SM WEEKLY AUDITIONS IN LA

Guest followyourdreams

Guest something-like

i wish there were SM weekly auditions in toronto >_>

torontos like the LA of canada, well besides from vancouver too but more ppl reside in toronto hehe

Canada should get a chance too tho i mean, why US but not canaada???? jus speaking on behalf of most canadians if not all =,= (im sure u guys agree yes? :P)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sinaelee

At the audition when they record your audition, they send that recording to Korea and then the sm people in Korea review it..right? So if they like what they see, is that how you get a callback? or does the lady at the la weekly audition decide if you get a callback to final audition?

well when my brother went, he actually had to go back to the LA offices to audition a couple more times before they sent his audition to korea. not sure if they were iffy about him or just wanted more material.

Guest springwaterpurelife

does anyone actually get called back after auditioning in LA weekly?

'cause i don't want to waste all the money to travel there and have it not be legit

Guest Munchkins

does anyone actually get called back after auditioning in LA weekly?

'cause i don't want to waste all the money to travel there and have it not be legit

I'm pretty sure people get called back.

Why would they rent / buy a room for auditions if it was just for show?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest luhlily

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to those who contributed to this, because I've been thinking about participating in the sm weekly auditions, but I never found any information about the weekly auditions until now. So, once again, thank you. (:

I also have a few questions of my own, if that's alright. You see, I'm mainly a dancer that raps a bit, and I guess I sing, but I need to work on it before going in. How do judges respond to rapping? Amber from f(x) got in from one of the global auditions, but I wanted to know if it would be alright if I did it at the weekly auditions. How many songs should I prepare (singing and/or rapping wise)? Also, should it be full songs, or just parts? I figured I'm just going to audition for vocals, since there's already a rhythm test from what I've heard, but even if your singing audition was a disaster, do you still get to do a rhythm test?

Thanks in advance! :]

Guest Munchkins

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to those who contributed to this, because I've been thinking about participating in the sm weekly auditions, but I never found any information about the weekly auditions until now. So, once again, thank you. (:

I also have a few questions of my own, if that's alright. You see, I'm mainly a dancer that raps a bit, and I guess I sing, but I need to work on it before going in. How do judges respond to rapping? Amber from f(x) got in from one of the global auditions, but I wanted to know if it would be alright if I did it at the weekly auditions. How many songs should I prepare (singing and/or rapping wise)? Also, should it be full songs, or just parts? I figured I'm just going to audition for vocals, since there's already a rhythm test from what I've heard, but even if your singing audition was a disaster, do you still get to do a rhythm test?

Thanks in advance! :]

Well, for the songs, you should try to prepare 3 to 5 just incase. Try to memorize the full song but if you can't, memorize just a verse and the chorus. Also, for rapping, you should only rap if you're good at it. If not, just stick to singing. Everyone gets a chance to do the rythm test. But if your singing sucks you're probably going to get a really short audition.

Guest luhlily

Well, for the songs, you should try to prepare 3 to 5 just incase. Try to memorize the full song but if you can't, memorize just a verse and the chorus. Also, for rapping, you should only rap if you're good at it. If not, just stick to singing. Everyone gets a chance to do the rythm test. But if your singing sucks you're probably going to get a really short audition.

I'm more confident with my rapping than singing, but I could probably show more through singing, so I'll focus on that. For the rhythm test, do you know how long it usually is?

Guest squattingduck23

I'm more confident with my rapping than singing, but I could probably show more through singing, so I'll focus on that. For the rhythm test, do you know how long it usually is?

If you really are goood at rapping, chances are.. they'll ask you to sing. so just prepare both :)

Guest Munchkins

if i want to audition in august. do you think they will still be open?

As of now, yes, they will probably be open.

They'll be open until SM releases a statement that states that they will close it.

Guest loveme.

What if there's like nobody else auditioning with you, and you don't want to dance during the rhythm test...

I mean, I know you guys are going to be like, "Just do it because it looks better" or something, but what if like...it would be safer if you just didn't dance because you've never danced before.

I sound so stupid, hahaha.

But yeah, you can't exactly just stay still and look all awkward while they play the music for thirty seconds...

Also, does anyone know if you can pass to the next round if you don't dance the rhythm test?

thanx for the reply

i have one more question, if u could please answer it.

How do they do callbacks?

during global, everyone is called back during one period, so do they wait a large period of time before to build a good amount of people they want to callback? Has anyone gotten a callback through weekly or the third round in Korea?

Guest cee-es-jay

What if there's like nobody else auditioning with you, and you don't want to dance during the rhythm test...

I mean, I know you guys are going to be like, "Just do it because it looks better" or something, but what if like...it would be safer if you just didn't dance because you've never danced before.

But yeah, you can't exactly just stay still and look all awkward while they play the music for thirty seconds...

Also, does anyone know if you can pass to the next round if you don't dance the rhythm test?

you HAVE to do the rhythm test, she said that everyone does it. i'm sure that even if you think you're bad, doing it won't be that bad. heechul's rhythm dance sucked, lol. but yeah, everyone has to do it. hopefully the music won't be that long. good luck!

and by the way, when i went the "judge" is not a judge. she's there merely to film participants. she was around my age and had just graduated from a UC. so yeah, no pressure.

Guest squattingduck23

You WONT be audition with anyone else at the weekly's in LA. but I guess if you ask and if the judge is nice enough, they can do the rhythm test with you.

You also don't have to dance though like you said, you'll have a better chance (it shows much more confidence). You can always clap. They just wanna see that.... you... have rhythm. haha They told me to clap if i didn't want to dance. so just focus on your specialty and you'll be fine :)

Guest retrackrap01

hello everyone,

i've kind of been a lurker here ... mainly because i wasn't confident enough to go audition, but today i gathered my cajones and decided to go for it .. when i got to the building though, it was locked? i'm hoping someone can help me out. how exactly do i enter the building? LOL

Guest Munchkins

hello everyone,

i've kind of been a lurker here ... mainly because i wasn't confident enough to go audition, but today i gathered my cajones and decided to go for it .. when i got to the building though, it was locked? i'm hoping someone can help me out. how exactly do i enter the building? LOL

First of all, you went to the auditions on Saturday right? And you went somewhere between 3 and 6? If you did, there should be no way that the doors were closed. Unless they either stopped the weekly auditions or it was some kind of holiday or they were doing something to the building. Were you able to go into the building at all or were the doors to the building the ones that were closed?

Guest cee-es-jay

hello everyone,

it was locked for me too but when i went there was a paper taped to the door saying to call a certain number if it was locked.

Archived