SM WEEKLY AUDITIONS IN LA

Guest followyourdreams

Guest retrackrap01

it was locked for me too but when i went there was a paper taped to the door saying to call a certain number if it was locked.

ohh. that paper that said something about filming? i guess i didn't read it all the way through. i'm lame. thanks for clearing that up.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sam-chan

I think I'm going to send my audition via post, since I don't live in LA, and for some reason email doesn't seem professional to me idk

So it seems that auditions are still going on then? That's good I thought when they were done promoting BoA they'd stop auditions too.

I'm South Asian and I don't really think I have much a chance because of that. I'm sure they'd look for someone who actually looks like they're Korean. I look really Caucasian (weird mysterious eastern European blood mixed in?)

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I think I'm going to send my audition via post, since I don't live in LA, and for some reason email doesn't seem professional to me idk

So it seems that auditions are still going on then? That's good I thought when they were done promoting BoA they'd stop auditions too.

I'm South Asian and I don't really think I have much a chance because of that. I'm sure they'd look for someone who actually looks like they're Korean. I look really Caucasian (weird mysterious eastern European blood mixed in?)

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing too...I've heard the news that Boa is concentrating on going back into the Korea Music Scene for good because her debut in America didn't do so well and her Japan cd sales and her star status their has been on the decline. Hopefully SM Entertainment still keeps their US Wekkly Audition office Open for a couple more years instead of just closing it down without even a notice :/

Guest iknowdatuknow

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to those who contributed to this, because I've been thinking about participating in the sm weekly auditions, but I never found any information about the weekly auditions until now. So, once again, thank you. (:

I also have a few questions of my own, if that's alright. You see, I'm mainly a dancer that raps a bit, and I guess I sing, but I need to work on it before going in. How do judges respond to rapping? Amber from f(x) got in from one of the global auditions, but I wanted to know if it would be alright if I did it at the weekly auditions. How many songs should I prepare (singing and/or rapping wise)? Also, should it be full songs, or just parts? I figured I'm just going to audition for vocals, since there's already a rhythm test from what I've heard, but even if your singing audition was a disaster, do you still get to do a rhythm test?

Thanks in advance! :]

honestly rapping sounds bad without mr especially if you dont have the voice. Girl artist tend to have a husky voice. if you have a girly voice it might sound weird. my opinion.

Guest chrisjee0623

ohsnap!

oops this is the wrong topic forum.. LOLOL

my bad nvm not this i meant the georgia one in ATL haha oops

Guest Munchkins

ohsnap!

oops this is the wrong topic forum.. LOLOL

my bad nvm not this i meant the georgia one in ATL haha oops

Oh. Haha. I was like "NO way!" (:

Guest xiaoying701

okay so I applied by Email for US audition

Can someone translate this for me (Why did they write in Korean)...Does this mean I'm like rejected or are they saying they never read my email application= rejection. Either way its so disapointing.

2010년 3월 30일 화요일 오후 7:52:20 (GMT+09:00) 서울에 메시지를 읽지 않고 삭제했습니다.

Has anyone ever gotten this email?

Guest sinaelee

Can someone translate this for me (Why did they write in Korean)...Does this mean I'm like rejected or are they saying they never read my email application= rejection. Either way its so disapointing.

It says something like.... "Your message was not read in Seoul and was deleted."

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

It looks like they didn't even look at your email audition...It says that your audition either didn't go through or it got automatically deleted.

This just gives me a sneaking suspicion that SM Entertainment is going to really shut down their US Weekly Auditions.

Guest TSM.Hidden

1. Is it still going on? Indefinately

2. How many people show up every week? about.... 10-20 not alot

3. I heard the auditions are individual since there aren't that many people auditioning... Is this true? yeap

4. Will they train you in the USA or send you to Korea? Korea everything is in korea

5. IF they send trainees to Korea, do they provide EVERYTHING? (basic needs, transportation, place to live, etc.)yea

6. What's the age range they want? as young as possible to around 17

7. How long does the audition take? dude it doesn't matter HOW long it takes. Mine took around 10 minutes sang three songs and danced but i didn't get in cause of 2 reasons, 1. i forgot the lyrics to one part of one song and i cracked, and 2. cause i was a bit CHUNKAY

8. Do I fill the applications on the day of the audition at LA? oui mon cherie

9. Do they have the rhythm test? (What are some common songs they play) yea they do, any american song

10. Should I prepare a CD in case they don't do the rhythm test in LA? yea they'll ask you if there's any song you want to dance to

11. If the judges tell me to stop while I'm singing, is it okay for me to tell them I wanna finish singing? Or will they get mad? (I just wanna show them confident characteristics. I don't mean it in an offensive or rude way.)

Just stop trust me just stop

12. Have any of you gone to the LA weekly audition? If so, how was it?!

Well they said i had a really good voice

but i was too.... fat?

13. Any tips, advices, recommendations, etc. for me? be good looking

Guest saranghaeyo.

Do you guys think there will be alot of people trying out in the summer!? :(

How many judges are there?

Is it kind of like American Idol auditions? (lol ;) )

If we sent in an email audition, how long was it going to take?

2wks-1month right?

thanks! :)

Guest springwaterpurelife

so are these auditions still going on? i dont want to fly all the way to LA and then no auditions ]:

Guest Munchkins

so are these auditions still going on? i dont want to fly all the way to LA and then no auditions ]:

I'm going to go audition pretty soon. When I do, I'll ask the lady / judge if they're still going to do it. Assuming that the auditions will be there when I go. :D I live like 20 minutes away from LA so it's not really a huge loss for me if I go there and it's closed. But if you want to audition before me, I suggest you fly to Korea since I'm 100% sure they have auditions there. (:

Guest springwaterpurelife

I'm going to go audition pretty soon. When I do, I'll ask the lady / judge if they're still going to do it. Assuming that the auditions will be there when I go. :D I live like 20 minutes away from LA so it's not really a huge loss for me if I go there and it's closed. But if you want to audition before me, I suggest you fly to Korea since I'm 100% sure they have auditions there. (:

oic..thanks a lot! i plan to go some time in the summer ^^

Guest hamoosta

1) Okayyyy, so the first audition is just the first audition, which is whatever youre doing (dance, sing, model).

& if you pass it, what’s going to be the second audition?? Do you do the same thing as the first audition or do you have to do something different??

2) and also if you’re auditioning for dance, do you do a rhythm test? If u do, is the rhythm test before or after your auditioning dance?

please answer me ^^

3) ANNNDD PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THE WEEKLY AUDITIONS ARE STILL AVAILABLE. gotta know asap.

if they dont, im gonna get so depressed. lol

Guest cee-es-jay

1) Okayyyy, so the first audition is just the first audition, which is whatever youre doing (dance, sing, model).

& if you pass it, what’s going to be the second audition?? Do you do the same thing as the first audition or do you have to do something different??

2) and also if you’re auditioning for dance, do you do a rhythm test? If u do, is the rhythm test before or after your auditioning dance?

please answer me ^^

3) ANNNDD PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THE WEEKLY AUDITIONS ARE STILL AVAILABLE. gotta know asap.

if they dont, im gonna get so depressed. lol

1. the second audition will probably be more personal, i'm guessing. like if the first audition in LA is just filming, the 2nd will probably be auditioning again to people that work in SM, last will probably be with the CEO or head audition person.

2. for the weekly LA audition, you have to sing AND dance. the girl said that everyone does the rhythm test. i could be wrong, but i think the rhythm test is after.

3. i went in march and it was available. but now? don't know for sure. :)

Guest hamoosta

1. the second audition will probably be more personal, i'm guessing. like if the first audition in LA is just filming, the 2nd will probably be auditioning again to people that work in SM, last will probably be with the CEO or head audition person.

2. for the weekly LA audition, you have to sing AND dance. the girl said that everyone does the rhythm test. i could be wrong, but i think the rhythm test is after.

3. i went in march and it was available. but now? don't know for sure.

Thanks for the info. 8)

hopefully theyre still doing them!

oh yeah btw do you think the chance of making it in weeklys is just about the same as globals? or is the chance less?

thank u ^^

Guest cee-es-jay

Thanks for the info. 8)

hopefully theyre still doing them!

oh yeah btw do you think the chance of making it in weeklys is just about the same as globals? or is the chance less?

thank u ^^

i'm sure the chances are about even, i mean why would SM even invest money into doing a weekly audition if the chances weren't good, right? the processes are just a lot different. the global auditions are in front of judges and casting people while the weekly auditions are in front of a girl who was still in college just filming an audition for you, she wasn't a judge or anything. the weekly auditions are more personal and you have more time and get more attention but the global ones are more direct and face-to-face with the actual people. i guess there are pros and cons to both. no problem, hehe.

Archived