Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest tisa-chan

Thank you so much. I'll look for them when I get home. I'm an old lady with "very young heart" so I don't mind if it's so girls or younger women. When I was in Korea as a young child, I practically lived in "manga house". Anyway, just recently bought the whole Korean manga series of "Goong" and "Hana Yori Dango". Cost me few hundred dollars but I had to have it. In fact I introduced manga to my sons. LOL!

Anyway, if anyone has other list (completed romance/comic mangas), please post them. I just started Bride of the Water God and didn't realize that it's not finished so I'm going crazy wanting to know what happend so I think for my own health, I need to read completed manga first.

By the way, any good sites to read these mangas?

Thank you again.

Well i'm not exactly young either (26) and i still like reading them :blush: . I think that isn't going to change for a long time because they have in a way become a part of my life and while reading them i remember the feelings i had when i was younger.

You can read all these mangas and a lot more of them, because the ones listed are just my favorites, in the next sites:

http://www.mangafox.com/

http://www.onemanga.com/

http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/0-desc-date.php

Well i'm not exactly young either (26) and i still like reading them :blush: . I think that isn't going to change for a long time because they have in a way become a part of my life and while reading them i remember the feelings i had when i was younger.

You can read all these mangas and a lot more of them, because the ones listed are just my favorites, in the next sites:

http://www.mangafox.com/

http://www.onemanga.com/

http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/0-desc-date.php

Actually rumor has it (in this thread, a little earlier) that [mangafox sends our viruses etc.

I don't know if this is coincidence or merely fact or cuz I'm paranoid, but my laptop just died on me a few days ago >_<

I admit that there could've been a lot of factors... but when I got a spam of "virus" warning pop-ups, I couldn't access anything... for some reason, mangafox popped into my head -.-'

I would definitely go to onemanga for now just to be safe.

--xoxo.

TM

Guest tisa-chan

Actually rumor has it (in this thread, a little earlier) that [mangafox sends our viruses etc.

I don't know if this is coincidence or merely fact or cuz I'm paranoid, but my laptop just died on me a few days ago >_<

I admit that there could've been a lot of factors... but when I got a spam of "virus" warning pop-ups, I couldn't access anything... for some reason, mangafox popped into my head -.-'

I would definitely go to onemanga for now just to be safe.

--xoxo.

TM

Yes they say it's a Trojan virus in a form of a pop up window similar to windows error messages and you should under no circumstances click on such pop up window but close the whole browser immediately with CTRL+ F4.

I never had problems with mangafox thought but it could be because i'm using Firefox.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

I never had problems with mangafox thought but it could be because i'm using Firefox.

Firefox does nothing against mangafox's trojan.

I'm not a mangafox hater, but I'm really bitter than I got a virus reading "Dengeki Daisy" lol.

My computer scans every other day for viruses, adware, and trojan, with well equipped firewalls and spywareprotectors, and I still got it.

In fact, mangafox attributed trojans are so annoying that it even disables your firewall, virus scan, spyware and any updates.

So yeah.... onemanga for the win.

(okay, so i'm going to stop talking about how bad mangafox is because I feel like a broken record. I just hope all manga lovers see all the "mangafox is bad" posts....)

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

^ Really!? Dang it, I have like seven mangafox windows open right now. -__- I feel as though my computer has been infected by the virus so many times, it's gained immunity because now I have absolutely no problems when going on the website. Then again, I'm pathetically stupid when it comes to technology.

Can anyone recommend me a good anime such as Claymore? It had a really unique plot and the art was fantastic! I'm hoping to find more animes such as that with action, maybe a bit of romance, and blood. ^_^

Guest sunye~

:( i think i got a virus from mangafox too... and also, mangahelpers isn't very safe because I got a weird pop up window (that was for a Windows computer, and I have a Mac) telling me to click on whatever to get rid of a virus and such

can anyone suggest me some romance manga (it can be shoujo or josei) like haruyuki bus?

I really like the author of cat street, haruyuki bus and also shimaki ako and such...

edit: ^ I was wondering if computers can be immune to viruses? because I too used to get odd things from mangafox but now, my computer is... "immune" to it... I'm not good at computers so maybe it's just me not noticing...

Guest Lovless

Huhu~

I reccomend Anima+ for animal lovers..

Chibi Vampire...a comedy romantic(Not that scary)type...

well Naruto.....Got a lot to read.....to catch up ...lolz

I think Loveless is good....but to my opinon it gets a bit serious and boring later...

Anyway hope i gave you a better day>0<

anyway, just recently bought the whole Korean manga series of "Goong" and "Hana Yori Dango". Cost me few hundred dollars but I had to have it. In fact I introduced manga to my sons. LOL!

If you liked Hana Yori Dango, I think you`ll like Cat Street too. It was written by the same author. The story is about a girl who shuts herself from the world after the painful events she experienced when she was a child actress. She doesn't go to school; she has not talked to her family in 7 years(? unsure of the years). One day, she went out of the house and met a man who introduced her El Liston, a school for people "like" her. Gradually, that school will be the reason of her change after years of self-imprisonment.

Why should everyone read this? It's very different from all manga I've read so far. It simply touched my heart. Kamio Yuko has just that power to make you connect to her characters. If you think Hana Yori Dango was her masterpiece, then you should checked out Cat Street. She went beyond her "masterpiece". Even the antagonists in the story, you can't help but like them in the end. She lets you see the different sides of her characters, both their strengths and weaknesses, which is why you`ll feel so contented and worth of your time by the time you reach the end. Moreover, I loved how the romance progresses in the story. It's something I didn't predict at all ^^

Another one is "The Kidnapping of Minja Jo's Boyfriend". It's not a series, rather just a one volume story and it's a manhwa so I thought you`d like it. It's really funny and..... sweet. haha. The story is about the "jjang" girl in her school who's always in a fight with another jjang girl from another school since they were children. She always tries to compete with her. She then finds out that, that girl has found a boyfriend. To trigger her rival even more, she planned to kidnap her boyfriend.

can anyone suggest me some romance manga (it can be shoujo or josei) like haruyuki bus?

I really like the author of cat street, haruyuki bus and also shimaki ako and such...

Hmmm so if you liked Usami Maki's works, then I assume you've read most of her works, right? They're really good. It really gives you the feeling of wanting to go back to high school to experience that kind of love. lol.

I've been quite busy lately that I haven't been up to date with my manga reading soo my recommendations might be something you've already read.

Strobe Edge - it's a typical manga with high school girl falling in love with a popular guy but it's really sweet especially how she kinda act dumb/stupid/clumsy. really really cute that's why this popular guy is somehow gradually attracted to her.

Hapi Mari - abit smutty but it's about a woman who was forced to get married to this rich man who eventually turns out to be the president of the company she's working for. It's really funny how these two tried to cope up with married life.

^2 for now ^_^

Guest sunye~

13infamyss thank you for the recommendations!

i'm reading strobe edge right now (i'm on the first chapter..) and the art is detailed and nice~

also, the main girl is so cute! haha.. and the guy seems like a good person... i wonder how their relationship will progress keke ^_^

i remember reading hapi mari! i can't wait til the next release~~

OH MY GOODNESS. Thanks for telling ... I knew mangafox was a bit... evil, lol. So yeah, I'm looking for a manga with comedy and action. (Kind of like One Piece, Fairy Tale, Samurai Champloo, Beelzebub, etc,.) Help? :)

hi there! can someone recommend me a manga under the josei genre or something similar?

i've read popular stuff labeled josei--off the top of my head: nana, anything by the same author, kimi wa petto, hapi mari, nodame cantabile, honey and clover, etc.

on another note i'd like to recommend Running Through the City in the Sunset. it's a very beautiful manhwa with a just as beautiful storyline :)

Guest KJ__LEE

Can Someone Recommend Me Something Similar To Naruto, Fairytale, Or Death Note? I Watched Bleach Up To Ep. 114, But I Guess I Kind Of Got Bored Of It. I Can't Really Find Any Good Animes So I'm Starting To Read Mangas Now.

Guest MikiMika

I'm up for something romantic from the likes of Fushigi Yuugi, Maid sama, Hana Yori Dango, Peach girl, Tsubasa Chronicles, Marmalade Boy, Lovely Complex, Inuyasa, Itazura Na Kiss, Earl and Fairy, Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty, Romeo X Juliet, La Corda D'oro, Ayashi no ceres.

Can anyone recommend me something else? I've run out of animes to watch and I'm too lazy to read manga >_<"

Thanks in advance!

Guest NO NAME?
If you can, you should try reading High School Debut. There are no plans for an anime adaptation though. They should! I don't read/watch much shojo, but I really enjoyed reading this series. Also, check out NANA (animanga), Paradise Kiss (animanga), and The One (manhua).

Guest tisa-chan

I'm up for something romantic from the likes of Fushigi Yuugi, Maid sama, Hana Yori Dango, Peach girl, Tsubasa Chronicles, Marmalade Boy, Lovely Complex, Inuyasha, Itazura Na Kiss, Earl and Fairy, Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty, Romeo X Juliet, La Corda D'oro, Ayashi no ceres.

Can anyone recommend me something else? I've run out of animes to watch and I'm too lazy to read manga >_<"

Thanks in advance!

You have watched a lot (most) of them already ^-^ but i'd still like to recommend The Legend of Basara and Saiunkoku Monogatari that are not concentrated on romance but the relationships between characters are really interesting and intense. But maybe you watched this as well already.

Perhaps you should really start reading manga because it's way better than anime in most cases. You may be lazy in the beginning but once you get into it you won't be able to stop reading. lol

Guest silverkey_

I'm up for something romantic from the likes of Fushigi Yuugi, Maid sama, Hana Yori Dango, Peach girl, Tsubasa Chronicles, Marmalade Boy, Lovely Complex, Inuyasa, Itazura Na Kiss, Earl and Fairy, Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty, Romeo X Juliet, La Corda D'oro, Ayashi no ceres.

Thanks in advance!

Special A - the girl sees the guy as a rival while he secretly like her. really cute. try it.

Bokura ga ita - purely romance. it's so sweet. one of most romantic anime.

Fruits Basket - family that has been curse that when they got hug by opposite gender they turn into zodiac animals. it's good, but i prefer manga over the anime.

Ouran High School Host Club - girl pretends to be a guy and now one of host of the particular club.

Skip Beat! - girl wanted to become famous to get revenge on her ex-boyfriend

Guest Justalilodreamer

hi there! can someone recommend me a manga under the josei genre or something similar?

i've read popular stuff labeled josei--off the top of my head: nana, anything by the same author, kimi wa petto, hapi mari, nodame cantabile, honey and clover, etc.

on another note i'd like to recommend Running Through the City in the Sunset. it's a very beautiful manhwa with a just as beautiful storyline :)

I would recommend Perfect Couple (its very new so only a couple chapters are out) and a one-shot titled Conditions to be a Husband. Both can only be found at janimes.com which can be a bit of a hassle but its worth it :)

As for mangas i would say Hotaru no Hikaru and Love So Life (not josei but kind of similar?)