my acne journey.

Guest diceey

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we use this before cleansing or after cleansing? Toner after? Moisturize after?

Cleanse, apply mask, wash off, apply toner, (apply moisturizer) is what I do. It's working great for me so far ^_^

Guest nhungy

well, i saw this thread like last night and was so amazed and surprised with your result. I went to five different supermarkets just to find the two ingredients. Now that I know where I can find them, it's a lot easier! BTW, I got the Yakult at Stater Bros. Did not know they have it there but they DO! ;)) I couldn't find the mung starch so I bought the flour instead. I read the ingredients and it said "mung bean and water" and it's white. so I'm assuming this one is just almost or is the same as the starch. I'm trying it on right now and will come back to inform you guys how it goes for me!

Thank you so much for everyone's information and especially for the topic starter! :D

so i asked a food guru blogger about how to distinguish mung bean starch vs. flour because the labeling is often misleading, and here's what she says:

Mung bean flour is ground directly from mung beans, whereas mung bean starch is only the starch extracted from the mung beans, like all the other starches extracted from wheat flour, corn etc, except different type of starch all have different strength, and slightly different properties.

You need to read the ingredient list on the package, if it says starch then it is mung bean starch, if it says mung beans then it is mung bean flour. Mung bean flour is off white/pale ‘yellow’ in colour, mung bean starch is white.

Mung bean starch is used like other starches, it is set into a soft ‘jelly’-like kueh, which can be then used to stir-fry. Mung bean flour is used to make Cantonese Almond Crumbles (see my recipe in this blog).

Guest french toast

i tried this last night with Biofeel and mung bean starch but this morning when i woke up, my face was very red and a bit swollen! Could it be because of the Biofeel, since it's sweet? I'm pretty bummed, but I think I might try it (on my hand first) again with just water. Has anyone else gotten this problem?

Guest missay_laylay

Has anyone tired it for a while now and is able to give up updates with pictures? i think this is so amazing

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

hey thanks so much for ur reply!!

but may i know, we put toner or mask on damp face ya?

Your welcome :)

I put mask on a slightly damp face, but you can put it on a dry face as well, it doesn't matter, whichever easier for you.

As for toner, I put it on a dry face before the moisturizer.

Has anyone tired it for a while now and is able to give up updates with pictures? i think this is so amazing

i don't have any pictures, but i've been using this for 1.5 weeks and it made my pimples disappear! i only have very minuscule bumps now. i'm really excited to see the results in the next couple of weeks :D

Guest missay_laylay

i don't have any pictures, but i've been using this for 1.5 weeks and it made my pimples disappear! i only have very minuscule bumps now. i'm really excited to see the results in the next couple of weeks :D

it would be great if you could take a picture now, post it and then again at the end of 2 months!

my skin is extremely allergic to most to the strong acne washes at the drug store, so i'm really cauios with my face.

Everything's making me hopeful ^_^

I'm just wondering if you use other products, and how often you use it?

Like do you do it before you go to bed? Do you apply the mask first, remove it, tone then moisturize?

Just curious because I don't think you can get the best results with just the mask :P Or maybe I'm wrong?

Guest Special Ed

Ugghh. I wanna try mung beans but my asian stores don't carry it! Do I have to import it myself?! Boo! And then my sister just drank all of my Yakult. T_T Now I'm gonna do the rice flour + green tea facial.

Guest kath09is

I haven't had a change to go to the asian grocery to by mung bean starch but i tried putting just plain natural yoghurt on my face which should have the same bacteria as the yakult and although it probably isn't as amazing as yoghut/yakult AND mung bean starch..... I think it did a really great job. I've used it twice so far and my face has really brightened up my face & scars

Just applied the mask. I can feel it tightening already. It was not that hard to make, and it did not drip for me.

(: It took me awhile to find Mung Bean Starch at a Korean supermarket. I ended up walking up and down all the aisles.

As for Yakult, I definitely recommend those who like the drink and want to try out this mask a few times to see if stores are selling them in packages. They usually come in five, but when I went, they were selling a big pack (30) for less than 4 bucks (: Ended up buying 2 packages since I adore the drink and it will give me a reason to try this mask for a few weeks to see if I am one of the lucky ones who will see good results (: I mainly need it for my scars, and for small pimples I get every once in awhile. I am glad that I am past the stage where I got a lot of pimples all the time!

Guest LollipopRocks

my brother and i have been trying this mask together. I don't really have pimples on my face. I do have scars. have you guys found the mask to be effective on scars?

my brother, on the other hand, has lots of pimples. Its been working wonders on his face. we saw results after one mask. all of his "fresh" pimples were dried out.

we both put on the mask for 45 - 60 minutes.

Guest PeachyPie

Update: I've been using this mask everyday for almost a week now. I noticed that it faded some of my new hyperpigmentations, ones dating back from December-January. Overall, I'm quite happy. I never expected something as simple as this to show result this quickly.

(I also love how it makes my skin glow afterwards. ^_^ )

Guest yellow submarine

do you guys make a bowl of it and then store it in the fridge? or do you have to mix the two ingredients every time?

Archived