my acne journey.

Guest diceey

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest luv_anntr

Wow...I wish my skin is as good as yours now. Right now my skin is like the same as your BEFORE picture. I really want to try this but I cant find the mung bean starch anywhere.

Does anyone know if it'll work if you just use the yakult? Or does it have to be Yakult+Mung Bean Starch to work?

For those who can't find "starch", "flour" should be the same. And it can either be "green bean" or "mung bean." The package I got is labeled "Cooked green bean flour." This product should be common in Asian markets because mung bean flour is used for many type of sweet dessert fillings. Try the aisle where the soy bean products are (like tofu custard mix and stuff).

Guest soemali

For those who can't find "starch", "flour" should be the same. And it can either be "green bean" or "mung bean." The package I got is labeled "Cooked green bean flour." This product should be common in Asian markets because mung bean flour is used for many type of sweet dessert fillings. Try the aisle where the soy bean products are (like tofu custard mix and stuff).

thanks! cause i'd bought greenbean flour and wasnt sure if its the right one.

Guest christophertp

For everyone that says it isn't working so well if this is legit perhaps you are stressing to much about waiting for the after-effects of this wonderful transforming home-made solution, her grandmother gave her a lot of support and showed her something new and fascinating just relax and wait for the results rather then complaining about it as if you have used it for awhile already. Stress plays a big role in a lot of things especially in breaking out.

IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS :DDDD

GOD I CRIED! Thank yoooooooooooooooooooooooou soo muccch for sharing this information with us all, im all about natural remedy and this is awesome XD

I've been using it for 2 weeks now and it almost clear out everything *yes even the scars seems to 'lighten up' but im doing an experiment on me face now, i've been laying off the mask for a week to see what happens, and chyeaaah break out and stuff, so im gonna use it again next week, so i have high hopes :)

i tone my face with ACV so i guess that helps too? patience is key friends :D so dont give up!

I've read that some people had trouble with the texture and how to put it on and stuff, for me i just buy the real green/mung bean then blend it until it turns into powder then mix it up with yakult, and i have absolutely no problem with the texture, but be careful when you eyeball it, probably when you put in too much yakult in, it becomes runny, then you have to put more powder in to mix it, eventually you'll ended up with a mixture that will last you for weeks! so, dont really waste it hahaha ive learned the hard way, and one more thing! i used the little spatula you find in blenders...get it? HAHA just find anything in the kitchen that works for you :)

Guest lucy_monostone

i started using this homemade remedy since the first day of march and i'm seeing good results.

what i noticed is that my pimples easily dries up and even the blemishes started to lighten up a bit the irritation on my face is gone even my mom notice it.

it's already been 4 days since i started using it and i know it will take long considering the condition of my face it's almost the same as the thread starter but i will be patient :D

i have question though (for those who's been using it)...do you apply it only at night and how long it takes before you wash it off your face, do you let it stay like overnight? co'z i wash it after an hour...i dunno if it's the right thing to do but so far it's been good, so what do you guys think?

Guest maychetdi

is actimel the same as yakul?

can´t find it here in germany even though it´s supposed to be sold here (T_T)

Guest jnnifer

This seriously works!!!

I do this 3 times a week. Once in the morning :)

It's been a week and I already see very good results :)

Can't wait to see the results in 2 months!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Guest xKairi

Is anyone using a substitute for Yakult that works just the same? I've never seen/heard of Yakult in my life...

Guest kotsumi

Is anyone using a substitute for Yakult that works just the same? I've never seen/heard of Yakult in my life...

The probiotics in Yakult is what makes it effective in helping with acne, and as yogurt is naturally a gentle exfoliant it helps with scars too. You should be fine using any probiotic yogurt.

They've actually started making acne treatments that contain probiotics XD

Guest kotsumi

I feel like such a stupid. I read the directions, and they obviously said to use the starch. It didn't occur to me that mung bean powder and starch are different.

So after coming back and reading that everyone is using the starch, I feel silly. Guess it's time to make a trip to the Asian market..

I'm a little worried though, since I had such a bad reaction to the mung bean powder does anyone know if I'll have the same sort of reaction to the starch?

Guest tgm603

I just thought i would like to share this. hopefully this would help some people out.

I've been suffering from acne for a while now- but it got so severe in the past year. I felt so horrible and it was disgusting to look at myself in the mirror. Acne really hurts self esteem and it just seems like nothing could ever fix my face. I've tried SO many products in hope of fixing my acne but some of them just made it worse. BUT a few months ago, my grandma introduced me to this random and weird homemade mask that was suppose to be miraculous and amazing. and it was ! trust me, when i first heard of it, it was just.. weird. So i've been using this for about 2 months, about 3 times a week and it made a huge difference in my skin. i feel a lot better and less self concious.

Of course, i'm also using products to wash my face and such- ( that also helped a lot! ) (: I did also use the clinique three step acne kit... it wasn't that great, but it did stop my acne for a while. I have really really oily skin and that kit just basically took all the oil out of my face and made it completely dry (but i didn't break out). I sort of liked the kit but it ran out really fast and the moisturizer really stung my face. I guess I just had really sensitive skin. I just gave up on that since it was a bit too pricey for only 2 month's worth. So i've switched to neutrogena deep cleanser and been using it for a month. it is AMAZING. <3 it just cleans all the dirt and oil out of my pores and my skin never felt so clean and smooth. i dont know if this works for all skin types though because when i checked online, there were a lot of mixed reviews but i think its definitely worth a try. and i've also been using witch hazel as a toner-- it smells really bad at first though; but it's gentle and doesn't irritate my skin at all.

but basically, the most important thing is: dont pop those pimples. dont scratch, or touch your face no matter how much you would like to, it'll leave scars and spread the bacteria. and of course, drink a lot of water (: eat healthy and lay off the chips. those things would definately make a huge difference.

okay, im starting to ramble on and on-- so i'd like to post some pictures and show you the difference!

OH and if anybody's interested, the ingredients to the masks are simple. I live in an Asian community so the ingredients are easily purchased. I dont know the exact amount to mix in since I just eyeball it, but basically you would want a paste-like substance.

all you need is two ingredients: yakult and mung bean starch/flour ( sorry, i dont have a picture of the packet ): but i think it could be purchased at any asian market. )

yakult-728696.jpg

okay, here comes the pictures! sorry if it's .. really disgusting.

horror1.jpg

horror.jpg

ew2.jpg

ewew.jpg

1-1.jpg

almost.jpg

it started clearing up eventually. and now, these are the most recent pictures.

clear.jpg

clear1.jpg

clear2.jpg

have a good day everybody! and sorry for the long post. take care and drink lots of water! :)

This DIY method of clearing acne is great . Gonna share it with my nieces who's having acne problem too . Thanks for sharing.

This is very inspirational! Thank you

This is very inspirational! Thank you

oh by the way

what is "mung bean" flour?

*googles anyway*

" mung bean " is 绿豆

Guest *lyrynne*

i drank yakult just now LOL~ never thought it'll help to clear up your skin~ i must try this since there's 3 bottles left kekeke~

Guest soemali

I feel like such a stupid. I read the directions, and they obviously said to use the starch. It didn't occur to me that mung bean powder and starch are different.

So after coming back and reading that everyone is using the starch, I feel silly. Guess it's time to make a trip to the Asian market..

I'm a little worried though, since I had such a bad reaction to the mung bean powder does anyone know if I'll have the same sort of reaction to the starch?

wait, so mung bean flour and starch is different? I tried to research and I got this: "Mung bean flour is a very finely grained starch derived from the mung bean, more formally known as Vigna radiata." just to make sure, so isnt it the same? cuase i've been using mung bean flour too and I dont want to find out i've been doing the wrong thing a few week later D:

Archived