Japan Kao Prettia Bubble Hair Coloring

Guest kimmi.kami

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ichigo_no_powder

Is Kao Prettia available anywhere in the Vancouver/Richmond/Surrey area? I'm flying up to BC to visit family this weekend and I'd like to buy a couple colors (primarily, Sweet Pink and Antique Rose) if it's in stock somewhere. Maybe T&T Supermarket?

I think i remember seeing it @ aberdeen centre before, at the beauty place near OSIM.

Guest *.yl=-

Unless I didn't read carefully,

but I would like to know how long

the colour stays in the hair.

thnx

its permenant

i dyed my hair in august 2009 and still got the colour now. it hasnt faded, i just touch up the roots using normal hair dye

Guest kimmi.kami

I think i remember seeing it @ aberdeen centre before, at the beauty place near OSIM.

Really?! :oO

was there a huge wide of colours to choose from >_<?

Guest Jannoy

^

I live in Vancouver, and so far I couldn't find Kao Prettia at T&T supermarket >_>

only palty o_O

Aww, bugger! I was hoping that if I could find it, T&T would be the place! ;o; Which T&T Supermarket was it? Metrotown? In Richmond on Cambie Rd? I don't wanna go looking for it at a place where it can't be found. ;__;

I'll definitely be going to Aberdeen anyway, so I'll make a sweep of all the beauty/salon shops there. Did you remember the name of the beauty place? MG Cosmetics? Zeal?

Guest momo panda

Hey guys! \(^-^)/ I just bought two boxes of marshmallow brown hairdye.. For those of you who said the colour was uneven as in lighter near the scalp, did you rub the dye directly on your hair parting? <--if so, did you rub the foam on the top of the head before you applied it to all over your hair? How do you make sure the colour is even and not too light and uneven on the scalp?

It's applied on dried hair right?

Guest *.yl=-

Hey guys! \(^-^)/ I just bought two boxes of marshmallow brown hairdye.. For those of you who said the colour was uneven as in lighter near the scalp, did you rub the dye directly on your hair parting? <--if so, did you rub the foam on the top of the head before you applied it to all over your hair? How do you make sure the colour is even and not too light and uneven on the scalp?

It's applied on dried hair right?

yep its applied on dry hair ^^

i started by having a handful of foam and spreading it all over my hair, kept doing that until all foam is used up from the bottle then massaged around the head ^^

I'll definitely be going to Aberdeen anyway, so I'll make a sweep of all the beauty/salon shops there. Did you remember the name of the beauty place? MG Cosmetics? Zeal?

So I did find it at Aberdeen Centre. It's at MG Cosmetics on the first floor. Pretty good selection of Kao Prettia, however it's so expensive! It's $25 per box! x__x

I really wanna try it, but I dunno if I want to shell out that much just for a box of hair dye...

Guest bellywelly123

omg...dying hair with no damage! heaven! (well, not MUCH damage) i want to dye my hair with this foamy dye!!!!! rawr :P

does anyone know where to buy this in sydney (not online). I'll go to the city soon! i'll ask in AKA cosmetics in market city...hope they have >v<

i recommend this!

my mom and i used this and wow~ the foam makes it so much easier to dye hair by yourself :)

also, i liked the color i used, so i was satisfied

Guest carousel_i

I brought a box of Marshmellow brown today and tried it. I have virgin black hair so i was interested to see how effective the result was.

Application was pretty straight forward and easy. Pleasant smell and so far, haven't had any reactions yet so for people with concerns on how this dye reacts to sensitive scalps and such, I'd say its pretty mild to the head. Then again, I'm not sure what the ingredients are besides amino acids and loyol jelly extracts so do a skin reaction test first to make sure.

In terms of how well the colour showed up on my hair, it's fine and you CAN tell the difference but only under certain lightings. Those looking for a more bigger colour impact however should probably use the normal hair dyes.

Overall, the product is nice and simple, somewhat does its job but would probably work well on pre-dyed heads. Don't think it'll be suitable for root touch ups though.

omg...dying hair with no damage! heaven! (well, not MUCH damage) i want to dye my hair with this foamy dye!!!!! rawr :P

does anyone know where to buy this in sydney (not online). I'll go to the city soon! i'll ask in AKA cosmetics in market city...hope they have >v<

AKA cosmetics does not stock them. You'll have to try Beauty Queen near Easy Way on George St. It's a little dearer than expected, selling @ $29 a box. .

Guest bellywelly123

I brought a box of Marshmellow brown today and tried it. I have virgin black hair so i was interested to see how effective the result was.

Application was pretty straight forward and easy. Pleasant smell and so far, haven't had any reactions yet so for people with concerns on how this dye reacts to sensitive scalps and such, I'd say its pretty mild to the head. Then again, I'm not sure what the ingredients are besides amino acids and loyol jelly extracts so do a skin reaction test first to make sure.

In terms of how well the colour showed up on my hair, it's fine and you CAN tell the difference but only under certain lightings. Those looking for a more bigger colour impact however should probably use the normal hair dyes.

Overall, the product is nice and simple, somewhat does its job but would probably work well on pre-dyed heads. Don't think it'll be suitable for root touch ups though.

AKA cosmetics does not stock them. You'll have to try Beauty Queen near Easy Way on George St. It's a little dearer than expected, selling @ $29 a box. .

$30!!! :o that is kind of over my budget for me...TT___TT mum would never buy it for me now.

For those who have used it and have long hair. Was one box be enough?

Just looked at the advert, and my hair is around the same length, possibly slightly longer, compared to her?

Guest kimmi.kami

So I did find it at Aberdeen Centre. It's at MG Cosmetics on the first floor. Pretty good selection of Kao Prettia, however it's so expensive! It's $25 per box! x__x

I really wanna try it, but I dunno if I want to shell out that much just for a box of hair dye...

afff, 25 dollars?D:

palty is only 12 dollars T___T

i guess i have to try buying online..

@_@ I want to try it on my bf LOL.

I will probably want to try it out after my hair grows out.

Wow, why is it so expensive? Palty is only $9, from where

I get it from. I am unsure if they have Pettia Hair Dye though hmm...

I should go look :D

afff, 25 dollars?D:

palty is only 12 dollars T___T

i guess i have to try buying online..

I suppose that $25 would be about the average price for Kao Prettia (outside of Japan/Asia in general) if you were to buy it from a store instead of online. I just might talk myself into going back to MG at Aberdeen to buy a box or two. Considering shipping & handling fees (and the wait until the product arrives at your doorstep), $25 dollars/per Prettia box might not be that bad a deal.

Or maybe I'm just really trying to convince myself to go back there and buy some. oAo

Guest WendiiE

I saw the Prettia commercial a lot when I was in Japan. I wish I bought some while I was there because it's a lot cheaper. >.< I'm tempted to buy it and dye my hair again. LOL.

Archived