❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

*** Viki has always been one of my main sources for watching K-dramas.   :kaching1:

37 Most-Rated K-Dramas Of All Time On Viki

viki-dramas.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Viki has been bringing K-drama lovers quality content for many years now. The love and appreciation that viewers have for an inclusive platform that is able to provide accessibility to various shows has been endless. With the long history of Viki and K-dramas, there are certain titles that prove to be consistently popular. These K-dramas have garnered over 100,000 ratings each, showing that these dramas have been the most popular among Viki users over the years. Here are those 37 dramas!

Ratings updated on April 3, 2023.

30. “My Love From the Star” (2013-2014)
120,883 ratings / ★9.5

my-love-from-the-star-1.jpeg

“My Love From the Star” is a drama that took all of Asia by storm. Kim Soo Hyun stars in this drama as Do Min Joon, an alien with a chip on his shoulder who falls in love with the vain and outrageous actress Cheon Song Yi (Jun Ji Hyun).

It is not surprising seeing this gem of a K-drama on this list as it was one of the major K-dramas responsible for sparking the Hallyu phenomenon across Asia. There was something about seeing a mega-famous star falling in love with an alien that tugged at the heartstrings of everyone. The romantic lines, outrageous humor, and heartfelt scenes were absolutely perfection and have continued to stand the test of time.

Watch “My Love From the Star” here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** I'm glad that the upcoming drama “Queen of Tears” has been scheduled to air on Saturdays and Sundays on tvN, starting from December. This is expected to captivate weekend drama viewers. A script reading has been held and filming is expected to begin soon. I hope we could get to see some photos/videos during their script-reading.   :heart:

0003144274_001_20230413164201209.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=108&aid=0003144274

10 K-Dramas About Long-Lost Connections Turning Into Present-Day Love

Healer-Its-Okay-to-Not-Be-Okay-Whats-Wro

There are those who love to hate but end up hating to love, and then there are childhood buddies who smoothly transition to lovers. But there’s also a third category of those who have had an encounter in childhood and moved on. A chance meeting in adulthood sends sparks flying, and they realize they have a past connection. The childhood backstory has been a favorite trope in K-dramas, the coincidence of having met before and how fate aligns couples together years later. Here are 10 such K-dramas when leads fell in love and realized it was meant to be after all.

“It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”

its-okay-to-not-be-okay.jpeg

She is a bestselling children’s book writer, and he is a caregiver at a psychiatric ward, and the two are bound by a traumatic past. Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji) is beautiful, haughty, and a highly temperamental young woman. She is emotionally detached and impulsive, not the typical personality one associates with a fairytale writer. Moon Young hates sugarcoating things, and her writing reflects a certain darkness. She finds herself attracted to Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun),a handsome and introverted caregiver at a hospital. Kang Tae’s main priority in life is the wellbeing of his older brother Sang Tae (Oh Jung Se), who is on the autism spectrum.

As Moon Young in her own overbearing way tries to get Kang Tae’s attention, she is constantly rejected. But it is not long before Kang Tae realizes that Moon Young is the odd little girl from his childhood, and he is finally able to see through her anti-social personality. As Moon Young builds a close bond with the brothers, the three discover that they share a tragic past related to their mothers, and the memories continue to haunt and traumatize them well into adulthood.

“It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” is an incredible show, which sensitively delves into issues pertaining to mental health. The storytelling is riveting, and as it oscillates between the parallel narratives of Moon Young as well as Kang and Sung Tae’s past, it gives you an insight into their distinct personality traits. The cast also perfectly plays out their characters.

Seo Ye Ji gives a raw and real performance in portraying the complexities of Go Moon Young while Kim Soo Hyun is perfect as the mild-mannered yet stoic Kang Tae. And Oh Jung Se as Sang Tae will walk away with a piece of your heart with his stellar performance.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** tvN has put this big-budget production drama "The Queen of Tears" on this year's schedule formally, squeezing it in at the end of the year, which is in December. This is bigger with the casting of KSH. I highly anticipate this drama this year. I'm really excited for this one. All the best for KSH and the cast!   :wut:

*** I would love to see KSH venture out into Hollywood in the future. He dominates the entertainment industry on a national level, so I'm sure he can make it in Hollywood. This feat is no longer impossible. He has provided even more breathtaking performances over the years. Kim SooHyun already has the talent needed to succeed out there.   :heart3:

Kim-SooHyun-Cosmopolitan.jpg

• Like 1

Top 10 highest paid Korean actors of all time

Right from Kim Soo Hyun to Ji Chang Wook, keep scrolling to know who are the richest Korean stars of all time with a list of highest paid Korean actors.

With the biggest K-dramas and Korean movies of all time, the Korean entertainment industry is an evergrowing entertainment industry. Right from extravagant sets, to the highest-paid Korean actors, the Hallyu wave has had one of the most lasting effects in the world of K-drama. The world of OTT platforms has suddenly led to a massive expansion of Korean entertainment and celebrity fandoms which has led to a phenomenal global Korean fandom.

This spectacle has definitely managed to create bigger names for several Korean actors who have been making a huge net worth off of the K-drama industry. This is precisely why this time we have curated a list of the top 10 Korean celebrities who are amongst the highest-paid Korean actors of all time. 

1. Kim Soo Hyun

Kim Soo Hyun; Picture Courtesy: Kim Soo Hyun’s Instagram

The number one on our list of highest-paid Korean actors is Kim Soo Hyun, the actor is mostly known for his dreamy roles in Korean dramas including, ‘The Producers,’ ‘My Love from the Star,’ ‘Dream High,’ and ‘Moon Embracing the Sun.’

The Korean artist also has a huge fan following for his roles in Korean movies including, The Thieves and Secretly among several others. The actor has a number of followers on social media and has managed to achieve several accolades including rank 4 on the Korea Power Celebrity list by Forbes in 2013, followed by rank 2 in 2015 and rank 5 in 2016. 

Kim Soo Hyun Net worth and estimated earnings

The well-established Korean star has a net worth of around 25 Million USD. He is indeed one of the highest-paid Korean actors of all time charging around 200 million KRW or 166,426 USD for each episode.

5 Lesser known facts about Kim Soo Hyun

While the actor has always been in the public eye, here are a few lesser-known facts about him.

1. He is a morning person.

2. Kim Soo Hyun loves visiting the Philippines.

3. Kim has an affinity for donkatsu which is a Korean interpretation of the beloved Japanese dish tonkatsu which is basically a form of fried pork cutlet.

4. Kim loves Dunkin' Donuts, especially the Strawberry Butternut flavour along with an iced coffee.  

5. Kim's father is a singer.

Kim Soo Hyun Achievement and Awards 

Kim Soo Hyun has been nominated for a number of esteemed awards. When it comes to the awards and achievements of the Korean actor he has won 4 Baeksang Arts Awards, 2 Grand Bell Awards, and a Blue Dragon Film Award among several others. He has also been listed in Forbes Korea Power Celebrity 40 list. 

Top Kim Soo Hyun’s Movies and K-dramas: 

Kim Soo Hyun’s filmography has a massive collection of blockbuster movies and K-dramas. Here is a list of top Kim Soo Hyun’s movies and K-dramas:

• ‘The Thieves’ (2012)
  • ‘Secretly Greatly’ (2013)
  • ‘Real’ (2017)
  • Crash Landing On You’ (2019)
  • ‘It’s Okay To Not Be Okay’ (2020)
  • ‘My Love From Another Star’ (2013)
  • ‘One Ordinary Day’ (2021)
  • ‘Will It Snow at Christmas?’ (2009)
  • ‘Dream High’ (2011)
  • ‘Moon Embracing The Sun’ (2012)
  • ‘My Love From The Star’ (2013)
  • ‘The Producers’ (2015)
  • ‘The Thieves’ (2012)

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/top-10-highest-paid-korean-actors-of-all-time-1217517

• Like 1

Kim Soo-hyun expressed his feelings after being appointed as ambassador for National Tax Service "I think this year, which I was appointed as an ambassador for the National Tax Service along with the return of the drama, will be a special year.