Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest Blu_Velvet_Sea

one of my favourite anime is samurai champloo, can somebody recommend me something similar. I just loved the comedy, adventure and the unique characters that were developed so well!

if you can explain why you like it that would be great~

Guest angel_cutie

could anyone recommend something with a moral in it??

maybe something that isn't shown right away. that develops over time ^ ^

i guess with lots of thinking involved or about life?

nothing bloody please :3

Guest deceitful.reverie

Sorry, but since I'm too lazy to think of specific manga titles right now (but I'm going to recommend a few), here's what you can do:

1. Go to MangaFox

2. Click "Advanced Search"

Ive never read a manga before, but id like to read something close to a romantic comedy or something romantic&sad.

Also a manga that doesnt take place in highschool with a bit more mature characters.

3. Click "Josei" and "Romance" once so that a green check mark appears beside each

*you can also double click the genres you may not like (e.g. school life), and a red X mark will show up instead of a green check mark

4. For the "rating" option where you'll see 2 drop-down menus beside it, click "more than" for the 1st one, and "4 stars" for the next.

*You might like the ff:

Chou yo Hana yo. It hasn't been completely scanlated though.

Emma

Hana no Namae

The Embalmer

could anyone recommend something with a moral in it??

maybe something that isn't shown right away. that develops over time ^ ^

i guess with lots of thinking involved or about life?

nothing bloody please :3

3. Click "Slice of Life" once so that a green check mark appears beside it

*you can also double click the genres you may not like (e.g. shoujo), and a red X mark will show up instead of a green check mark

4. For the "rating" option where you'll see 2 drop-down menus beside it, click "more than" for the 1st one, and "4 stars" for the next.

*You might like the ff:

Cat Street

Eichi/H -hasn't been updated for a while, but do bookmark it 'cause IMO it's pretty good

Solanin

The Embalmer

...and omg! How could I forget?! I also recommend Kare Kano! Both the anime and the manga are really good, but the manga's better (of course) and the anime stops around vol. 7 of the manga. It's pretty old, but it's still one of the best I've ever read. :)

Guest leloMew

Anime

The girl who leapt through time

Summer wars

Tekkon kinkreet

5cm per second

(i tried to keep it short - no ghibli / anime series...)

Manga (shoujo/josei)

Nana

Dengeki daisy

Bokura ga ita

High school debut

Kimi ni todoke

Manga (shounen/seinen)

Yotsuba

Real

Pluto

Fullmetal alchemist

Kurosagi corpse delivery service

20th century boys

Adolf

Black jack

Uzumaki

Detroit metal city

It'd be cool if someone could recommend a good manhwa to me. All of the ones I've come across are all romance related - surely there are some shounen (boy demographic) equivalent ones out there?

Guest Super.Panda

Anime:

Vampire Knight (Romance/supernatural)

Hell Girl (Horror/slice of life)

Ookami Kakushi (Horror/supernatural)

Kimi ni Todoke (Shoujo/Romance/Slice of life)

Manga:

Strobe Edge (Shoujo/Romance)

Black Bird (Shoujo/Romance/ Mature)

Himeki Doll (Romance/Comedy/Mature)

GOTH (Horror/Mystery)

Hot Blooded Woman (Comedy/Romance)

Guest jiralbee

Can anyone recommend anime romance/comedy/cute/love/highschool

these are some of them that I watched and loved

Great Teacher Onizuka

Fruits Basket

Aimini coopereruze Baby

Ouran Highschool Host Club

Perfect Girl Evolution

High School of the Dead

Vampire Knight

Guest Radish

Recommend me some mangas based off my faves list?

Some historical, sci-fi, comedy, supernatural, philosophical, srz bznz, da da da~ I've also read frufru stuff like Tanemura's Full Moon wo Sagashi.te and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, along with most of Yuu Watase's works, so I'm open to those, too. But that's about as frufru as I'll go. Hehe

Read & Loved (approx. reading order):

• Lovely Complex ............ (shoujo-rom-com, slice-of-life, *goofy smile*)
  • Aishi.teruze Baby.......... (shoujo-rom-com, some srz bznz, aww~dorable)
  • Rurouni Kenshin ........... (shounen-Meiji Restoration, samurai, swords, & srz bznz)
  • Appare Jipangu! ............ (shoujo-rom-com, *side work/short ;__;*, lulz)
  • Gintama ...................... (shounen-comedy, sci-fi, samurai, slice-of-life, lulz x morals, rare but wonderful srz bznz)
  • Kimi ni Todoke ............. (shoujo-rom-com, cu~te, your mother reads this too)

Guest angel_cutie

3. Click "Slice of Life" once so that a green check mark appears beside it

*you can also double click the genres you may not like (e.g. shoujo), and a red X mark will show up instead of a green check mark

*You might like the ff:

Cat Street

Eichi/H -hasn't been updated for a while, but do bookmark it 'cause IMO it's pretty good

Solanin

The Embalmer

thanks ^____^ i checked all the ones that you mentioned and im really enjoying the embalmer :3

i would recommend alice in the country of hearts and gakuran alice♥ for manga

[i really like stuff with a wonderland theme or alice XDD]

i'm not really sure of gakuran alice is a good anime lol but the manga is suuuppperrr sweet filled with a lot of themes and elements ^___^

Guest anna_123

Anime

- Maid-sama

- Special A

- Vampire knight

- The Wallflower

Manga/Manhwa*

- Very! Very! Sweet* ~ highly recommend!! (Romance/School life)

- Alice in the country of hearts ~ highly recommend!! (Romance/Fantasy)

- Kill Me Kiss Me* (Romance/School life/Gender Bender)

- Forest of the gray city* ~(Romance)

- Master A ~ (Romance/ School life)

- The Devil Within ~ (Romance/Supernatural)

- Fall In Love Just Like a Comic ~ (Romance/School life)

- Magical JxR* ~ highly recommend(Romance/School life/Supernatural)

- CY-Believers ~ (Romance)

- Ultimate Venus ~ highly recommend (Romance/School life)

- He's Dedicated To Roses ~ (Romance/School life/Gender Bender)

- High School Debut~ highly recommend(Romance/School life)

theres more but i can't really remember the name xD

hope this helps! :D

&&also can someone recommend manga/manhwa that are Alice in wonderland themed? with good art please ! ^______^

thankyou<3

• 2 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=3331506:date=Aug 3 2006, 09:33 PM:name=PuccaloveU2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PuccaloveU2 @ Aug 3 2006, 09:33 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Has anyone heard or read a manga called <b><i>"BERSERK"</i></b>

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Berserk rules

Anyone else stoked about the new Berserk anime coming out? :)

Hmmm, i think its about time that i've contributed to this place since i'm always coming here for recommendations (its all about the balance -'give and take'). Here are a few of my fav;

Shuukatsu!! Kimi ni Naitei by Aki Yoshino [Comedy, Josei, Romance, Slice of Life] --v. cute story! :) Read ALL the mangas by the author and i absolutely loved them!

Koukou Debut by Kazune Kawahara [Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life] --This is one of my favourite of all time mangas! It's cute and pretty light-hearted

Dengeki Daisy by Kyousuke Motomi [Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Shoujo] --I'm sure people have already recommended this, and if you havent read it yet then you are clearly missing out.

Pink Lady by Yean Woo [Educational, Romance] --it was originally a popular webtoon, and the art is incredible

The Embalmer by Mihara Mitsuzaki [Drama, Josei, Psychological, Romance, Tragedy] --it's more like a series of oneshot bundled together in a lovely package. Also the stories in it are all very touching! A def. must-read

Un, i got more but I'm having a memory relapse atm so I'll probably come back and edit with better recommendations. Btw, i generally stay away from the annoyingly stereotypical heroine (all insanely squeal-y, and inept at confessing to the love of their lives who so happens to be the most hottest and popular guy in school). So i apologise beforehand if any of the protagonists in the aforementioned mangas irritate you (although i doubt it, because I managed to plough through them loving each and every character!)

Guest chopper!

Does anyone know any good comedy romance Manhwa's? I like mangas too, but if you suggest it can you differ from the manga and the manhwa? Thanks everyonee :)

manhwas:

President Dad

Chocolat

Goong

A Kiss to my Prince

Cinderella Fella

Absolute Witch

A Wolf's Attraction

Guest angel_cutie

^ I can recommend you a really good anime with alice in wonderland theme called Pandora Hearts

haha i agree! pandora hearts makes a really good anime, but they dont tell you everything, but you could go on to the manga after watching the whole thing to continue :3

Guest CaramelSweetie

Mana by Lee Vin

Zion, a girl that is always taken advantage of by her friends because she is so shy and timid, is approached by two people who asks her strange questions about whether she believes in Confucianist moral doctrine and in the end she is bowing and performing sacrificial rites to ancestral gods. It’s shocking enough that the daughter of a pastor is possessed by a ghost, but what’s more shocking is that this ghost is a young oppa who sports a fashion that surpasses most of the outstanding looks of bachelors and rockers! From this day on, Zion’s life changes forever. From a shy and unsuspecting high school student, she turns into an exorcist.

cr Baka Updates

Just finished this today. ^^ I started last night and I got a bit freaked out since this manhwa circles around the supernatural. But definitely worth a look! If some of you have read the The Tarot Cafe, it gives the same eery feel. It also brings up some interesting Korean myths and superstitions. Don't be alarmed when you go through the first couple of pages. It gets good really soon. ^^ The art fantastic! I suggest reading this in day light, 'cause I had a hard time reading it at night. lmao The cases aren't that scary in the end, it's just the beginning where you don't know what's going on. ^_^ But other than that, it's a great read for all!