my acne journey.

Guest diceey

congrats to those who see a difference after using this mask :) i guess you just have to be really consisten with it (dont get lazy, or it'll all come back) i still currently use this mask even though i dont break out anymore. it just gives me that glow and makes my skin so soft !

also, the time frame between those pictures was about... start of december to just a few days ago. :) it really does work if you're consistent with the mask. at first, i used it everyday, and slowly when i was seeing more results,i just tone it down a bit.

and i dont know if grounding/blending mung bean would work the same way... but i guess it doesnt hurt to try ! it should be thouhg :) since that's the main ingredient anyways!

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Purimyuu

I'm guessing Yakult is a brand? I could only find a bottle that looked exactly like it, but it didn't say Yakult...

It was called Biofeel?

2943228816_038b4d1ca5.jpg

Is it the same thing? In the ingredients it also said it has Lactobacilus? Does that work too?

Guest pig_tailed_girl

Some cool research information I found about lactobacillus & acne.

^I think anything that has lactobacilli shirota strain is okay

---

Lactobacillus casei reduces CD8+ T cell-mediated skin inflammation.

Chapat L, Chemin K, Dubois B, Bourdet-Sicard R, Kaiserlian D.

Inserm-U404 "Immunité et Vaccination", CERVI, IFR-128 BioSciences Lyon-Gerland, Lyon, France.

Probiotics, including Lactobacilli, have been postulated to alleviate allergic and inflammatory diseases, but evidence that they exert an anti-inflammatory effect by immune modulation of pathogenic T cell effectors is still lacking. The aim of this study was to examine whether L. casei could affect antigen-specific T cell-mediated skin inflammation. To this end, we used contact hypersensitivity to the hapten 2,4-dinitrofluorobenzene, a model of allergic contact dermatitis mediated by CD8+ CTL and controlled by CD4+ regulatory T cells. Daily oral administration of fermented milk containing L. casei or L. casei alone decreased skin inflammation by inhibiting the priming/expansion of hapten-specific IFN-gamma-producing CD8+ effector T cells. The down-regulatory effect of the probiotics required the presence of CD4+ T cells, which control the size of the hapten-specific CD8+ T cell pool primed by skin sensitization. L. casei cell wall was as efficient as live L. casei to regulate both the CHS response and the hapten-specific CD8+ T cell response, suggesting that cell wall components contribute to the immunomodulatory effect of L. casei. This study provides the first evidence that oral administration of L. casei can reduce antigen-specific skin inflammation by controlling the size of the CD8+ effector pool. Copyright 2004 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co.

---

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7510734.pdf

WHOA! Look at the difference! You need to treat your grandma for lunch/dinner. ^^

I tried it on a portion of my face, I don't know if I'm hallucinating but that portion of my face looks less red.

I'm glad you shared your story and the mask.

I'm guessing Yakult is a brand? I could only find a bottle that looked exactly like it, but it didn't say Yakult...

It was called Biofeel?

2943228816_038b4d1ca5.jpg

Is it the same thing? In the ingredients it also said it has Lactobacilus? Does that work too?

It is the same thing. I have drank the Biofeel and the "normal" Yakult brand before (:

I am definitely going to try out the mask! I get small pimples every once in awhile, so hopefully this will stop them and help me out with the scars (scars are my biggest issue and pores).

But I have one question: Do you use an entire bottle of Yakult, and how much flour should you be using (i.e. one teaspoon)?

Guest satisfaction!

wow this gives me hope T.T

i have the same type of skin except worse.

my skin has never been this bad before...so i'm desperate D:

thank you!

must try it tmrw!

Guest pig_tailed_girl

Thanks! Will use this daily! Ive been having acne problems on my chin and nose area and iven plain old benzoyl peroxide doesnt do the trick

I wonder if this can minimize pores as well?

Guest Shellymelly

I think it's the Yakult that is working because of this ingredient: Lactobacillus casei Shirota. I tried it yesterday using Yakult and coffee... I didn't have any mung bean starch. I did some research on mung bean starch and the ingredients are basically mung bean, but there wasn't anything significant about mung bean... But Lactobacillus casei Shirota is pretty much like lactic acid, which can be found in yogurt, and it basically peels off the dead skin... Something like that... so YEAHH.. LOL. Afterwards my skin felt pretty good... the scars seem to have lightened a little... but it MIGHT also be because I'm on antibiotics... I've only been taking the pill for 2 days though... I don't really know why my doctor prescribed me those pills because I only have like../5 pimples... ==; But she said that it prevents it from occurring for a bit so I'm like MEH ok then.

Guest Purimyuu

It is the same thing. I have drank the Biofeel and the "normal" Yakult brand before (:

I am definitely going to try out the mask! I get small pimples every once in awhile, so hopefully this will stop them and help me out with the scars (scars are my biggest issue and pores).

But I have one question: Do you use an entire bottle of Yakult, and how much flour should you be using (i.e. one teaspoon)?

OH! I asked this question early in the thread, I think she said that she doesn't use an entire bottle cause that'll make too much. She just made each ingredient proportional enough to make a paste, so just eyeball it XD

Correct me if I'm wrong XD

But, I am wondering if the texture of the paste is supposed to be on the more "stiff"side, or more liquidy?

Guest babygrl

i just did the mask today. i didn't know wat i was doing but i put the whole yakult and the mung bean starch. it was too much T_T so i used it on my back since i have some acne there. it has a nice feeling when you put it on. my face is kind of soft and i noticed i turned whiter O_O i just used it lyk 30 minutes ago. o well gotta use more for results

ps. always check if ur ingrediants are expired. my yakult just expired yestaurday. so i'm pretty mad bout tat. so i drank lyk 2 of them and used one for the mask. i was lyk wat the heck who cares. lol

i wanna try this, i have pimples on my forehead =.= bothers me too much

how often do u guys suggest using this mask? =O

and is there a difference between mung bean POWDER and mung been STARCH? which one do i get?

Guest kotsumi

I used this mask last night and I REALLY love it :] It gave my skin a nice sort of clarity and made it really soft. I'm planning on using it every other day. I don't have super bad acne anymore, but I'm hoping it will help with scarring. I looked up mung beans, and they're supposed to have detoxifying and nurturing sort of properties.

Anddd.. I spent half an hour hand grinding mung beans last night because the nearest Asian market to my house is 25 miles away. >< They are HARD little suckers!

Then my mom came home and busted out her food processor and ground me a weeks worth of mung bean powder in 5 minutes. XD

LOL.

kotsumi- your post just cracked me up. :) i tried to do the same thing when i ran out.. and my grandma just went crazy b/c i wasted a whole jar of her precious beans. :) i was just grounding awaaaaay.

Purimyuu: the texture i go for is more on the stiffer side. when it's liquidy, its really hard to keep it in place and still move around. but sometimes the stiff side just ..completely falls off my face. --

_YooMi: i dont know if theres that much of a difference. im guesing it's just texture? i havent tried mung bean powder for a long period of time, but im sure it'll work the same.

Purimyuu: WHOO ! its okay, i used biofeel. yakult was a bit too pricey -_-' they work the same, trust me. LOL

:)

Guest ChasyLe

ill try this one!!! when i red this topic i already started doing this experiment... but i only used yakult because it is the only one available in our refrigerator hehe!!! but i hope something will change in one week ill update you guys!

Guest jeneel30

thanks so much for sharing...I have acne scars and blemishes below my chin around my jawline area...my dermatologist says that's a really stubborn area and the blemishes might not go away:( I'm going to try the mask and see if it works

Archived