SM WEEKLY AUDITIONS IN LA

Guest followyourdreams

Guest iknowdatuknow

i went to the buliding but suite 300 was empty? the building was very confusing. Is it still there?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest keikeikhang

i went to the buliding but suite 300 was empty? the building was very confusing. Is it still there?

It's still on the website so they should still be having auditions. Did you go on Saturday during 3pm to 6pm?

Guest iknowdatuknow

It's still on the website so they should still be having auditions. Did you go on Saturday during 3pm to 6pm?

yup. suite 300 in not there. Its empty.

Guest keikeikhang

yup. suite 300 in not there. Its empty.

strange.. when you say empty, do you mean no one in there, or is there like no furniture or anything?

Guest iknowdatuknow

strange.. when you say empty, do you mean no one in there, or is there like no furniture or anything?

like there is a list of all the offices and the number for sm was empty.

Guest theJAPANties

^SM rents the office space though right? Maybe that's why the name/number thing was empty? Did you physically check if the room was empty? If they packed up and left my summer is ruined >_>;

Guest ilikeyammyfoods

^ yeah, if they're gone, i have no chance of pursueing my dream! XD

there should be a little sign next to the door with their logo on it...

i've seen a video on youtube of it.

Guest Mr. Jacket

I went and auditioned with my friends during KMF on Saturday, it's still there. It's on the 3rd floor if I recall correctly.

It was a pretty chill process. I was still nervous and messed up quite a bit though haha;; The process is pretty much fill out your form, go in, small intro, do your thing, and the rhythm test. Profile shots afterward if the girl filming thinks you're really something special. I was asked to sing twice, my other friends said they sung once. There were two other guys that went before us, one of them either sung twice or three times while the other guy sung like four or five. The guy who sung 4~5 times got cut real fast for the dance portion though lol

Guest iknowdatuknow

I went and auditioned with my friends during KMF on Saturday, it's still there. It's on the 3rd floor if I recall correctly.

It was a pretty chill process. I was still nervous and messed up quite a bit though haha;; The process is pretty much fill out your form, go in, small intro, do your thing, and the rhythm test. Profile shots afterward if the girl filming thinks you're really something special. I was asked to sing twice, my other friends said they sung once. There were two other guys that went before us, one of them either sung twice or three times while the other guy sung like four or five. The guy who sung 4~5 times got cut real fast for the dance portion though lol

how do you get to the 3rd floor? i eneded up at the roof

Guest Mr. Jacket

The roof? o_o

I took the elevator lol If I recall correctly, after you get out of the elevator, you take a left and it should be the first door on the left. The plaque says SM Entertainment too.

Guest iknowdatuknow

The roof? o_o

I took the elevator lol If I recall correctly, after you get out of the elevator, you take a left and it should be the first door on the left. The plaque says SM Entertainment too.

oh man seriously, lol

Guest something-like

oh man seriously, lol

아이구.......

haha wish there was an SM ent. office in Toronto -_-

Guest jaxije22

Dude, I went that day too! Maybe we met???? Were you there before the doors opened?

Okay, so I auditioned during KMF and it was totally easy. Everyone has a case of nerves, but there's really no need to stress. If you must stress out do so before and not during the audition. Just take a deep breath and do your thang!

So what happened with me???? Well, I got there early and waited for the girl to arrive. Then, i filled out a form in this like really chill lobby area. Nobody wanted to go first, so I ended up going first lol. Great. I only sang one song, yikes! but the girl said that the song was long, so that's why we just went to the rhythm test. Which I think somehow I screwed up. I was fine for singing, but got nervous during the rhythm test. But all I had to do was CLAP???? but so sad that I didn't get profile shots. oh well. maybe next time.

Even if they never call, if you truly want to be a performer it's good practice. So I'll probably go back in a couple months! Overall, I had fun and met some cool people there.

Guest Shinmeiryuu

Dude, I went that day too! Maybe we met???? Were you there before the doors opened?

Okay, so I auditioned during KMF and it was totally easy. Everyone has a case of nerves, but there's really no need to stress. If you must stress out do so before and not during the audition. Just take a deep breath and do your thang!

So what happened with me???? Well, I got there early and waited for the girl to arrive. Then, i filled out a form in this like really chill lobby area. Nobody wanted to go first, so I ended up going first lol. Great. I only sang one song, yikes! but the girl said that the song was long, so that's why we just went to the rhythm test. Which I think somehow I screwed up. I was fine for singing, but got nervous during the rhythm test. But all I had to do was CLAP???? but so sad that I didn't get profile shots. oh well. maybe next time.

Even if they never call, if you truly want to be a performer it's good practice. So I'll probably go back in a couple months! Overall, I had fun and met some cool people there.

Wow, I think my friends and I (I auditioned with Jacket lol) went after you, so I think we remember seeing you come out of the audition room.

For my audition, I totally didn't prepare as much as I would have liked to. So I was struggling to remember my lyrics and sort of mumbled parts of it when I didn't remember, but the lady didn't seem to notice? lol or, at least she didn't point anything out or make any comments about my voice. If you make mistakes, just don't make it obvious and maybe they won't notice. I only sung one song because my mind went totally blank from forgetting lyrics, and when she asked if I prepared any other songs, I was just like not really... (but later on, when I thought about it, there's tons of songs I normally sing in karaoke or whatever that I could have done on the fly. D'oh!) The dance part was fine for me I guess, I don't know if I went for a long time or if I was any good, but she only stopped the music when I stopped dancing.

So what I got out if the audition is remember to prepare ahead of time! It sounds stupid and obvious, but nerves can get the best of anyone. Remember if you put something down as your specialty, please showcase it. She might not ask about it. (I put down Japanese language and beatboxing, but totally forgot about showing it off. D'oh.) Also, the lady is nice, so idk whoever said she was mean. Maybe they changed employees? Whatever the case, you shouldn't worry about the girl; just a normal, pretty college student. I usually would not have been nervous since I've auditioned for and been in theatre productions in the past, but because I was so ill-prepared, I blanked. It's best to be prepared than to rely on improvisation after all. I highly doubt I'll get in since I was not asked for profile shots, but I just auditioned last weekend. I still have a couple more weeks until I get my rejection letter, lmao.

Guest originalmilk

I'm planning on going on May 22nd. I'm nervous! I still haven't decided what songs to sing... I was thinking Kim Ah Joong - Star, Kelly Clarkson - A moment like this, CSJH - My Everything, Jennifer Chung - Very last time, or Tiffany - By myself. :o I'm going to practice them all and hopefully narrow it down this weekend and finish PRACTICING PRACTICING PRACTICING. I'll post info after I go there! I really hope I get in!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest a.wong-

hi, sorry, i'm just wondering, did you get a letter or anything from that at all?

i auditioned a while ago and i haven't recieved anything from them! not even a rejection letter :(

is it because my email is "hotmail" and not a korean type?

Wow, I think my friends and I (I auditioned with Jacket lol) went after you, so I think we remember seeing you come out of the audition room.

For my audition, I totally didn't prepare as much as I would have liked to. So I was struggling to remember my lyrics and sort of mumbled parts of it when I didn't remember, but the lady didn't seem to notice? lol or, at least she didn't point anything out or make any comments about my voice. If you make mistakes, just don't make it obvious and maybe they won't notice. I only sung one song because my mind went totally blank from forgetting lyrics, and when she asked if I prepared any other songs, I was just like not really... (but later on, when I thought about it, there's tons of songs I normally sing in karaoke or whatever that I could have done on the fly. D'oh!) The dance part was fine for me I guess, I don't know if I went for a long time or if I was any good, but she only stopped the music when I stopped dancing.

So what I got out if the audition is remember to prepare ahead of time! It sounds stupid and obvious, but nerves can get the best of anyone. Remember if you put something down as your specialty, please showcase it. She might not ask about it. (I put down Japanese language and beatboxing, but totally forgot about showing it off. D'oh.) Also, the lady is nice, so idk whoever said she was mean. Maybe they changed employees? Whatever the case, you shouldn't worry about the girl; just a normal, pretty college student. I usually would not have been nervous since I've auditioned for and been in theatre productions in the past, but because I was so ill-prepared, I blanked. It's best to be prepared than to rely on improvisation after all. I highly doubt I'll get in since I was not asked for profile shots, but I just auditioned last weekend. I still have a couple more weeks until I get my rejection letter, lmao.

did you get a notification from them?

i auditioned like way long ago and i still haven't gotten anything, not even rejection... :(

is my email faulty (hotmail)?

or am i just done for?

when i went, it was just me because the other people either came before me or after me so it was really chill. she let me finish whatever i wanted to finish and even asked if i had anything else i wanted to do. she said that they would contact within a month and that anyone could come back again for another audition. no problem!

Guest a.wong-

so, did you get a callback or a rejection letter? how long later?

what up people. just got back from my audition. went there at 530. filled out paper work. there was no one else in there so after i was done i just went in the room. yes they record you. i got in front of the camera, introduced myself. then i got to sing 3 songs, messed up on my last one bleh...i repeated one line like 3 times but its ok...just keep going and dont act like you messed up. then i got to dance for a minute or so. got asked some questions. took some still shots and "mug" shots. took some posed shots. then went home. the girl was really nice. she says that a lot of people who come audition are more like fans, so my only advice is really practice. make sure you're confident and just go out and kill it. let them know and see that you are indeed serious about yo shiz.

thank you for the information.

I auditioned a month and around 2 weeks ago.. but i still haven't gotten a reply.

they didn't even send me a rejection letter.

does this mean that i'm done for?

please help?

No problem! I actually wish I had someone to tell me about the auditions like this. So I'm glad that my info helps.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

so, did you get a callback or a rejection letter? how long later?

thank you for the information.

I auditioned a month and around 2 weeks ago.. but i still haven't gotten a reply.

they didn't even send me a rejection letter.

does this mean that i'm done for?

please help?

they don't send a rejection letter if they don't pick you...If they did that then they will have to send rejection letters to so many people :rolleyes:

Guest originalmilk

they don't send a rejection letter if they don't pick you...If they did that then they will have to send rejection letters to so many people :rolleyes:

That's not true. I was there on Saturday. The lady told me I would get an email response in 1-2 MONTHS. She told me she really wanted me to come back next saturday but I dont live in LA so I can't.

Guest angerine

That's not true. I was there on Saturday. The lady told me I would get an email response in 1-2 MONTHS. She told me she really wanted me to come back next saturday but I dont live in LA so I can't.

Was that your first audition? I went today, and she told me that first auditions are informative. She said that no one ever gets in during the first audition. Did anyone else hear that speech, my friend went with me too, and she told her the same thing. I'm guessing she was not very interested in me...?

Archived