Japan Kao Prettia Bubble Hair Coloring

Guest kimmi.kami

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarkSolace

I ordered Sweet Pink about a week ago. It was pretty cheap - like $16? I followed the instructions and it didn't work.

I think it's just me =(

The past half year I dyed my hair (which was at that time it's natural color) orange blonde brownish at a salon. Don't know how to describe it, but looked nice. Then after a few months it started fading so I dyed it black with yellow highlights. They were supposed to be white, but the lady did a bad job T_T I bought the Prettia in Sweet Pink hoping it would change my entire hair into one solid color. Yeah I know long shot didn't really think it was possile since black and yellow have such a big contrast.

What really happened:

Only my yellow highlights changed into "Sweet Pink" =( And that only lasted for 2 days. ._. My hair still has these ugly yellow highlights =(

Only Positive:

The hair dye made my hair healthier O______O I know this sounds weird, but before the bottom of my hair was all crunchy and dry and it got a little bit better after I used the hair dye ^^

Guest chika_shia

^Did you order it from the cite posted on the 2nd page?

Anyways, this stuff seems pretty good. I just ordered it (hopefully the cite's reliable) and from some of these reviews, i think i'll leave it in for almost twice as long as they directed. I've never dyed my hair before, so let's see if it turns out nice. :)

Btw, to those who've used it, do you guys pretty much just lather it up in your hair, or do you section it off?

Guest DarkSolace

^Did you order it from the cite posted on the 2nd page?

Anyways, this stuff seems pretty good. I just ordered it (hopefully the cite's reliable) and from some of these reviews, i think i'll leave it in for almost twice as long as they directed. I've never dyed my hair before, so let's see if it turns out nice. :)

Btw, to those who've used it, do you guys pretty much just lather it up in your hair, or do you section it off?

Yeah the ecrater one! Arrived pretty quick XD

And I agree you should leave it in longer and lather it evenly. I lathered it in my hair and it obviously didn't turn out so good =( The only part of my hair that has some dye in it is the part near my roots lol I think sectioning it off would be nice and it would only help to leave it in your hair longer ^^

Guest angeland

i have been seeing this bubble dye around for some time

and didnt realize that it's so special about it :P

will get one another day and try it out ^^

Guest chika_shia

Yeah the ecrater one! Arrived pretty quick XD

And I agree you should leave it in longer and lather it evenly. I lathered it in my hair and it obviously didn't turn out so good =( The only part of my hair that has some dye in it is the part near my roots lol I think sectioning it off would be nice and it would only help to leave it in your hair longer ^^

^Yeah, that's the one! It's good to know that it's going to arrive pretty quickly because i wanted to dye my hair before going to this ball. I'll try it out and if it turns out okay, i'll try to update it for people to see. Thanks!

Guest deportedkorean

Okay, done! I bought the glossy brown. My roots were growing in so I bought this at the local Japanese superstore for...I think $14 (good deal considering things in Hawaii are expensive).

The experience was alright, at about 20 minutes, I realized that the foam started to liquify and start dripping here and there (my fault, I pretty much used the whole bottle even though I have semi-short hair). Rinsing it out was SUPER easy (water ran clear in like, 2 minutes). I had fun with the foam too :).

Before:

30m09x1.jpg

urmgi.jpg

After:

2412kvt.jpg

(I bleached my brows a bit lighter while I waited too lol.)

Guest jisatsu

omg and here i was trying to get away from dyeing my hair. but this product looks so good i really want to try it. i wonder if they sell it at mitsuwa? for those of you who dyed your color black using this product, how long did it stay? i'm wondering if it is really permanent or it comes out after a washes (like most black dyes i've tried before, it fades to a brown).

thanks to the OP for posting this product!

Guest _toastypbj

This is actually really good! I love it!!

I love that it doesn't transfer onto my sheets, my shirt, or towel after first washing and that the color stays on for a really good while. I re-dye my hair every four months, when my roots start showing, but the fading is very little.

My hair runs more than halfway down my back and a bottle takes care of it.. and I have plenty of hair, so it was surprising. I usually need two bottles.

I was skeptical with this... when the heck did foam color hair? But it's really great. Should consider giving this a try once.

Guest TimidSoul

So I haven't logged in to Soompi for an age and have turned into a lurker. So new account, first post and here are my results using Cool Beige :

Prettia Cool Beige results

Like other Soompiers I had fun with the foam and I also liked the results too! Although I found that the colour isn't as intense as the Palty dyes, it didn't dry out my hair like Palty did. I was quite pleased with this and I would definately try it again in another shade :)

Okay, done! I bought the glossy brown. My roots were growing in so I bought this at the local Japanese superstore for...I think $14 (good deal considering things in Hawaii are expensive).

The experience was alright, at about 20 minutes, I realized that the foam started to liquify and start dripping here and there (my fault, I pretty much used the whole bottle even though I have semi-short hair). Rinsing it out was SUPER easy (water ran clear in like, 2 minutes). I had fun with the foam too :).

Before:

http://i50.tinypic.com/30m09x1.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/urmgi.jpg

After:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2412kvt.jpg

(I bleached my brows a bit lighter while I waited too lol.)

Did you do anything special for the roots (i.e. put dye on it first then apply to rest of hair)? I have longer roots than yours and I barely dyed my hair a month ago! ):

I've been hearing a lot that one box is more than enough for people with long hair. I have short hair and know nothing about hair dying, so I was wondering if it's possible to preserve some of the dye by only mixing some of it? Or keeping the whole mixed bottle (which doesn't sound very effective to me)? My hair grows fast so I'd need to retouch it every now and then, but I don't want to be buying a box every time.

Guest deportedkorean

Did you do anything special for the roots (i.e. put dye on it first then apply to rest of hair)? I have longer roots than yours and I barely dyed my hair a month ago! ):

Oh wow, yeah, I had my hair dyed at the salon maybe a month + 10 days ago. I didn't do anything special, i started from the front, then to the back (then massaged into the roots). Thing about roots is that it takes up hair dye much faster/easier.

Guest chinaroll

Does anyone know where this product is available in LA,CALIFORNIA?? like anywhere in LA or West Covina?

pls let me know~ thanks!

Guest i__coOkiesx3

I've been hearing a lot that one box is more than enough for people with long hair. I have short hair and know nothing about hair dying, so I was wondering if it's possible to preserve some of the dye by only mixing some of it? Or keeping the whole mixed bottle (which doesn't sound very effective to me)? My hair grows fast so I'd need to retouch it every now and then, but I don't want to be buying a box every time.

i would also like to know this

i just bought one in sweet pink

will post pictures after i use (:

-edit-

yeah, i dont think you can reuse this, people say that if you've alrdy mixed the solutions together, you can't save it. i would suggest just putting half of each solution into a bowl and saving the rest of a next time use.

and i just used it last night, it came out as i expected, a bit darker than the box cause i've never really dyed my hair before, but you can still tell theres a major difference (: pictures will be up soon ><

Guest Lovelyisu

is there any place in edmonton, alberta that sells this ?

... i highly doubt it though <_<

I'd like to know this too, please? :)

I wanted to dye my hair before

Chinese New Years cause we

have this family gathering, haha.

Thanks in advance!

i would also like to know this

i just bought one in sweet pink

will post pictures after i use (:

-edit-

yeah, i dont think you can reuse this, people say that if you've alrdy mixed the solutions together, you can't save it. i would suggest just putting half of each solution into a bowl and saving the rest of a next time use.

and i just used it last night, it came out as i expected, a bit darker than the box cause i've never really dyed my hair before, but you can still tell theres a major difference (: pictures will be up soon ><

Ahh, yeah, that's what I meant by mixing only some of it. I wonder what the shelf life for the two (I think there are two that you mix together?) solutions is if they're already opened?

Guest i__coOkiesx3

here are the pictures:

Photo0635.jpg

Photo0658.jpg

Photo0663.jpg

used sweet pink (: , im pretty happy with the results, you can definitely tell theres a difference in natural light.

and like others said before, the color does come out more after a few washes, i noticed there was still dye in my hair while washing my hair today (dyed it 2 days ago)

if anybody is interested in getting prettia, please vote in the poll in my shop (sig) and i might start selling it, thanks (:

Archived