Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

i may be a little slow in the anime section, but i am watching FairyTail and Bleach right now. They're both awesome! Anyone know anything similar to FairyTail? I've watched Naruto too.

I love Fairy Tail! You may like One Piece, it's got a lot of similar themes ("nakama till the end," etc.) and they both have a similar style of humor. The anime/manga you mentioned are all part of the shonen genre, so that's a good place to start if you want to find similar ones.

Guest monkeyshinobi

Kamisama no Memochou, it's pretty new. If you liked Durarara you will probably like this one~ :D

Guest miki_chan

Anyone who is in the mood for a fantastic shoujo manga thats realistic and really hits home (depending if you ever experienced one sided/unrequited love) should read TONARI NO ATASHI (隣のあたし) by Nanba Atsuko.

cover.jpg

Summary: Nina is in love with her next door neighbour and childhood friend, Kyousuke. All is seemingly well until Kyousuke enters high school, and his baseball club's manager Asou Yuiko steps into the picture. Yuiko has a boyfriend, yet Nina witnesses her kissing Kyousuke...!?

cred: Eternalheart.net

I've read many shoujo mangas, and have been quite picky. But this one is really good! Take my word for it, it's addictive. Definitely a must read if you want your heart strings being pulled.

Guest SQUISHAY3

Recommended Anime:

- Clannad(show)

- 5 centimeters per second(movie)

- the girl who leapt through time(movie)

- the place promised in our early days(movie)

They're all basically sad love stories...but Clannad has some funny parts:) You're guaranteed to cry in at least one of the four:)

Guest ubjustin

can anyone recommend me a good action series?

preferably with lots of guns, swords, and/or fighting

series I liked: hellsing, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, karas, black lagoon, fate/stay night, noein, samurai 7, GITS SAC, berserk, claymore

you get the idea right? typical shonen-young adult type stuff with plenty of action and not much cutesy/sappy stuff 

Guest monkeyshinobi

series I liked: hellsing, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, karas, black lagoon, fate/stay night, noein, samurai 7, GITS SAC, berserk, claymore

you get the idea right? typical shonen-young adult type stuff with plenty of action and not much cutesy/sappy stuff 

Gurren Lagann

Full Metal Alchemist (either the first series or Brotherhood. Brotherhood follows the manga closer than the first series though)

D.Gray-man

Darker Than Black

Buso Renkin

One Piece (uh there's a lot of episodes o.o but i still would recommend it)

Soul Eater

Deadman Wonderland

Eureka Seven

Full Metal Panic (this series is awesome, it does have some romance in it.)

Bleach

Code Geass

Black Cat

Shakugan No Shanna

Yu Yu Hakusho

Fairy Tail

Beezlebub

Rave Master

To Aru Majutsu no Index

Nabari no Ou

Kaze no Stigma

Black Blood Brothers

etc.

Guest knockblock

Gurren Lagann

Full Metal Alchemist (either the first series or Brotherhood. Brotherhood follows the manga closer than the first series though)

D.Gray-man

Darker Than Black

Buso Renkin

One Piece (uh there's a lot of episodes o.o but i still would recommend it)

Soul Eater

Deadman Wonderland

Eureka Seven

Full Metal Panic (this series is awesome, it does have some romance in it.)

Bleach

Code Geass

Black Cat

Shakugan No Shanna

Yu Yu Hakusho

Fairy Tail

Beezlebub

Rave Master

To Aru Majutsu no Index

Nabari no Ou

Kaze no Stigma

Black Blood Brothers

etc.

Add Dragon Ball Z, Tenjou Tenge, Naruto + Shippuden, Death Note, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Monster (though I have seen only very little of it), Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Hunter X Hunter (haven't actually seen it), and 07 Ghost. Then this list is good.

Guest GrandTale

Let's see...

The ones in italic are shoujo anime/manga

Code Geass

Rurouni Kenshin

Maid-sama

Tommorow's Nadja

K-On

Durarara!

Ao no Exorcist

Ayakashi Japanese Classic Horror (contains a little kind of ecchi though, but still...)

Busou Renkin

Fairy Tail

One Piece

FMA (both the 1st series or the brotherhood one)

Deadman Wonderland

Air Gear (ecchi alert!)

There are still more but I didn't remember the rest... ^^ Anyone want to add to the list?

Guest bubblyteax

EVERYONE.

Tiger and Bunny. <3

It's a good airing anime with meaning within. It's full of action since it's about super heroes, and full of comedy. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sunye~

magnolia

the plot line is VERY different from the usual romance manga :)

also...

usagi drop ...... so......cute!

i'm trying to think of the title of a similar manga (grownup caring for shy little boy/girl type stories) with a teenage boy who likes to cook, and eventually becomes close with a little boy who loves sweets.... if anyone knows the title, please tell me :)

it's called flat!

No. 6 (shounen-ai <3)

Too soon? hehe.

Welp I used to be into gorey types of anime. So far I have read and seen

Higurashi no naku koro ni

Elfen Lied

Deadman Wonderland

School days (?)

Any more reccomendations would be nice 8D

Romance anime

I recc.

Fruits basket

Kimi ni todoke

Vampire knight

Kaichouwa maid sama

Chobits

Ouran high school host club

And my favorite slice-of-life is Lucky Star. LOL. :l

*also I have seen 5cm per second and tbh I expected better. A lot better :c*

Manga

Love Allergen

I really really like the 14chapters that have been released so far. But it's so hard to find anyone that like this manga too.

Synopsis

In a small village, there is a legend about a person born from a sakura tree one thousand years ago. Though she appeared human in form, she could not understand love, and was therefore cruel. She was eventually destroyed. Now, the mythical Sakura tree is going to attempt to create human life once again. This time it is up to two high school students, the incredibly handsome Tasuku and the love-allergic girl Honomi, to teach the Sakura Child about love.

Volume 1 cover

46225l.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest shinomorisagara

Hi everyone

I'm on the lookout for a good manga out there. the problem is, I'm a very (picky) reader.

the recent manga I read is Kaichou wa maid-sama. I didn't like it at first, but then I was hooked.

Now, I can't seem to find a good manga recently. I hate those typical plots in which the girl is so stupid and the guy is mister perfect. I also hate art which shows the female lead as a kid, and the guy as a (grown)  man. It doesn't look normal to me.

so is there a manga out there, with a good plot, good art and is as good as Kaicho wa maid sama?

Guest kimchiluv

Hi

I've been out of the anime world for nearly 2 years cause i've been concentrating on my studies but everything will be over soon and i'm realllllly craving some good quality anime so anyone wanna help me out?

i've seen:

bleach

deathnote

naruto

special a

ouran highschool host club

d gray man

fullmetal alchemist

detective conan

prince of tennis

code geass

vampire knight

fruits basket

tantei gakuen q

love complex

dn angel

rurouni kenshin

kyo kara maoh

la cordo d'oro

out of this list, the ones that i liked the most were prince of tennis, ouran, d grayman, deathnote, bleach and naruto. so if anyone knows anything similar to these or to any on the list please recommend? :) i wouldn't mind some eyecandy either ;)

Currently I'm into the manga "Love So Life". It's about a 16 year old girl who works part time as a babysitter for these two adorable and mischievious twins~ <3 Kyaaah~ the art is really awesomely drawn like Shoujo manga-styled. Anyone into cute kids who cosplays? I recommend this manga ahahs. It's still ongoing though so at the moment, there's 29 chapters ^w^ Be warned: you're gonna be overloaded with constant cuteness and squeal-worthy moments keke =3

~ Betty

kimchiluv Seeing your favorites among the list, I want to recommend you one awesome manga/anime. It's Hunter x Hunter and basically it's a shounen manga with lots of fighting but not just endless fighting. Instead the storyline is the main point.. it's lightyears better than Bleach imho. Now that the author is coming out of hiatus, it's been selling better than bleach and i will recommend anyone who likes shounen manga to give this a try.

There's the old anime (1999) and the new one (2011).. You should watch from the first one since the new one just got started(I'm waiting for more episodes to come out before watching it). And I forgot to mention what this manga is about. It's this boy Gon who wants to become the best 'hunter' in order to meet his dad(who is one of the top tier hunters in the world) who supposedly abandon him. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest popcornpuffs

I've never actually read Manga before..

I was always more of a "watch korean dramas" type,

but i thought hey i might try something new.. so any rec's? >-<