[Drama 2010] Naughty Kiss / Playful Kiss 장난스런 키스

Guest mijoong

[News] If you have a bright smile, luck will come in your way too…? – Jung So Min [18.07.10]

Posted by rainaftershine on July 18, 2010

Credit: Newsprime.kr + (English translation) Ode

Please repost with full credit.

71670731.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you have a bright smile, luck will come in your way too…?

Newbie actress Jung So Min brushed aside all thorns amidst the fiery battle for the female lead position as ‘Kim HyunJoong’s woman’ with her bright smile, which brought about attention towards her.

Jung So Min was confirmed to be the female lead for new MBC summer-scheduled drama ‘Playful Kiss’. ‘Playful Kiss’ production company confirmed this piece of information on 16 July.

‘Playful Kiss’ is a work ambitiously produced by ‘Boys over Flower’ production company – Group Eight. Battle for the female lead position varying from f(x) Sulli to child-actress-borne Park Eun Bin etc alongside Kim Hyun Joong, who was long casted, but in the end, the position went to a newbie, and it was revealed that she belongs to the same agency company as Kim HyunJoong – Keyeast, which attracted attention. With this, Keyeast’s influential power became an immediate topic of discussion.

However, despite all these speculations, the first and foremost reasons why Jung So Min was chosen is because of her beautiful-burst-through smile (a bright, beautiful smile that strikes through you), which led to people wondering if luck will follow after you when you smile very brightly.

Genius flower teen Baek Seung Jo (original-Irie Naoki) portrayed by Kim Hyun Joong will be expected to deliver a new side to some cold and aloof transformations. Jung So Min will be a dumb girl Oh Ha-Ni (original-Aihara Kotoko) who never excels in academics but yet will manage to melt Kim Hyun Joong’s character with her specialty – friendliness and innocence, and with this, it made both their combination a perfect one.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gaemal

Ehh I thought Park Eun Bin is one who belongs to the same agency as Hyun Joong - Keyeast.

Jung So Min is not right?

Reposted from : allkoreanGossip.com

Jung So-Min’s comment regarding Kim Hyun-Joong as her partner in Mischievous Kiss

2010071608357730831.jpg

jungsomin1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So it seems that Kim Hun-Joong and Jung So-Min’s cast as lead roles for Mischievous Kiss is final. So what did Jung So-Min comment regarding his partner in the drama SS501 Kim Hyun-Joong? She said, “I just smile.” Well, there you have it. Stay tuned to find out more updates regarding the hottest drama Mischievous Kiss in allKoreanGossip.

I like the taiwanese version (mainly the female lead, ariel lin, am a fan of hers) so it's cool to see a korean version and I like hyun joon! :D I think he's perfect for the role in Playful Kiss so I'm pretty happy with this casting. I can't wait to see him onscreen! haha, I liked him moreso than the main in BOF! however, to say I'm not disappointed with jung so min as the female lead is a lie. Maybe it's because I'm a Boyoung fan and even though that rumor regarding Boyoung before wasn't confirmed or anything, I was kind of hoping Boyoung could be the female lead and acting opposite from hyun joong. Sigh, I would've liked to see Boyoung-Hyun joong, but oh well...perhaps a next time...I dont know who So Min is (aside from people saying she's good in Bad Guy) but I wanna give her a chance to impress me haha...maybe I should go and watch her scenes in Bad Guy...

You know I'm not the biggest supporter of this drama since hyung joong join and I still not until the drama start

airing I guess. But seeing that the female actress is oh k , I think it be alright to to say I have a little

like 5 % more hope for this drama.

I was really hoping they get new fresh faces (younger looking too) for this drama but oh well!

I kind of refer to a certain character to be honest. Sorry for the misunderstanding...I'm hoping that they won't change her race. If they will change her race, then I'll be disappointed and give up Korean dramas after that.

i'm guessing you meant the Chris/Christine character? Yeah, let's do hope they can find a caucasian girl [who can speak Korean fluently] to fill the part.

i'm really, really getting excited now as i await further casting, especially the AhJin/Kinnosuke and YuShu/Yuuki roles. for the lead guy's younger brother, let's hope they find someone adorable who can really act the sarcastic/insulting part - but not someone you'll get pissed at.

When I watched the Taiwanese version, I didn't know that Jiro Wang, the guy who played kinnosuke is also in a boyband, during the series, all his members made a cameo role at the wedding part, hahaha! This is just wishful thinking, I wish that the SS501 will also do some cameo roles andat the same time sing the OST

Guest PancakeMuffins91

Ehh I thought Park Eun Bin is one who belongs to the same agency as Hyun Joong - Keyeast.

Jung So Min is not right?

You're correct. Park Eun Bin and Hyun Joong are both from Bae Yong Joon's company KeyEast. I'm don't know the name of Jung So Min's company but I've checked KeyEast and she's not listed as one of their artists.

I wonder who else has been cast in the drama, like who are the supporting actors and actresses because sometimes those characters steal the show like with the SoEul couple in Boys Over Flowers.

the SoEul couple in Boys Over Flowers.

hahaha i like this comment cause for me personaly, i like their story more than jandi-Junpyu rich girl poor girl story or jandi-junpyo-jihoo love triangle..., i mean their loveline could very well be a good plot for a good drama...

but for this drama i wish that all the fucos would be on the main characters story, cause i want this to be a super success for hyun joong...

and about some changes in the race.. i think that is possible.. in korea there is an incresing number of caucasian in the drama.. like for example Tamra Island, the 2nd male lead was caucasian..

here is an article about westerners in dramas --> http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/08/western-actors-becoming-more-visible-on-korean-tv/

i am hoping the changes for this drama would be awesome... i mean the story has to be intact still but has to coincide with korean culture & etc... hahah hyunjoong would be wearing a school uniform again..

i think he would be endorsing school uniform after this... kekekekeke

Guest lamperouge

I love Hyun Joong and Jung So Min so I can't wait to see this drama now. I think they're going to make a gorgeous pair. 8) Yeah his acting is still questionable but I'll watching anything with Hyun Joong and Jung So Min is a talented actress so yeah. I really want to see what their chemistry is going to be like.

When I watched the Taiwanese version, I didn't know that Jiro Wang, the guy who played kinnosuke is also in a boyband, during the series, all his members made a cameo role at the wedding part, hahaha! This is just wishful thinking, I wish that the SS501 will also do some cameo roles andat the same time sing the OST

Ah, i love you forever. :lol: To have cameo roles and have them also be a part of the OST would be the most uplifting gift for TripleS at this moment. Let's wish upon a star. :rolleyes: I seriously think Hyunjoong Leader will like that idea.

I'm quite relieved and excited about the main leads. I'm usually drawn to the main couple of a drama, so i'm not too nervous about the supporting cast. Rather, i'm more worried about where the writers will take this drama, since the manga never officially ended. I liked the direction that the TW version took, so satisfying. For some reason, i'm expecting some huge melodramatic moments just because it's the Korean version.XD

The first post is growing and looking pretty~~ can't wait until it gets more filled!!

Guest milwaukeeoce

lol..KHJ as a male lead?? i wish for another actor to play the male lead.the Taiwanese version is the best (Jiro is awesome and talented actor)..but, hope korean version have its own style and KHJ, don't disappointed me like what have you done in BOF..

Guest gulali

after looked all those pics..im more...more excited to watch this korean version,a drama with full of KISS,i hope..:D

so many "sounds great"(coz im not watch it yet) drama with big stars in September,but i think this drama will have large fanbase,great OST,i hope Group eight will not change storyline too much&disappoint us with the ending like BOF ending..

i wonder who'll take other roles,naoki's bro,his parents,kotoko's dad etc,keke~

Guest doraemie2

I also hope other members of SS501 can do a cameo, but I hope the cameo part will be more than what happened in ISWAK. The cameo part of the 2 other members of Fahrenheit (the boyband that Jiro is a member of) was almost nonexistence. If someone didn't print out a screen cap and point an arrow to it, I would've never be able to find them. If SS501 members are to cameo, I hope it would be like what they did in BOF. But right now it seems impossible until they sign a contract with any company.

I don't think Fahrenheit did any soundtrack for ISWAK or TKA. Could be because Fahrenheit wasn't a band at the time of ISWAK. Don't know why they didn't do it for TKA though. I really hope SS501 can do the soundtrack, then again it seems unlikely at the moment. If SS501 can't do the OST, I hope Leader can.

Guest Mayumi_1009

Thanks for all the updates babes~

So have they start filming? Wish i can see them at korea coz im gg this weekend~

Guest marydewitt

Yes, NYCgirl.. I wish for the same as you...our boys to do some cameo as well as the OST...

LOL & Thanks to KHJ, I too just marathon and watch Bad Guy...just to find out more about our female lead acting abilities..so far so good, and I am happy and have no issue with her being cast.

I have previouly watched the J drama & TWdrama of ISWAK.

I prefer the Jdrama version vs the TWdrama. As for the TWdrama, I prefer Season ONE, and I only managed to watch a couple of episodes in Season 2 and I drop it completely...

Maybe, being a noona and not at the fangirling age..I prefer drama with impactful storyline. I love Meteor garden, BOF Jdrama, (for both version, I was in love with Jerry Yan/Daomingsi character) and most of all, I love the Kdrama version. However, when it comes to BOF K version, it was Jihoon that I like. although I still prefer the ending as per the manga, I was attracted to Yoon Jihoon, so much so that I am a TS and Leader bias.

I sincerely dislike those character with "over or exaggerate" acting like Jandi/shanchai mother, likewise, in this ISWAK drama, the mother of our Prince.. her character is kind of those "type" and I really hope they execute it well as she is also part of the reason how our couple got together staying in the same house.

I am SOoooo looking forward to the drama...cant wait!!!!

Guest blackclip

saw this in Ode501

not sure if it's really 100% confirmed, but it's so called the 'more confirmed list' ^ ^

Male lead : Kim Hyun Joong (Naoki Irie)

Female lead : Jung So Min (Aihara Kotoko)

2nd Female lead : Min Hyo Rin (Reiko Matsumoto)

2nd Male lead : Lee Tae Sung (Kinnosuke Nakamura)

Younger brother (Naoki's) : Choi Won Hong (Yuuki Irie)

Kotoko's teacher : Hwang Hyo Eun

There are other considerations for other remaining leads, until confirmation out this is the 'more confirmed' list so far. will update when newer ones pressed

//

SO EXCITED!!!! :D

Archived