SM WEEKLY AUDITIONS IN LA

Guest followyourdreams

Guest keikeikhang

Basically you must pass all 3 rounds of audition before you become a trainee. Training begins in Korea right away. They provide you with housing and airfare. But I don't think you get paid living expenses (entertainment fun, local bus/taxi transportation, food, etc.) while you're training. They already invest a lot of money in trainees just to prepare them.

There's no specific answer as to whether or not SM only goes for looks because there's other entertainment companies that can be generalized the same way. Some people say SM is 70% looks and 30% talent. But if you have the talent and they really like you then i'm sure they'll invest money on your looks. Don't be offended.

Auditions are pretty similar in Korea and America.

Half of what you say is true. But they don't pay for airfare. They DO pay for living expenses such as food and stuff though. And no, theres no specific thing whether they look for looks or talent or whatever. If they have interest in you, then they do. Theres no percentage or whatever.. if they like you.. You're in.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tvxqsaranghae

Half of what you say is true. But they don't pay for airfare. They DO pay for living expenses such as food and stuff though. And no, theres no specific thing whether they look for looks or talent or whatever. If they have interest in you, then they do. Theres no percentage or whatever.. if they like you.. You're in.

i never knew they paid for food! so do trainees live in dorms with a cafeteria or sth?? or do they just give u allowance for u to buy ur own stuff?? do u know what the dorms r like? because sulli from f(x) said amber was ASSIGNED to the same room as her... so....

Guest keikeikhang

i never knew they paid for food! so do trainees live in dorms with a cafeteria or sth?? or do they just give u allowance for u to buy ur own stuff?? do u know what the dorms r like? because sulli from f(x) said amber was ASSIGNED to the same room as her... so....

Yes. I believe they do get allowance. And you're assigned a dorm with another person.

I'm pretty sure SM pays for airfare as well. Their official site says it and for those who make it pass the final are sponsored by SM. Unless you go back and forth between breaks to train in korea then SM doesn't pay for your airfare.

I know there's no percentage of what they judged you on. I was just saying that's what other people said. But if you're talented then SM will invest in you.

Guest keikeikhang

I'm pretty sure SM pays for airfare as well. Their official site says it and for those who make it pass the final are sponsored by SM. Unless you go back and forth between breaks to train in korea then SM doesn't pay for your airfare.

I know there's no percentage of what they judged you on. I was just saying that's what other people said. But if you're talented then SM will invest in you.

No, they don't pay for airfare.. -_-. Their site says they'll sponsor those 100% when they sign with them. And once you sign with them, it's the same for every trainee. It's not if you're good or whatever. Once you sign you get your living expenses.

^That's what I meant. They sponsor those when they sign. I was saying that once you pass the final and sign a contract with SM saying that you're going to train, then they'll provide it.

Well good luck to everyone who auditions!

Guest squattingduck23

haha. How else do people know about this stuff? ex_e_i_ _c_ ;)

haha, I still didn't get your clue but good luck to you and your issue with your parents :)

oh btw, do you know where you would go to school? like Korea Kent Foreign School or something?

and is it really true that once you get to the final round and fly to korea.. you're basically in!? because I heard from another soompier that he's gone through these stages plenty of times.. but he didn't' necessarily get in..o.O

Guest squattingduck23

^ ^ WOW, stupid moment -_-'

I thought of everything but experience. haha

btw, a lot of people going the weekend of HB?

Guest keikeikhang

haha, I still didn't get your clue but good luck to you and your issue with your parents :)

oh btw, do you know where you would go to school? like Korea Kent Foreign School or something?

and is it really true that once you get to the final round and fly to korea.. you're basically in!? because I heard from another soompier that he's gone through these stages plenty of times.. but he didn't' necessarily get in..o.O

Haha. Well I don't know about what school you go to but you do have school and then after school is trainig until late. Yes, technicly it is true that when you get to the 3rd and final round that oyu made it, but once you pass the second round(callbacks), then you have technicly made it. Theres been NO CASE where the ones who passed the 2nd round did not make it. I got this confirmed from a staff member. So once they say you pass the second round, you're "in." That is, if you sign the contract. Once you finish your final "audition" then they will give you the contract. And of course you have to go back to the States and pack and stuff and have your parents sign if your a minor. And then it's off to training. (NOW they pay for your plane ticket since you signed the contract)

Guest squattingduck23

ahhh, I see :) thanks!

I guess that kid... just.. didn't get through the callbacks but got called back plenty of times.. >.<

Guest keikeikhang

Hi, would the judges at Weekly judge you differently (i.e. lenient) if you asked to just auditon out for starlight academy?

They would get annoyed. Why would you go to a weekly audition if you want to try out for starlight academy? They will not even let you audition there and just ask you to leave. Starlight Academy is a WAYYY different thing. You have to apply for that school. I won't explain the proccess on how Starlight academy works so please don't ask in the weekly thread.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

They would get annoyed. Why would you go to a weekly audition if you want to try out for starlight academy? They will not even let you audition there and just ask you to leave. Starlight Academy is a WAYYY different thing. You have to apply for that school. I won't explain the proccess on how Starlight academy works so please don't ask in the weekly thread.

@keikeikhang: I just wanted to let you know that your information and experience has been really helpful. Thanks alot for giving us info on the SM weekly auditions and stuff :D

Guest keikeikhang

@keikeikhang: I just wanted to let you know that your information and experience has been really helpful. Thanks alot for giving us info on the SM weekly auditions and stuff :D

No problem! I actually wish I had someone to tell me about the auditions like this. So I'm glad that my info helps.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

No problem! I actually wish I had someone to tell me about the auditions like this. So I'm glad that my info helps.

Did you get callbacks for a second audition? You seem to be really talented too :)

Just wondering, weekly audition-wise since they started this up on 08, does anyone know if there's been quite a few ppl that have been accepted? I'm just curious since it seems from keikeichang stated there have been more than one who's been accepted into the company.

what up people. just got back from my audition. went there at 530. filled out paper work. there was no one else in there so after i was done i just went in the room. yes they record you. i got in front of the camera, introduced myself. then i got to sing 3 songs, messed up on my last one bleh...i repeated one line like 3 times but its ok...just keep going and dont act like you messed up. then i got to dance for a minute or so. got asked some questions. took some still shots and "mug" shots. took some posed shots. then went home. the girl was really nice. she says that a lot of people who come audition are more like fans, so my only advice is really practice. make sure you're confident and just go out and kill it. let them know and see that you are indeed serious about yo shiz.

Guest lovegood

I'm considering auditioning for these weekly SM auditions...

is there anyone who would like to meet up with me? I think I'll go within next month or the month after that. I would actually be very scared if I was the only person auditioning, so It would be nice to have a fellow soompier there with me.

Archived