SM WEEKLY AUDITIONS IN LA

Guest followyourdreams

Guest hamoosta

i'm sure the chances are about even, i mean why would SM even invest money into doing a weekly audition if the chances weren't good, right? the processes are just a lot different. the global auditions are in front of judges and casting people while the weekly auditions are in front of a girl who was still in college just filming an audition for you, she wasn't a judge or anything. the weekly auditions are more personal and you have more time and get more attention but the global ones are more direct and face-to-face with the actual people. i guess there are pros and cons to both. no problem, hehe.

-

i seeee. does the girl let you finish your entire dance?? or does she cut you off in the middle of it?? cuz my song's up to 2 minutes long.

and if they like you, when are they gonna callback? i heard it was up to a day or up to 2 months..... does that depend if they really like you or not?

sorryy for the many questions ^^

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cee-es-jay

i seeee. does the girl let you finish your entire dance?? or does she cut you off in the middle of it?? cuz my song's up to 2 minutes long.

and if they like you, when are they gonna callback? i heard it was up to a day or up to 2 months..... does that depend if they really like you or not?

sorryy for the many questions ^^

when i went, it was just me because the other people either came before me or after me so it was really chill. she let me finish whatever i wanted to finish and even asked if i had anything else i wanted to do. she said that they would contact within a month and that anyone could come back again for another audition. no problem!

Guest hamoosta

oohhh. i guess that's really good then~~ :)

do you know anyone who got into sm from their weekly auditions?

cuz i never heard of anyone yet!! i just heard of the ones who got in from global.

LAST QUESTION, I SWEAR. (maybe) LOL

thank you sooo much once again~~~~~!

Guest squattingduck23

cuz i never heard of anyone yet!! i just heard of the ones who got in from global.

I've heard of two people getting in but unfortunately their parents wouldn't let them go.. T_T what a shame.

Guest cee-es-jay

LOL really, it's not a problem.

i don't know anyone yet, i only know one girl who goes to my school but she got into through connections. lucky her.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I've heard of two people getting in but unfortunately their parents wouldn't let them go.. T_T what a shame.

Alot of parents think that the entertainment companies will pay for the flight for the third round of auditions to South Korea...Especially the Asian parents will find it a bit shady that they want you yet they won't fork over the dough to pay for your plane tickets....

I had to explain this to my mom after reading one of the soompier's experience with the LA Weekly Auditions....My mom was like "What?!?!?! Well that's a bit suspicious for SM to make you pay for your own plane ticket if you are partially in.."Then I tried to explain to my mom that they will pay for everything for you after you sign the contract but all I got was look of confusion on her face and the original korean mother's stink eye that spells out "well why do you want to pursue this anyway if it's all a waste of money?!??!"...Gotta love Korean mothers <_<

Guest hamoosta

Hahaha. that is so so so luck of her --; *envy

well, anyway, i really hope theyre still doing the weekly auditions.

cuz i guess some people went and the building was closed??

erghh. i emailed sm at usaaudition@smtown.com yesterday to ask them if they were gonna be open in june. no reply :(

oh yeah what kind of people are they looking for?

a pretty face with talent?? 50/50 rite? hahah

im stressing rite now ._.

Guest Munchkins

Hahaha. that is so so so luck of her --; *envy

well, anyway, i really hope theyre still doing the weekly auditions.

cuz i guess some people went and the building was closed??

erghh. i emailed sm at usaaudition@smtown.com yesterday to ask them if they were gonna be open in june. no reply :(

oh yeah what kind of people are they looking for?

a pretty face with talent?? 50/50 rite? hahah

im stressing rite now ._.

Well, no one really knows what SM is looking for. But yeah, a pretty face with talent would be ideal.

No need to stress. :D As long as you're korean or chinese, at LEAST decent looking so that you would stand out in a crowd, and have enough talent that many people like your singing / dancing, you'll probably have a big chance. :D Oh, and you also need the star quality. I'm not really sure how to explain it. But the judges know. This is the reason why many great singers who try out don't make it into companies.

Guest hamoosta

Well, no one really knows what SM is looking for. But yeah, a pretty face with talent would be ideal.

No need to stress. :D As long as you're korean or chinese, at LEAST decent looking so that you would stand out in a crowd, and have enough talent that many people like your singing / dancing, you'll probably have a big chance. :D Oh, and you also need the star quality. I'm not really sure how to explain it. But the judges know. This is the reason why many great singers who try out don't make it into companies.

thank you for the info ^^ i think i feel a little better about being koreannnn, yesssss~~~~~ heheh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Munchkins

has anyone been recently? are the auditions still for sure going on?

I'm going to a singing competition this Saturday in LA.

While I'm there, I might check if the auditions are still going on.

Guest springwaterpurelife

are you going to super idol 超級偶像? good luck~

Guest SunKyuPanda

uumm..i plan on going to the weekly auditions during the summer...but not this summer because I don't have the money yet..-.-(oh and lol just wondering...how much would it cost to go to LA from houston,TX?)anddddd they said they accept chinese,korean and japanese.but i'm only halfchinese and half vietnamese....it still counts right?if i plan on going when i'm 18, do you still think the auditions will be open?(i turn 18 in like....3-4 years..)and if you pass the first round, how long will it take to get your callback for the second audition?1 month?idk if my aunt would let me stay at her house for like...a month or more XD

Guest lalala3311

did you have a chance to go???

does anyone else know if they are still going on as of now?

Guest ilikeyammyfoods

lol i just made an account mostly to go on this thread.

so there aren't a lot of people auditioning on saturdays?

Guest Munchkins

did you have a chance to go???

does anyone else know if they are still going on as of now?

Nope. Turns out the auditions ended before my competition did. So I'm not sure if they're still going on.

But I'm gonna go try to audition on May 1. IF I can memorize my songs by then.

Guest infinitelyseoul

Is there a slight chance that they might accept Hmong?

It's still considered Asian, right?

*I can rap & sing in Korean.

*I can read Korean Characters.

*I don't put on make up. I'm natural, I guess.

*Korean is easy to pronounce for me.

*I guess I'm tall & weigh enough.

*Uhhh.. I can do a Cart Wheel :)

*Fluent in English & Hmong. Taking basic Spanish in school.

*I've learned like over 20 K-pop dances since last November.

Darn it.. I was going to audition in May, but seriously?

only Japanese, Chinese & Koreans are accepted?

Boo...

Well, anywho... Good Luck to everyone who's Auditioning.

Guest loveutomorrow

Is there a slight chance that they might accept Hmong?

It's still considered Asian, right?

*I can rap & sing in Korean.

*I can read Korean Characters.

*I don't put on make up. I'm natural, I guess.

*Korean is easy to pronounce for me.

*I guess I'm tall & weigh enough.

*Uhhh.. I can do a Cart Wheel :)

*Fluent in English & Hmong. Taking basic Spanish in school.

*I've learned like over 20 K-pop dances since last November.

Darn it.. I was going to audition in May, but seriously?

only Japanese, Chinese & Koreans are accepted?

Boo...

Well, anywho... Good Luck to everyone who's Auditioning.

I'm pretty sure they'll accept you if you are really good, with no cares for your ethnicity...

Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese? I thought that they accepted all races D: As long as you have talent, that is.

From what I've read here and there, I've heard that if you're really good at singing, they'll like you...dancing isn't AS important, but it is extra...

I think extra points for more languages?

SM doesn't specify this, but looks are really important, all natural is good :)

Good luck to you! Hopefully you'll get accepted. You have to be confident~~ Maybe I'll audition this summer..

Oh, and I have a question, can you sing in more languages? And is there a limit? I heard it's five minutes? Do you sing one and start singing another?

This is so sad. I'm Korean and a bit Chinese, but I can't speak/read (barely) in Korean and I can speak fluently in Chinese but can't write/read. Is that a problem, since I'm going to sing a song in Chinese? D:

Guest something-like

I'm pretty sure they'll accept you if you are really good, with no cares for your ethnicity...

Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese? I thought that they accepted all races D: As long as you have talent, that is.

From what I've read here and there, I've heard that if you're really good at singing, they'll like you...dancing isn't AS important, but it is extra...

I think extra points for more languages?

SM doesn't specify this, but looks are really important, all natural is good :)

Good luck to you! Hopefully you'll get accepted. You have to be confident~~ Maybe I'll audition this summer..

Oh, and I have a question, can you sing in more languages? And is there a limit? I heard it's five minutes? Do you sing one and start singing another?

This is so sad. I'm Korean and a bit Chinese, but I can't speak/read (barely) in Korean and I can speak fluently in Chinese but can't write/read. Is that a problem, since I'm going to sing a song in Chinese? D:

I'll say what I know but um, first, concerning with korean-japanese-chinese acceptance thing...I'm 90% sure that's true.

Since you're korean and a bit chinese....I'm not sure but I read somewhere that they don't like 'halves' but since you're both of what they like, that may be a good thing. Learn some korean ...they care about that more than chinese.

And as for your chinese-song question thing, don't know lol sorry ><

Guest loveutomorrow

I'll say what I know but um, first, concerning with korean-japanese-chinese acceptance thing...I'm 90% sure that's true.

Since you're korean and a bit chinese....I'm not sure but I read somewhere that they don't like 'halves' but since you're both of what they like, that may be a good thing. Learn some korean ...they care about that more than chinese.

And as for your chinese-song question thing, don't know lol sorry ><

Yeah, I heard that ><

lol I read that too...most people can't tell though, everyone says that I look completely Korean :)

Thanks for the advice!

It's okay, I think I figured that out ~ :D

Archived