my acne journey.

Guest diceey

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BoomBoomBang

do you guys make a bowl of it and then store it in the fridge? or do you have to mix the two ingredients every time?

i personally mix just enough for use once. its not that much of a hassle anyways

Guest yellow submarine

^ okay thanks

i tried it for the first time today and it was actually kind of fun making it. never tried homemade stuff like this before. i'm hoping this can fix some of my redness and a few small pimples. i noticed that it helps dry them out a bit. i'll be patient and see if this actually works after a couple of weeks.

@kikkie.kl: ohh right, didn't think about that

Guest kikkie

^ my sister made a big batch (unintentionally) and stuff started growing on it.

b/c yakult is basically a colony of bacteria.

Everything's making me hopeful ^_^

I'm just wondering if you use other products, and how often you use it?

Like do you do it before you go to bed? Do you apply the mask first, remove it, tone then moisturize?

Just curious because I don't think you can get the best results with just the mask :P Or maybe I'm wrong?

i'm still doing my regular routine with face wash, acne cream, etc. i do the mask and follow up with my regular face routine.

i've been doing the mask everyday. i do it before i go to bed since i have a clean face after my shower.

hope that helps!

Guest something-like

One question: Can I use yakult-similar drinks? Like in the chinese markets, there are tons of similar brands to yakult, even in the exact same-shaped container. My parents randomly today bought this brand called 'wahaha' (lmao it's an HK brand), but I was just wondering if this could be used, if you know what I'm talking about?

Guest katherine*

^ my sister made a big batch (unintentionally) and stuff started growing on it.

b/c yakult is basically a colony of bacteria.

that's what i was afraid of, but i've kept my "batch" in the fridge since this past tuesday, and it's still okay for me.

i just made a mixture using one Yakult "bottle" (the tiny ones w/ aluminum top/wrapper) i smell it every time i open it and it's fine for me...

i'm too lazy to make a fresh mixture each time, haha :P

Guest PeachyPie

I keep my leftover mixture in the fridge ready to use the next day. As for the yakult, I don't pour the whole content since it will be too much. I just use a saran wrap to cover the top and let it sit in the fridge. I reuse the mixture two times before I make a new batch. I haven't noticed any ill effects and it's saving me money at the same time.Yakult is quite expensive where I live so I just buy the cheaper version.

Guest satisfaction!

just a quick question:

when you guys take off the mask, do you peel it off or wash it off with water or a cleanser?

b/c i feel like i'm peeling off an egg shell T_T so hard and time-consuming!!!!

does it make a difference on how you take it off?

^I use a towel with warm water and just lay it over my face and wipe off. It works well and it's not a drippy mess. After that, I just repeat and then apply toner + moisturizer.

Also, remember to store your yakult or yakult substitute in 40 degree celsius or lower cause the bacteria in it is good but it can easily turn into bad bacteria if left out in a too warm environment. If not using it for a while, store in freezer.

Guest hellopiggy123

do you guys make a bowl of it and then store it in the fridge? or do you have to mix the two ingredients every time?

I usually make a batch and then store it in a container in the refrigerator. After a couple of uses i throw it out. BUT i realized that i get the best results when its a new batch. I didnt think about before your question. I think its best to make a new batch everyday ;)

Guest jayesque

Thanks so much for sharing!

None of my friends really have a lot of acne like I do (though mine isn't so severe that'd give me privilidges of complaining too much), so I really have no idea about these kinds of things. Products to use, masks, et cetera. My parents prolly lived in the stone age where acne wasn't a concern to their social thriving, and you know the rest.

I'll be sure to be on the lookout for the Neutrogena cleansers, now, and maybe drive into the city to Chinatown and get your facial mask ingredients.

: )

Guest oceanvodka

^ I've tried it with yogurt, too. Also with a little bit of honey! I actually prefer it to the yakult. So much easier to spread on! Are you using organic plain yogurt? The mask becomes extremely stiff after awhile, but it never itches for me.

Guest PeachyPie

You probably left the mask on for too long. I only leave it on for 20 minutes. Any longer than that my face, as you've said, would start to itch like crazy. And I think it's better to use the mask only a few times a week instead of everyday. I developed tiny pimples all over my cheeks where I haven't had a zit in months. I only added the mask into my regimen so I knew that was the one causing my sudden breakouts.

i tried this for a week and didnt really see any drastic results

but then a few days ago i started makinga honey, cinammon and mung bean starch mask and it calmed my pimples down and made them go smaller! i think i'll switch back and forth between these two masks

You probably left the mask on for too long. I only leave it on for 20 minutes. Any longer than that my face, as you've said, would start to itch like crazy. And I think it's better to use the mask only a few times a week instead of everyday. I developed tiny pimples all over my cheeks where I haven't had a zit in months. I only added the mask into my regimen so I knew that was the one causing my sudden breakouts.

You're probably right...I did leave it on for like 15-20 minutes, maybe that's why it irritated my skin. I got these red veiny things that popped up after I cleansed it off - gave it an additional 5 minutes to calm down, and it did.

But you know, with the yogurt, I find that the effect still wasn't as good as the Yakult drink...which is odd, I know. Maybe I'll give it another try, and then keep you guys posted.

P.S. I'm trying an egg yolk, honey, yogurt and mung bean starch mask...lol. Egg yolk is chock full of Vitamin A and therefore good for blemished skin. Honey is for antibacterial/moisturizing effect. So is yogurt. Mung bean, well, if it works like how it's supposed to, I guess it should have a detoxifying effect. I didn't feel like my skin was in any better shape, but I guess one try is still too early to speak of results. Plus, my skin is not exactly in good condition.

I started about two weeks ago and the effects are great (: My scars are getting lighter and in terms of pimples, I stopped getting them as often as I used to a few years ago. Even if I do, they usually go away really fast with just a cream prescribed by my doctor. If all goes well, I am going to get one of my siblings to give it a try ~ My sibling has quite a lot of pimples, so hopefully the power of the mask helping people get rid of them will work!

The only downside to the mask is that it does not help with making my skin softer. I leave it on for 30 minutes to 45 minutes, so that is probably why. However, it does not make my skin itch at all. It just makes my entire face feel tighter when I use it. Then again, my skin is the type that gets oily quickly, but is always dry (I know it does not really make sense), so I have a feeling that finding the key to solve the mystery will not be easy! I swear I should buy one of those steamer like things and put it in my room =P

Your skins looks radiant! You're right about drinking lots of water. Very nice of you to start this thread. Someone was asking what other products are good. I use Aubrey Organics Green Tea and Ginko facial cleanser. Here's a picture of it. I never had acne, but my skin would get dry in some spots and once in while I would get a pimple or two. I have been using this stuff for a while and I noticed Aubrey's cleanser makes my skin feel healthy and glow. :) They should have it at most health food stores, or you can get if from their website.

AubreyOrganics.jpg

Guest Mystrillium

Woooah, real results and real pictures *____* I wanna try this out, I always drank Yakult (or asian yogurt drink) as a child, and I love mung beans, I'll try this out myself....

Thank-you for sharing your acne journey ^___^/

Archived