Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

[News] ‘Decoy’ Part 2: New Trailer Reveals Intense Showdown Between Jang Keun Suk and Heo Sung Tae
Coupang Play has released a second trailer and poster for Decoy: Part 2, starring Jang Keun Suk and Heo Sung Tae.
The show follows a group of individuals on the hunt for a notorious con artist who fakes his own death after committing the biggest scam in history.
The second trailer begins with Goo Do Han (played by Jang Keun Suk) intensely staring at the photos of the deceased. He says, “In the end, we must find the truth from the deceased,” hinting that he will uncover the hidden truth.

52781600975_0598135ff2_z.jpg

The scene then changes to Cheon Na Yeon (Lee Elijah) saying, “If the investigation was done properly from the start, the death could’ve been prevented,” which suggested that someone was trying to cover up the case. The sound of gunshots and Lee Byung Jun’s (Lee Seung Joon) desperate cry of “No Sang Chun is alive” implies that a crisis is looming. Then, a blood-stained No Sang Chun (Heo Sung Tae) appears, and Goo Do Han asks urgently, “He’s alive, isn’t he, No Sang Chun?”

The scene ends with No Sang Chun opening his eyes, covered in blood, causing a shock.

The second poster captures the struggle of Goo Do Han (played by Jang Keun Suk) as he engages in a final battle in a snow-covered field during a raging blizzard.

Decoy: Part 2 will drop on April 7th.

https://zapzee.net/2023/03/30/decoy-part-2-new-trailer-reveals-intense-showdown-between-jang-keun-suk-and-heo-sung-tae/?fbclid=IwAR0wdju3Dg3ufNPyFE31K3_vBKz7H-_Pf6qVFvXDKdcAzBMFNszu3NwvEqQ

• Like 1

[News] Watch: Jang Keun Suk Inches Closer To The Full Truth Behind Heo Sung Tae’s Crimes In Teasers For “Decoy: Part 2”
Popular Coupang Play series “Decoy” is coming back soon with Part 2!

“Decoy” (also known as “The Bait”) is a crime thriller that follows a lawyer-turned-homicide detective searching for the truth behind unsolved past cases by investigating current crimes. Jang Keun Suk stars as Goo Do Han, a detective who is determined to uncover the truth after Noh Sang Cheon (Heo Sung Tae), the culprit of South Korea’s biggest fraud case, is named as a suspect in a present-day murder case even though he supposedly died eight years ago.

Part 1 premiered early this year in over 186 countries around the world and received an average overseas rating of 9.4, quickly becoming Coupang Play’s most popular drama.

Ahead of the premiere of Part 2, “Decoy” has shared an exciting poster and teaser. The poster is taken from the perspective of someone hiding between trees while watching Goo Do Han’s tense final fight in the middle of a snowstorm. The blood this fight leaves behind has a stark contrast to the bright white snow they’re surrounded by and leads to the poster’s copy that reads, “Chasing the final trap to the end.”
The drama’s Part 2 teaser is just as intense as the poster and previews the deeper story behind this intense case. As Goo Do Han carefully focuses on pictures of murder victims, he realizes, “There is no one in this case who is wholeheartedly telling the truth. Eventually, we have to find out the truth from those who have died.”

Decoy.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Cheon Na Yeon (Lee Elijah) implies that there’s a larger story behind the cover-up of these murders as she states, “If the murder investigations were done properly from the start, the deaths could’ve been prevented.” The story heats up as Lee Byung Joon (Lee Seung Joon) holds up a knife in front of a crowd of cameras and cries out, “Noh Sang Cheon is alive!”

Goo Do Han begins putting the pieces together and concludes that the goal behind the murders of everyone associated with Noh Sang Cheon is to make Noh Sang Cheon himself appear. A dramatic car crash then leaves Noh Sang Cheon covered in his own blood. Right as Goo Do Han asks, “Noh Sang Cheon is alive, right?,” his eyes shoot open.

After it comes to light that Noh Sang Cheon is alive after supposedly dying eight years ago, numerous people step up to find him, leaving Goo Do Han curious to discover the real reason they’re after him.

As someone tries to make a deal with Goo Do Han, another person explains that Goo Do Han is merely baiting them. Noh Sang Cheon confidently states, “If you betray me, you will all die.” Along with a dramatic series of action scenes, the teaser asks, “Who does the final trap belong to?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1576625wpp/watch-jang-keun-suk-inches-closer-to-the-full-truth-behind-heo-sung-taes-crimes-in-teasers-for-decoy-part-2?fbclid=IwAR2YG_1N_cx5ByafPD86jH80YSG8gnb7D7o_3JBMoRkG1KotMkIwUsLYJto

• Like 1

[230221 Wrap-up party support]
We sent a cake, a bottle of champagne, and energy drinks to the wrap-up party of drama ‘Decoy’.
(We paid the expenses from the drama production support funds)
To eels, thank you for your warm support until the end!!

We will continue to do our best to deliver eels’ warm hearts.

52702740804_80ef0c5012.jpg

52702974118_9bd652033f_z.jpg

cr: CriJ tw

• Like 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk Transforms Into Mournful Police Officer In “Decoy: Part 2”
Ahead of its premiere, “Decoy: Part 2″ has unveiled interesting new stills!!

“Decoy” (also known as “The Bait”) is a crime thriller that follows a lawyer-turned-homicide detective searching for the truth behind unsolved past cases by investigating current crimes. Jang Keun Suk stars as Goo Do Han, a detective who is determined to uncover the truth after Noh Sang Cheon (Heo Sung Tae), the culprit of South Korea’s biggest fraud case, is named as a suspect in a present-day murder case even though he supposedly died eight years ago.

jang-keun-suk1.jpeg

Part 1 premiered early this year in over 186 countries around the world and received an average overseas rating of 9.4, quickly becoming Coupang Play’s most popular drama.
Just two days before the premiere of Part 2, “Decoy” has shared intriguing new stills featuring yet another dramatic change of Goo Do Han. Goo Do Han, who was a homicide detective in “Decoy” Part 1, is suddenly spotted in a police uniform. Saluting with a mournful expression, viewers are curious to see who’s at the end of his gaze and the story behind Goo Do Han putting on a police uniform.

jang-keun-suk2.jpeg

Moreover, the last still shows Goo Do Han coming to a shocking realization upon seeing a notebook. What is the new revelation that he finds and how will it help in revealing the truth surrounding Noh Sang Cheon?
Part 2 of “Decoy” premieres on April 7. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1577751wpp/jang-keun-suk-transforms-into-mournful-police-officer-in-teasers-for-decoy-part-2?fbclid=IwAR2g_UlNrdQjS0fTJ1AZlvUaxVExqD_VolUOZ1RXiHoh8mT-bOllWabZGQQ 

• Thanks 1

[Article] Jang Keun Suk says he owes his success to his fans and expresses his affection toward them
Actor Jang Keun Suk, who recently celebrated his 31st year in the industry, expressed his deep affection for his fans during an interview at a café in Seoul's Samcheong-dong district on April 4.

The interview was centered around his role in the Coupang Play series 'Decoy', directed by Kim Hong Seon and written by Kim Jin Wook.
Jang Keun Suk began by stating, "I am extremely careful when it comes to my fans. To me, being careful means showing respect, and I don't take their love for granted."
He went on to say, "I am most afraid of fans who become overly obsessed. I believe that the relationship between a fan and myself is akin to that of a lover. We have responsibilities and obligations toward each other. I often ask my fans, 'Isn't this like dating?' But they dismiss it as nonsense."

52794643932_343c89403d.jpg

Jang Keun Suk also expressed his gratitude toward his fans, stating, "I am aware of how much I owe my success to them. I don't want to disappoint them." He went on to reveal that during his 5-year hiatus, it was for his fans whom he felt the sorriest.
In conclusion, Jang Keun Suk shared, "My fans and I share the same personality - a fiery passion, but sometimes that passion can be excessive. That's why I love them."
Jang Keun Suk's latest role is as detective Gu Do Han in 'Decoy', tracking down an economic criminal who has committed the worst fraud in history and is hiding behind his own death. Part 1 of 'Decoy' was released on January 27, and Part 2 is set to be released on April 7.

52795210206_d1292c132d.jpg

cre: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/04/jang-geun-suk-says-he-owes-his-success-to-his-fans-and-expresses-his-affection-toward-them

• Like 1

[Interview] 'Decoy/Bait' Heo Seong-tae "I thought Jang Keun Suk is a manly man now"

Actor Heo Seong-tae said about actor Jang Keun Suk, whom he worked with in the Coupang Play series 'Bait', "When he was young, he had a glamorous feeling, but now I think he's a real man." 

Heo Seong-tae said in an interview with Ilgan Sports ahead of the release of the Coupang Play series 'Bait' at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul on the 4th, "I have been watching Keun Suk's activities ever since I was not an actor. When we met, it was strange and different,” he said. He added, “I thought I could act as a man to man with Keun Suk.” 

de19b996052ed9502d756ee5bbed9789.jpg

He continued, “Keun Suk has a much better vocal ability than me and is cool. He approached me first and that's it. It was nice that he wasn't the same style,” he said, thanking him and saying, “We had about three drinks, and he was surprised when we talked about the old days. He felt 'You've really been in this field for a long time'. It was amazing to see all the episodes about PDs and directors I didn’t know.” At the same time, he laughed, saying, "It's not fun when people in their 50s talk about it, but it's funny because Keun Suk is talking about it." 

Heo Seong-tae said, “Keun Suk takes care of all his colleagues and staff. He also goes with people who like camping,” he said. “He is strict with himself again. He has all the features of a successful actor,” he praised. 

'Decoy' deals with the story of people tracking down 'that RickRoll'D' who committed the worst fraud ever and hid behind death. Heo Seong-tae plays Noh Sang-cheon, the godfather of multi-level financial fraud and a symbol of absolute evil.

Previously, 'Decoy' received great attention as it was released in 186 countries around the world through Part 1, had an overseas rating of 9.4, and ranked first in Coupang Play's most popular works. 

Part 2 will be released on the 7th.  

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0003266969&fbclid=IwAR3FOkEqoWg8cHMbBmIx8qVIcq7Y2ylg5rAVs-AEm5oMtoIIdhTe1zrhjzs

• Thanks 1

[Article] “Decoy” Jang Keun Suk, “During the 5-year hiatus, I took lessons and learned acting again”
Actor Jang  Keun Suk revealed the story about learning acting again before shooting the drama “Decoy”.
On April 4th, Jang  Keun Suk had an interview with OSEN at a cafe in Jongno-gu, Seoul, and talked about Coupang Play’s original series “Decoy” Part 2, which will be released on the 7th.
“Decoy” is a crime thriller drama that follows the secrets surrounding a criminal in the biggest fraud in history when he was identified as a suspect in a series of murders 8 years after his death. Thanks to its unique structure, solid story that goes back and forth between the current mysterious murder case and the fraud case that shook Korea in the past, and unexpected twists, the drama recorded explosive viewer ratings every week.

52801335388_4eb2498bc8.jpg

Following Part 1, which tells about the fraudster who died eight years ago being identified as a suspect in a series of murders, “Decoy” Part 2 is expected to reveal the hidden truth between the people who chase him until the end and deceive each other in relation to the murders.

Jang Keun Suk said, “I felt so thrilled in the first shoot. Before joining this project, I thought my acting was so stiff. Going to the first shoot after receiving acting lessons and preparing for it for a few months, I felt great tension, excitement, and also fear. When the director gave me the OK sign on the first take, I realized, ‘this is why I am an actor’. I completed Part 1 and Part 2 with the excitement felt when creating every scene.”

52801335378_709569bcd2_z.jpg

He continued, “Although I have been acting for a long time, I wondered the reason I should learn more. It was not about creating something new but about awakening the senses inside me. I did not have the ambition to create new tricks or techniques. Focusing on the overall meaning rather than a specific aspect, I acted as if I was watering a plant. I have been acting for a long time, but I still wanted to get some help and I actually needed it for myself. Nobody told me to do it and I decided to do it myself. That’s how I did it.”

In particular, Jang Keun Suk shared, “While I was thinking about what to do, I told my acting teacher, ‘You can wake me up’. I said I wanted to entrust them, and I remember crying a lot in the first lesson. I think the process of bringing out emotions from my life, regardless of the worldview I get when acting, was very important. I drew a mind map, starting with the people I miss and resent the most in my life, not the characters, and ended up crying with sorrow. I gained confidence after the teacher said I had achieved half the way. That expression was like giving water to my dry emotions.”

cre: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004821610

• Like 1

[News] 'Decoy/Bait' Jang Keun Suk, first choice in 5 years.. Great transformation + overwhelming acting

Decoy' Moon Jang Keun-suk erased the blank
'Decoy' Jang Geun-suk is captivating viewers around the world with his unprecedented transformation and overwhelming acting that erases his 5-year hiatus at once.

In the Coupang Play series 'Decoy/Bait', which deals with the story of people tracking down 'that RickRoll'D' who committed the worst fraudulent crime in history and hid behind death, Jang Keun Suk took on the role of an elite detective who was a lawyer, and immersed himself in the character itself with his high-density acting skills. It is gathering topics every day with a character synchro rate that seems to be alive and breathing.

In 'Bait', the past, the past, and the present flow tightly each time, and if you follow the steps of Gu Do-han, who is gripping the present, you will be chasing the heavy problem of a serial murder case in an asura version of cheating and deceiving each other. You can meet the thrill of extreme tension and reversal. As such, 'Bait' is captivating viewers around the world as a well-made K-thriller with its unique composition, delicate characters, and meticulously calculated development of even the props, as well as a clear sense of theme.

0000880319_001_20230414092001299.jpg?typ

Jang Keun Suk also fell into the trap of this deadly charm possessed by 'bait'. Jang Keun Suk, who spent five years looking into himself, was able to get out of the abyss of deep worries because of the fundamental power of the 'bait' itself.

He earned the nickname 'Prince of Asia' by exploding his charm as if he was wearing a tailored suit in the romantic comedy genre, mainly in the romantic comedy genre, such as the dramas 'Hwang Jin-yi', 'Beethoven Virus', 'You're Beautiful', 'Pretty Man', and 'You're a Pet'. It was inevitably attracted to the undoubtedly crime thriller 'Bait', as well as the reversal ending in a thrilling development, convincing characters, and a clear sense of the subject.

Jang Keun Suk, perfectly possessed by Gu Do-han, a 'brain-sex detective' equipped with a shaggy beard, sharpness and meticulous investigative skills, confessed that he felt joy the moment the question mark turned into an exclamation mark. “While filming 'Bait', whenever the staff said, 'I didn't know you could do this,' I gained courage and felt joy myself. I accepted the idea of creating something inside me as a 'bait' as if it were fate." Through 'Bait', Jang Keun-suk broke the prejudice of the public and his own limitations, and expanded the depth of his work by unfolding the longing in depth.

Writer Kim Jin-wook, who wrote 'Bait', also said, "I don't tend to write in detail about the character's emotions or explanations in the fingerprint. Actors should have pondered and researched on this blank space and acted, but Jang Keun Suk was the one who rescued him.”

Thanks to the solid character of Gu Do-han, built up by Jang Geun-suk, the narrative of Noh Sang-cheon (played by Heo Seong-tae), who became the godfather of a Ponzi scheme in part 1 from a neighborhood gangster, was meticulously revived. It is thrilling viewers around the world with its fast-paced development that digs deep into the drama. Jang Keun-suk's colorful transformations, from his sharp reasoning power to bursting with brain-sex potential to thrilling motorcycle chase scenes, are melted into 'Bait'.

As such, Jang Keun Suk plans to enhance the fun of watching by portraying the unusual aspect of Gu Do-han in the remaining episodes with a sense of weight, so attention is focused on his future performance.

'Decoy', which contains the special transformation of Jang Keun-Suk, who is renewing his life character as a rescuer, will be released today on the 14th through Coupang Play.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=144&aid=0000880319

• Thanks 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk, outstanding psychological depiction
Part 2 of the Coupang play series 'Decoy/Bait' Jang Keun Suk raised the level of immersion with a passionate performance that goes back and forth between cold and hot.
In episodes 9 and 10 of "Decoy" Part 2, which aired on the 14th, Jang Keun Suk portrayed the various situations and emotions of Gu Do Han, who is chasing Noh Sang Cheon (Heo Sung Tae), with solid acting skills. 

In the ninth episode, Jang Keun Suk captivated the viewers by elegantly portraying various emotions, from his tenacity to Gu Do Han's incident to his sincerity toward Jung Na Young (Lee Elijah).

In addition, in episode 10, the complex psychology of Gu Do-han, who was in front of the key person in the incident, was completed with a skillful adjustment performance.

45ff238cbacd7abee67754244bbf66aa.jpg

In this way, Jang Keun Suk brilliantly portrays the psychological changes that occur between the intertwined characters in the process of uncovering the incident, and adds dramatic fun by imbuing the narrative with a sense of urgency by impersonating the character.
On the other hand, the 11th and final episodes of "Decoy/Bait" Part 2 will be streamed on Coupang play on the 21st Apr. In Japan, it will be broadcast for the first time on KNTV from June 17th.

https://www.koari.net/entertainment/150809/

• Like 1