my acne journey.

Guest diceey

Guest rawr_sheila

Nice sharing, but you should always have good self-esteem no matter what;

even if your skin turns bad again.

My skin is actually like yours, but Im not interested in getting really nice skin.

But I am using some facial scrubs. So Im satisfied, and I've learn to appreciate

myself for who I am. I am satisfied with my body.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cherubie

Nice sharing, but you should always have good self-esteem no matter what;

even if your skin turns bad again.

My skin is actually like yours, but Im not interested in getting really nice skin.

But I am using some facial scrubs. So Im satisfied, and I've learn to appreciate

myself for who I am. I am satisfied with my body.

There's a difference between being truly happy with who you are, and just settling for what you get. Everyone (almost) wants to be their best, whether it's looks/personality/education etc.

Guest smexy7rina

update!!!

so i tried dis out for a week now and my skin is on its way to flawless

i have sum acne scars and sum small pimples still but it definitely

got my skin to the point where im actually happy!! thanks alot for dis

regime girl!

Guest yunafied

sooo this pack works pretty good. Its a bit messy but after you play around with it a little you get the hang of it . I just use a spoon to spread it on my face and scrape it up when it drips off my face and continue to do this till my face is covered and drip free. If i miss a spot i just pinch some with my fingers and place it on the spot till it turns liquid again.

As for ingredients you don't really need that kind of yogurt to make the mixture. It doesn't really matter. You could use milk or water as a substitute.Some people even use honey, but i dont like honey its too moisturizing so it makes my face feel heavy and oily. I like this yogurt cuz it smells better and i think it moisturizes your skin a little. But really it won't make a big difference.

The main point is to get the Chungpoh moo startch on your face to absorb the dirt/clean your face. Dont stress to much about what to mix it with .

Guest gauri92

hey...ur skin really cleared up!!! u look very pretty!!!

and i had bad acne as well...but i just attribute it to my 'break-out' stage/puberty because they went after that and, touchwood, have not come bak in full force (i get the occasional pimple or two...i really don't bother...)

and i use the neutrogena cleanser as well....works for me too!!!!

Guest cherubie
:tears: I've tried this mask twice, and I'm so frustrated with it! The starch is so weird! It solidifies in the bowl, but once I put it on my face...it drippppppsss and drips and drips. It gets all over my shirt, the sink, everything but where it should be- ON MY FACE. I can't spread it either, once I touch it, it peels right off. Am I doing something wrong?! I got "Mung Bean Starch" so I don't think I am. PLEASE HELP!!!

Guest ~lilsweetangel~

:tears: I've tried this mask twice, and I'm so frustrated with it! The starch is so weird! It solidifies in the bowl, but once I put it on my face...it drippppppsss and drips and drips. It gets all over my shirt, the sink, everything but where it should be- ON MY FACE. I can't spread it either, once I touch it, it peels right off. Am I doing something wrong?! I got "Mung Bean Starch" so I don't think I am. PLEASE HELP!!!

I can't find mung bean so i bought green bean starch. When you mix it, it solidifies and then becomes liquid again. Mine is like that too. I just try to make it a little thicker. I apply it on my face and then let it drip a little until it starts to solidify and then i remove the excess from the tip of my nose or chin. I leave it on for about 1/2 hr and then i just wash it off. The first two times that i did it, I thought it looked so weird and i started to talk to my friend but pieces of it started coming off. So now i learn to do this when i'm alone lol. Hope this helps.

Haha...starch is like that... liquidy or solid..y..

It does drips and drips but I put my mix in a cup so I just stop it with the cup..

I take a whole bunch with my pointer and thumb and just slap it on my face, it will drip but it gets on it as well!

And when you do touch it, it does peel off...so...don't touch it? Aha, idk but I just slap it on and put a bunch in my hand to cover the parts that do come off.. i think I just confused you guys more, eh~~ lol

Anyways, I'm going to try this now..

I don't know if I should do it everyday or every other day but since I have a wedding to attend tomorrow, I will put it on again tonight (I put it yesterday)... I'm taking pictures everyday and if it is a success then I will post them up, =p.

Mung Bean Starch & Maeil, I'm counting on you!

(Story: I was looking through that one aisle for a good ten minutes..I found potato starch, rice, sweet potato starch, and then I saw MUNG BEAN i was soo happy but it was MB POWDER and I was like T___T ... then I looked and looked but I couldn't find it. I picked up a bag that was in THAI and was like AHHH!!! WHERE ARE YOUUUU~~ lol and then on like the right corner, bottom it said in little english bold letters: MUNG BEAN STARCH... LOL gg -__-;; ......... but.... ASSAAAAAAA!) =D

to the OP: dang, your grandma has been holding out on you all these years then, huh? :P

Guest cherubie

I think I got how to do it! Thanks ritzy & lilsweetangel for your advice. I pretty much do what ritzy does, but instead of slapping it all on, I do it lil by little. The ones that are dripping, I pick it off and put on a part of my face that doesn't have anything on it. I felt like I was making a jig-saw puzzle out of my face haha.

For the ingredients, if anyone lives in NJ, I found them at the "Asian Food Center" and "Ka Man" (I think that's how you spell the second one). The first one didn't have Yakult, but cheaper versions of it. The Yakult is basically where the milk is, not on the freezer, but where you find wonton wrappings and stuff. The starch is put with other starches (haha duh). In the place I went to, it has one aisle for actual Mung Beans, and then one aisle with powder/flour/starches.

Guest rurutia

Wow~ you look beautiful! I've struggled with acne myself, so I understand what a long and painful journey it is. But your transformation is really amazing and inspiring =)

Guest MooFia

So, i've been doing this for another week or so and it's getting better each time. No new pimples have popped up and my scars are fading.

I find it strange that people are experiencing a drippy mixture. I get a bowl and pour some Mong Bean and just put a little water. I put enough to make it gummy/pasty. I also took out the Yakult and my face is still getting better.

going to try this today! i just got the ingrediants

for anyone in canada you can go to TnT to buy green been starch its called green bean amylum (淀粉)

and i couldn't find yakulat at TnT so i went to a korean supermarket

hope it works!!!!!!!!!! i've been breaking out a lot lately

Guest cherubie

So, i've been doing this for another week or so and it's getting better each time. No new pimples have popped up and my scars are fading.

I find it strange that people are experiencing a drippy mixture. I get a bowl and pour some Mong Bean and just put a little water. I put enough to make it gummy/pasty. I also took out the Yakult and my face is still getting better.

Are you using green bean starch, flour, or powder?

Guest PeachyPie

Thank you for sharing this. I don't have active acne, but post inflammatory hyper-pigmentations that I'm trying to get rid of. I know they fade within 4-8 months (sometimes even longer like 1-2 years for some people). I noticed on your before picture that you also had those "red marks "that were left behind from where the pimples used to be. For people who are referring to these as "scars" they're not. If there's no indentation in your skin where the marks are then you're probably dealing with PIH which will fade in time. (Lots of it XD)

Anyway, I'll be trying this homemade mask starting tomorrow. I need to go to a local asian supermarket and buy the ingredients. I'll keep a photo log just like you've done and check back after two months to see if it made any difference on my red marks.

Guest ducklinq

I made it yesterday.

My skin felt really nice and soft afterwards. :D

Hopefully I'll have good results like you. ^-^

Thanks for sharing!

Guest kath09is

This seems really great, I can't wait to try it

but i want someone to say for sure.. Are mung bean FLOUR and STARCH different things?

and also has anyone tried just using the MUNG BEAN + WATER ? Would it still work or not as well? Or must I add

Yoghurt because it is crucial ingredient?

technically, starch>flour>powder in terms of how finely they're grounded. apparently in taiwan, they use mung bean starch to whiten skin and i've seen packages that claim they've got aloe and other stuff mixed in for cosmetic purposes. but as for the common grocery product used as food, commercial mung bean starch and mung bean flour should be the same. asians don't label their stuff correctly. like how they translate green bean for mung bean, or how tapiocha starch and tapioca flour are used interchangeably. mung bean powder on the other hand are probably what the soompiers are grounding themselves. same basic ingredient, different process. i can't tell if it works the same way or not.

it's also been discussed in the thread that the bacteria cultures in the probiotic products are the main helping ingredient so i'd stick with that. if you can't find asian drinks, go to an american one and find "Lifeway kefir." it's a European probiotic cultured milk product and it definitely has the L casei culture. it's anywhere from $2-$4 for a quart-sized bottle depending on where you buy it and if you get regular or organic.

Guest cherubie

This seems really great, I can't wait to try it

but i want someone to say for sure.. Are mung bean FLOUR and STARCH different things?

and also has anyone tried just using the MUNG BEAN + WATER ? Would it still work or not as well? Or must I add

Yoghurt because it is crucial ingredient?

At the Asian supermarket, I saw "mung bean flour" and "mung bean starch". The one that said flour has "rice and green bean" as ingredients, and the one that said starch only had green bean in the ingredients. Maybe that's the difference? Starch is white, the flour was tan-beige looking.

Guest kotsumi

wait, so mung bean flour and starch is different? I tried to research and I got this: "Mung bean flour is a very finely grained starch derived from the mung bean, more formally known as Vigna radiata." just to make sure, so isnt it the same? cuase i've been using mung bean flour too and I dont want to find out i've been doing the wrong thing a few week later D:

I'm actually not sure >< The flour and starch are most likely the same then. But I wasn't able to go to the Asian Market so I was just throwing mung beans into the food processor and using the ground down stuff.. I don't think that's the same ^^;;

I REALLY want to use this. But I had an allergic reaction to ground mung beans, so I'm afraid I'll have a reaction to the starch/flour too.

Archived