SM WEEKLY AUDITIONS IN LA

Guest followyourdreams

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

yah your right I know someone who passed the auditions and the person have to get to korea on her/his own. you can still hope that they will pay your ticket but dont think this will happen because sm has already lots of trainee, so for them they wont really pay for your ticket, because well they wont be sad or something if they lost you even if your like I mean perfect. but also I think that if you passed the first round maybe they could arrange with you to meet somewhere else like in their LA weekly auditions or by coincidence some sm staff was near your city so you can audition in your city.

Hey Jenny..Was just wondering did your friend mail his audition demo to SM Entertainment/s headquarters in South Korea or the one in LA?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jenny620

Hey Jenny..Was just wondering did your friend mail his audition demo to SM Entertainment/s headquarters in South Korea or the one in LA?

no my friend didnt send demos she went to the weekly auditions and I think you can send to LA if its better for me because if you look a little more in the audition section on smtown they have the possibility to mail them at LA

Guest sinaelee

No absolutely not whatsoever. ABSOLUTELY not. They won't waste their precious time to fly over to America for your final audition. And you CANNOT mail your final audition to them. It has to be in real life so they can experience it for themselves.You're still just an auditioner to them, you still don't mean anything to them yet. I know it's harsh, but thats showbiz.

so does that mean i absolutely HAVE to go to Korea and I have no other choices?

^

if you're fortunate enough to move on to the final round, then then answer is yes. absolutely.

im pretty sure this doesnt just pertain to SM. If other companies worked the way SM does (ie, multiple rounds, last round in front of the CEO) then i would hardly believe that they would take the time to fly all the way to the other side of the world either. No matter how nice one company might seem, they're all still businesses. Because seriously how much money would they have to spend if each time they saw a potential trainee they took the time and money to go and fly to them, with the possibility that they might not even sign them? In their eyes, thats a huge waste of money.

Guest sinaelee

^

if you're fortunate enough to move on to the final round, then then answer is yes. absolutely.

im pretty sure this doesnt just pertain to SM. If other companies worked the way SM does (ie, multiple rounds, last round in front of the CEO) then i would hardly believe that they would take the time to fly all the way to the other side of the world either. No matter how nice one company might seem, they're all still businesses. Because seriously how much money would they have to spend if each time they saw a potential trainee they took the time and money to go and fly to them, with the possibility that they might not even sign them? In their eyes, thats a huge waste of money.

oh, okay thanks.

i also have another question... when you pass the final audition in Korea, do you find out if you passed/failed it like a month later and when do you get the contract? and also, if your underage, do they make you fly back to where you live to talk over the contract with your parents and to have them sign it too? or could you just mail the contract to your parents?

^i'm pretty sure either they will fly back with you or your parent will have to follow you to korea in order to sign the contract. you should have them go over it with your parents and make sure your parents understand everything that will happen once you start training. keep in mind, the contract is 10 years. if you quit during the middle of training then i think you have to reimburse them and pay a penalty.

Guest keikeikhang

^i'm pretty sure either they will fly back with you or your parent will have to follow you to korea in order to sign the contract. you should have them go over it with your parents and make sure your parents understand everything that will happen once you start training. keep in mind, the contract is 10 years. if you quit during the middle of training then i think you have to reimburse them and pay a penalty.

Actually, they just give you the contract to bring back to your parents to discuss. If you're underaged, that is. Then your parents have to sign the contract as well.

Guest tvxqsaranghae

Actually, they just give you the contract to bring back to your parents to discuss. If you're underaged, that is. Then your parents have to sign the contract as well.

really??? somehow that seems kind of insecure... what if u lose it lol

but anyway, once ur parents sign it u have to fly back to korea again to give it back to them? then u start training right away??

Guest keikeikhang

really??? somehow that seems kind of insecure... what if u lose it lol

but anyway, once ur parents sign it u have to fly back to korea again to give it back to them? then u start training right away??

That's correct. Once the contract is laid out, you pack up, and go to Korea to hand in the contract and train right away.

Guest Barack Obama

That's correct. Once the contract is laid out, you pack up, and go to Korea to hand in the contract and train right away.

Previously you said that you knew these things from "experience" so does that mean you got in? If you did congratulations. (:

Before in the other thread where you asked people to judge you I thought you would get in. ^^

lucky LA-ers and ur weekly auditions.... :)

i live in toronto Canada (free health care!!!!!!!!), so i have to wait once a year. it just doesnt feel good spamming their inbox with my email auditions. i wanna do it live.... so im just gonna be practicing until then... XDD

good luck kids!

geez... did i just say kids...

i sound like a geizer now kekeke ^^''

Guest xblade321

1. Is it still going on?

Yes

2. How many people show up every week?

Not much

3. I heard the auditions are individual since there aren't that many people auditioning... Is this true?

Yes Prepare

4. Will they train you in the USA or send you to Korea?

They will train u in USA In rank scale. And once you get Good enough, you train in Korea

5. IF they send trainees to Korea, do they provide EVERYTHING? (basic needs, transportation, place to live, etc.)

Probably

6. What's the age range they want? (I'm turning 18 soon T___T)

Younger and more talented the better.

7. How long does the audition take?

few minutes and depends how good you are

8. Do I fill the applications on the day of the audition at LA?

mhm

9. Do they have the rhythm test? (What are some common songs they play)

yeaa

10. Should I prepare a CD in case they don't do the rhythm test in LA?

they will

11. If the judges tell me to stop while I'm singing, is it okay for me to tell them I wanna finish singing? Or will they get mad? (I just wanna show them confident characteristics. I don't mean it in an offensive or rude way.)

Well, You can try asking lol.

12. Have any of you gone to the LA weekly audition? If so, how was it?!

I did it once and my friend is a trainee in LA

13. Any tips, advices, recommendations, etc. for me?

Practice Prepare few songs, dances, and confidence

Hope i helped!

Guest theJAPANties

They will train u in USA In rank scale. And once you get Good enough, you train in Korea

in keikeikhang's other posts he said you become a trainee after 3rd round audition in korea... so why would they train you in the usa? S:

Guest xblade321

Is he talking about Global?

Because I think that applies to Global.

I am not 100% sure.

But I think They Train you for a while in USA

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I am not 100% sure.

Really? Cuz that would be more common sense to train you in LA then when you are ready they will send you to Korea.

Guest keikeikhang

I am not 100% sure.

O.o.. wth.. uhh no. They don't train you in America. Why would they waste their time to get you "ready". It's if you are ready or not. If you aren't "ready", then they won't even accept you. If they really liked you, they wouldn't train you in America to wait for you to get better. They will train you in Korea where they have full contact of everything and can give you the best training so that you turn out how they want you to turn out. Currently there are NO SM trainees training in LA right now.

PS. Of course I'm not talking about global, its the weekly auditions thread afterall.

Guest jenniferxkim

HEY:) also im just wondering, is it true that sm basically goes for looks more than talent? im gonna go to the sm weekly usa auditions this saturday, if tis still going on. it is right? lol. and lastly how were the judges...harsh? anyways thx in advance:)

1. Is it still going on?

Yes

2. How many people show up every week?

Not much

3. I heard the auditions are individual since there aren't that many people auditioning... Is this true?

Yes Prepare

5. IF they send trainees to Korea, do they provide EVERYTHING? (basic needs, transportation, place to live, etc.)

Probably

6. What's the age range they want? (I'm turning 18 soon T___T)

Younger and more talented the better.

7. How long does the audition take?

few minutes and depends how good you are

8. Do I fill the applications on the day of the audition at LA?

mhm

9. Do they have the rhythm test? (What are some common songs they play)

yeaa

10. Should I prepare a CD in case they don't do the rhythm test in LA?

they will

11. If the judges tell me to stop while I'm singing, is it okay for me to tell them I wanna finish singing? Or will they get mad? (I just wanna show them confident characteristics. I don't mean it in an offensive or rude way.)

Well, You can try asking lol.

12. Have any of you gone to the LA weekly audition? If so, how was it?!

I did it once and my friend is a trainee in LA

13. Any tips, advices, recommendations, etc. for me?

Practice Prepare few songs, dances, and confidence

Hope i helped!

hey:) i was just wondering, how was the audition in la? fun? and also i heard sm especially goes for ur looks more than talent. is that true? and also lastly how were the judges, were they harsh? thx in advance

Okay.. so I went to SM auditions this Saturday and it was kinda different from what the people above told us. So I went in there, and I sang a song, and she told me to sing another, and then another, and then another, and then another. Which was a total of 5 songs (i think). And then she asked me to dance. Then she asked me to model, and then she took pictures of my front, sides, and face, then she told me to lift my bangs or whatever. Took about like 15+ minutes. And she DID have a camera.

HEY:) also im just wondering, is it true that sm basically goes for looks more than talent? im gonna go to the sm weekly usa auditions this saturday. and lastly how were the judges...harsh? anyways thx in advance:)

O.o.. wth.. uhh no. They don't train you in America. Why would they waste their time to get you "ready". It's if you are ready or not. If you aren't "ready", then they won't even accept you. If they really liked you, they wouldn't train you in America to wait for you to get better. They will train you in Korea where they have full contact of everything and can give you the best training so that you turn out how they want you to turn out. Currently there are NO SM trainees training in LA right now.

PS. Of course I'm not talking about global, its the weekly auditions thread afterall.

Basically you must pass all 3 rounds of audition before you become a trainee. Training begins in Korea right away. They provide you with housing and airfare. But I don't think you get paid living expenses (entertainment fun, local bus/taxi transportation, food, etc.) while you're training. They already invest a lot of money in trainees just to prepare them.

There's no specific answer as to whether or not SM only goes for looks because there's other entertainment companies that can be generalized the same way. Some people say SM is 70% looks and 30% talent. But if you have the talent and they really like you then i'm sure they'll invest money on your looks. Don't be offended.

Auditions are pretty similar in Korea and America.

Guest tvxqsaranghae

Basically you must pass all 3 rounds of audition before you become a trainee. Training begins in Korea right away. They provide you with housing and airfare. But I don't think you get paid living expenses (entertainment fun, local bus/taxi transportation, food, etc.) while you're training. They already invest a lot of money in trainees just to prepare them.

There's no specific answer as to whether or not SM only goes for looks because there's other entertainment companies that can be generalized the same way. Some people say SM is 70% looks and 30% talent. But if you have the talent and they really like you then i'm sure they'll invest money on your looks. Don't be offended.

Auditions are pretty similar in Korea and America.

but keikeikhang said they dont pay for ur plane tickets though, and he said he has experience with this

Archived