❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

21 K-Drama Superlatives From 2020

2751b04d95b7421696cc208b7eba5b99.jpeg?s=

Many things have been up in the air this year. (And no that’s not an airborne virus joke). Travels, studies, work, leisure, relationships, etc. have all been impacted one way or another. But there’s one thing that remains constant and that’s K-dramas. And with that, here is our annual superlative roundup.

Despite the particularly difficult year, we can still find the silver lining and be thankful that we’ve at least had a strong showing in K-dramas to help us get through our stuck-at-home days. We’ve seen plenty of fantasy, sci-fi, and even makjang dramas, though there does seem to be less sageuks this year. Cable channels in particular have gifted us with well-written, well-produced, and well-cast dramas.

To honor the dramas that have accompanied and provided us with healing or have just been a form of escapism, I give you, in no particular order, 2020’s superlatives.

Now before you get up in arms about not seeing your favorite drama, please note that this is not a list of the best dramas of 2020, but rather a fun, silly way to take a stroll down memory lane. So feel free to head down to the comments section and nominate superlatives for all the other deserving dramas!

Disclaimer: This article only includes dramas that premiered between December 1, 2019, and November 30, 2020. Also, minor spoilers ahead!

Most victorious return from the military (2020)

Kim Soo Hyun in “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”

Its-okay-to-not-be-okay-540x381.jpg

Aired on: tvN
Air date: June 20 – August 9, 2020 (16 episodes)
Starring: Kim Soo Hyun, Seo Ye Ji, Oh Jung Se, Park Gyu Young, Kim Mi Kyung

Kang Ha Neul received this title last year for his victorious return with “When the Camellia Blooms.”

This year there were actually quite a few male actors making their post-enlistment comeback, but Kim Soo Hyun was arguably involved with the most critically-acclaimed drama of the bunch. He had a cameos in “Hotel Del Luna” and “Crash Landing On You” before having his official comeback with one of the most talked about dramas of the year, “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.” Kim Soo Hyun plays Moon Kang Tae, a caregiver who works at a psychiatric hospital and has an autistic older brother (played by the ever-so-talented Oh Jung Se). The whole drama, with dashes of fairytale wonder, is unique, aesthetically pleasing, and fronted by a strong cast.

Its-okay-to-not-be-okay-Kim-Soo-Hyun-gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

8 hours ago, Cinder9966 said:

@willenetteThanks for always updating his news.  

I can't believe today is "Dream High" 10 years anniversary.  I hope he can work with Suzy again on the next drama.

@Cinder9966, ohhh................thanks for this reminder - I almost forgot. Time flies so fast, huh? It's already been 10-years..... Looking forward for MORE projects from him. :blush:

13 hours ago, Cinder9966 said:

The news confirmed he rejected the drama offer to him "Bloody fingers"... :bawling:

We trust you KSH, I am sure you already have other offers in mind you are consider.  Hopefully won't take too long.

@Cinder9966, yes, I feel sad & bad that he turned-down this Netflix project. IDK what's the reason. I guess his agency wants some say/control in the production, which they can't do that when it's under Netflix. I wish him success on whatever project he chooses. Well, he will always do a great job no matter what project he's in, though. But, I would love to see him in this kind of role. But I respect his choice. I believe in his decision. Good luck KSH! I hope he picks another great role that he wants to do. Definitely, he doesn't want to play  a sociopathic murderer. It's an interesting role. Or more likely he didn't like aspects of the project. What about another rom-com, huh? I love that kind of genre. Romcom projects are fun. :blush:

4 hours ago, willenette said:

@Cinder9966, yes, I feel sad & bad that he turned-down this Netflix project. IDK what's the reason. I guess his agency wants some say/control in the production, which they can't do that when it's under Netflix. I wish him success on whatever project he chooses. Well, he will always do a great job no matter what project he's in, though. But, I would love to see him in this kind of role. But I respect his choice. I believe in his decision. Good luck KSH! I hope he picks another great role that he wants to do. Definitely, he doesn't want to play  a sociopathic murderer. It's an interesting role. Or more likely he didn't like aspects of the project. What about another rom-com, huh? I love that kind of genre. Romcom projects are fun. :blush:

Yeah, I am sure there is a major reason behind.  And people also said they keep changing the director which is not a good sign either.  Rom-com is good, but do you think he will..? :)  He has done some in the past, he loves to challenge himself, I think he wants something diff and unique.     

Dang, back to the waiting game for us lol

3 hours ago, Cinder9966 said:

OMG that was fast, today he confirmed this upcoming drama.  It sounds much more interesting and better than the previous drama offered.  I am exciting. :)

@Cinder9966, I guess this is one of the reasons why he turned-down the offer from Netflix. This upcoming drama is named “That Night” (literal title). The drama is about two men who get involved in a murder case. Kim Soo Hyun will play Kim Hyun Soo, a normal college student whose life turns upside down when he unexpectedly becomes the key suspect of the murder case. Cha Seung Won has been cast as Shin Joong Han, a lawyer who barely passed the bar exam and the only person who reaches out to help Kim Hyun Soo. It will begin filming the first half of this year and premiere in the latter half of the year. Wahhh................having him on the screen right away is indeed a blessing. I'm excited for Kim Soohyun's return on the screen again. I guess this character suits him better..I'm always here for KSH! He rejected the last one but gives us something else! He's an excellent actor! :blush:

Actor Kim Soo-hyun to appear in new drama 'That Night'

Actor Kim Soo-hyun [ILGAN SPORTS]

Actor Kim Soo-hyun [ILGAN SPORTS]

Actor Kim Soo-hyun has decided to take part in a new drama called “That Night,” according to his agency Tuesday.  

The new drama, a remake of the “Criminal Justice” series which originally aired on BBC, covers the investigation after a woman is murdered. 

In the show, he will take on the role of Kim Hyun-su, a very ordinary college student who unexpectedly becomes a suspect in the investigation. The drama is scheduled to start filming in the first half of this year to air in the second half.  

Actor Cha Seung-won has also confirmed his role in drama. He will play a character named Shin Jung-han, a lawyer who helps out Kim.  

BY LEE SUN-MIN   [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/01/05/entertainment/television/Kim-Soohyun-Korean-drama/20210105155900544.html

• Like 1

*** Can't wait for this. In general, Korean remakes of US dramas are pretty. :blush:

*************************************************************************************

Kim Soo Hyun x Cha Seung Won confirmed to star as leads in Korean remake of BBC's 'Criminal Justice'

1609812163-20210104-kimsoohyun.jpg

Actors Kim Soo Hyun and Cha Seung Won will be making up the dream team in a brand new drama series produced by Chorokbaem Media and The Studio M!

The upcoming series will officially mark the Korean remake of the popular BBC series, 'Criminal Justice'. The drama will be remade with the title 'That Night' (literal translation) and directed by Lee Myung Woo of 'The Fiery Priest' and 'Backstreet Rookie'. 

First, actor Kim Soo Hyun is expected to return to the small-screen as the male lead Kim Hyun Soo. An ordinary college student, Hyun Soo suddenly becomes the primary suspect in a murder case, his life turning upside down in just one night. Alongside Kim Soo Hyun, Cha Seung Won takes on the role of the only lawyer willing to help Kim Hyun Soo, named Shin Joong Han. Having just barely passed law school, Shin Joong Han's involvement in Kim Hyun Woo's case eventually takes his unremarkable life to new heights. 

Stay tuned for even more details on Kim Soo Hyun x Cha Seung Won's 'That Night', coming in the second half of 2021!

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/01/kim-soo-hyun-x-cha-seung-won-confirmed-to-star-as-leads-in-korean-remake-of-bbcs-criminal-justice

• Like 1

• swingbaby changed the title to Kim Soo Hyun 김수현 [ Upcoming drama " That night" ]

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

Kim Soo Hyun featured in question 3 - Please vote ! :dorakiss:

• Love 1

• Guest changed the title to Kim Soo Hyun 김수현 - Upcoming Drama 2021: "That Night"

*** I'm glad that Kim Soo Hyun is set to return on the small screen again with an exciting drama "That Night, which is a Korean series remake of BBC's "Criminal Justice." Together with Kim Soo Hyun is Cha Seung Won. The said drama will be a collaboration of GreenBam Media, The Studio M, and Kim Soo Hyun's home agency Gold Medalist Entertainment.  :blush:  I'm sure this will be one of the most highly anticipated thrilling dramas of 2021. The shooting schedule will start kick off in the first half of this year and is scheduled to premiere in the second half of the year. I'm excited to see his impressive acting performances once again. 

kim-soo-hyun.png?w=591?w=650

(Photo : Kim Soo Hyun's Official Instagram Account)

• Like 2