Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

• 2 weeks later...

[News] Jang Keun Suk + fan club 'Cri J' and warm good deeds... A total of 1 billion donations over 10 years
Actor Jang Keun Suk and his official fan club 'Cri J' have been steadily leading the way for 10 years.

According to his agency Craft 42 ENT on the 23rd, Jang Keun Suk's official fan club 'Cri J' held the '10th Jang Keun Suk Birthday Sharing Photo Exhibition' at Gallery Luminari in Seocho-gu, Seoul for two days on the 17th and 18th Sep, and gave warm warmth to people in need.

This photo exhibition consisted of photos taken at the fan club and fan art recruited by fans. Not only that, but he also held an SNS live for fans who could not come to the scene in person.

606d76f187ece78ace42582648b6aef2.jpg

At the Sharing Photo Exhibition, which celebrated its 10th anniversary this year, a total of 160 million won, including 10 million won from Jang Keun Suk's donation, was collected. The money raised will be delivered to childcare facilities Namsanwon, Aesindongsan (support for animal feed), Snail of Love (support for surgery for deaf children), Damwoohoe (surgery for patients with biliary tract obstruction), and Jumong Rehabilitation Center.

Meanwhile, 'Jang Keun Suk's Birthday Sharing Photo Exhibition' is a precedent event hosted by the official FC to celebrate Jang Keun Suk's birthday meaningfully, and has been running for 10 years since 2013. The accumulated donations through the sharing photo exhibition totaled 1,026.2 billion won, and over the past 10 years, they have donated more than 1 billion won to spread good influence.

cr: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=003&aid=0011435668

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

[News] 2023 Jang Keun Suk fan meeting in Seoul ~Beautiful Memories~ to be held in January
Jang Keun Suk fan meeting in Seoul ~Beautiful Memories~ will be held in January, 2023. This fan meeting was originally planned to be held in September, 2022 as his birthday celebration event, but due to COVID-19 conditions, visa waiver program for Japanese travelers didn’t work then, and it was postponed.

52505678426_a57afd606f.jpg

Source: https://entame.knt.co.jp/tour/2023/01/jangkeunsuk/

• Thanks 1

[News] JANG KEUN SUK & TEAM H “TODAY -ONE DAY ONLY-” DVD and PHOTO BOOK SET will be released in 29th March, 2023

They will contain the whole stage of DAY performance, the digest stage of NIGHT performance, and the making.

*Contents:
DVD
-2 Discs with original package
-Main Disc: full stage of Jang Keun Suk -DAY- performance
-Bonus Disc: digest stage of TEAM H -NIGHT- performance and making
-Enclosed bonus item: 2 types of original cannon tape

PHOTO BOOK
-It contains both DAY and NIGHT performances
-A5 size, 44 pages (scheduled)

52474465634_f84d5cf9bd.jpg

Source: https://www.jang-keunsuk.jp/onedayonly_dvd_photobook/20230329/

• Like 1

[Video] 2022 Jang Keun Suk Birthday Sharing Online Photo Exhibition (Behind Story, Q&A)
Q1: Tell us how you feel about the 10th anniversary of the photo exhibition.
JKS: 10 years is really a long time. Actually to be able to do an event like this every year can’t be easy. And, in a way, this might be our promise to each other. “I wish to see more photos next year, more people to join next year”, we say “see you again next year”.
Thank you so much to all of you who always have been loyal to me. And to our fan club board members who have gone through hadrships working really hard every year, and also to our eels, really thank you so much.
When I come to this place I also can look back on the past year. So I think it’s very meaningful.

Q2: Is it something that Jang Keun Suk and Ku Do Han have in common?
JKS: In fact, the character Ku Do Han, who I encounter now while filming Chronicles of Crime, and Jang Keun Suk as a person have almost zero in common. There is really nothing that I can bring out. I have to take out a new human being who really does not exist in me. Actually it’s not that I take him out from me, I have to make him. That is why it’s not easy. It was not an easy choice, but I chose it in spite of it, because it’s a challenge for me as an actor. And I wanted to experience my limits. It’s really a very lonely role, a lonely script, a lonely role, a lonely character. I have wondered a lot how I should express it. I feel that the time when I think about it is a happy time. I feel joy filming it.

Q3: In the end, to Crij eels …
JKS: I always say this. The way I can give you back the love I receive from you is always the same. It’s by showing you a good work, a good role, a good performance. I want to be a person who is able to spread my energy continuously, without stopping. I think that is the way I will be able to keep your loyality. I know that you have been waited for a long time. On the other side, I felt lonely too during that waiting time. However I think that because of you, who kept enduring the waiting time togehter with me, I am able to be the person I am now.
To be honest, sometimes…. It’s not that I want to give up, hmm…I worry what that is I need now, what that is I have to do now. Deep worries, no rather than deep worries, it’s just..matters that I think about sufficiently as a man in his thirties. I have been deeply immersed in those thoughts. I remember thinking about that a lot when I was alone. However, the conclusion is always the same, don’t avoid difficult things, instaed enjoy difficult things more. The most important is to find the original me even if I sort of destroy myself while making something.
To you who have been waiting to see me acting for a really long time, I want to say thank you so much. The opportunity to pay you back has come, fortunately.
I feel very happy every day. Even though I am exhausted and it’s hard day after day, the life that I live now makes me feel that I am alive…Yes. I am not the only one who feels that. I will try to make a good work in order to pass on this feeling to you too. Cheer for me please.

• Thanks 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk donated 400 million won + more than 100 sponsored children...Seoul Mayor Award
Actor Jang Keun Suk won the Seoul Special Mayor Award in recognition of his high-value sponsorship.
On September 6, World Vision, an international relief and development NGO, announced, “Jang Geun-suk, a major donor, received the Seoul Mayor’s Award at the ‘2022 Seoul Social Welfare Convention’ in commemoration of the 23rd Social Welfare Day organized by the Seoul Social Welfare Council.”

The Seoul Mayor’s Award is a system that selects and awards sponsors, volunteers, workers in welfare facilities, or organizations that practice love for neighbors and become exemplary in society.

Jang Keun-suk, a major sponsor of World Vision, was honored to receive the Seoul Mayor Award in the sponsor category at the 2022 Seoul Social Welfare Convention commemorating the 23rd Social Welfare Day held at Seoul City Hall on the 5th.

a323b953cd42f6bdf62b658cafd0075b.jpg

Since 2009, Jang Keun Suk has been actively participating in donation activities for regions and children in need of help at home and abroad. Sponsorship of medical expenses, especially for energy-poor and crisis children in Korea, he was highly praised for his achievements in supporting educational projects.
Jang Keun Suk said, "Starting with sponsoring 5 children in 2009, I have now formed a relationship with 100 children. As a person who cares about children, I will fulfill my social responsibility and strive to create a healthier society."
Cho Myung-hwan, chairman of World Vision, said, “I sincerely thank actor Jang Keun Suk for his steady interest and good influence for children in need for about 13 years.” He said, "I will try to deliver love to many children well."

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000625156

• Love 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk admires his handsome appearance "My heart is stopping" [Star IN★]
Actor Jang Keun Suk showed off his handsome appearance.

On the 17th, Jang Keun Suk posted a picture on his Instagram.

In the published photo, Jang Keun Suk took a picture wearing a white shirt. Jang Keun Suk captivated fans with his intense eyes and handsome appearance.

52506108655_dc3b0fbb70_z.jpg

In response, netizens commented, "You're shining", "I'm looking forward to the new advertisement", "You're handsome. I wanted to go to the event", "My heartbeat is stopping", "You're so cool", "Wow, crazy. Cool", "Twinkle twinkle", " Awesome", "That's why I've been in love with you for 12 years".

Meanwhile, Jang Keun Suk appears in Coupang Play's new series 'Chronicles of Crime' along with Heo Seong-tae and Lee Elijah. 'Chronicles of Crime' is a story that uncovers the truth of an unsolved case in the past through a heinous current case.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0003105476

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

[News] 36-year-old Jang Keun Suk. I was wondering what he was doing. Did he become a vampire?
Even a high school student will believe that his skin is smooth, soft and "suffocate"

What have you been doing these days, did you become a vampire?

Jang Keun Suk's surprising recent situation has been revealed.

Recently, cosmetic advertisement videos taken by Jang Keun Suk in Japan are being introduced on YouTube.

In the video, Jang Keun Suk catches his eye while showing off his youthful skin.

Born on September 26, 1987, he is 36 years old in Korean age this year. Even if he plays a high school student, his nice skin is impressive enough to believe.

3b1c5bf3df09792ef08733dfe16e334e.jpg

2022121001000683300087102_20221209201003

Jang Keun Suk, who is active between Korea and Japan, is still enjoying explosive popularity among Japanese female fans, and is showing off his star power in various products including this cosmetic advertisement.

Meanwhile, Jang Keun Suk's next project is Coupang Play 'Chronicles of Crime'. It is a story that uncovers the truth of an unsolved case in the past through a heinous current case, starring actor Heo Sung-tae.

cre: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003948879

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

[News] Hallyu star Jang Keun Suk to return after 5 years, “The Bait” will be released on Jan 27th
Jang Keun Suk’s “The Bait” confirmed its premiere on Jan 27th after the release of its first poster and trailer on Jan 3rd.
Coupang Play will present the crime thriller “The Bait” (directed by Kim Hong Sun, formerly known as “Chronicles of Crime”) starring Jang Keun Suk and Heo Sung Tae) as its first ambitious project in 2023. Accordingly, “The Bait” confirmed its premiere on Jan 27th after the release of its first poster and trailer on Jan 3rd.
The Coupang Play series “The Bait” is a crime thriller series that tracks the secrets surrounding the death of the criminal of the largest fraud case in history. The series is expected to captivate viewers at once with its solid story between the mysterious murder case at the moment and the fraud case that shook the Republic of Korea in the past, unexpected developments and plot twists, and thorough acting by the main actors.

“The Bait” is receiving huge attention as the first comeback after 5 years of global Hallyu star Jang Keun Suk. On top of that, the fresh combination of Heo Sung Tae, who is well-known as an all-time villain character, and Lee Elijah, who will play the axis between the present and the past, is raising expectations. In addition, Kim Hong Sun, master of the thrilling genre who directed “Voice,” “The Guest” and “Money Heist: Joint Economic Area” will hold the megaphone to showcase the essence of a well-made crime thriller.

52604169526_85210da176_z.jpg

Through the first poster of “The Bait”, viewers can get a glimpse of the tense confrontation between Gu Do Han (Jang Keun Suk), a righteous detective who tries to reveal the truth of the case, and Noh Sang Cheon (Heo Sung Tae), a criminal who holds clues about the past fraud case and the current murder case. The simple yet intense phrase “Catch to Live vs. Die to Live” adds more interest to the confrontation between the two. In particular, attention is focused on the meaning of the paradoxical phrase “Die to Live”.

The trailer for “The Bait” shows Noh Sang Cheon, who is known to have died while escaping after committing a fraud of 5 trillion won, being identified as a suspect in the murder case. Whether Noh Sang Cheon is really dead, who the real culprit of the current murder case is if Noh Sang Cheon is dead, and what the hidden link between the past case and the current case can be found in Coupang Play’s “The Bait” from Jan 27th (Fri).
Coupang Play’s series “The Bait” will be released twice a week from Jan 27th (Fri). Part 1, which consists of a total of 6 episodes, will be released first, followed by Part 2 in the first half of 2023.

cre: https://kbizoom.com/hallyu-star-jang-geun-seok-to-return-after-5-years-the-bait-will-be-released-on-jan-27th/

• Like 1

Watch: Jang Keun Suk Is A Homicide Detective Going Up Against Notorious Criminal Heo Sung Tae In Teaser For New Crime Thriller Drama
Coupang Play has shared an action-packed trailer for its new drama “The Bait”!

“The Bait” (previously known as “Chronicle of Crime”) is a crime thriller that follows a lawyer-turned-homicide detective searching for the truth behind unsolved past cases by investigating current crimes. The series marks Jang Keun Suk’s first drama role in five years, and it will also star Heo Sung Tae and Lee Elijah.

Jang Keun Suk stars as Goo Do Han, a detective who is determined to uncover the truth after Noh Sang Cheon, the culprit of South Korea’s biggest fraud case (played by Heo Sung Tae), is named as a suspect in a present-day murder case even though he supposedly died eight years ago.

A new poster previews the upcoming fierce confrontation between Goo Do Han, a righteous detective who will stop at nothing to reveal the truth, and Noh Sang Cheon, a notorious criminal who holds the key clues to a past fraud case and the current murder case. Adding to the curiosity over the upcoming battle betwen the two men is the simple yet intense caption: “He who must catch [the culprit] in order to live vs. he who must die in order to live.”

3bd3bfe0a4af48df9d211f5f81a3d8c1.jpg

In the trailer, Noh Sang Cheon is introduced as having committed 5 trillion won (approximately $3.9 billion) worth of fraud, then having reportedly died while on the run, leaving behind thousands of victims crushed by the significant losses they suffered.

However, eight years later, lawyer-turned-detective Goo Do Han is summoned to solve a mysterious case in which the victim claimed that Noh Sang Cheon had come to kill him. Goo Do Han then embarks on a journey to find out if Noh Sang Cheon is indeed dead, who the real culprit of the current murder case is, and what the link is between the past and the current case.
“The Bait” will premiere on January 27 and will air two episodes each week. Part 1 consists of a total of six episodes, and Part 2 will be released in the first half of 2023.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1561324wpp/watch-jang-keun-suk-is-a-homicide-detective-going-up-against-notorious-criminal-heo-sung-tae-in-teaser-for-new-crime-thriller-drama

• Wiggle 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk returns to small screen with ‘Decoy’
Top star Jang Keun Suk is returning to the small screen for the first time in five years in Coupang Play’s new crime thriller “Decoy” set to start airing on Jan. 27.

The upcoming project is the 35-year-old actor's first for a streaming service original series since his discharge from the military in May 2020. His most recent TV series include SBS’ “Switch” in 2018 and “The Royal Gambler” (2016).

The 12-part series centers around the man behind South Korea’s biggest financial fraud case, who dies while in hiding from the victims and police. The story develops as the deceased criminal is named as a suspect in a new murder case, eight years after his death.

b79e4e7e357468e7ea48c84446d7d952.jpg

Jang Keun Suk plays lawyer-turned-detective Do-han, who tries to reveal the truth behind the mysterious case. “Squid Game” star Heo Sung-tae joins the project as the notorious villain who pulled off the scam.

The first two episodes of the 12-part crime thriller will be available on Jan. 27. Following that, two episodes each will be released over the next two Fridays, according to Coupang Play.

“Decoy” will return with part two in the first half of this year to present the remaining six episodes, but the exact date of release is yet to be decided.

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230104000576&np=1&mp=1

• Blob 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk Transforms Into A Detective With A Rugged Look In “The Bait”
Coupang Play has dropped new stills of Jang Keun Suk in his new drama!
“The Bait” is a crime thriller that follows a lawyer-turned-homicide detective searching for the truth behind unsolved past cases by investigating current crimes. The series marks Jang Keun Suk’s first drama role in five years, and it will also star Heo Sung Tae and Lee Elijah.

Jang Keun Suk stars as Goo Do Han, a detective who is determined to uncover the truth after Noh Sang Cheon, the culprit of South Korea’s biggest fraud case (played by Heo Sung Tae), is named as a suspect in a present-day murder case even though he supposedly died eight years ago.

Jang-Keun-Suk02-1536x1024.jpeg

The newly released stills capture a dramatic change between Goo Do Han’s past and present. Goo Do Han was a successful corporate litigation lawyer in the past, but for some reason, he has become a homicide detective.

The image below shows Goo Do Han’s current appearance with a shaggy beard which contrasts greatly with his past appearance as a lawyer. Viewers can feel Jang Keun Suk’s tough side and deep charisma which have not been seen before. On top of this, his intense gaze arouses viewers’ curiosity to find out what is happening in the scene.

Jang-Keun-Suk01-1536x1024.jpeg

“The Bait” will premiere on January 27 and will air two episodes each week. Part 1 consists of a total of six episodes, and Part 2 will be released in the first half of 2023. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562087wpp/jang-keun-suk-transforms-into-a-detective-with-a-rugged-look-in-the-bait

• Thanks 1

[News] Actor Jang Keun Suk Strongly Hints That He Is In A Relationship
“I always need to have someone by my side.”
Actor Jang Keun Suk seemingly confessed that he is in a relationship.
Jang Keun Suk and his co-star Heo Sung Tae were guests on the January 12 episode of KBS‘s Entertainment Company Live to speak about their upcoming Coupang Play‘s original K-Drama Bait.

On this day, Jang Keun Suk, who celebrated the 30th anniversary of his debut last year, was asked if he had a girlfriend, to which he cooly responded by hinting he did. “I always need to have someone by my side.”

c0a3da6dce046b0bda35bd733b039e6c.jpg

Meanwhile, Bait is a crime thriller revolving around the death of a swindler who pulls off the largest heist in Korean history. The drama is said to boast a strong story containing unexpected twists. The drama is available to stream exclusively on Coupang Play.

Jang Keun Suk is a veteran actor who is best known for starring in the hit K-Dramas You’re Beautiful, Love Rain, and Beethoven Virus. The multi-talented actor is also known for the hosting legendary audition show Produce 101 and has also carved out a singing career in Japan.
https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-jang-keun-suk-strongly-hints-in-relationship/

• Thanks 1