my acne journey.

Guest diceey

Guest lisalee89

the Mung Bean Starch that i use is white powder. I had initially tried the green mung beans and i had to blend them myself. I didn't like the consistency of it and the color was just awful. When I applied it to my skin, it felt funny. After I switched to the MUNG BEAN STARCH, it felt somewhat right and better, leaving my skin with a nice glow and soft feel.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest starrynite786

Green bean starch is the same thing as mung bean starch. :]

lol thanks yea i googled it when i got home. ive been using the green bean starch with just plain homemade yougurt and after three days my acne scars have lightened and my skin is more even toned in complexion. so cool! i just leave it on for 20 mins. hope my skin doesnt get used to it and it stops working because this is better than anything else i've ever tried and wasted money on...

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

Does it clear up scars? That's my only problem now :)

I wanna know this too. I hate those stupid dark spot scars!! <_<

& does anyone know if TNT sell this mung bean starch? nvm, they don't have it.

Guest mandarinoriental

the Mung Bean Starch that i use is white powder. I had initially tried the green mung beans and i had to blend them myself. I didn't like the consistency of it and the color was just awful. When I applied it to my skin, it felt funny. After I switched to the MUNG BEAN STARCH, it felt somewhat right and better, leaving my skin with a nice glow and soft feel.

i blended the mung beans too and yeah it was an awful colour! super greenish? and i tried to make the consistency as pasty as possible but.. it wouldn't stick on my face and yeah, felt funny. when i washed it off my face totally smelt like mung beans. haha gotta get some mung bean starch/flour soon... so excited to try it out! thanks for sharing. :)

Guest jeneel30

I totally agree. So far I've only used it once with my mom, and both of us feel the difference. It really does make the skin glowy and soft! We've used expensive masks before and the results weren't as obvious and great as with these mung bean masks. It's very easy to wash off too. My skin feels good to the touch now but it still has patches of blemishes. I really want to get rid of those. I hope the mask helps with lightening also.

Today is my first day trying this! haha, I just washed off the mung bean mask just now and boy did it take a while @_@. Stubborn mask... but it did feel really good as it tightened and my skin felt SOO soft afterwards! I hope to seee good results after several weeks!

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS AWESOME ACNE CURE WITH US! <3 <3 <3

Diceey! You look amazing! Your skin looks very good. I have exactly the same skin you had on your before pics but I always cover it up with makeup. I have alot of red hyperpigmentation. I would love to one day be able to go out in public without foundation on. By the way, did you have makeup on in the last 2 pics? I would love to get improvement like you! Can you post your skincare regimen. Like what cleanser (I know you said Neutrogena) but what about moisturizer, etc? Tell me what you do skincare wise AM and PM. Thanks!!!! I will definately try out the mask and I will post updates. Thank you sooo much for the share and for the courage to post your pics. You rock :D

Guest s u n d a e_

oh. my. god. the results are so good im thinking you're a promoter working for yakult! lol. im definitely gonna try that one.

like you, i have very sensitive skin, which oils a lot in certain areas but in others is very dry. recently ive started using cleansers and skincare products- with lots of improvement! all of my friends keep asking me if im in love (hence, radiant skin =/ )

if you're still looking for a good cleanser for sensitive skin, try Estherderm Gentle Cleansing Milk. It's a Parisian brand and out of the many many ive tried, this one i love love love.

for spot treatment, ive tried Clearasil and all those other brands with slight results, but with japanese brand FANCL's medicate acne essence every single emerging spot that I put this on never got big enough to notice. honestly, you gotta try it. ive tried other FANCL products, even their acne care range, but to less success. the FANCL FDR range for sensitive skin is pretty good too.

still, i think ill try your mask!!

That's amazing. :o How did you figure that one out? Can I ask a couple of questions? :lol:

- How much mung bean starch flour and Yakult milk do you mix together?

- How many times a day, week, etc did you do the mask

- Did you do it just once a day or once when you wake up and once when you go to sleep?

If you're looking at my avatar, I have pimples, but it's not so bad that light foundation can't cover it up lol.

-kisstheice.

Guest _GLITCH_

omg I love yakult!!! <3

I guess it works because there's a live bacteria culture in there.

The bacteria eats the starch and produces acid/alcohol that helps out the skin. It also takes out the other skin bacteria.

lol

I'm just guessing at this <3 but it seems logical

THANK FOR SHARING!!!

Guest MCYOO<3

i've been using this mask for about 2 weeks now and i'm soooo happy with the results. my skin's usually

super dry because i'm using this acne set that dries up my skin a lot, but ever since i've been using this mask

my skin is sooo much more moisterized and soft. I haven't had a breakout since the day i've used this!! :D

My biggest problem was also my scars which i havent been able to get rid of, but my scars are slowly

fading. I'm so happy!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, it's been so helpful for me! :)

Guest trekkie123

Okay so basically I've use this mask for 6 days now and this was what I observed.

1. The mask doesn't give an immediate effect on the pimples. It is only a few hours after removing the mask that I start to notice a slight fading of the scars.

2. Similarly, for any pimple that is pus infused (disgusting i know), the amount of pus reduces after a few hours.

3. I find that you really need the right amount of mung bean and yakult. Days when I know there's less mung bean flour, the change is noticably less.

4. I still get new pimples but then again, I'm really stressed this week or it could also be that my skin is purging the toxins, not sure but will continue to stick with it as I see results in my scars.

Let me know if you have observed the same things.

first time trying this today. i was only able to find the yakult drink. i decided to grind up mung beans with a blender which created some powder but mostly fine grains like salt. it is kinda hard to keep the mask on cause it crumbles so i took a damp paper towel, spread the paste on it and laid it on my face. it felt pretty nice. not sure if theres a difference since its only the first time using it. ill continue to use it and hope for a positive change ^^

im also wondering if probiotic yogurt (plain) would work since yakult is a probiotic drink.

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

just wondering when you guys use this? morning, noon, night? and do you use it everyday?

I'm using it for the first day today & I think I'm planning to use it at night time. The OP said she used it 3 times a week, so I think I'm gonna do that. I don't want to use it everyday cuz then my skin will become tolerant to it.

Archived