my acne journey.

Guest diceey

Just a random thought, if there's anyone here who can't find mung bean starch/flour anywhere (like me rofl) we can make one by making mung bean into a powder? I dunno like, using blender? lol. or go to places that makes powders/flours and ask the ppl there to make mung bean into powder? XDD

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you use yogureuteu (romanization)?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3066/300668..._b01a0438eb.jpg

:0 can you get the starch at a chinese grocery? or korean? both? LOL

I got this also from the Korean Supermarket! It's from a brand called MAEIL. I hope it's the same one as the Yakult. I scoured Palama Supermarket and found both the Yakult and the Mung Bean Powder. I am going to start this tonight - pray that I won't get lazy! Good luck to everyone!

Guest Eun_Jung

ahhhh ><;; this is so cool!

hehe so i should wash this off after 30 minutes?

and i wash it off with just water right? ^^;; (super noob speaking~!)

Guest Wiinniiee

Oh wow this really works?

I have to try this! i have some acne scars and blemishes and it never goes away i hope this works!

I bought mung bean powder and it's yellowish-green because it's milled with the husks on. What color is your powder?

The only ingredient is mung beans whereas the white powder has mung bean and water (lol wtf right? shady.) and the starch has starch and mung beans.

And, Yakult is expensive. @__@

I'll get a cheaper alternative next time.

Guest pig_tailed_girl

I ordered mung bean starch from Sasa its from the brand "kuan yuan" just for a dollar for 80grams

still have to wait a couple of weeks more though, while waiting, I tried using yakult directly using a cotton ball instead

and leaving it on to dry

no harm done and it added a certain glow

-

I just want to ask how often you guys do this mask? Is it safe to do daily, Because I drink yakult everyday since I was a kid, so I want to do the mask daily also

Guest gimmickation

A great way to help your acne is to sleep on a clean towel every night, or a clean pillowcase, as long as it is different every night. I've been doing that and applying a facial mask of honey and sugar for around 20-30 minutes each night, and its helped a great deal.

Guest catnekochan

so have anyone try it yet? I tried it like few days ago and I really like the result after I washed it off. It mades my face super soft and glowy! I use tea tree oil+water as a toner after and it makes my complexion reallie nice n clean. I'm goin to do it again tonite and will do it foe a few weeks to see if it helps my acne/blemishes^^

Guest onnetwothreefour

A great way to help your acne is to sleep on a clean towel every night, or a clean pillowcase, as long as it is different every night. I've been doing that and applying a facial mask of honey and sugar for around 20-30 minutes each night, and its helped a great deal.

I do this (towel/shirt/pillowcase) but I get lazy haha. When I use a dark shirt, I get surprised at how much oil it soaks up when I wake up.

Guest Purimyuu

Ooo, just tried it today! Except.. not to the letter XD

Couldn't find yakult >< So i subbed in honey and mixed it with the mung bean flour. Honey.. is REALLY sticky haha XD didn't feel much of a difference though, made my face softer though! this was only the first time so XD. Guess I'll have to get the Yakult XD

OH! When I went to go buy the mung bean flour at TnT, there wasn't a direct bad that said mung bean flour. But my mom threw me a bag that said green bean flour and said its the same thing but in chinese or in india they call it mung bean, and in North America its called green bean? Is this true? Otherwise... I totally bought the wrong powder!! T^T

Guest pig_tailed_girl

wait..

is MUNG bean the same as MONGGO beans?

its called monggo here in the Philippines and they look similar, but im not sure

Guest sweetfantasy09

haha! i did this yesterday. i was using yakult with soy bean powder. i couldn't find mung bean powder.. not in that grocery store i went to.. so, my house does have soy bean powder still; hence i used that as substitute before buying mung bean powder. anyhow, i think i left it way too long because i fell asleep while waiting for it to dry. wahhaha!

so, i didn't wash it off because it's dried. i peeled it off. it works like those peel off mask. lol.. my skin is really soft after that but on the forehead.. because the paste stick on some of my hair, i can't peel it off.. very painful! haha! so, i slowly wash it off and follow with my normal skin care routine. i still have the paste left from yesterday and so i am going to do it again today. the acne on my cheek has reduce its redness too.

that's from my first time on using this method

Guest winterlain

wait..

is MUNG bean the same as MONGGO beans?

its called monggo here in the Philippines and they look similar, but im not sure

I think it is the same thing. At least, that is what my mom, who grew up in the Philippines says~ ^__^

Guest torteca

OH! When I went to go buy the mung bean flour at TnT, there wasn't a direct bad that said mung bean flour. But my mom threw me a bag that said green bean flour and said its the same thing but in chinese or in india they call it mung bean, and in North America its called green bean? Is this true? Otherwise... I totally bought the wrong powder!! T^T

Yep. Mung beans IS Green bean. and Monggo bean . they're all the same.

EDIT: I tried the mask awhile ago and I did feel it did something for my face! I like the feeling!

However, it's kind of hard to mix the thing well since the flour will harden when yakult is added. It's really messy too.

I'll try it again on thursday!

Guest goldenGAZE

I bought mung bean powder and it's yellowish-green because it's milled with the husks on. What color is your powder?

The only ingredient is mung beans whereas the white powder has mung bean and water (lol wtf right? shady.) and the starch has starch and mung beans.

And, Yakult is expensive. @__@

I'll get a cheaper alternative next time.

did a bit of research...thought i would share :)

Do you know what mung beans are? They’re a staple in Asian cooking—used in everything from soups to deserts. Today we’re going to use them for a facial. I got this recipe from someone who had an allergic reaction to food. Her face broke out badly and she was left with some scarring. She has used the formula for a year and her skin is perfectly clear.

1. With a blender, make a fine powder of mung beans and put aside.

2. Dampen a face cloth in warm tea such as sage or warm water with a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rose. Then lay the cloth over your face for 10-15 minutes to loosen dirt, oil, and debris on your skin.

3. Scoop some of the mung bean powder in your hand and scrub it on whichever part you want to exfoliate.

4. Wash off after 3 minutes of scrubbing.

credit:http://face-natural.com/blog/recipes/natural-skin-care-mung-bean-facial

Im thinking it's the Mung bean flour that helped your skin since I couldn't find much about Yakult have any external benefits...

@kikkie.kl

If you have no Yakut, follow this step. I'm also probably gonna be a cheapskate and try this out using these steps ^^

Guest ♥oyen♥

I've been trying this for 2 days now, eversince I saw this thread! XD I got intrigued.

Except that I cannot find Mung Starch thing.

I only apply the yakult using cotton ball... so far it doesnt give me break out or negative effects on

my skin xD

I'm gonna continue it til I see the results!

Thanks for this :)

Archived