Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

kimi ni shika kikoenai by Otsuichi, Hiro Kiyohara touched me...:)

it's about a voiceless girl who goes through a mental journey. I liked how unique

the way she grew mentally. and i almost cried near the end... T.T

i think people who like Cat street will also like this..

on a side note.. i'm loving josei mangas that actually have meaningful messages these days...

Guest Stolen_waters

My current addiction:

Until Death Do Us Part/Shi ga Futari wo Wakatsu Made

The future is a great unknown. Throughout history, those who have been graced with the power to read it have been sought by many. In this day and age, the term "prophet" is outdated. "Precog," as in precognition, is the modern term.

Yet when the powers of precognition is graced upon a young girl named Tohyama Haruka, she is sought after by a powerful organization. Utilizing her powers, Haruka makes contact with Hijikata Mamoru, a blind swordsman. When cornered by her captors, Haruka proposes an outrageous condition to Mamoru. Haruka wants Mamoru to protect her until death do they part.

credit

Read here

p1020244643.jpg

Guest .moony.

one of my favourite anime is samurai champloo, can somebody recommend me something similar. I just loved the comedy, adventure and the unique characters that were developed so well!

if you can explain why you like it that would be great~

u should try black lagoon and cowboy bebop! these 3 animes are kinda similar in a way but i think black lagoon is the best, i showed it to my sister whos not into anime and she was hooked :D cowboy bebop is one of my fav animes of all time as well ^^

Can someone recommend me some anime to watch? I am currently looking for slice of life, 'magic' or romcom animes like:

Tears to Tiara

subasa: Reservoir Chronicle

K-On!

Clanad

Working!

Skip Beat

I also like the drawing style of the animes that I've mentioned. =]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SushiToaster

@Millou:

high school debut's a manga but i HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT<3 it's super cute and sweet :)

same with dengeki daisy :/ both are currently only mangas, but they're definitely worth reading!!

other than that.. lovely complex!! haven't checked out the anime but the manga was really really great :) so if the anime's anything close to it, it should be awesome!!

hahaha you can really tell i'm more of a manga person :P sorryy!!

i read cheese in the trap (silly title, i know haha) and i loved it!! the kinda quirky style and the characters made me want to keep reading more and more hahaha.. anyone know of webcomics or manga like cheese in the trap?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yoshiiko

Can someone recommend me some anime to watch? I am currently looking for slice of life, 'magic' or romcom animes like:

Tears to Tiara

subasa: Reservoir Chronicle

K-On!

Clanad

Working!

Skip Beat

I also like the drawing style of the animes that I've mentioned. =]

My interests are closed to yours and here are some animes I enjoyed:

Nana - great anime for the slice of life along with romance (:

Fairy Tail - has magic and is exciting, also has hints of romance but not like lovey dovey XD

Kobato. - is by CLAMP and its okay for a soft easy side anime...lol

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan - romance (based on a game where you can pick which guy to be with :o)

hmm not sure but I really liked Code Geass too, its art is amazing but its more action-y XD

Love Com - also cute romance anime!

Hope it helps you and others ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sharin.kenichi

I am completely crazy over Claymore right now. Recommend it for any fans who like dark fantasy manga. It reminds me of a mature version of Witch Hunter. Also similar to Bleach, Psyren and a much much less bloodier and less darker version of Berserk. LOL. 

Guest Autumn1430263885

1)Arakawa under the Bridge- At first glance it doesn't catch the eye- it looks like some shounen manga. However, it captured my interest right at the start of the first episode.

This anime is freaking hillarious, and the manga is just as awesome! I like how there's also bits of romance in it too. The humor is parody-style, so if you liked school rumble, yankee-kun to megane-chan, bakemonotagari and zetsubo-sensei,

i think you'd enjoy this- or if you're just simply looking to laugh a lot, i reccomend this!

2)Teen spirit[manhwa]- A manhwa that follows the lives of music trainees. It reminds me of the k-drama "You're beautiful". Its full of style. The art and fashion was what caught my eye. *cough bishies * XD

3)Lover Discovery/Forget about Love[manhwa]- I really really like this one. I'm sad that there's not more chapters of this out yet!! I'm dying for more Dx.

The main character is originally a fearsome cunning person, although she has lost her memories due to an acident. The only clue she has to remembering is her diary, which is only full of entries about her crush!

Using the diary, she tries to discover her secret love, with there being several possibililtes out on the field(XD yay bishies), while finding more and more about herself.

Guest nobody knows

1)Arakawa under the Bridge- At first glance it doesn't catch the eye- it looks like some shounen manga. However, it captured my interest right at the start of the first episode.

This anime is freaking hillarious, and the manga is just as awesome! I like how there's also bits of romance in it too. The humor is parody-style, so if you liked school rumble, yankee-kun to megane-chan, bakemonotagari and zetsubo-sensei,

i think you'd enjoy this- or if you're just simply looking to laugh a lot, i reccomend this!

I checked this out because you said if I liked yankee kun & megane chan I'd like this

I finished all 17- chapters they have so far '-'

it's funny :w00t:

but omg my train of thought isn't able to keep up with them

what's with their masks aaaaaaaa

I like how all the chapters are like 5~12 pages each

but I don't like the whole flipping through the credits and stuff eeeeevery time. too much >:

Guest creaturedreams

Could anyone recommend me some good action anime with a mafia/gangster element to it set in 'modern time', similar to the anime Black Lagoon.

Any anime recommendations please? Something similar to:

- Darker Than Black

- 07 Ghost

- Pandora Hearts

- Death Note

- My-hime

- Shana No Shakugan

- Code Geass

- Vampire Knight

So generally, genres somewhat with fantasy, action, supernatural, drama, adventure, etc. I'm also currently watching Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee :P

Oh and maybe a few animes likes: Ouran High School Host Club, Myself Yourself, Clanned, or Bokura Ga Ita?

Any anime recommendations please? Something similar to:

- Darker Than Black

- 07 Ghost

- Pandora Hearts

- Death Note

- My-hime

- Shana No Shakugan

- Code Geass

- Vampire Knight

So generally, genres somewhat with fantasy, action, supernatural, drama, adventure, etc. I'm also currently watching Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee :P

Oh and maybe a few animes likes: Ouran High School Host Club, Myself Yourself, Clanned, or Bokura Ga Ita?

Tsubasa Chronicle, Toaru Majutsu no Index and I definitely recommend Le Chevalier D'Eon. Emma: A Victorian Romance is a sweet one, too! You like Bokura Ga ita? You can go see Kimi ni Todoke, then!

Guest atlanteay

Could someone recommend me with some nice, short animes? By short i mean less than 30 episodes. Would be best to be more on the casual side and less blood/gore. Violence is okay but i'm looking more for a show like Avatar: has serious moments, clean violence, romance, and goofiness.

Guest 1HeartJaEjoong

For anyone who likes romance i really recommend Bokura Ga Ita :D Not the best looking characters but it was good :D Im currently in the middle of Bleach and Naruto lol i have no time to watch any other animes :( lol

Guest infinite*

Can someone please recommend me an anime that's similar to 'Kaichou wa Maid-Sama'.

It'd be nice if it was something recent! Thank you!!

@Millou:

high school debut's a manga but i HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT<3 it's super cute and sweet :)

same with dengeki daisy :/ both are currently only mangas, but they're definitely worth reading!!

other than that.. lovely complex!! haven't checked out the anime but the manga was really really great :) so if the anime's anything close to it, it should be awesome!!

hahaha you can really tell i'm more of a manga person :P sorryy!!

i read cheese in the trap (silly title, i know haha) and i loved it!! the kinda quirky style and the characters made me want to keep reading more and more hahaha.. anyone know of webcomics or manga like cheese in the trap?

My interests are closed to yours and here are some animes I enjoyed:

Nana - great anime for the slice of life along with romance (:

Fairy Tail - has magic and is exciting, also has hints of romance but not like lovey dovey XD

Kobato. - is by CLAMP and its okay for a soft easy side anime...lol

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan - romance (based on a game where you can pick which guy to be with :o)

hmm not sure but I really liked Code Geass too, its art is amazing but its more action-y XD

Love Com - also cute romance anime!

Hope it helps you and others ^^

Thank you both for the recommendations! I've watched Nana (read the manga too, but I'm still missing the 2 last chapters =[) Code Geass was awesome! Really enjoyed that one.

I'll check out the other mangas and animes! I just started Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan (like I just watched 3mins of the first episode ^.^") Seems like season 2 is already out.