my acne journey.

Guest diceey

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

does anyone else have any ideas for alternatives for the yakult and/or yoghurt?

I'm pretty sure you can subs yakult with plain milk.

wow that's awesome! maybe I should try Neutrogena Deep Cleanser. I currently use the CVS brand version of the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash cream cleanser. it's good.

and I really need to stop picking at my face -_-

Guest Special Ed

So I went to the korean store in my town and I found a pack of Green Bean Starch. I heard that green bean is also mung bean? The starch I found was white and costs $5. What was the color and cost of the starch most of you are using?

Would this help with blackheads, too? Haha.

To the topic starter: Would you say using your grandma's "recipe" would be as effective if you didn't use additional products? And...they come back if you don't stay consistent with this?

Guest papiroflexia

what kind of toner do you guys use?

300.JPG

This toner is AMAZING, seriously. (There's other smells like rose and aloe vera.)

My skin looked so much better within a week.

My skin was plumped and so pretty and clear. I don't even use a moisturizer afterward and it's still soft.

Others noticed the changes too, so yay :D

At first I didn't think it was the toner, but it was the only new addition to my regime.

Guest BoomBoomBang

I'm pretty sure you can subs yakult with plain milk.

don't think so. yakult has bacteria in them (the good kind) which plain milk doesn't i think.

anyways, i have been using this mask for about a month now. to be honest, i haven't seen any results so far, or that the result is so small that i don't see a drastic difference from when i first started using it. i doubt i will look as good as op within another month of use. even though this didn't seem to work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you, so don't be put down by my post

Guest mszcrystal

ok so i introduced this mask to my friend and she told me that the mask burned her face? did anyone else experience that?

Guest kath09is

I couldn't get my hands on some yakult/cultured milk so right now i'm using yoghurt which should be as good if not less..

Anyway, I made too much, so I put the rest in a bowl and sealed it shut with glad wrap.. do you think it'll be okay to use for tomorrow? Or is it best to make a completely new mask?

Thanks if you reply!

Guest ladyatakari

This toner is AMAZING, seriously. (There's other smells like rose and aloe vera.)

My skin looked so much better within a week.

My skin was plumped and so pretty and clear. I don't even use a moisturizer afterward and it's still soft.

Others noticed the changes too, so yay :D

At first I didn't think it was the toner, but it was the only new addition to my regime.

May I ask where you get this from? hehe~ thanks =)

Guest lilian21

May I ask where you get this from? hehe~ thanks =)

In you're in the US, it's at any "health foods" store, such as Whole foods, vitamin shoppe, GNC, or your local health store. Otherwise, you can order it- it's fairly common.

Guest ladyatakari

In you're in the US, it's at any "health foods" store, such as Whole foods, vitamin shoppe, GNC, or your local health store. Otherwise, you can order it- it's fairly common.

Great! Thank you!! :lol:

I'm beginning to use this because you got such awesome results, thanks for sharing. I'm hoping this will work for me. Thank goodness it only took one trip to find both mung bean starch & yakult. Using Neutrogena cleanser & toner, too, it's awesome.

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

don't think so. yakult has bacteria in them (the good kind) which plain milk doesn't i think.

anyways, i have been using this mask for about a month now. to be honest, i haven't seen any results so far, or that the result is so small that i don't see a drastic difference from when i first started using it. i doubt i will look as good as op within another month of use. even though this didn't seem to work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you, so don't be put down by my post

I thought so too, but someone actually using plain milk or even water, and she saw the result as well. I don't know if it's as drastic if you're using the yakult though.

Anyways, so I've been using this around a month, and my scar did lighten a bit. & it does a good job keeping my skin clear, so YAY!!! :D

Guest Nheex3

So I went to the korean store in my town and I found a pack of Green Bean Starch. I heard that green bean is also mung bean? The starch I found was white and costs $5. What was the color and cost of the starch most of you are using?

Mines greenish. Like a poopy light green. haha.

But i heard some other people say theirs are kind of white.

I couldn't get my hands on some yakult/cultured milk so right now i'm using yoghurt which should be as good if not less..

Anyway, I made too much, so I put the rest in a bowl and sealed it shut with glad wrap.. do you think it'll be okay to use for tomorrow? Or is it best to make a completely new mask?

Thanks if you reply!

It might harden, but I add more yakult into it to make it more past-y.

So I guess if it hardens you can try adding more yogurt?

I'm not sure if adding more of one substance will make it different though.

Guest Wendy1430265887

If you guys can't find the starch, you can buy it at angeland.net.

She has a store on soompi too.

But it's kinda of expensive($10) Just giving you guys a heads up.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

yakult and mung bean starch/flour eh... thanks for the tip! i can buy those ingredients very easily

Guest Wendy1430265887

Okay so I bought mung bean flour and it is way too hard to apply this on the face. It's like batter. And when it dries on the face, it gets really powdery again. I'm going to look for mung bean starch next time. Hopefully my local markets have it. I don't want to shell out 10 bucks for the starch >.<

Guest Sleepie

Okay so I bought mung bean flour and it is way too hard to apply this on the face. It's like batter. And when it dries on the face, it gets really powdery again. I'm going to look for mung bean starch next time. Hopefully my local markets have it. I don't want to shell out 10 bucks for the starch >.<

I started trying this a couple days ago and I don't know if switching to mung bean starch is going to make the texture much better.. =\ too much Yakult and it's watery & drips right off, not enough and it's a kinda glue-like substance that hardens when you mix it but turns goopy when you actually scoop it up to put on your face. Then it keeps sliming its way down! By the time it dried fully my face looked like a used candlestick.

Archived