. :P

oh gawd, i love her! i'm happy with this casting!

and Lee SiYoung? wacky, bratty princess from Birth of a Rich Man? i approve!

--

edit:

thanks for those piccies Daisy2412. i'm liking the uniforms. heh.

I don't get what you mean that the Manga has not end. I did not watch the Taiwan version; however, I watched the animated version and it has an ending. The animated version ending, he became a doctor and she became a nurse and they had baby girl.

I don't get what you mean that the Manga has not end. I did not watch the Taiwan version; however, I watched the animated version and it has an ending. The animated version ending, he became a doctor and she became a nurse and they had baby girl.

the author/mangaka died while the manga was still ongoing, but like I said it had only about 1 to 3 chapters left to finish it off. from what i read, out of respect for her, her team didn't release the remaining chapters. however, her husband allowed the anime to have the author's intended finale for this story. i hope that's not confusing you more.

basically, the anime got a complete ending because the author's husband released the remaining chapters. the manga though is incomplete.

Guest NlCKl

Many more cast additions to Playful Kiss

July 22nd, 2010 // by javabeans

junghyeyoung_38.jpg

After all those rumors and teases about possible cast additions, it’s good to know this drama is actually making decisions now. Some make me happy, others I have no opinion on, and others are decidedly meh.

Let’s start with one that makes me happy: Jung Hye-young, the actress married to former k-popper Sean, whose casting makes sense given that she starred in director Hwang In-roi’s last project, Return of Iljimae. This role will allow her to show a much lighter side, as she plays a cheery matchmaker who helps along the main loveline between Kim Hyun-joong and Jung So-min’s characters.

I’m not getting hopes up that Jung Hye-young’s role here will be too significant, which would be too bad because I loved her acting in Return of Iljimae. She was brilliant in it, as luminous as she was melancholy, and was a tremendous source of pathos and heart as Iljimae’s mother.

In case you’re unfamiliar with the story, in the original manga the lead female Kotoko (Oh Ha-ni in this drama) is a bad student with lousy grades who finally tells her crush, Naoki (named Baek Seung-jo here), that she likes him. He’s pretty much her opposite — talented, smart, and cold. They come to live under the same house temporarily (her house gets wrecked, their fathers are friends). The third main character, Kinnosuke, likes Kotoko and watches after her. Lee Tae-sung has been cast in that role.

leeshiyoung_28.jpgyoonseungah_3.jpg

Lee Shi-young, Yoon Seung-ah

Next, there’s Lee Shi-young (Birth of the Rich), whose casting is still in “unconfirmed” status. (She’s the only one in this post who is not yet finalized.) The role she is up for is a haughty character who is the vice president of the university’s tennis club, and would come into the picture halfway through the drama’s run.

I haven’t read the manga, but it appears the two lead males are both tennis players, so I presume she’d be a viable rival for one or both of their attentions. I’m actually a little surprised that she’d be up for Playful Kiss because her career has started to take off and I’d expect her to pursue more headlining roles. But it is still early in her career and she did get famous from her brief run in Boys Before Flowers, so maybe it’s not TOO much of a retread to take on another buzz manga adaptation.

Then there’s rookie actress Yoon Seung-ah, who plays Dokko Min-ah, Ha-ni’s best friend. She is a boyish and quirky type who’s constantly at the foot of the class and has no interest in studies, preferring to dream of becoming a manhwa writer.

If she looks familiar, it’s because she debuted in Alex and Jisun’s MV for “These Heartbreaking Words” (that’s where I saw her!) as the girl in the shell who is rescued by Park Shi-hoo. She followed that with parts in the Lee Jun-ki drama Hero and the upcoming horror flick Death Bell 2.

As for the rest…

kiss1.jpg

Top row: Ha-ni’s father will be played by comic actor Kang Nam-gil (Goong and Who Are You?), while Seung-jo’s father will be played by a familiar CF actor, Oh Kyung-soo. Seung-jo has a younger brother who’s just like him (read: hard to please), played by young child actor Choi Won-hong.

Second row: Playing a girl who is jealous because of Ha-ni’s single-minded devotion toward Seung-ho is Jang Ah-young, who last played Yoon Eun-hye’s snooty chaebol cousin in My Fair Lady. Then there’s another of Ha-ni’s friends from her last-place class, Hong Yoon-hwa.

Third row: The first photo is Yoon Seung-ah again, and the next is Hwang Hyo-eun, a familiar face who has played many comic roles in dramas like Oh My Lady, Assorted Gems, and Queen of Housewives. She’ll play Ha-ni’s homeroom teacher. On the other hand, Kang Doo (Goong S, mehhhhh) takes the role of Seung-jo’s homeroom teacher.

Playful Kiss premieres on September 1.

Guest j-yang

OMG. I know I'm not going to be able to focus on school if awesome Korean dramas are going to be airing.

This is going to be a difficult semester. :P

Jung So Min looks cute in the uniform :) But how does in come there's no photo of Hyun Joong? :( I was so looking forward to it.

And yeah I also think the mum looks really young... the actress was born in 1973, but she looks really young.

EDIT: Read that our Hyun Joong will be shooting his first scene on the 25th of July. 2 days to go :(

Archived