my acne journey.

Guest diceey

Guest ProjectVirtue

WHOAAA!!! I hope it works for me too!!!

Do you use the entire bottle of the Yakult?

Ooo, time to make a tirp to TnT! XD

My main area for acne is on my forehead. ITS DISGUSTING! I hope I get the same results as you!

You're so pretty btw! b><d

XD

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you provide the steps on making the mask?

and @ ProjectVirtue - she said she just eyeballed how much to put in.

Just make sure that with masks, you are adding enough of each to form a paste - not to thick/dry, and not to watery. Wait until it's dry and then wash it off. Most of these DIY masks don't have exact amounts. Even though it says 1/2 spoon this, 1/2 a cup of that, etc. Most of the time people just eye ball it, and the amount isn't really exact, even when you use a measuring cup. You pretty much eyeball the amount on half a teaspoon anyways XD So don't worry too much about it. Make sure to make enough of an amount to cover your whole face as well.

In addition, when I drank Yakult back in HK, the bottles are pretty small. So don't worry if you end up using quite a bit of the bottle. The mung bean paste/starch is pretty thick, so yea... All these ingredients are relatively cheap and if they can help your skin, then it's totally worth it!

Holy crruuuudd

I am so going to run to Chinatown to get the mask ingredients and mall for the cleanser.

My forehead has been breaking out more and I want it to stop cause I feel like I need to hide it ;~;

Thanks for sharing <3

Thank you guys for reading! I'm glad this worked out so well for me and hopefully it'll work out for you guys as well.

and for the questions...

IckyVicky<3dongbang: yes, mung bean starch is white. it basically looks and smells like the typical starch!

dragonwings221: thank you for the compliment. that is so sweet. and yes, stress was such a huge factor here ! Everytime I start worrying about things or exams and such, its like a massive volcano breakout.

purexorange: haha yes, that's exactly what it's called.

AyumiExclusive: LOL ahahha that's what i said too. Yakult can get expensive if this masks has to be used daily.. so i think it should work. (if they have the legit ingredients? ) :) !

MISSxSHAMPOO: thank you! and dont worry, im sure those scars/acne will settle down and fade away soon! they do take a while so you'll have to be patient. but dont lose hope<3 ! and sure I can take pictures soon. but basically you just mix the two ingredients together I usually start out with the starch in the bowl and pour the liquid in and then mix. but since it's a starch, you wouldnt want too much or too less liquid because it'll get really hard at first, then start dripping all over the place. so for the first time, just test things out and see which is the right consistency that you're comfortable with. :)

pig_tailed_girl: I'm sorry you cant find the mung bean starch. I really dont know what you can use as an alternative but ill ask my grandmother =) maybe she'll know! I'll update you as soon as she tells me .

jenandhansun: I usually put the mask on after I wash my face with the cleanser. Just to get all the dirt and stuff off your face. but when i'm washing the mask off, i just use warm water (no cleanser) or it'll dry out my skin. then i just use witch hazel as a toner! that stuff is pretty amazing too. but it doesn't smell very appealing.

xoxo_03: thank you! and i have really sensitive skin too ): it's such a hassle. um, well.. the mung bean starch that i bought came in a white bag LOL. and it just said mung bean starch. ahaha but i can help you find a bag that's more.. descriptive and stuff. (:

TaroStrawberryCream: oh don't worry, i never use the whole bottle of yakult ! only a little is required. and I usually leave the mask on til its dry and sometimes i leave it on for a LONG time when I get lazy. I dont think there's really a time limit, just as long as it's dried.

Maipcrkiyl: The steps are easy, you just mix the two ingredients together... but that can be kind of hard. so start off with a little of everything. you dont want it too thick because eventually it'll start sliding down your face and it gets REALLY messy. I can post up pictures later on how to create the mask :)

ProjectVirtue: haha no, i dont use the whole bottle of yakult ! i just use.. well.. not a lot. i always end up drinking most of it ! :) and thank you.

Kurisu: exactly ! i just eyeball everything. and if its not at the right thickness, i just add more of the liquid or the powder. :) it really doesnt matter. aha

hopefully this will give you all the same results it gave me ! but honestly, this mask takes a lot of patience... so dont worry if the results aren't immediate. eventually you'll get there :) <3 thank you for all the compliments too. take care and have a great day !

Guest papiroflexia

WOW.

I did not know this was possible, haha.

Your skin looks great now!

Totally would try this out one day.

Thanks for posting!

interesting, ive never heard of mung bean starch. i remember my mom made me drink mung bean soup when i broke out a lot and she said my face looked clearer after a few days. but idk if its really the mung bean because my skin changes all the time.. sometimes im clearing up and then ill just get a bunch of break outs >_<

id like to try this mask out.. thanks for sharing!

Guest MISSxSHAMPOO

MISSxSHAMPOO: thank you! and dont worry, im sure those scars/acne will settle down and fade away soon! they do take a while so you'll have to be patient. but dont lose hope<3 ! and sure I can take pictures soon. but basically you just mix the two ingredients together I usually start out with the starch in the bowl and pour the liquid in and then mix. but since it's a starch, you wouldnt want too much or too less liquid because it'll get really hard at first, then start dripping all over the place. so for the first time, just test things out and see which is the right consistency that you're comfortable with. :)

thanks for replying!

haha, i am going to the korean super market tomorrow to buy some yakult & starchie thingy!

i think the mung bean starch is something like this right?

10102006180825_407_detail.jpg

Guest pinktux101

omg, i really want to try this. But I don't get what the starch is suppose to look like. Do I just spread it all over my face and leave it on? And how long am I suppose to leave this on for, and is it suppose to soak into my skin? Or should I wash it off after a certain amount of time. Thanks!

Guest cherii2007

Wow, that's incredible!!

Yes, please do write up instructions on how to make the mask. I'm going to have to go and find some Mung Bean Starch. Sounds like it smells funny. xD

I really wish I could have clear skin, especially for my Year 12 formal this year, and school photos. >_<

Man though, your skin looks gorgeous now! Seriously inspirational.

Guest MiizzHyukiie

wow, you're skin is GORGEOUS NOW.

definitely going to try out your little mung bean starch mixture.

my forehead and nose are very acne prone :/

holy crap i've been drinking yakult since i was 5! and mung bean powder is something my mom had been using to make some desserts since forever ago! i had no idea it could do this! props for your grandma for passing on this bit of knowledge; now we can tell our grandkids. (:

Yakult is so bomb. I had no idea you could make a mask with that. Do you know if this also works to get rid of acne scars? Or is it just to clear acne? And wow, your skin looks amazing!!

Guest x.3christine

wow...your skin looks fantastic.

thanks for sharing, good thing i live in an Asian community too, the supermarket isn't far away and i see those things ALL the time at the supermarket :)

Guest mynameissecret

did a bit of research...thought i would share :)

Mung bean possesses detoxicant, heat dispersing, diuretic, and hypolipemic properties. The most common traditional uses of mung bean include heat rash, prickly heat, summer heat syndrome (restlessness, irritability, thirst, etc.), heatstroke, food and drug poisoning, "toxic" conditions (erysipelas, carbuncles, boils, swellings, sores, etc.). Modern internal uses include agricultural and heavy metal poisoning, mumps, dysentery, enteritis, and dyspepsia. Modern external uses include blackheads, acne, sores, boils, and burns.

Based on its effectiveness in treating and healing burns, reportedly without scars, as well as its recent use in treating acne and blackheads, mung bean flour has found its way into some skin care cosmetics.

credit: http://leungschineseherbnews.blogspot.com/.../mung-bean.html

I’m going to give you a great recipe for a facial. If you have acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, or just need to exfoliate in a major way, this is your lucky day. This facial is for long term use. You should see results immediately, but will see better results over a period of time.

Do you know what mung beans are? They’re a staple in Asian cooking—used in everything from soups to deserts. Today we’re going to use them for a facial. I got this recipe from someone who had an allergic reaction to food. Her face broke out badly and she was left with some scarring. She has used the formula for a year and her skin is perfectly clear.

1. With a blender, make a fine powder of mung beans and put aside.

2. Dampen a face cloth in warm tea such as sage or warm water with a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rose. Then lay the cloth over your face for 10-15 minutes to loosen dirt, oil, and debris on your skin.

3. Scoop some of the mung bean powder in your hand and scrub it on whichever part you want to exfoliate.

4. Wash off after 3 minutes of scrubbing.

credit:http://face-natural.com/blog/recipes/natural-skin-care-mung-bean-facial

Im thinking it's the Mung bean flour that helped your skin since I couldn't find much about Yakult have any external benefits...

Your skin right now looks sooo pretty! Not only is it clear its also really bright.

I wanna try it now. Hey isn't yakult sticky too?

Archived