Japan Kao Prettia Bubble Hair Coloring

Guest kimmi.kami

@_YooMi & *.yl=]

i LOVE the brown shades you guys have! i really want my hair to look like that one day. lol. i'm definitely going to try dying my hair this color. :)

btw, _YooMi: what color did you use?

I used marshmallow brown as well ^^

and i read somewhere that the color will start to be more noticeable after a few washes :mellow:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kimmi.kami

@*veenee

oh my gosh:D

thanks for the site ^_^

and ahh the reviews...i really want to dye my hair nowD:

but i have to wait until summer time to dye my hair again >_>

I think I'm going to dye my hair Hi Bleach or Chiffon Beige

I really want to aim for that yellowish brown hair ^_^

but does the colour fade like palty does?D:

anyone know?

really tired of having my colour fading ..T^T

Guest ichigo_no_powder

Those who bought these in HK, where exactly did you buy them? Sasa? Colormix? I'm off to HK in about 2 days!

i think my mum got mines from bonjour

i used marshmallow brown and because my previous hair color was a super similar shade of brown you can't tell that it's been dyed unless if you concentrate on the top of my head. my main purpose was to dye my hair that was growing up.

normally once box of hair dye isn't enough for me to dye all my hair but this one proved to be more than enough. other than that...i don't think it was too different than say, palty

Guest flyxme.

leaving the hair dye in longer than the recommended time doesnt make a difference

the chemicals only last for a limited amounttime, which IS stated on the boxes

youre only leaving it to become harden clumps of dye on your hair...

Guest raindrops

"...and also ambassador/advertised by a japan famous actress/model, (竹下玲奈) Rena Takemini coopera."

I laughed at the soompi swear filter (haha!)

and I would definitely give it a try when it starts selling in Sydney, Australia. The marshmallow brown looks really good :)

leaving the hair dye in longer than the recommended time doesnt make a difference

the chemicals only last for a limited amounttime, which IS stated on the boxes

youre only leaving it to become harden clumps of dye on your hair...

So, max time to leave it on is 30 minutes, correct? :/

Guest RelenaChung15

I dyed my hair with the glossy brown last night.

For people who want to dye their hair but not get caught by their parents... or make their hair REALLY noticable, I would pick one of the darker brown series.

It was really easy to put on and although some of the dye got on my ears and towel, they came off really easily, as stated that this product doesn't stain your skin or your clothes.

My hair got a shade lighter and it looks brown under the light and outside but inside, it is still a light black.

The smell kinda got to me but it faded after I washed my hair.

The only mistake I made was massaging the color more on my scalp than on the rest of my hair so the brown is more noticable at the top than on the bottom but it still doesn't look bad. I would say to those who want to try this product to massage the dye evenly throughout all the hair for about 10 minutes and then let the product stay for about the 20-30minutes time period. Because of my virgin hair, it might be the reason why the dye didn't show up as much on my hair. I would also try to pick lighter colors if you want a dark brown to contrast with black hair if you have never dyed your hair before

Guest cystaltears

You're point 5 is really really amature..and a generalization... I've lived in Japan for several months and the quality of their products is just as good as the quality of products you get in North America. For your information almost 90% of their products are made in China, just like the rest of the world...

Also, in Japan it's easier to get ur hair dyed in a salon for better quality...also..it's cheap to get your hair done at a salon in Japan contray to what others think...

Guest Jannoy

Is Kao Prettia available anywhere in the Vancouver/Richmond/Surrey area? I'm flying up to BC to visit family this weekend and I'd like to buy a couple colors (primarily, Sweet Pink and Antique Rose) if it's in stock somewhere. Maybe T&T Supermarket?

Guest dysphoria

^ aw boo, i was hoping to find it at T&T Supermarket since they sell Palty and Gatsby there... I wonder if they have it at Crystal Mall or Konbiniya in Robson Downtown?

this seems pretty interesting so i wanted to give it a try!!

right now i have really bad pudding hair T^T;; i have like 3 shades...

Guest samshiku

Ohhh this is rather popular in my area nowadays..its available in all the major drugstores :)

..i've a couple of friends who have tried it and they loved it

but it works differently on different hair textures tho...i had this friend (with rather fine hair ) who got a gorgeous shade of brown when she did it but this other friend, who had very thick hair, had more unsatisfactory results - the colour wasn't as bright and her hair absorbed alot of the colouring

Guest Aimiko

QUESTION: do you need 2 boxes to dye semi long hair?

im thinking of getting marshmallow brown, royal brown, or natural ash :)

My hair is probably counted as semi long hair?, since it covers my chest area a bit. Or would you call this long hair? o.O Anyway, it is cut into layers recently and I have thin hair. To dye my hair, I only needed one box and in the end I couldn't even finished the foam lol. So, even if you have thick hair, you would have enough with just one box. xD

I dyed my hair with the glossy brown last night.

For people who want to dye their hair but not get caught by their parents... or make their hair REALLY noticable, I would pick one of the darker brown series.

It was really easy to put on and although some of the dye got on my ears and towel, they came off really easily, as stated that this product doesn't stain your skin or your clothes.

My hair got a shade lighter and it looks brown under the light and outside but inside, it is still a light black.

The smell kinda got to me but it faded after I washed my hair.

The only mistake I made was massaging the color more on my scalp than on the rest of my hair so the brown is more noticable at the top than on the bottom but it still doesn't look bad. I would say to those who want to try this product to massage the dye evenly throughout all the hair for about 10 minutes and then let the product stay for about the 20-30minutes time period. Because of my virgin hair, it might be the reason why the dye didn't show up as much on my hair. I would also try to pick lighter colors if you want a dark brown to contrast with black hair if you have never dyed your hair before

Agreed. I made the same mistake as well, or well..rather my brother who did my hair.

Anyway, when you put too much foam on the scalp, it's going to sting. My brother did it twice on me, and it hurt like hell. =___= The strong is awfully strong as well. When I stood up a bit, I could feel it on my eyes and it burned! D: When I sat again, luckily I didn't felt the pain anymore.

Also, to share some experience, when I was showering I was trying to get the dye off me, but it accidentally reached into my eyes even though I closed my eyes off completely. It stings and hurt like JHASDYSADAGHDYSADSA. I was so scared and I panicked, but now I'm ok thought. So ladies, be careful while washing your hair. >.<

If anyone is interested, I'll post a picture of my hair. I dyed it with milk tea brown. (But it's really not noticeable, or at least not much. T.T)

Guest xCookies

mm, I will prob try this hair dye. Although when your root grow out, I always wondered how would you use the foam? Would you just massage the foam into your roots where your virgin hair is grown and leave it on first? then rest of your hair?

Guest *.yl=-

mm, I will prob try this hair dye. Although when your root grow out, I always wondered how would you use the foam? Would you just massage the foam into your roots where your virgin hair is grown and leave it on first? then rest of your hair?

on the instruction sheet if i remember, it said not to use on roots

so i guess you would have to buy hair dye but the bad thing about that is if the colour outcome would be te same as the rest of your hair

Guest Plotpoint

If anyone is interested, I'll post a picture of my hair. I dyed it with milk tea brown. (But it's really not noticeable, or at least not much. T.T)

I would be interestedd. :) Thanks for keeping us up to date. (It seems so much easier than regular dye.)

Archived