SM WEEKLY AUDITIONS IN LA

Guest followyourdreams

Guest keikeikhang

do they pay for ur ticket to korea for the "final audition"? and do u just stay in korea and start training right away after that "final audition"? or do u get notified of being accepted like a month after and then get the contract and start training?

and 5 songs is really a lot!! i got cut about 45 seconds after i started singing :'( and that was all that i was able to do...

No, you are not a trainee yet so they wouldn't pay for your plane ticket. You are still just an auditionee to them. Once you pass the final auditions they give you the contract and if you are underage, you must get your parents to sign it, then you can go back to Korea and start training.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest squattingduck23

No, you are not a trainee yet so they wouldn't pay for your plane ticket. You are still just an auditionee to them. Once you pass the final auditions they give you the contract and if you are underage, you must get your parents to sign it, then you can go back to Korea and start training.

oh wow, how did you find out so much about auditions and the rounds?

Guest keikeikhang

oh wow, how did you find out so much about auditions and the rounds?

haha. How else do people know about this stuff? ex_e_i_ _c_ ;)

Guest sinaelee

What if our parents won't let us go to Korea for our final auditions because of money and all that?

Because if we're underage, we need an adult to come with us and that would cost a lot.

and my parents just simply wouldn't let me go to Korea for auditions even if we had the money and i passed all the other audition rounds. They don't support me so i'm basically with no help going to California auditions, much less flying across the globe to Korea.

So do yall think there's a possibility that you could talk it over with sm people and have them come over to where we live for our final audition (which is very unlikely to happen, i know. Just wondering... haha)

or possibly have your final audition mailed to them?

And if they like your final audition, after mailing it, do you think they would maybe send one person over from sm to go over the contract with you? They do that right? talk over the contract with you and your parents?

hahh, sorry i have a lot of questions.

Guest keikeikhang

What if our parents won't let us go to Korea for our final auditions because of money and all that?

Because if we're underage, we need an adult to come with us and that would cost a lot.

and my parents just simply wouldn't let me go to Korea for auditions even if we had the money and i passed all the other audition rounds. They don't support me so i'm basically with no help going to California auditions, much less flying across the globe to Korea.

So do yall think there's a possibility that you could talk it over with sm people and have them come over to where we live for our final audition (which is very unlikely to happen, i know. Just wondering... haha)

or possibly have your final audition mailed to them?

And if they like your final audition, after mailing it, do you think they would maybe send one person over from sm to go over the contract with you? They do that right? talk over the contract with you and your parents?

hahh, sorry i have a lot of questions.

No absolutely not whatsoever. ABSOLUTELY not. They won't waste their precious time to fly over to America for your final audition. And you CANNOT mail your final audition to them. It has to be in real life so they can experience it for themselves.You're still just an auditioner to them, you still don't mean anything to them yet. I know it's harsh, but thats showbiz.

Guest tvxqsaranghae

No absolutely not whatsoever. ABSOLUTELY not. They won't waste their precious time to fly over to America for your final audition. And you CANNOT mail your final audition to them. It has to be in real life so they can experience it for themselves.You're still just an auditioner to them, you still don't mean anything to them yet. I know it's harsh, but thats showbiz.

so they tell u to go to korea for a final audition and its expected that the auditioner pays the plane ticket, hotel cost, and everthng else u need during ur stay in korea just for the audition??

and when do they contact u after that final audition?? do they give u the contract on the spot? or do u hv to wait a month again? (so possibly going back to ur home country and then flying back to korea to get the contract, all expenses to be paid by auditioner?) do they only start sponsoring u after u actually start training? and they only sponsor ur training costs and a room to live in?

also, what happens at the final audition??? what do u do? what do they do? who watches u there??? is it gonna be like a panel of the SM executives sitting there watching u perform live???

Guest ohdangchang

so they tell u to go to korea for a final audition and its expected that the auditioner pays the plane ticket, hotel cost, and everthng else u need during ur stay in korea just for the audition??

and when do they contact u after that final audition?? do they give u the contract on the spot? or do u hv to wait a month again? (so possibly going back to ur home country and then flying back to korea to get the contract, all expenses to be paid by auditioner?) do they only start sponsoring u after u actually start training? and they only sponsor ur training costs and a room to live in?

also, what happens at the final audition??? what do u do? what do they do? who watches u there??? is it gonna be like a panel of the SM executives sitting there watching u perform live???

if you got a callback to go to korea for the 2nd audition they will pay for you plane ticket most likely if you cant. since they will be potentially investing in you and that you might potentially be a trainee, why else would they have a callback for you if they arent interested in you?. and that is with most companies imo. and you shouldnt worry about any of this, since most people dont even past the 1st round so you should really focus on passing it, after that they will work things out with you.

and if you do get in after 2nd round there is 3rd round which is the final round i believe, in front of the ceo or high staff folks and the best judges that will be accessing you, and if they want you to be a trainee they will contact you. and they pay for your dorm, school costs and training. but if you happen to debut you dont get much salary since they take most of your profits to pay for all the stuff that costs for you to be a trainee and to pay all the staff workers and for your dorm transportation etc. and artists these days hardly make money from album sales, or going on music shows. they make money mainly from CF's and Concerts.

Guest keikeikhang

if you got a callback to go to korea for the 2nd audition they will pay for you plane ticket most likely if you cant. since they will be potentially investing in you and that you might potentially be a trainee, why else would they have a callback for you if they arent interested in you?. and that is with most companies imo. and you shouldnt worry about any of this, since most people dont even past the 1st round so you should really focus on passing it, after that they will work things out with you.

and if you do get in after 2nd round there is 3rd round which is the final round i believe, in front of the ceo or high staff folks and the best judges that will be accessing you, and if they want you to be a trainee they will contact you. and they pay for your dorm, school costs and training. but if you happen to debut you dont get much salary since they take most of your profits to pay for all the stuff that costs for you to be a trainee and to pay all the staff workers and for your dorm transportation etc. and artists these days hardly make money from album sales, or going on music shows. they make money mainly from CF's and Concerts.

No your wrong. Trust me. I would know. They WOULD NOT pay for your ticket, even if you're talented and the poorest person ever. They may be interested but once you say "I can't go" they will most likely not care. It's up to you to pay the ticket. They don't pay for anything UNTIL you are a trainee and have signed with them.

^

Yeah.

Basically, not their trainee? Not their problem. You're still a PROSPECT for them, not actually part of their company yet. Your audition is still that, just an audition. They can still not want you, and for them to pay for your plane ticket when there's a chance that they decide that you're not what they're looking for, then to them they basically wasted their money on something unneeded. And we all know how businesses are when it comes to money. In the end, it's almost always, if not always, you want them, not they want you.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

No your wrong. Trust me. I would know. They WOULD NOT pay for your ticket, even if you're talented and the poorest person ever. They may be interested but once they you say "I can't go" they will most likely not care. It's up to you to pay the ticket. They don't pay for anything UNTIL you are a trainee and have signed with them.

No offence that is really john teshed up :huh: For me I live on my own... I pay the rent,food, bills and even though I have a roommate, it's still not enough to save up some money for a plane ticket to Korea...Not to play a sad, mournful violin or crying a river here, but my life has been one train-wreck and just recently I got my life back together again.

For people like me or people who has similar background as me it's going to be hard for us to even save up some money for a plane ticket to Korea without missing the rent, or getting another late fee on your mortgage, insurance, bills etc...

I gues SM Entertainment doesn't care nor feel the stigma on the recession that is hitting America really hard right now :/

Guest ohdangchang

No your wrong. Trust me. I would know. They WOULD NOT pay for your ticket, even if you're talented and the poorest person ever. They may be interested but once they you say "I can't go" they will most likely not care. It's up to you to pay the ticket. They don't pay for anything UNTIL you are a trainee and have signed with them.

business is business but they are in it for the money. if they see someone that fit in their profile and have tons of potential and can sing and dance, has the looks and everything they aren't just going to say too bad and not arrange another audition with you. They can make big bucks profit from you in the future and a plane ticket is nothing to them. not saying this is the case for everyone. and its basically what they do for scouting, they arrange an audition to assess you further and stuff and because you either have talent, looks or both or else they wouldnt have scouted/arranged an audition w/ you in the first place . and if they didnt find interest in you in the first place and saw potential to them they wouldn't have called you back. but then again you and i are just assuming thats what they do and we cant say this for every company, we can both be right or wrong. their is no point in arguing, passing the first round is whats most important to people.

Guest keikeikhang

business is business but they are in it for the money. if they see someone that fit in their profile and have tons of potential and can sing and dance, has the looks and everything they aren't just going to say too bad and not arrange another audition with you. They can make big bucks profit from you in the future and a plane ticket is nothing to them. not saying this is the case for everyone. and its basically what they do for scouting, they arrange an audition to assess you further and stuff and because you either have talent, looks or both or else they wouldnt have scouted/arranged an audition w/ you in the first place . and if they didnt find interest in you in the first place and saw potential to them they wouldn't have called you back. but then again you and i are just assuming thats what they do and we cant say this for every company, we can both be right or wrong. their is no point in arguing, passing the first round is whats most important to people.

I get what you're trying to say, but you are so wrong buddy. Seriously, I suggest you don't argue to me about SM. It doesn't matter if you're good or whatever or if you've made it to the final round. Even if you make it to the finl round, they WILL NOT pay for your ticket to Korea. They can assess you further or whatever but they ARE NOT going to spend money on an auditionee. They will only use money on you if you are a trainee. If you have no experience with this then don't tell people all these false "facts". I don't know about other companies or whatever, but this is the SM thread, and SM will NOT pay for your ticket to Korea.

Guest jenny620

I get what you're trying to say, but you are so wrong buddy. Seriously, I suggest you don't argue to me about SM. It doesn't matter if you're good or whatever or if you've made it to the final round. Even if you make it to the finl round, they WILL NOT pay for your ticket to Korea. They can assess you further or whatever but they ARE NOT going to spend money on an auditionee. They will only use money on you if you are a trainee. If you have no experience with this then don't tell people all these false "facts". I don't know about other companies or whatever, but this is the SM thread, and SM will NOT pay for your ticket to Korea.

yah your right I know someone who passed the auditions and the person have to get to korea on her/his own. you can still hope that they will pay your ticket but dont think this will happen because sm has already lots of trainee, so for them they wont really pay for your ticket, because well they wont be sad or something if they lost you even if your like I mean perfect. but also I think that if you passed the first round maybe they could arrange with you to meet somewhere else like in their LA weekly auditions or by coincidence some sm staff was near your city so you can audition in your city.

Guest theJAPANties

Wait, wait. What if you passed the global auditions instead? Do you still have to pay for your own ticket to Korea? D:

Guest keikeikhang

Wait, wait. What if you passed the global auditions instead? Do you still have to pay for your own ticket to Korea? D:

yes, you still have to pay. But let me clarify things. The Korea audition is THE THIRD ROUND. Not the second.

Guest springwaterpurelife

^ So what's the second round? The same place where you auditioned for your first round?

second round is in LA

Guest keikeikhang

second round is in LA

Not neccessarily. It depends on where your first audition is. If you auditioned in LA then it would be in LA. If you auditioned in New York, then it would be in New York. It really just depends where you auditioned.

Guest jenny620

Not neccessarily. It depends on where your first audition is. If you auditioned in LA then it would be in LA. If you auditioned in New York, then it would be in New York. It really just depends where you auditioned.

in new york? how come they have like a center there too?

Guest keikeikhang

in new york? how come they have like a center there too?

.... if they didn't have one then the wouldn't have auditioned there. Global auditions were in LA, Vancouver, Toronto, and New York. It just depends on wherever you are. They might not have centers there but they can rent out a suite or a room.

Archived